New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

Dr.Crane
    "I believe the term is 'Gone, gone, the form of man; arise the demon Etrigan?' If you could just say those two simple lines so I can negotiate with your larger, more terrifying half? He has business with us." Dr.Crane says, keeping his voice level.
    Rorasch
    "Let him live."
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-11 at 01:56 AM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday shrugged. "Waste my time?" He asks, throwing some old magazines and knickknacks off the passenger seat to make room for her. "Now make sure you don't get too comfortable. We'll be getting rid of this car soon."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wednesday

Poison Ivy sighs and gets in the car, rather uninterested.

Scarecrow

"You don't look like the JLA. That means you have no business with the demon and should go to extreme measures to keep it that way." Jason begins to close the door them.

Rorasach

Batgirl takes off her mask. Showing a young eurasian woman who has seen death both sides of it. She walks towards Rorasach and punches him in the face in such a way that it will hurt for a few hours but won't do any serious damage.

Before he has any time to react her mask is back on and she goes out the window clocktower's roof top entrance and jumps into the sunrise.

Oracle smirks slightly. "Batgirl was raised without language by her assasin parents, raised only in the language of violence. She learned to read human body language and movements the way you and I understand words. She was meant to be the perfect assasin but it backfired. When she was given her first assignment some minor crime lord she killed him with ease but then something happened. Her ability to read body language continued as the man died in front of her. She felt the man's death as if it were her own. Understandably she doesn't take well to killers."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #394

Dr.Crane
    Dr.Crane sticks his foot in the door, "Not quite; my name is Jonathan Crane; criminal alias, 'The Scarecrow,' and something big is about to go down in Gotham and we would like Etrigan's help."
    Rorasach
    "Seems a bat trait. That and combat training. Used to it; Driedberg and Silk Spectre were both weak. Comedian saw truth; Manhattan did not value life of any sort." Punch hurt jaw; hurt, but not that bad. Nothing lasting. Strange quirk of the bat clan; weak, like Driedberg. An organization of better trained Driedbergs who combined to form a Veidt.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-11 at 02:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday ignored her disinterest. He was used to being the center of things, but didn't care about being ignored. As long as she did her job, she could think anything of him that she desired.
    Polling out a bottle, he passed it to her. "Mead. Drink." He says shortly, not taking his eyes of the road. "We have an agreement. You do as I say, and I pay you ten thousand a week, plus any benefits you desire. Drink on it."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 02:32 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #396

Wednesday

He is lucky that mead is made from honey and not from a fruit or grain. Otherwise well that bottle will be shoved somewhere unpleasant.

She drinks it down with surprising ease. "Anything else?"

Scarecrow

Jason stomps on Crane's foot. "All the more reason not to give you access to the fires of hell."

Rorasach

"Bruce likes to keep us in combat shape. Considering it's a slow night when all the criminals are humans without supertech or magic these days it is a good idea but I have to ask you something." Oracle wheels into the infirmary to get a closer look at Rorasach.

"You keep mentioning other heroes. I know every hero on this planet and I have never heard the people you are talking about. Not to mention that thing about New York being destroyed. How did you get to Gotham Rorasach?"

7. - Top - End - #397

Dr.Crane
    "Trying to keep this civil, Blood; we're on the same side here, temporarily. Let's try to keep it that way." Crane says, keeping his foot in the door.
    Rorasach
    "Dr.Manhattan put me here. Best not to dwell on it. Strange that you don't recognize Manhattan or Veidt; they were well known, even outside of New York. Manhattan for being super-man and Veidt for his advertising campaign. Veidt had just destroyed New York to end Cold War; everyone go along with charade of blaming it on aliens. They compromised. I refused; Manhattan sent me here." Strange; Gotham was so different from New York; but still the same. It had been a different world to him; but maybe 'different world' had been more correct than thought.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

Wednesday nodded, looking pleased. He already liked her a lot better then Crane. "Just one. You want to kill anyone, any sort of traceable crime, you run it past me first." Wednesday said, still not taking his eyes of the road. "And if I say no, then I mean no, and so you don't. Trust me, I'm not someone you cross. Twice, anyway."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 03:18 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #399

Scarecrow

"How exactly are we on the same side? I am the immortal host to a very angry demon that has to do six hundred and sixty-six good deeds as defined by some abstract power that decided if what he does it good enough without telling either of us so he can return to Hell. You are a psychiatrist, with a bio-chemistry major and a chip on your shoulder." Blood is not happy.

