New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

Dr.Crane
    "I don't mean small fights; if this gets as big as I expect it to, all of Gotham will be little more than cinder and ash. Powerful meta-humans, massive resources, and, of course, Batman will all end up thrown into one collective fight that will raze this city; unless the proper intervention is made." Crane tries not to stare at Calender Man with incredulity, finally deciding to simply mutter, "You have a convincing argument?"
    Rorasach
    "Gotham seems fine. So similar to New York; only here others fight; everyone else had retired, died, or were working for government until The Comedian died." Hold arm out for syringe.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-11 at 06:07 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Ace

"We have to get her back to the TARDIS. Which one is closer?" Ace seems frantic.

Seven

"Get used to disappointment. You must be the Volturi; I'd say it was a pleasure meeting you, but it isn't." Seven does not look his best currently; tinkering with the TARDIS has caused mercury stains on his coat, his hair is sticking up in a manner reminiscent of Einstein's, and his tie is loosened. Still, he somehow manages to be dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wednesday

"Are the Cullens that dangerous?" Eddie pushes aside the offered beverage. He doesn't drink it dulls the senses of mere mortals like himself.

Scarecrow

"I was going to suggest leaving him and getting someone else for muscle." Calandar Man shrugs.

"WHO IS IT YOU FEAR SHALL FIGHT? THE DEMON ETRIGAN SHALL SET THEM RIGHT." Etrigan doesn't take well to people suggesting he should be replaced.

Rorasach

"Then you may want to get used to being 'weak' as you called it. Bruce isn't normally very forgiving when it comes to murder." Oracle takes the blood sample she needs and returns to her machine.

"You got lucky he decided to try and reform you. Considering the fact that he personally is the reason why the New Blood heroes of the 90s a whole generation of heroes willing to kill stayed out of Gotham. Unsurprisingly most of them are now dead."

Seven

"That would be correct. We bare you no ill will. We are just doing what we need to surive on this single world going out of our way not to harm anyone and punishing those amongst our kin who seek too much power or to expose us. We want to live in peace, Doctor not conquor realities as we did millenia ago."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-11 at 06:36 PM.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite himself, Wednesday is pleased. It's the sort of bullshit he feeds someone when he needs a worshiper, and against all probability it's working.
    Wednesday nodd in answer to his question. "F*ck yeah." Then he elaborates. "If not, do you think I'd be here?In this world, someone comes along with a plan to end the world, and it never works, but sometimes... sometimes that's only because we give things a few little pushes. I prefer not to act directly, so do this for me and you'll never hear from me again. Unless you want to play a game of chess sometime." Wednesday isn't interested, but makes an offer nonetheless. It's the sort of thing Odin as Nigma imagines Odin would do. Poor man obviously hasn't read enough mythology. Still, there is a chance the Riddler will see through him at any moment.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 06:46 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carefully Kevin creeps up the stairs to investigate the source of the sound, with a knife at ready of course.
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-11 at 06:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

"Live in peace? Live in peace? You escaped the Time War via use of Paradox and trickery; your very presence warps reality, three vampires that should be dead but still live. You have spread your kind like an infection over this world, and you tell me you wish to live in peace? I am the Doctor, twice-President of the Council of Time Lords. Defender of Gallifrey, Keeper of the Legacy of Rassilon, chosen by Time herself to be her Champion. You will not live in peace, vampire. You may bear no ill will towards us, but you will be defeated."

