New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo [Recruitment/OOC]

Our last game ended epically but this one shalt be twice as epic if I have any say in the matter and I should since I DM.

players/characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harman Smith aka too many to list right now - nanobot swarm
    Mr. Wednesday aka Odin - Cracklord
    Dr. Crane aka Scarecrow - doliest
    The Seventh Doctor - industrious
    Your Character - You

rules
    Spoiler
    Show

There are three major zones (Fawkes, Gotham and Volettra), each with about sixteen districts. Players will start in a random zone and district, and have to search for vampires and their minions who come from the serieses of the players (Who will all be semi-randomly distributed). When they find them, they will describe a strategy to the DM, roleplay it, and he will decide if it works or not. If not, the Twilight vamp will either flee or attack. Twi-vamps will hypotheticly be able to kill the heroes, but only if you do something mind-numbingly stupid. Like attack massive numbers of them at once.

If you have any questions, advice or proposals, PM them to me and I'll thrash it out with you.

Thyere won't be any points this game since no one really cared about them last time. I'm also going to be more flexible when it comes to turns but if someone does somehting that involves your character and you don't reply for a day you shall receive a PM reminder and if you go for another day with no repy I shall take over control over your PC breifly to move the rest of the players along.

In a turn, there are several phases. First is movement, in which they can travel to another district. If there are enemies that haven't be killed in the district they leave, they may be followed.

If they do not have some means of transportation (i.e car), they may only travel to adjacent districts, or get some means of transportation (enemies won't be using them anymore). Otherwise, they may move to any district they wish.

There is combat, which occurs when a player decides to engage. this must be declared before other actions, otherwise the character is assumed to be silently observing. If, after moving, they meet an enemy, they must decide whether to engage or simply observe, and may not take other actions in between.

In an engagement, your character must free form dictate the actions taken. The more complex and detailed, the more likely it is to succeed. Actions considered to be out of character will be ignored.

Special actions are actions using you characters abilities. Naturally, they are subjective, and the ruling of their effects is decided by the DM. They are not useable in certain conditions. For instance, a scientist may not attempt to use his abilities in the middle of a forrest far from any equipment he needs.

All alliances are informal, and can be ended at any time.

Attacking fellow players while not encouraged is allowed.

Primary (Twilight) Opponents
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here we go. Characters: (taken from Wikipedia)
    Bella Swan.
    Can protect her mind and is immune to hypnotism and mind reading. Doesn't want to drink blood for some reason. Pure vanilla women, who desperately needs some self-respect. Beautiful as only an unashamed Mary Sue can be.
    Found in: Fawkes

Edward Cullen
    Creepy stalker guy who watches little girls sleep. Can read minds, except Bella's. Sparkles in the sunlight and plays the piano.
    He's not gay or anything.

Jacob Black
    Pedophile werewolf Native American who has betrayed his people's lifestyle to mess around with crappy cars. Can turn into a wolf, but not a wolf man, and heals fast. Like to wrestle other shirtless guys in a non-gay way, and you could cut the sexual tension between him and Edward with a spoon.

Alice Cullen
    Can see the future, although if she was any good at it she'd have jumped in the ocean and would be hoping the sharks get her before the hunters.

Carlisle Cullen
    Single-handedly responsible for the aberration that is this story. Is a doctor. Gives information of questionable scientific merit. There is nothing odd about him choosing his eternal companion to be a seventeen year old boy. Nothing at all.

Esme Cullen
    Carlisle's bait and switch to prove he's not gay. That's about it.

Rosalie Hale
    Doesn't like Bella, making her the most believable character in the series. The fact we're not meant to like her only adds to her appeal.
    Made it through the Great Depression thanks to a job in a bank?

Emmett Cullen
    Basically a strong vampire frat boy.

Jasper Hale
    He can control emotions, and based on his backstory may be actually competent. Long live our glorious confederacy.

Renesmee Cullen
    The half human daughter of Edward and Bella. Engaged to Jacob despite being barely a year old.

Police Chief Charlie Swan.
    Bella's dad. Has a gun he's never used, making him arguably the most dangerous opponent.

Werewolves.
    There are 16 of them and they are all found in Fawkes. Nine of them have names, but who cares.

Aro
    If he's what passes for a bad guy, no wonder they evolved so poorly. Can read minds by touching. It's truly a tragedy. Still, his existence is an abomination against god.
    Found in: Volettra

Marcus
    He's Aro's echo. Ignore it, and it will go away. He can sense relationships. Why that could conceivably be useful to a man who rules part of the world with an iron fist, when he could, alternately, kill with a thought if god had been a bit kinder, nobody knows. Maybe if he was subtle and manipulative he could do something with it. If.

Caius
    He doesn't seem to do anything. We suspect he's retared, senile, or both. Doesn't have any powers either.