Rorasach

"End the Cold War? Rorasach the Cold War ended when the Soviet Union fell in 1989. Twenty-on years ago. How would aliens change the Cold War anyways? Earth has withstood invaisons of hundreds of different aliens over the years."

Wednesday

"Fair enough I suppose. You don't want anything tracing back to you understandable." she leans back in her chair.

"Who is this cop I'm supposed to torture anyways?"
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-11 at 03:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday shrugs. "Calls himself Charlie. Seems like a pretty good guy. Has a pretty spotless record, other then he enjoys hunting a bit too much, once critically injured a man while driving and drunk and never admitted it, occasionally takes tiny bribes or bends the laws, and was a pretty poor excuse for a father and husband." Wednesday says disinterestedly.
    "But I need to get inside his daughter's head, and this is a good way to do it." Wednesday continues. "So I'm going to put you on television, and she'll come to me. Feel free to make some generic save the rainforests message or whatever you find important."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #401

Dr.Crane
    "We both don't want Gotham to burn down around us. I'd say that's something that we share, wouldn't you say?Also my major was psychology specializing in fear; not bio-chemistry." Time to start talking the man; shouldn't be too hard. Blood wouldn't want Gotham burning and Etrigan get's a good deed out of it.
    Rorasach
    "Soviet collapse? Tricky ****'s been promising that ever since he was elected for his third term; hadn't happened yet. Alien invasions? That doesn't make any sense; Veidt manufactured a fake Alien who's psychic backlash killed everyone in New York; united the Communists and Tricky **** against a potential invasion; no nukes fly."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #402

Wednesday

"The daughter of a no one cop is tied to a powerful metahuman family. Strange world."

Scarecrow

"Both of you come inside. I am not transforming out here." Blood relents and allows the supervillains into his home.

Rorasach

"Richard Nixon? He stepped down as President partway through his second term in 1974. Rorasach, I don't think this is your world." Oracle goes to the delphi computer system and brings up the 52 protacol. A digital diagram of the last 52 universes that make up reality.

"You said this Dr. Manhattan sent you here to keep you from exposing that fake alien plan? He didn't just send you to a differnt city Rorasach. He sent you to an alternate Earth." she presses a few keys and it shows a picture of Victor Sage the first Question. A man that looks almost identical to Rorasach but his costume is slightly different. A blue overcoat and fedora over top of a suit. His mask not a shifting ink blot but a blank slate.

"This is the late Victor Sage. The Question. I think he was you in this universe."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday smiles a wolfish smile. "You don't know half of it." Stopping the car, he gets out of it, opening the door for her. He even offers her his jacket due to the cool night air, though something in his manner suggests mockery.
    He hails a cab, and asks it to take him to their townhouse.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #404

Ivy makes a distinctively insulted noise as she gets in the cab but doesn't voice her dissent.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday claps his hands loudly as he steps into the townhouse, not even slightly surprised when no one reacts. "Alright." He declares. "There are six rooms. Pick one, I don't care which. If you need to go out, disguise yourself, dye your hair, wear sunglasses, blue clothes, and don't kill anyone we haven't talked about. They're due to find you missing in about twenty minutes, so you'll be marked for a while. Want to buy anything, use cash. The policeman due to be graced with your presence is in the basement, drugged off his face, get started on that whenever your ready. I'm going to bed, but I'm a light sleeper, and you try and do me in while my eyes shut, you'll be hurt. And Crane's a dry turd, feel free to have as much fun with him as you want, but if you make me have to break up any fights, you'll wish you stayed in Arkham" He cracked his neck, although his demands were pretty reasonable, delivered withoutso much as a hint of threat. "Goodnight."
    Either he was insanely trusting, or he knew something she didn't.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 07:00 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #406

Dr.Crane
    "Fine; it's in our best interest to avoid a scene anyway." As Crane and Calendar enter the house, "Oh yes; this is my associate; he simply goes by 'Calender Man' to most people."
    Rorasach
    "Strange. Not impossible; seen Manhattan done stranger things. Any way to make sure; any way back?" Another world? Would explain the large amount of heroes. Would explain New York still being around. Another me? Wonder if the rest have duplicates here.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-11 at 09:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

17. - Top - End - #407

Wednesday

Muttering curses unto the "chauvinistic pig" that liberated her from Arkham she goes and stakes claim to an empty bedroom. Where she makes a list of the types of seeds she will need to torture Officer Swan.