It would be an understatement to say that the Doctor was angry.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-11 at 07:06 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #427

Dr.Crane
    "It's a long list; we've got a large number of Meta-human vampires, a man of unknown power scale named 'Wednesday,' a mysterious woman who seems to be another one of the meta-human vampires, Joker, and those are only the immediate and obvious potential enemies. Would you be willing to help us stop them?"
    Rorasach
    Had nothing to say; strange concept, really. Gotham was so much like New York he could practically get around without a guide. It was almost the same city; but the person who he'd have to work with would only work with the weak. Strange concept.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

8. - Top - End - #428

Wednesday

Eddie struggles to keep a straight face before bursting into a laugh that would make the Joker blush. "I'm sorry. I was going to try and humour you to milk out more information but I couldn't help myself. Not a world for Gods? Please there are Gods all over the place. Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel have their patrons, there must be a Hell for Etrigan to come from. You don't come out of the woodwork to save the world or the paper trail of your conjobs would also lead to at least some of the times the Justice League, the Teen Titans or someother costumed do gooder saved us all from imminante doom." Eddie stretches and taps his signiture questionmark cane against his shin.

"This isn't about saving the world Odin. This is about power. The Cullens have it and you want it. I have nothing against that. In fact I'd call it perfectly respectable"

Harman

An unnaturally attractive woman is sifting through the drawers in one of the bedrooms looking for something. Her skin sparkles as the sunlight from the morning sun hits her back. She doesn't even notice Kevin or isn't paying any attention if she does.

Seven

"You would condem us for not fighting a war we considered unjust? We were forced into battle by our kin against our wishes. We knew your kind only had the best interests of the universe at heart so when we happened upon those paradoxes we took the oppurtunity to escape and live our lives in peace. What did we do to deserve your wrath?"

Scarecrow

"Etrigan shall lend his hand, to lay down the law of the land." Etrigan nods in agreement.

"What move shall be made today, to end this day with a slay?" What he speaks in ryhme? No one said anything about proper grammar.

Rorasach

The computer shows the matching polymerase chain reactions, Restriction fragment length polymorphism and other advanced scientific terms Rorasach likely would have no understanding of but he does reconize are the words "98% Match"

"You have genetically in common with the question than any realative would have but there still are differences between the two of you. This about narrows it down. You are were exiled to another world."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-11 at 07:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kevin realises that it is another one of the vampires and swiftly acts without saying a word (Never talks anyway). With a speed and accuracy that would make a Spetnasz jealous, he throws three knives aimed at the woman's spine, while closing in for the kill.

10. - Top - End - #430

Dr.Crane
    "Today? Today is nearly over; we'll need your help on the date of the big Wayne Ball, of course if plans change then I will alert you. On the day of the ball a powerful meta-human named Wednesday will be drawing all of the Cullens to him, which will likely draw the Volituri and a powerful, unnamed figure. We're going to try to contain all of this so it doesn't spill over. We want to end the fight where it starts, rather than let it grow in size."
    Rorasach
    "Another world? It's not so different, here in Gotham. The scum is the same; many of the problems are the same; it's New York in make-up. Will stay in Gotham. Should find apartment soon."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

11. - Top - End - #431

Harman

Two of the knives bounce off harmlessly but the third wedges just right into her back. Not enough to take her down but enough to limit mobility and hurt.

The woman lashes out with a diamond hard fist towards Kevin.

Scarecrow

"VERY WELL THEN DOCTOR CRANE. ON THE NIGHT OF THE BALL WE SHALL CAUSE SOME PAIN."

With that the Demon turns away from Crane. BEGONE, BEGONE, ETRIGAN, RESUME ONCE MORE THE FORM OF..."

An explosion everybit as violent occurs as Etrigan reverts back into Jason Blood. "...Man."

Jason looks at the supervillains "I assume you made your plans?"

Rorasach

"Good to hear. I think. Anyways I think we have a use for you. The Cullens and those Dalek things were trying to take out Batman before the charity ball his secret identity Bruce Wayne is in charge of." Oracle presses buttons on the computer bringing up schematics for Wayne Manor.