Volturi goons.
    There are quite a few of these. Most are competent, and have offensive powers. Each are worth ten points.
    32 of them. Randomly spread around, two Wives always with leaders.
    * Afton - unknown talent
    * Alec - sensory paralysis
    * Chelsea- relationship manipulation (cannot manipulate emotional ties as easily, eg. Bella and Edward)
    * Corin - unknown talent
    * Demetri - tracking sense (known as the greatest tracker in the world)
    *Felix - N/A
    * Heidi - illusion of desires
    * Jane - illusion of pain
    * Renata - protective shield (can form a mental force field to avoid physical attacks, her power is quite similar to Bella's ability to create mental shields to avoid mental attacks.)
    * Santiago - N/A

Denali sisters
    Irina, Tanya, and Kate. Apparently responsible for the myth of the succubus, as it is perfectly plausible for cultures a globe apart to develop the same legends because three sisters like to have a bit of fun over in Italy.
    Worth five points each.

Please detail where your characters are and what you characters are doing.
    Available starting locations in Fawkes:
    School
    Forest
    Museam
    Quillayute river system
    Indian reservation
    Town
    National park

Aavilable Gotham City (Batman's city in a Twilight game? Madness?)
    Wayne Enterprises Offices
    Crime Alley
    Police Station
    Arkham Aslyum
    Iceberg Lounge (Nightclub)

Available starting locations in Italy:
    Roman Theatre
    Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta.
    town
    backstreets
    outside the walls
    airport

Other districts must be discovered.
    Go for it

Any established fictional criminal, psycho, soldier, agent, adventurer, superhero, supervillain, mercenary, assasin, private investigator, police officer, paranormal entity, etc who lived on Earth at any point between 1940 and 2020 are fair game for playable characters.

To register do a write up of your character's abilities and post it here or PM it to me. I shall then eventually say yes or no to it. I might not be very swift repling since I am visiting family over the next two weeks. The game shall start on the 3rd of January.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo [Recruitment/OOC]

Actually, I think I might change mine from the Seventh Doctor to the greatest vampire killer that ever lived...Samson!

Name: Samson, aka The Silver Mask Man

Powers/Abilities:
    1. Amazing feats of strength!
    2. Incredible skill at lucha libre!
    3. Power over badly-dubbed English!
    4. Inability to understand/counter judo!
    5. The greatest uniform ever made for fighting vampires!

...but in all seriousness, I am excited about this game. I can play as Ace as well, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #3

I forgot to mention Ace up there but yeah he's cool for play as well.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright.
    This is going to be good.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 06:29 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #5

I've been reading wikis to brush up on my Twilight canon for this. My Gods it is stupid.

Twipires get weaker the longer they are vampires. Seemingly only to justify Bella beating Emmett at arm wrestling.

So yeah you all get busy and start killing these SOBs.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Horrible is it.
    I took a certain pleasure in killing them off as I learned about them.

Hey, if no one is playing the Joker, may I? (Damnit, so many characters I want to play, so little time!)
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 05:09 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Horrible is it.
    I took a certain pleasure in killing them off as I learned about them.

Hey, if no one is playing the Joker, may I? (Damnit, so many characters I want to play, so little time!)
    Didn't I already approve a second character to be brought in later for you?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

So you did. Forgot all about him.
    Alright, forget it.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 05:59 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #9

So you did. Forgot all about him.
    Alright, forget it.
    If you'd rather have Joker as your second character thats cool too we only got four players so I could probably handle him easy enough once all the introductions are out of the way.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

On one side, I really want to play a modern paladin/white mage, arrest Edward Cullen and turn him over to inquisitors (exactly what it says on the tin) for poaching without a licence (it's only legal if you get Night Watch approval).
    On the other, I really want to play the Joker.

... I'll play the Joker.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 07:29 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #11

Joker it is. Dr. Crane will not be happy.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Joker AND Crane? I don't know whether to laugh or run in terror.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

You'll do both, unless our respective gasses cancel each other out.

Remember what happened last time he tried his fear-gas on the Joker.
    Incidentally, I'll play a mix between the Dark Knight and comic book Joker.

By the way, The Joker's power isn't in a straight0up fight, but rather in setting things up, so expect me to come up with intricate and elaborate plans that in theory already have their foundations.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Very accomplished combatant, due to a.) being full of adrenaline all the time, and too insane to know when he should hold back b.) due to practice, and c.) due to his alien mindset. Specializes with knives or conventional firearms, explosives and a few unconventional weapons, such as laughing gas. He is also something of a determinator due to his lack of care about pain
    2. Incredible charisma, and accomplished manipulation. The Joker has an incredible knowledge of the human brain, and knows exactly where the leavers are. With focus, he can easily bend them to his will, and make them see things his way. He always has several expendable minions and one minion lieutenant (in this case, Harley).
    3. Insanity, or maybe super-sanity. The Joker is not stable, totally unpredictable, and as such his mindset is utterly alien. Charles Xavier, in a cross-over, attempted to read his mind, and mentally regressed to a four year old in self-defense.
    4. Memory. The Joker has a photographic memory, all though he is so egotistical he only bothers to recall what effects him at one time. Due to this he is ale to rapidly learn about computers, biology or other area's of science to genius levels.
    5. Total lack of empathy and disregard for life, including his own, as long as it's funny. He's killed 3000 people, the only person to qualify for war-crimes without actually fighting in a war.
    6. Range of gadgets, that he seldom relies on, preferring to improvise.
    7. Total lack of anything resembling fear. No past, cares about nothing other then Batman, and nothing to threaten him with.
    8. Razor sharp wit, and sharper cruelty.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 08:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Time Lord. Said gases probably have odd effects on their biology(just look at what cyanide does...or aspirin).