Scarecrow

"The League has this place under surveillance so don't try anything funny with Etrigan. I have their word they won't make any move on here unless it looks like he is out of control." With that he closes his eyes and begins to recite the rhyme.

"Begone, Begone oh form of man. Arise the demon..." as he comes to the last line it seems like Hell itself had spilled into the room with all the fire and brimstone that entails.

ETRIGAN!

Gone is the man who stop before Dr. Crane and Calendar Man before. In his place stands a hunched over figure with a ferocious mouth and grasping claws. "THE DEMON ETRIGAN HAS AWOKE. SPEAK QUICKLY YE LITTLE FOLK."

((I am soooo going to hate his rhyming soon.))

Rorasach

"We can do a DNA test. Match you against the Question. As for sending you back. I personally don't have that level of power but there are more than a couple individual heroes who might. I'll see what I can do."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the woman about to dispose of Leah, the Doctor ran forward. As he spotted a fire hydrant on the corner, an idea sprang into being.

"You know, I always wanted to do this..." he muttered, grinning to himself. Pointing the screwdriver staright at the hydrant, he set it to setting 4578, and activated it, causing a freezing jet of water to spray out towards the vampire and Leah.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

When Wednesday awakes, he takes the list, then inquires as to whether she wants any others for her own, personal use.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #410

Ace and Ten

A combination of explosive deodorant and high pressue blast of water knock the woman to the ground.

Leah is also caught of guard by the water and is knocked into the wall where she reverts back to her human form.

Wednesday

"No these species will do for now. They'll allow me to mess with your cop friend and hold my own should your metahuman family not react as expected."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

He nodds. "Right. I'll be out all day. Have a good one, don't leave the place unless you have to." Wednesday says, then takes the car.
    Stopping, he flicks through the phone book, then the street directory, and, satisfied, drives smoothly and flawlessly to a high class apartment.
    It was a spacious affair on the Upper Eastside, a prime piece of real estate with large, easterly facing windows spanning three full walls, Miller Harbour twinkling in the distance. Before those windows, a long, heavy desk of solid oak sat, set with a custom inlay of green leather. The latest in leather executive chairs loomed behind the desk, also in green.
    A brand new green iMac sat gleaming on the desk, along with a set of vintage puzzles - an original rubik cube, an enameled gold Chinese finger trap, a jade puzzle ball, a metal box with no seams or latches discernible to the eye - and an engraved pen and ink set.
    The wall opposite the desk was lined with a set of green leather couches and the large rugs that patterned the honey-coloured floorboards were white, decorated with an interlocking pattern of squares in muted green and purple. Adorning the wall were a set of framed newspaper articles, celebrating Nigma’s various successes since become a private detective.
    Edward Nygma was a far better detective then he'd ever been criminal.
    Mr Wednesday knocked twice, then opened the door, staring around interestedly before sprawling on one of the couches.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #412

Edward Nigma still adorned in his old costume comes out to great Wednesday.

"Edward Nigma, Private Investigator Questions Answered Condrums Solved and Gordian Knots Untied. I do not handle mundane cases such as cheating spouses and suspected fraud that would not give me an appropriate mental challenge but I can recomend several other professionals across Gotham and comparitive rates based upon the chances of their success with cases similar to your's." Nigma smiles he truly does love saying that even when he knows it is unnecessary.

"You must be Mr. Wednesday. I was expecting you to show up sooner or later."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

"And you're Edward Nygma. Reformed criminal turned private detective." Wednesday growled, one egocentric being to another. "Tell me, what is permanently attached to you and yet constantly shifting?" He asked, getting up and enfolding Edward's hand with his own enormous paw.
    Looking around the office, he smiled. Oh, he understood Mr Nygma. "And while you puzzle that out, listen. I have a proposition for you."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Ace

"Leah!" Rushing to the older woman's side, Ace checks if she's all right. "Are you alright?"

