New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

Ten surveyed the Who mobile with wry amusement.

"Oh no, I'd forgotten about that. I mean, I know trainers and a suit is odd, but come on. What was I thinking? Anyway."

Ten moved to stand next to Seven.

"I doubt the gas would affect me terribly, at least not for long. It might, however, be a considerable inconvinience. We need to get to Wayne Manor, I think, and prepare for this evening. Alternatively, we could attempt to track down these 'villians', but I'm fairly sure going to the do-thing will give us quicker results. Plus, we need the cnnection with the Daleks. I'm not about to let them escape again."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Seven
    "It's all part of my plan, Ten. I have some preparations to make, a new outfit to try (paisley, while stylish, is a bit achronistic for a formal event)." Turning back to the monitor, the Doctor nods. "Thank you for the advice, Batman. We will be seeing you later this evening." The Doctor terminates the connection.

"Do you have any gas masks? We might not be affected, but Ace and Leah might be."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah, I suppose I'd better change, as well. Ohh. That suit. Oh dear. Oh well, can't be helped. And gas masks? Yeah, I should have some somewhere. They're iiiinn...let me think.........the forth transdimensional wardrobe, on the 5th intersection of the 4th level.....you know what, shall I just go?"

Ten wandered off, muttering something under his breath about formal attire, and unlucky omens.

A surprisingly short time later, he returned, with two slightly decrepit gas masks swinging from his hands, and clad unusually, in a black suit and matching trainers. His coat, however, was still draped over his arm.

"How many bad omens can you have in one outfit, really?" The Doctor raised the gas mask to his face, with a grin.

"Are you my mummy?"

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rorasach

"Yes. One of the Cullens has a set of nine rings that channel cosmic power and in the Batcave Bruce has sealed a being more dangerous than the Adrian's monster. Should the two come into contact with a cosmicly empowered being like a vampire it will cause a train of events that will result in all humans and human like species being reduced to primordial ooze." Manhattan explains.

Scarecrow

"How can I not agree to that? Where and when should I pick up the hostages?" the Ghost asks.

Team Doctor

Leah comes to the section of the Tardis where the Doctors are discussing their plans for the evening. She tosses the coat made from Jacob at them.

"This used to be my cousin Jacob. He was slaughtered, pelted and turned into a coat by his fiance the half vampire Renesseme Cullen. While the Cullens are monsters they wouldn't have let her do this to him, he was a close friend of Renesseme's mother. Renesseme is operating on her own and she admitted to doing something to Earth's connection to the timestream to bring you here before she tried to kill me."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr Wednesday stopped at the doorway. He didn't want to come closer then strictly necessary, being caught on camera or recognized by Charlie would make this all a waste of time.
    He'd changed, was wearing an old, worn suede coat, darkened with rain stains, a wide floppy hat that shadowed his eye, as well as most of his face, a black silk eyepatch, moleskin pants and leather top, as well as quite a few belts and buckles in place of his usual suit. He looked like a cross between a gunfighter and an aging rock star. A rusty sword hung on his hip, leopard nylon wrapped around the hilt roughly, and his beard seemed to have grown more in a few hours then would be expected in a month. He was leaning on what seemed to be a staff, although it was wrapped in what looked like a dust sheet, tied of by cheep ropes with tassels, so it was hard to say for sure.
    He coughed, just loudly enough to be heard, to get her attention.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-12 at 04:43 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #456

Wednesday

Poison Ivy looks at the camera briefly and nods. A vine from one of the now over grown tropical plants turns the camera off.

She leaves Officer Swan in his plant bindings and walks over to Wednesday.

"Can I help you, sir?"

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

He smiles. "That should be enough. Now, I'm going to deliver it." He stops, and inhales the air, drinking in the scent of soil, blood and fear. "Tell me, me dear, interested in attending a ball tonight? All Gotham's finest will be there, and once it begins you can kill anyone you like, just as long as you do something else for me first."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #458

Wednesday

Ivy nods at her camera vines and tosses her the tape which she hands to Wednesday. "I'm never one to pass up a party. What do you need me to do first?"

