New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

((Sorry, I'm a little behind.))

"What?!" The Doctor spun around, his coat flapping behind him. He was met with the sight of a young teenage girl, staring up at him.

"What did you say?" The Doctor enquired, his hand moving slowly within his coat, inching towards the inside pocket.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wednesday

"Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me." With that Officer Swan gets on the radio and sets a couple patrol cars to detain the movers of at the Cullens residence.

Dr. Crane
    The woman nods in agreement and smiles one more time as she pets the head of her fur coat, "Make Uncle Jacob proud, Doctor Crane."

With that she steps into some shadows and disapears.

As he arrives downstairs Dr. Crane is witness to the first patrol car pulling up on the scene. Two uniformed officers step out and begin to aprehend the nearest of the half a dozen movers.

Ten and Ace

((Don't worry about it. I'll try not to advance to plot without leaving anyone that far behind.))

"I know what belongs in this time line. I have seen the whole thing. You are not a apart of my vision Time Lord. I'd suggest you get back into that phone booth before this becomes a problem for us both."

No sooner than she finishes saying that does Ace come out of the museum and trips over the Doctor. I'm not sure how the whole regeneration business works but he will likely remember his former companion. Not much time to worry about that because the vampire talking to the Doctor does not take to Ace's presence well.

"No. You aren't supposed to be here either." With that she launches a super strong vampiric right hook at Ace.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Momentarily thrown by the appearance of Ace, the Doctor was too slow to stop any kind of blow. Physically, at least.

"Nononono, wait. You can see the time line? How is that possible? I mean, yeah, OK, some species can, but you don't look like a Angromite to me. No horns, for starters. More to the point, how do you know who I am? And what's the problem with A.... I mean, this young lady? AND, furthermore, what phonebooth?"

All of this came out of the Doctor's mouth far too fast to be followed entirely. Having finished speaking, the Time Lord adopted an air of wounded innocence, as if he had no idea what the girl was talking about. Then it struck him. If Ace was here, that could only mean.....

"Oh. Dear..."

((In finest Doctor Who tradition, I'm going to be making up species, and suchlike. Purely for comic effect/in-character acting. ))
    Last edited by Eddums; 2010-01-04 at 09:01 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Ace

Distracted by the man's babbling, Ace doesn't manage to block the blow in time, and is sent sprawling onto the pavement. Getting back up, and shrugging off her backpack, she takes out what appears to be a faintly glowing aluminum baseball bat.

"Back off Sunshine. And out of my way Pinstripes. Finally, someone I can hit."

Seven

Caught off balance by the girl's reaction to his presence, the Time Lord blinks for a few moments before acting. "It's quite alright, my dear. I'm the Doctor, and you aren't in any danger. You've had some trauma...trauma...how do you treat trauma...tomatoes...Toblerone...Tea!" Rummaging around in his pockets, he manages to produce a pot of steaming tea, a sugar bowl, and a cup. "I just have some questions for you, my dear."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the look in Ace's eyes, the Doctor gulped. He remembered that look vividly, and couldn't recall a situation where it had generated a positive outcome.

"Now Ac....er, erm....you, that's really not helping. In fact, there are several important, and very lengthy reasons why you should listen to me, instead of using that. Whatever it is."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"And just why should I listen to you?" Ace shoves the talkative man out of the way, and takes her best shot at the vampire with the bat. The weapon has been infused with a portion of the Hand of Omega-it's capable of destroying a Dalek.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-04 at 12:56 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Cops here?" Dr.Crane mutters, "They can't have discovered me yet, so it's almost definitely that the 'Cullens' have caused some type of stir. Best to work with the cops until I can find them." Dr.Crane quickly walks out of the house to greet the cops.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

8. - Top - End - #68

Seven

The young wolf cautiously approaches the Doctor looking at him strangely. "Where? Where did you come from? A second I was alone here then you and that girl who smelt like cats were here."

Ten and Ace

BONK! The bat swings and down goes Alice the vampire who could see the future. Congratulations unto Ace for scoring the first kill and rather annoying Ten for us.

Dr. Crane

That would actually be a bad move since the police have been ordered to arrest everyone on the premis to hold indefidently for the NSA who are never actually going to come.