Seven

Still tinkering with the TARDIS, the Time Lord begins to devise a plan for the upcoming ball. Of all the Doctor's incarnations, this one is one of the most devious.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #415

Wednesday

"I'm sorry sir but my riddle days are over but I'll listen to your proposition." Nigma sighs. Already he had deduced the answer to the riddle but no he will not let that obsession plauge him and hold him back from his true potential anymore.

Ace and Ten

"Nessie. She's wearing Jacob." Leah manages to tell Ace before slipping into unconsciousness.

The woman lifts herself to her feet. Discarding the wet werewolf coat. "I am not going to lose here."

With that the woman disapears into a puff of pink smoke.

Seven

After a moment or two of planning the tardis receives a communications signal. Three men sitting on lavish thrones apear on a screen and stare intently at the Doctor. "You must be the Doctor. We must admit we have been out of the cosmic loop for sometime but we always thought that the Daleks would have destroyed you and all of your kind by now."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-11 at 05:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

"Please. The Riddler is of no interest to me at all. Now, Edward Nigma, private detective, he could be useful. In a few days, a beautiful woman will approach you with a problem, regarding a kidnapped father. I would like you to redirect it to me, without telling her why." Wednesday said, letting go and sitting back down, helping himself to 70 year old scotch from the liquor cabinet.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 05:19 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #417

Dr.Crane
    “We’ll try not to take up too much of your time then. To put it simply, we would like you to work with us in preventing a battle-royale that could very well end in this city burnt to the ground. We need someone of your strength and knowledge to overcome the various sides involved, and I would assume that preventing this fair city from burning would most definitely be a good deed, by any standard.” ‘Funny, I thought only Tetch ever spoke in couplets.

Rorasach
    “Unfortunate, but could be worse. Could be dead. Need DNA? Would blood work?” If in alternate world and stuck; then what? Bat-clan makes a reliable ally, but too weak to kill scum. ‘Oracle’ seems to get it; Alfred ambiguous, but bat-girl and bat-man would not be supportive.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

From out of the car steps Kevin Smith, muscular, tall yet hunched over, shirtless albino wearing sunglasses and wielding knives. He takes off said sunglasses, and in an instant he disappears from all view (even security cameras and the like), possessing the invisibilty of a phantom. With speed unusual for a man his size, he runs up to the front door of the house. In a quick back-and-forth switch, Coyote unlocks the front door, then Kevin carefully and quietly opens it to enter the house.

29. - Top - End - #419

Wednesday

"This woman will be Bella Cullen, correct?" Nigma smiles.

"I've been following you and Dr. Crane for the last while. I must say that your stunt with Poison Ivy was very clever. Using Zeus's God complex and Arkham's own security measures to cause a distraction. Very clever, Wednesday or should I call you Odin?" Eddie's grin grows wide with this. He's not quite sure what it was that left the king of the Asgard in this state but all signs point to it. The name, the eye, the connection with Zeus, the former acompliace named Low Key sitting in jail with his illigitament son.

Scarecrow

"GOTHAM BURNS NIGHTLY. IT IS OFTEN QUITE UNSIGHTLY." the Demon growls motioning out the window towards a small inconsiquental gun fight that just broke out.

"This isn't going well Crane." Calendar man smirks.

Rorasach

"Blood would be perfect actually. If we can't send you home do you think you'll stay here or head up to New York?" Oracle says getting out a syringe.

Harman

The house is well furnished but seemingly empty. There is some noise upstairs. Sounds like people looking for something.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-11 at 05:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday claps, smiling to himself. So much for disinterest. "Right. You are good at this. And yes, the woman is Bella. Well done." He says. He doesn't seem worried or frustrated that you figured him out. If anything the opposite is true. "As to why I am like this... well, this isn't a world for gods. Not any more. The world needs a different sort of hero. One they can see and admire, rather then feel above them. We have no place in our own world. And so we've allowed ourselves to fade, our own exploits becoming little more then legends, until we are forgotten, although we shall never be gone entirely. But sometimes something arises that needs us. And in such cases, well, we have to act." Wednesday lies smoothly, in such a way that suggests a paranoid old hardarse reluctantly taking someone into their confidence.
    Wednesday pours himself another generous measure, offering some to Edward.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 06:23 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.