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

He hands her the staff. "When you get there, this will become a spear. When it does, I want you to take this, drive it into the ground and say..." His voice is so low it can barely be heard "I dedicate this death to Odin." He smiled, then tossed her a package. In it is an expensive green cocktail dress. "I got you this. Matches your eyes. You'll be everyone's envy. Now I'll deliver this." He says, taking the tape and secreting it somewhere on his person "And make sure it's on television before the hours up. You make yourself beautiful, and finish off the policeman if you get bored. One less chauvinist in the world" Giving her a wink, he closed the door and vanished back up stirs.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-12 at 05:44 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dr.Crane
    "Arrive at the start of the Wayne ball at this location; a little punctuality never hurt anyone after all." Crane gives him the location of the townhouse. "Calender, you'll be staying with me. We need to get back in time to meet up with Wednesday and phone Nygma. Ghost I'll be bidding you farewell for now." Crane nods his head and starts the quick trek back to the townhouse he's staying in with Wednesday.
    Rorasach
    "Kill Cullens then? Fine; should have said." Simple really; kill Cullens until no longer a problem. Still there was one problem with all of this, "Couldn't you do it? Faster than Veidt. Powerful enough to kill Cullens if Clown could."
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

There were never a shortage of people willing to follow the Joker. It was the deference a two-bit thug gives someone who's not afraid to be really bad, a healthy dose of fear (It's better to be at the devil's side then in his path) and after what he'd one to organized crime, there were plenty of lesser psychopaths who needed direction.
    Besides, he paid well. You just had to be alive long enough to keep it.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-12 at 05:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #462

Wednesday

Ivy points at the plants holding Officer Swan up. The plant snaps his neck and drops him to the floor as Ivy goes to prepare herself.

Wednesday meets no resistance delivering the tape to the Gotham News Network.

Scarecrow

The Gentleman Ghost departs with a nod of the head. Then the phone the woman gave Crane starts to ring.

Rorasach

"That is difficult to explain to one such as yourself. I am no longer able to exist within the bounds of physcial space. I am forced to act indirectly through people like you or not at all." Manhattan explains.

"That is all I can tell you right now." with that Dr. Manhattan forcibly ends Rorasach's dream.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday dials Cane's number as he drives back to the townhouse. Everything is in place, except Crane.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #464

Dr.Crane
    Dr.Crane sighs as both phones start ringing and opens both putting them both up; (One to each ear) and saying "Hello?"
    Rorasach
    Dream ends. Get up, go up to higher floor to see if anyone is up. Need to give warning. Possible just dream, but seems unlikely. Should check fact to see if monster sealed in cave.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

15. - Top - End - #465

Scarecrow

The phone from the woman carries not her voice but Edward Nigma's. "Good this means I was right about her. I have some good news and some bad news for you Jonathan."

Rorasach

As he gets up to the command centers he'll see members of the bat family dressed up in formal wear preparing for their security operation at the ball.

Several people he doesn't reconize. A tall thin man with long black hair, a shorter man, a twelve year old boy, a blonde girl in her early twenties and another dark haired woman.

"Good to see you awake Rorasach. We were just about to go over the plans for tonight."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday, speaking at the same time, says "We're ready. Run into any difficulties? And before you come back, tell Edward whatever deal he made with you is off, and that we're ready to begin. But be quick, The Cullens should be calling him any minute."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #467

Dr.Crane
    "Start with the bad news; that you got in contact with Gentleman Ghost and Etrigan agreed has kept me in a good mood." Crane says, lowering the phone with Wednesday on it out of range for the time it takes him to say that, before quickly putting that one back up too his ear as well. Upon lifting Wednesday's phone back up he says, "I'm not going to bother denying my deal with Eddy, but frankly I'm amazed it took you so long. Did you get Zsazz? Either way everything's ready. You want me to stay at the town house for when the Cullens arrive?"
    Rorasach
    Cut straight to point, "Is there a monster or force locked away in cave?" Needed to verify if dream or not.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-12 at 06:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #468

Scarecrow

"Wednesday knows about our deal and Hugo Strange skipped off to Coast City just in time to be blown up in the 90s. The good news is I know the true identities of both of your employers." Eddie says.