"This leads me to assume that they know Bruce Wayne is Batman's mask and they are planning something at the ball. I already will have as many members of the Bat family and the Birds of Prey as I can get in place but if they know who Batman is it is only safe to assume they know who every known member of thr Bat family's identity is known to them. I'd like to put you in the ball disguised as part of the serving staff. It gives us a fighter in there they aren't expecting. We'll have all the remianing Cullens in one spot to be taken out."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday nods. "You're smarter then I give you credit for." He replies grudgingly. "So sharp you'll cut yourself. But this isn't abut power. This is about what is already mine. And I intend to keep it." Wednesday smiles a hard smile that is far more terrifying then anything else he could do. "What I am asking you to do is not illegal. Most Morality goes over my head, but as I understand it, you'll be helping me deal with killers, so it won't disrupt your second chance. And you won't have to deal with me as an enemy. So what about it?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #433

Dr.Crane
    "Indeed. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We'll try to avoid causing any problems outside of the small time frame in which we requested his aid. If you have no questions, we'll be going now."
    Rorasach
    "Fine; I'll guard the party. I assume that no one will recognize me without my face?" Remove my face. Don't like plan, but if it gets enemies into one place, then will do so.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes. Because you have been breeding anew, been preying on humanity. Because you have broken the Laws of Time. And because as long as one vampire remains, there is a possibility that you can break back into the Time War, and bring it back out of Timelock. And I will not allow that fate upon the universe." Flicking a switch on the console, the Doctor terminates the connection, and locking onto his future self's bio-pattern, materializes the TARDIS around the trio. Surveying the situation, he leaps to action.

"Ace, bring Leah to the Zero Room." Newly rebuilt, the Zero Room functions to help aid mental and physical rejuvenation. After a particularly nasty regeneration into his Fifth incarnation, he had made frequent use of it. The teenaged girl stays with Leah, as she wakes up on the floor of a plain, featureless white room.

((sorry for cutting that conversation short, but Seven has a habit of doing that. My favorite scene with Seven is when he does it with Davros. How Seven rolls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNQavEr1o3g))

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #435

Wednesday

"I have no intention of opposing you Mr. Wednesday. I just do not like being lied to by people who are asking for my assistance." Nigma states plainly.

"If you want my help then kindly stop trying to play me. You will find me much more cooperative that way."

Scarecrow

"Only one. When and where do you want me to let the demon out for you?" Blood asks surprisingly clamly.

Rorasach

"I hope not. I haven't even seen you without your mask yet. Don't worry, you can put it back on once the fighting inevitably breaks out."

Team Doctor

Leah wakes up wrapped in the coat from the Woman. She screams in terror and throws the coat away.

A few minutes later the Whomobile is airdropped right outside of the Tardis.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-11 at 09:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Ace

"Leah, what's the matter?" Ace stares at the coat in confusion..."That's him, isn't it? I'm so sorry."

Seven

"At last...something suited to my sense of style." Looking over the Whomobile, the Doctor checks to make sure that it's running properly. He even makes sure that there is enough petrol in the tank. "Ace is going to love this."

Locking the vehicle, he reenters the TARDIS, and contacts Wayne Manor. "Hello, this is the Doctor. I was wondering if I could speak to Batman, please."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-11 at 09:50 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have." Wednesday replies. "I've omitted quite a bit, but life would be no fun without puzzles to solve, would it Nygma? I would like you to recommend me to Miss Swann when she comes o you for advise. Beyond that, you're actions are your own. And if Crane gets in contact and tries to screw me over again, you can pass iton to me if you want."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #438

Dr.Crane
    "An hour before the Wayne ball. He'll know where the meet up is, and you should be back in control in an hour or two, at the very most. I'd like to thank you for being so calm about this."
    Rorasach
    "Face. This-" Lift up face, "is my face." Point to mask, "This is a mask."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

19. - Top - End - #439

Ace

"It's worse that woman. It was Nessie his fiance Renesseme. The daughter of Bella and Edward Cullen. She killed him and turned him into a coat." Leah starts to cry again.

Seven

"He is a bit preoccupied right now. I'm his sidekick Robin. How can I help you?" A boy in his early twenties wearing a domino mask and red tights looks back at the Doctor.