"Alright there boy, you are under arrest too." the poor cop draws his sidearm and points it at the Crane. This isn't going to end well for him.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-04 at 02:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Seven

"Gallifrey, originally. But I'm a bit of a traveler, and had a bit of an accident. Nothing to worry about, my dear. Ifyou're looking for a name, I suppose I can tell you that at some point in the future, I was Merlin. But I do find it puzzling that a lycanthrope is inhabiting the Washington area. I don't suppose you might satisfy my curiosity?"
    Ace

"And that, Pinstripe, is how you deal with somebody trying to beat you up. But if you see the Professor, I had nothing to do with it."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-04 at 03:20 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

10. - Top - End - #70

"Gallifrey? Is that in Europe?" she looks around nevrously. No matter how nice a stranger might be it is terribly akward to talk to one while naked, especially since the reason you are naked is that you were trying to kill his teenage girl companion.

"Select members of my tribe manifest the ability to access our wolf sides when there is a vampire coven nearby." She begins to explain "We have a treaty now, I probably shouldn't be telling you this but you said you were Merlin so that makes you a wizard right?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Why did you do that? She was only trying to talk!"

The Doctor seemed genuinely angry.

"Just because someone attacks you, you don't have to kill them! I imagine this 'Professor' you're with would hardly approve of that! In fact, I know he wouldn't." The Doctor's voice was hard as steel, and he was staring straight at Ace, a distant fire flickering in his eyes.

He turned his head away, and stared at the body for a second. He blinked, and after a while, seemed to master himself.

"Right. Now. This Professor you're with. Where is he? And more to the point, if you're going to do things like that, why did he let you out of his sight? Oh, and my name's not 'Pinstripe'."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Seven
    "A little bit further than that, my dear...I never asked your name, I'm afraid. And I will be Merlin, sometime in my own future-your past. So I am not a wizard; just a Doctor." The Time Lord is seemingly oblivious to her nervousness.

"Vampires, you say? Oh dear."

Ace

"Look Pinstripe...or whatever your name is, you don't have the right to boss me around. The Professor's busy; he's looking at some other girl that attacked me inside the Museum. I land on this...here and within two minutes I get attacked twice, by a werewolf and some super strong marble-girl." The girl's in his face now...or at least trying to. There's a good foot of height between the two.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-04 at 05:10 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dr.Crane quickly shoves his hand into his pocket and hurls one of the small fear-gas bombs at the officer, relying on the fact that if the man wasn't ordered to shoot on-sight, he was more than likely some small-time cop caught up in something bigger than him.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

14. - Top - End - #74

Seven

"L-Leah Clearwater. Um. Yes, vampires. Although most of them left town now and those that haven't probably will be leaving soon." She is feeling even more akward (and slightly insulted) due to his obliviousness to her plight. "Um. Can we continue this conversation after I go find some clothes?"

Dr. Crane

The police officer screams in terror as the gas begins to take effect upon him. Withing minutes his heart will stop from the shock but before that happens the guns of the other five officers are pointing at Crane. "Drop anymore weapons you have and surrender. We are authorized to use deadly force."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

((if Jonothan Crane is in his suit, this exchange does not happen. Wednesday knows a lost cause when he see's one.))

Mr Wednesday, as Crane reaches for the bomb, steps out of the car and fixes his eyes on Crane, in his very best 'stand down, you don't want to mess with me' expression. It would have made Clint Eastwood put down his gun and start begging. "Officer, restrain this man, but do not take him into custody. He's an informant, keeping the NSA notified to the movements of this organization. We have a deal, in exchange for information, he is given amnesty."
    Wednesday says, improvising quickly. "He's a low level player, we are willing to let it slide in exchange for what he can give us."
    Then he sighs. "In light of his... indiscretion, perhaps it would be best if we notified the federal police, and until then kept him at the station."

Wednesday doesn't have much hope in this working. For one thing, the man is a psychopath. For another, he is a very prolific criminal, and their is a certain romanticism on people who kill and maim on such a large scale. There is a good chance the cop will recognize him.
    And of course, like most improvisation, his story will fall apart rapidly at the close examination.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-04 at 06:10 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coyote gets out of the car and walks over to the workmen by the U-Hal. He looks at them a bit, then asks,"Hey amigos, any idea where the owners of this place are? Need to have a conversation with them a bit."
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-04 at 06:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

(I accept that I m not the DM anymore, but two things. a.)the police have shown up, and are attempting to seize and arrest the entire place, and b.) two ravens should show up any moment to offer you a proposition.)
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #78

((Arrg four posts that mash up the flow of continuity))

Dr. Crane, Wednesday and Harman (Team WTF?)