Rorasach

"There was this giant black Egg Bruce had trasnported from Japan a few years ago. There was a cult dedicated to awakening what was inside it. How did you know?" Oracle says bringing up specs of the black egg.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday seems almost amused, a bad sign. "Well, Crane, I got bigger things to worry about then who you invite into your sandbox. You're just the distraction after all. By the way, I draw the line at Etrigen. Don't contact anyone else. And I didn't get Zsasz. Too unstable, and besides, I think I'm surrounded with enough of your friends for the moment. I got someone better." Against all probability and logic, you can hear his smile across the line. "Now hurry back. It's time we did this."

A rented limousine is parked outside the townhouse, and Wednesday looks out of place in his new clothes (Or rather, very old clothes). He's still drinking, but you'd never guess it looking at him, if anything, he looks more steady.
    "I never told you what's in it for you." He says to Ivy, putting his hand over the reciever to keep Crane from listening in. She's beside him, spilling out of the cocktail dress, that he tactfully bought a size too small for her. She's always absolutely stunning, but now she looks like she should be the beautiful consort of the sultan of Bruenei. "A week from now, Gotham will be gone. Not ruined, just... gone." He made a little movement with his hand, as though illustrating it was empty. "Nothing but a fresh start. The most disgusting, polluted den of human scum gone, the smog that clouds the clear skies gone, the concrete jungle that shackles the world, gone. All gone. A fresh start, for the world to begin anew."
    He smiles. "God I may be, but humans birthed me here, drew me into the world on the wings of death, fed me and made me strong, then abandoned me to grow weak, and yet I remain, and still I hunger. I will devour them, draw hem into myself, then slumber once more until the world is ready to feed me again." He smiled, wolfishly as always. "I neither care, nor oppose your dreams of a green world. That's what's in it for you, a chance to start again without these mindless insects scuttling around."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-12 at 06:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

With supreme acrobatics, Kevin backflips out of her reach, then throws a knife at her throat.

21. - Top - End - #471

Rorasach
    "Manhattan. Cullens get into contact with egg, we die. Gotham dies. Earth dies." Strange. Unprecedented. A vampire and an egg, destroy everything? Needed to stop it. Can't fail again.
    Dr.Crane
    "Really? Who, then? The insipid female was giggling like a school-girl about it; rather childish really." Wednesday knew I was working with Eddy, knew I had a plan. Doubted he knew the extent of it, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday knew Crane's type. They never got over being bullied and ostracized at school, and shaped their entire lives around it. As such, he was probably sill uncomfortable around girls who had never spoke to him. He probably hated Poison Ivy. "If you can't guess, you're not worth what I'm paying you. Now hurry back. And by the way, I draw the line at Etrigan. Anyone else and I get mad." With that he hung up, and turned back to Poison Ivy.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-12 at 06:58 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #473

Wednesday

Poison Ivy smiles. "A trite predictable in my desires am I? None the less I can't argue with those results should you be able to deliver them."

Harman

The knife hits her throat and pierces her windpipe. She falls to the ground trying to pull the knife from her throat to no avail. That would be the downside to diamond hard skin.

Rorasach

"If that is their plan then we have to change our's. Spoiler, Black Canary, Huntress and Batgirl you four suit up you're standing guard over the entrance to the egg. Everyone else you're still on the main floor of the ball in mundane clothing. I'll alert you over the radio if anything changes." Oracle sighs she is no stranger to weirdness but this just makes less and less sense as they go.

"Remember these Cullens are vampires meaning they are already dead. You can kill them with impunity, that means you too Cass we can't afford to let any of them get to the egg. Good work Rorasach"

Scarecrow

"That would make sense. She is only two years old after all. You were hired by Renesseme Cullen, Bella and Edward's daughter. There is a vampire prophesy that a half vampire would kill all the magical beings in the world starting with her own family."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday shook his head. "Everyone can be expected to act in their own self interest, with a few jarring exceptions. The higher the reward, the more they risk." He replied. "You want what I say I can give you, so you'll play along for now, and by the end of the night you'll have decided whether I'm actually planning to deliver, or whether I'm manipulating you to kill for me or to get you into my bed." He smirked at the last point. "And then you'll either continue helping, or do your best to have me killed. That sound about right?"
    With that, he removed his hat and opened the passenger door. "We'd better go." He says, glancing at the time. "We'll meet Crane at the event."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kevin walks up to the woman, pins down her free arm with his foot, and shoves the knife further into her windpipe. At the same time, he's making a right-left motion so that it tears her throat open even more so.