Wednesday

"Very well I'll do as you say but not for free. I am a business man after all. I'm not going to ask for much since all I am doing is redirecting a client and keeping tabs on Crane for you. Two thousand right now with another three if I find Crane is up to anything?"

Scarecrow

"When you live as long as I have very little bothers you." Blood explains.

Rorasach

"Of course my mistake."

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Ace

Ace can't say anything. She just holds Leah tightly. She's crying too.

Seven

"I was hoping to share information with him about the Volturi organization. I was with him earlier this evening when a few of their goons attempted to attack us."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #441

Dr.Crane
    "Well, thank you regardless." A few miles away from Blood's place Crane turns to Calender and says, "Good, now I need to know if you're still up to handling Batman; I want you to ensure that he doesn't catch wind of what's going on, and that he won't until we want him too. To this end I want you to go out and commit a crime. Something big and serious, something that points to the idea that you're starting a spree. Until the ball, I need you to do this so Batman stays off the main trail. Are you up to it?"
    Rorasach
    "Fine. Sleep now; need to be ready to go back out tomorrow. Anywhere to sleep?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday scoffed. "Of course he's up to something. We both know he is." He removes a stack of unmarked bills and places them on the table. "Two thousand. Three thousand if you can give me his exact plan." Wednesday replied, getting to his feet. "Oh, and by the way, what is permanently attached to you and yet constantly shifting? Your reputation. This, veneer of respectability you’ve erected.” He swept his hand in a broad gesture that encompassed Edward’s apartment. "I don't trust you at all. I can trust the others to act in their own best interest, but you, well." He turned his ancient gaze on Edward, hard as the cliffs so many raiders had perished against when they failed to appease him first. "No. I can't. So I'll tell me now, I'll find out if you try to screw me over." His lips tightened.
    "I'll admit, part of me says just put a gun to your head, and say ‘Do it and make peace with god.’ But then, you made it as a criminal in this town for a long while, and to do that takes balls. Besides, you’re honest. You’d just nod politely and call the police, who’d most likely find me now that Crane’s said too much. If I want to hurt you, this is where I'll do it. And you won’t be able to stop me. I’ll take away your fancy apartment, your toys, your suits, and leave you reduced to being what you’ve always been afraid of going back too. And then I'll take the thing you treasure more then any of this, your mind. By the time I'm done with you, you'll beg me to finish you. And I will, too.” he got to his feet. "Good day." Then left before Edward could answer.
    On the way back to the townhouse, he picked up the seeds, plus a few valuable rare tropical pants he could use to bribe her. If only everyone was so easy.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-11 at 10:16 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #443

Ace

Leah stands up and takes a deep breathe to clear her head. "You wouldn't happen to have some spare clothes on this thing would you?"

Seven

"Thats what he is working on now actually. I'll patch you through."

The image changes to that of Batman at a different computer. "You found your companion and older half alright I take it. I haven't found much on these Volutri yet but I have made some progress."

Scarecrow

"Stop and think for a second there. What is my gimic? I commit crimes based on holidays. It is January 11th if I were to pull something now everyone would know something was going on." Calendar Man explains as a spectral figure decends from the skyline.

The Gentleman Ghost manifests himself in full in front of Scarecrow and Calendarman. "I was told you wanted to employ the services of the Gentleman Ghost Doctor?"

Rorasach

"There are bedrooms and bathrooms one floor down. Mens on the right side of the hall."

Wednesday

"Hrmp I knew your riddle. I was saving it for your exit and you had to go ruin it." Nigma mutters as Wednesday leaves

Wednesday's trip is rather uneventful. Upon his return Ivy eyes his purchases with scrutiny. She come to the tropical plants. "You took these outside in this winter weather? Are you crazy? It is a miracle that they didn't die after one second of freezing temperatures. Come on babies Mommy will take of you now."