Ace, on the other hand...human.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #15

Joker looks good for play. Incidently this probably means Batman might end up briefly coming to the aid of the Twipires.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NO!
    Wrong on so many levels. *Shudder*

Though the Joker would have a field day. Batman saving vampires from humans...

Incidentally, said gas works on quite a few aliens, including Superman and Martian Manhunter, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does just what it says on the tin.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 08:08 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I can believe Batman siding with the Twipires...then turning them in for murder once the Joker and Crane are stopped. The man knows how to play one side against the other.

Incidentally, that means that this game is going to probably become a Thirty Xanatos Pileup. We have: The Tenth Doctor, The Seventh Doctor, The Joker, The Goddamm Batman, Mr. Wednesday...and whoever else.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Just be glad I'm not playing Gesar anymore. He makes us all look like amateurs, with chessmaster brilliance.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

It could get even worse. Throw in Frank Fontaine, Andrew Ryan, Hari Seldon, V, Edmond Dantes, Q, Indiana Jones, L, Light, and Xanatos himself. Add salt. Proceed with caution.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

That is... Impressive, to say the least.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    It could get even worse. Throw in Frank Fontaine, Andrew Ryan, Hari Seldon, V, Edmond Dantes, Q, Indiana Jones, L, Light, and Xanatos himself. Add salt. Proceed with caution.
    If that were to come up I'd just quit as DM. No one could keep up with that mess.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as planned.

Entirely out of interest, are we using the turns thing or did that get scrapped?

Edit: Found out myself.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 08:25 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #23

Turns have been scraped it's just easier without them.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

And I forgot Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty, too...

But I can imagine how that game would go...

"So long, Mr. Ryan. Your ego is no match for the Death Note!"

"But your use of that Note has allowed me to figure out your identity, and thus, send you to jail!"

"And thanks to some money donated to our fine ICPO, I should be able to have a look at that notebook..."

"Your money will be vivisected by V, you corporate hound. Hail anarchy!"

"Except that I have planned for all of this, and calculated it down to the last variable. V's state of anarchy will last for a mere six months before a Second Empire reasserts itself, stronger than any before."

"You mooks are all idiots. You're all here in a room, and none of you are really armed. This is how we do it in the Bronx, boys." *machine gun fire*

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Joker: I saw this coming, the man you are shooting isn't actually me, just someone in my makeup, and I'm sitting back in an abandoned warehouse, watching it on camera, and laughing as you all kill each other.

batman: I got one of you mooks to talk, put the relevant information in my big computer, brooded, and determined you would be, and so I am here as well. You're coming with me to jail after I hit you a few times.

Mr Wednesday: You're momentary lapse to take care of the Joker has allowed me to begin a gang war on Gotham's streets where I play of both sides in order to make a fortune and become leader of the underworld.

Gesar: And that is just as planned, since I escalate it until it becomes a full-fledged civil war, in which I will be able to kill of anyone unaffiliated with the light, as well as gain a hundred new men, and sufficiently shock the world into rethinking much of its culture, bringing America into a golden age far beyond this one.

Xanatos: And by investing in a few corporations you will be forced to rely on to build this, I am set to both make a killing and control the empire through a legal monopoly.

Sherlock: Elementry, I have determined the holdings and investments by examining the chalk on the soul of one of your shoe's, and have provided them to the authorities preventing this from happening.

Moriati: And I have seen to it that this money is redirected into my off shore-bank accounts.

Ozymandius: And i have used my fabulous wealth to purchase all those companies now that they are in trouble, and will use them to create free energy, bringing humanity one step closer to world peace.

Visini: Inconceivable!

And so on, and so on.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 09:14 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

And I got the DVD of Survival(last classic Dr. Who serial ever) over the holidays. Hooray for the Seventh Doctor!

Also, a moment of silence for Ten. I was crying at the end.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I rewatched Big trouble in Little China.

Edit: We forgot Ozyandius in the Xanatous Roulette.
    Edit of Edit: All fixed.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 09:14 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

.....Wait if we're guessing second characters already, and my slasher movie villains wouldn't play well with others who can I play that can match Batman in combat and be as unpredictable as Joker in his movements; someone who's well written, but not too complex in his play style, and someone who will NOT put up with the manipulations of the Twipires.
    Can we add Walter Kovacs to this game, as my second character?
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-03 at 09:15 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

...Stunned silence of awe...
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Can we add Walter Kovacs to this game, as my second character?
    Yes. Provided he keeps a journal through this.