26. - Top - End - #476

Dr.Crane
    Crane considered calling Wednesday to point out he hadn't been talking to him, but thought better; let him think he was an idiot. What he thought would only end up hurting him, "Hm; that's interesting; would explain quite a lot, actually. I wonder how she's supposed to pull it off? Regardless what about Wednesday? He's shaping up to be a more pressing concern." As they get to the Townhouse; and seeing that Wednesday isn't there, he mutters a few foul words, and turns to Calender, "I'm going to need you to ensure that this part of the plan goes off without a hitch, okay? I'm leaving when Gentleman arrives so that we can show up, cause a distraction at the ball and get away with Edward and Bella. I need you to ensure that you're prepared to deal with the Bat, and Etrigan can deal with the horde of vampires and possibly Wednesday, okay? I'll be suiting up, but I'm leaving you a gas mask and a small number of my gas bombs, if you need them."
    Rorasach
    Say nothing as slip on security guard uniform. Uncomfortable without face; feel it tucked away in pocket. Kill Cullens, save the world.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-12 at 07:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #477

Wednesday

"Well usually I'm the one manipulating people into bed but other than that you're about right." Ivy gets into the car.

Harman

It goes like that for a while before it eventually does enough damage to sever her neck from her spine at which point she expires.

Not far from Harman is a discarded flyer detailing the ball at Wayne Manor in a matter of hours.

Scarecrow

"You aren't going to like this one. Wednesday literally is Odin the head deity of the Norse pantheon. I'm not sure what happened but he is supstantially weaker then he is in the myths but based on what I can tell he has more than enough power to kill everyone in this city if he needs to."

Calandar Man nods in agreement with Crane as the Ghost floats in through the wall carrying an obscenely large bag of loot. "I just knocked over three jewlery stroes and a bank. No sign of any bats anywhere."

Rorasach

After he finishes donning his uniform Oracle informs Rorasach there is a car outside waiting to take him to the manor.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-12 at 07:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Right on time, Scarecrow's phone rings again. "Crane, good to hear from you. It begins in an hour, so get ready. I want you to flood the place with your gas. Get all of them. By the time I'm ready to leave, I want them tearing themselves apart trying to escape their own terror." He says calmly. "I'll give you what you've always wanted. A final thesis on the effects of fear on the human psyche. And you'll even get Batman." Then he hangs up and winks at Poison Ivy.
    "By the time he lets it off, be sure to have done your thing and gotten out of there. Use the spear, make the declaration, then seal as many of the doors as possible." He says, driving through the backstreets like a six-lane highway. "I'll meet you back at the Townhouse with the sacrifices, and we'll see what we can do about destroying the city."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-12 at 07:37 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #479

Dr.Crane
    "Fine; was going to do that anyway. I'm sending in a friend to grab some Cullens and take them back to the Townhouse for interrogation....and maybe experimentation. Either way, just watch for him, he'll be hard to miss." Crane proceeds to hang up on Odin and respond to Eddy, "Well, that's not a good thing. Wonder how I can work around him; either way I've got thank you for this. You're still on the pay roll in case you discover anything else. Now I've got an appointment with Renesmee to keep." Crane quickly calls Renesmee and says, "I know who you are know; and I'd like to make a second deal." While doing this he changes into his scarecrow outfit, grabs the scythe, and gets into a nearby car and gestures for ghost to follow him.
    Rorasach
    Walk into manner. On look out for anything strange; Vampires, Clowns, or just criminal activity. Must be alert at all times.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-12 at 07:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beside the flyer is the ghost of Travis, wearing a black muscle shirt with Bad Girl in hot pink letters on the front.
    "Hey Chief, nasty bit of work ya did back there. She probably had it coming anyway, so all is well. Wicked party going down at Wayne's place, probably like to attend chief. Suggest you be wary though, Wayne's as batty as all the other freaks around here."
    Kevin takes the flyer, and continues to examine the mansion for anything else of interest or information, including calling history on the phones.