New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt Warrior Arena mk III Fight 13

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a lousy bunch of rolls. Sorry :/ And yeah, fractionals aren't intended to make anyone strictly better or worse (though they are always beneficial BAB-wise), just make multiclassing sensible. The UA variant of Fractionals allows +2 per save more than once, but the article we're using doesn't. Better that way; it discourages multiclassing for ridiculous saves and means Save-containing effects can actually be useful.

Initiate Shadow Garrote:
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+21)[38] for Damage - (6d6+12)[39] Miss Chance - (1d100)[57]
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: I don't know how shadow garrote works (I'm pretty sure that makes you the winner) but Leaves is 10' out of your touch range, and I'm not sure if you can Jump without provoking an AoO.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    OOC: I don't know how shadow garrote works (I'm pretty sure that makes you the winner) but Leaves is 10' out of your touch range, and I'm not sure if you can Jump without provoking an AoO.
    Alya's reach is 15'. It's a 30' range Ranged Touch Attack. Now that I think, I suppose it does provoke an AoO for being a ranged attack, so feel free to take one, but as maneuvers are like attacks (unlike spells), they don't get interrupted (other than if you end up outside my reach, but I think it's impossible).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Well it wouldn't matter anyways at this point. Now if I'd remembered to ask about jumping causing AoO's during your last maneuver - that could have had an impact (Hey Leaves, don't forget to add in the bonus from Elan's bard song everything else ).

IC: Leaves twists, but cannot evade the encroaching shadows. They travel up from the base of his legs, across his trunk, down his arms and up into the branches over his head. To Ayla, who cannot see leaves, it looks as though the tendrils of shadow are curling in a complex web like so many strands of smoke. Then, once the treant is completely covered by lines of darkness, they constrict - tightening around every part of his body until sap oozes out of his wooden body. Then the shadows disappear while Leaves's body reappears in space - stiff and covered with wounds - and he falls to the ground.

OOC: Well, I don't have any idea how Shadow Garrote works, but I thought that would be a cool description. You win this round Eldariel

I'll pm Lyndworm - and we'll have to battle again
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2010-01-17 at 03:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35

OOC: You're allowed to Tumble during all movement and Jumping counts as movement so yeah, that part is...accounted for, so to speak. There are also about a hundred tricks in my bag of tricks I didn't get to use yet. By the way, here's the description of Shadow Garrote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "With a subtle gesture, you carve a slice of shadow from the air around you and cast it toward your foe. It wraps around the creature’s neck and squeezes the life from it."

I also remembered wrong; it's only 5d6 damage, but given if we remove 6 from that roll, it's still way lethal, that doesn't really matter.

Alya resumes her own shape. "It seems this battle was mine to win. Worthy effort. We'll fight again."

OOC: I suggest you free up two feats for Martial Study: Anything and Martial Stance: Thicket of Blades. This would enable you to take attack of opportunity on anyone moving within your threatened reach, including Tumble, Spring Attack and other similar means that normally bypass AoOs.

It seems like that's your biggest, simplest weakness. I know you're trying to use only free material, but frankly, on an arena (which is by default high optimization as it's PvP), you really can't afford such fundamental weaknesses in your gameplan.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-17 at 05:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Match Finalized.

Eldariel/Alya Montane, Victor
    Wins 2/Losses 0

Rockdeworld/Leaves, Victim
    Wins 0/Losses 1
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.