Coyote sees that U-Haul workers are now handcuffed. "Two of the younger ones who were here with us went into Town for a bit. The rest are all at their new place in Gotham. Are you with the cops?"

It should quickly become apparent that their are six police officers and one man who may be a NSA agent standing near a medium built somewhat brainy looking man with their guns armed. Seconds later a raven lands on his shoulder and attempts to get his attention.

Wednesday makes his speil to the cop who just stares at him for a second, not moving his gun away from Crane. "With all due respect sir. This man just killed an officer. He's coming downtown amnesty or not."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-04 at 06:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sorry, missed your post. Fixed it.))

Mr Wednesday blinked, then nodded. "Of course officer. I simply wish for the opportunity to interrogate him before we turn him over to the feds." Arguing would only lessen the police's opinion of him.
    Inwardly, he's swearing every bad word he knows. Who begins with force? Worse, who begins with only enough force to take down one man, while leaving yourself open?

The raven croaks, sneering at a need for vocal cords or bigger lungs. "Wait. Offering you a deal."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-04 at 06:12 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coyote shakes his head,"No senor, I got other business with them, wasn't informed they were leaving though. I'll go hunt down the chicos in town then."
    At this time Coyote decides it best to get out of here, not wanting to attract the cops attention too much. Especially since he had a fully loaded revolver in his pocket.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The raven nodded it's head, dipping it's beak slightly. "I know where they are. Do you?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #82

((The Raven in Cracklord's post is trying to talk to you.))

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Seven

"Oh..yes...of course." The Doctor blinks in surprise, only now realizing the state of his temporary companion. "Is there any place you wouldn't mind meeting later on, Leah?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coyote looks at the bird, the replies," Er, they're somewhere around town."
    He stops, suddenly, and then ceases to be, with Dan taking his place in reality. For some reason, no one will see this, all there eyes averted by something else, somehow.
    He shrugs and says,"Yeah I met one earlier, bet he still has the bullet holes in him. Bastard got away though, shame, just gives me more reason to find him."
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-04 at 06:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

The raven ruffled it's feathers, then spread its wings and flapped up, slowly gaining height. "If you say so."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan shrugs and heads back to the car, just before he gets in, he notices the ghost of Travis, the first man Harman ever killed. The ghost says in its bizarre scrambled voice which somehow can be understood,"Hey Chief. They fled with their tails between their legs, must be a pain to come all the way here and find them gone. The rat's nest is empty, wasted poison on nothing. Oh well, you'll still hunt them down, won't ya chief?"
    With that Dan enters the car and drives back to town.

27. - Top - End - #87

Wednesday and Crane

The officer growls but reluctantly nods in agreement to Wednesday. He pulls out a pair of handcuffs and tries to put them on Dr. Crane.

Seven

Leah smiles. Thoughts that perhaps this so called Doctor might be senile crossed her mind. "Don't worry. We have clothes stashed around town in case we lose control over our inner animals. Wait here I'll be back in a bit."

She quickly darts into a washroom. Leaving the Doctor alone. Interestingly the exhibit he stands next to details the history and "mythology" of the local Native American tribe.

Harman

The streets of town are surprisingly empty now. Not surprising since twilight is beginning to fall. Under a rather lonely street lamp not that far from the car stands the vampire from before. He is much less sparkly at night.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-04 at 07:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan stops the car, gets out, and shouts at the vampire. "Hey Sparkle boy, you and me have some unfinished business. By the way, enjoying the bullet holes?"
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-04 at 07:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Those are long gone. It's a quiet night here tonight, I won't have to hold back this time. You might as well walk away now, while you still can." the vampire pays him little attention.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-04 at 07:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

From the barrel of the revolver in Dan's hand, an odd, faint glow eminates, first red, then pink, then a light blue. The Demon Shell is ready. "Well niether am I sparkle boy, and I never walk away from a fight, unlike you. But I'm feeling generous, let me cut you a deal, save me the trouble of finding your family in Gotham, and I may let you go."