Her speach drops down into illelagable as she takes the seeds and plants down stairs to Officer Swan.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday helps himself to another beer. It's lunchtime and he's ingested enough to kill a horse. Part of him wants to go out and start squeezing blood from stone, getting money that way. But the wise part council's patience. He'll send the video to the media, and wait.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Ace

"Of course there is." Ace leads Leah to the TARDIS wardrobe-literally thousands of outfits on racks. Every style from Roman togas to 51st century jumpsuits, all genuine is represented somewhere. "I don't really go here often, but since we'll be going to a ball soon enough, I suppose I better pick something out as well."

Seven

"Yes, I did, thank you. Now then, I have reason to believe that the Volturi are about to attempt to kill the two of us, in addition to the Cullens. They have several millennia of experience, and the resources that come with it. I can also tell you that they are lead by a triad of three male vampires. For my own part, I was wondering about your city's usual villains; are there any tricks or people that I should particularly worry about? There usual modus operandi?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #446

Rorasach
    "Understood." Went down to empty room; laid on bed. Slept.

Dr.Crane
    As Calender Man starts talking Crane is about to respond, but as Gentleman Ghost lands, Crane smirks and says, "Yes. I'm starting a small criminal group here in Gotham that will take advantage of an oncoming catastrophe. I was hoping to hire you on. I'll be able to pay you a reasonable sum as well as with a book that holds information on the spells that keep you alive as you are. Would this be acceptable?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #447

Wednesday

Screams are heard from the basement. Ivy is getting an early start on the video.

Ace

Leah picks out some clothes for herself. Both for now and later for the ball.

She turns to Ace. "Thank you."

Seven

"Most of Gotham's worst are currently locked up in Arkham but that doesn't usually hold them very long. Currently the Joker, Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy are out in the city. The Joker is completely unpredictable, just as likely to throw a pie at you as he is to shoot you in the back of the head. Scarecrow is a former psychiatrist who uses a weaponized fear gas, I have no idea how it will effect you but I know for a fact in effects Kryptonians so I'd be careful. Poison Ivy is an echo terrorist, I can't see any reason for her to be involved in this at all but if she is she employs control over plant life and emits powerful pheremones from her body that bring men under her control. I'm innoculates against them but I have no idea what it would do to you."

Rorasach

Once Rorasach falls asleep he has an interesting dream. A dream where he is alone in a red desert landscape with a large naked blue man, Dr. Manhattan. "Hello Rorasach. It has been a long time."

Scarecrow

"Now that depends on what you need me to do Doctor?" the ghost replies.

28. - Top - End - #448

Rorasach
    "Only to you. You sent me away less than two weeks ago; not long enough." Would punch him; but wouldn't work. He's practically god. Really, not sure how much he had to go until it would be official. Still, the thought that I could was comforting.

Dr.Crane
    "Simple three part mission. The first is keep the Bat busy until the ball. Then you will have to aid me in sneaking two hostages out of a fight. Finally I will need you to aid as a....body guard, so to speak. I feel that your particular talents will be most useful for the ensuing battle. Nothing complex. While not the usual robbery gig, I feel this is not outside your realm of expertise."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

29. - Top - End - #449

Rorasach

"Has it? I apologize for sending you to this other world but it is essential you are present for the events that are about to unfold. Veit's attack on New York is but a moment. A brief flicker that can hardly be said to have happened at all to the cosmos. If the Cullens have there way here all human life in this univers will die." Manhattan explains.

Scarecrow

"That is simple. What are you not telling me Doctor?" the ghost seems bemused by this.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-12 at 01:27 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450

Rorasach
    "Wipe out all life? Seems strange, but then so did alternate worlds." Cullens? Those people killed by Clown and 'Renesmee?' Seemed like victims. Possible to be both victims and perpetrators. Possible, should look into it.

Dr.Crane
    "That's the gist of the deal. All you have too do is launch a minor crime spree; steal whatever you want and keep it. Then we need to get the two hostages, a Bella and Edward Cullen, into a safe house, and finally I need you as a body guard for the final deal we need to make with a contact, that last part may be unnecessary if she doesn't react to the deal violently."
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-12 at 10:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar