New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

Wednesday smiled. "Alright. I am going to turn you over to the police. I would let you kill them all, but right now they're useful. Sure, it seems petty, but i know what I'm doing. So pretend to come quietly. Then, at the right moment, make a break for it. I'll arrange things so you get away, and I'll have a car waiting for you. Agreed?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-05 at 05:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Agreed." Dr.Crane says, slipping one of the two gas bombs he hid into his pocket into his sleeve and turning around so that the plan could be enacted.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

The blue speaking cop grabs Crane, handcuffs him and shoves him into the back of a patrol car before getting in himself and driving back towards the station himself.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

((Rendered obsolete))
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-05 at 05:59 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

((Rendered premature))
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-05 at 06:15 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Getting up from his seat, Seven motions for Ace to take it. As he walks to the console, he brings an old-fashioned doctor's bag; upon opening it, he selects a tool that vaguely resembles a red lollipop. With a whirring sound from the device, one of the panels underneath the console is exposed. "Apparently the time circuits get blown out by my attempt to change course mid-Vortex. Remind me to ensure that doesn't happen again; it could lead to a Timing Malfunction. Still, repairing it would take too long; we can still move through space, though." Now lying underneath the console, fiddling with some exposed wiring, Seven's voice is somewhat muffled. "Would you happen to know where the vampires went, young lady? And Doctor, what incarnation are you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #127

Team Doctor

"My cousin Jacob said they were going to Gotham city but he imprinted upon the daughter of the youngest vampires. I don't know if he can be trusted anymore." The way Leah says "imprinted" one can tell that not only is seemingly something sexual but his choice of imprinting partner is rather taboo and disgusting.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

An unhealthy looking man makes his way towards the Iceberg lounge, one of the most upperclass clubs on Gotham. Several big, tight faced men in ill-fitting suits surrounded him, for the most part blocking him from view. The bouncer doesn't even think of stopping him as he gets a look at the mans face. The graveyards a full of people who tried to stop this man. Nor does he ring the cops, Oswald doesn't want to give them an excuse to look through his place.

The Joker removes his coat, handing it to one of the men, then strides into the back room and drops a briefcase on the table. "Ozzy! It's been forever. Lost a bit of weight, lost a bit of hair." He smiles, then leans over the table, steepling his fingers under his chin. "That's enough small talk, huh? I need a favor, Ozzy. And unless you say yes, I'm going to go out there and machinegun everybody." He removes an automatic rifle for emphasis, and places it on the table, pointing at Oswald Cobblepot, almost incidently. "I might anyway, but you know that as well as anyone." He winks, then laughs, a wheezing hack that goes on a bit longer then neccesary.
    "Not a cent passes through Gotham without your greasy flippers pawing over it, legitimate as you say you are. What's a bit of smuggling, we all have mouths to feed... or, beaks, in your case. Invest this for me. Make ten thousand into... say... fourty. For old times sake."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-05 at 06:35 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #129

Oswald looks particularly irrate at the Joker right now but none the less he takes the money. "You know I wouldn't do anything to cross you Joker but can you at least pretend to reconize this club as the legitament business it is and come in the back. You're going to bring Gordan and the Bat down on this place."

He scribbles some instructions on a napkin. He gives both the briefcase and the napkin. "I'll have you your money in a week or two. Now get out of here. There is some new blood I'm trying to win over."

The former Penguin points off in a far corner two a middle aged couple. "He says he's a Doctor but the word on the street is that they are some old breed of magical metahuman"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Ace looks at Leah shyly, unwilling to meet the other woman's eyes. Her usual confidence seems to have evaporated. "Sorry about your cousin," she manages to mumble out.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #131

"Thank you. Sorry about attacking me earlier you smelt like a wild cat and my inner wolf overcame me." Leah smiles slightly at Ace as she says this.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

"I got infected by a Cheetah virus a few months ago; it comes out if I don't control it. Sorry." Ace is also smiling, and the chair has moved slightly closer to Leah...

"Ace, could you pass me the neutron ram?" The Doctor has apparently gotten his head stuck in a console panel.

"Coming Professor. I...uh...I should go help him." The girl carefully walks towards the console, trying not to get too close to Leah.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Wednesday and Crane

Harman

The gun doesn't move. Shapeshifting in front of a man who is suspects you are a paranormal criminal is usually not a good course of action."This just proves that you are one of those freaks that took my daughter. So get your hands in the air or I will shoot."
    "Ah so it was your daughter they took. Then I will hide nothing, I came to kill them. One has already been disposed of, Emenete I believe it was. Don't bother looking, you'd never find the body. Might want to tell me where they are in Gotham, should you know. And tell me, have you ever fired a gun before? You are holding it quite loosly, and you shake too much. Yiou have a better chance hitting the ceiling light than you do me."

14. - Top - End - #134

Team Doctor

Leah nops understandingly "Perhaps I can help you get better control over it like I do with my wolf form?"

Harman

"I'll have you know I had top marks in marksmanship in the police academy. as the officer says this he holsters his gun.

"I'm afraid I don' know where they are in Gotham. If you stay here and wait I can probably talk Agent Wednesday into letting you take a look at some of the evidence they collected from the Cullen's old house."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

"That would be great!" Beaming, Ace looks ready to thank her but

"Ace! I think I'm stuck!"

Making her way over to the console, and following the Doctor's instructions, Ace easily manages to extract the Time Lord's head from his beloved TARDIS console. So easily in fact, that she knew he had been faking it.

Her Professor was talking quietly, so that Leah couldn't hear their conversation "Ace, you know that I will always support you, no matter what you do. I may reproach you for your decisions, but know that I still love you like a daughter. Be careful with your heart, Ace."

"I don't know what you're talking about Professor. Leah and I are just friends. Or we might be; it's a bit early to tell." Heading back to her seat, Ace sits back down, across from Leah.

"Sorry about that. You'd think that after over nine centuries of travelling in this thing, the Professor would figure out to how to get his head out from a panel." Still trying to fix the console, Seven has resorted to Emergency Procedure No. 1: hitting it and hoping it works. So far, it hasn't.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #136

If Leah had heard the Doctor she would have been terribly insulted. She really didn't mean anything like that at all but fortunately she didn't hear anything. "Prehaps it's best if we wait for the um Doctors to finish here before we try anything."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

"Depends. Come on Leah, this place has more than this room. There are gardens and wardrobes and the Professor swears that there's an arcade somewhere in here. Want to try to find it?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It is doubtful that they would leave any incrminating evidence for movers to find. The cleaner can acquire such information much easier."
    With that he departs the police station, and walks towards the car, but looks at a security camera first. The screen of the camera distorts a bit, and Garcian is there. He enters the car, begins to drive down the road out of town. The other vampire brat was not of main concern, besides, chances are it would try return to its family eventually.
    Garcian calls Chris on his cell phone and says,"Chris, they packed up and moved their operation to Gotham. Need some better contacts, try to find some in Gotham."

19. - Top - End - #139

Ace

"Umm sure. Nothing else better to do." Leah nods. "If it is alright with your Professor of course."

Harman

Gotham City one of the worst places to live and not much of a better place to visit. Unless one happens to be independently wealthy and able to reside in the small upper class areas. The area Harman was driving through was not one of those areas. Crime Alley as this district is called is home to some of Gotham's worst violent incidents including the death of billionare philanthropist and doctor Thomas Wayne and his wife almost forty years ago. Strangely on this night the streets of crime alley were full of an extraordinary number of garbage cans, three of which don't quite look like the others. So unlike the others in fact that Garcian actually seems to see them move out onto the road and block the path of his car and admit a strange sound that sounds oddly like the word "exterminate".

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garcian is not the one who steps out of the car, it is Mask again, thanks in part to another randomly placed security camera. This time he has both grenade launchers out, and shouts,"Might want to move out of the way pranksters, otherwise I'm going to kick your ass."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

And the pair was off, looking for a room filled with technology that for Leah would be over twenty years obsolete.

The console room now occupied only by the two Time Lords, Seven finishes his makeshift repairs (the alternative temporal capacitor still giving him trouble), and looks at his future incarnation. "I don't suppose you've heard anything about Gotham City, Doctor?" Inputting the coordinates for the city, and shifting the randomizer so that their exact location was unknown, Seven shifted a pair of levers, preparing to take off.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-05 at 10:34 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #142

Harman

The trash cans swivel around upon hearing Mask's voice. Upon closer inspection it seem quite evident that these are not trash cans at all. The key factor in this deduction is that they are all pointing things that look like dollar store toy ray guns at Mask.

"Exterminate" The middle not trash can fires a strange beam of energy towards Mask.

Ace

Leah looks at all the out of date technology. "It's pretty obvious your Professor has some stuff that is really advanced. Why does he keep all this old junk lying around?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday pulls up his car at the police station, then walks over to Charlie. "Good work, sergeant." He says. "Keep these detained as long as possible. I will be going to Gotham." He looks around, as though making certain the area is secure, then leans over conspiratorially. "May I speak to you privately for a second?" He asks, then walks into Charlie's office without waiting for an answer. When the police chief follows him, he sighs, switches of the security camera, then makes eye-contact and hypnotizes Charlie.
    Hypnotism has more in common with science then magic, simply relaxing an individual and planting hints from the hypnotists voice in the listeners subconscious, leaving their memory to fill in the rest.
    "Listen to me carefully." He says in an almost soothing voice. "I want you to identify these individuals, when you get to Crane, you will make several discoveries, which you will announce to all present. I want you to take Crane in your car, due to the danger of exposing him to more people then strictly necessary, with the intention of moving him to a facility better equipped to deal with a man like him, taking two other officers as an escort. If necessary, cite an example of him talking two police men into killing themselves. Midway to the station, you will lose control of your car and crash into a tree, hard enough to injure but not to do so grievously. When I snap my fingers you will remember nothing of this portion of the conversation, and if asked will have some vague memories of me asking you if you will be willing to act as a witness in my investigation." Wednesday sighs again, then snaps his fingers.
    "You're a good man, sergeant." He says gruffly. "Good hunting." With that he turns and makes his way to the carpark, flicking out the keys he uses to drive the car he's appropriated, then drives ahead of the policeman, turning onto the other side of the road.
    It's a stolen vehicle, important because it's a yellow Ferrari. The sort one of the Cullen's drives, with the numberplate altered to match. Nobody focuses on the details, preferring to construct a big picture from fragments.

The Joker laughs again. "Ozzy, if I came in the back way they'd know something was up, and that you had something to hide. No one cares what you do, citizen." He laughs again, his wheeze breaking halfway through. "don't suppose you need any entertainment for tonight? I didn't bring my resume, but an act like mine is always welcome, right Ozzy?" For a second, he seems almost serious, drinking in the penguin's horrified look, then smiles again.

"So, Metahumans?" He says, getting to his feet, and theatrically straightening his suit. "I might go meet them." With that, he turns on his heel and walks out, back into the atmosphere.

As he makes his way towards the door, he looks out for the couple Penguin mentioned.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-06 at 12:25 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #144

Wednesday and Crane

Officer Swan does as instructed. All the movers are placed in regular cells. Where as he takes Dr. Crane and puts him in the back of his own cruiser. All of Crane's weaponry and the more uncommon chemicals are placed in the trunk (you can't leave the super tech like that in the small town evidence locker now can you) and he starts to drive towards Gotham and one of the few places able to contain someone of Crane's stature Arkham Asylum. Along with his escort officers.

Joker

The Penguin stands up and slams his umbrella into the ground. This gesture seemingly gives him the presense of a much larger man. Or maybe it is the three armed bouncers that essemble behind him. "Don't even think about it clown. You've driven the Italian mafia, the Russian mafia, the Yakuza, the tongs, every organized crime syndicate out of town since you showed up. Making it hard for someone like me to business. I do favours for you as a token of respect from my costumed days but those days are over. I am not going to let you screw up any deals I can make with this new family."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mask rolls and dodges the laser, Mask does not like being shot at by anything, especially trash-cans with laser guns. He aims both grenade launchers and fires them at the Daleks.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The Joker raises one eyebrow. "Now, penguin, don't make me hurt you. I'd miss you. For one thing, you make me feel handsome." Joker sneers, his scars twisting with his lines to make a truly terrifying rictus. Theatrically dusting himself off, he picks up the gun with exaggerated care, keeping it pointed at Penguin.
    Then, with even more exaggerated care, he places it back in the bag, leaving himself seemingly defenseless.
    "Professional courtesy? Fine. I get that. We'll talk. That's all." Joker says, before turning on his heel and walking out of the room, seemingly not caring about the fact he's just exposed his back to Penguin or the goons.

((assuming nothing ontoward happens, and the impulse goes off without a hitch. If otherwise, post the relevant information.))
    Suddenly Charlie veers, as though dodging an animal, the car crashing into a tree with a scream of tortured metal and a popping sound, along with the tinkling snap of breaking glass. The engine gives off a pained whine, and starts spewing out smoke, while the fender crumples like a styrofoam cup.
    Charlie hit's his head on the dashboard, slumping forward painfully with a groan. The officer beside him slams headfirst into the windscreen, cracking it sharply. And the final officer, beside Crane, lets out a strangled yell as the seat in front slides forward with a jolt, twisting his leg past breaking point.
    Miraculously, Crane is unhurt. Ahead he can see a yellow car, waiting for something.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

"This stuff isn't junk; it's brilliant. And the Professor collects all sorts of things; he's got a whole room dedicated to Da Vinci. Even has the Mona Lisa (or one of them, anyway)."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Gotham? Weell, there's a planet Gothem somewhere in the Anstiller Nebula, but no, never even heard of the city. And that's pretty unusual, if I do say so myself. Oh, and I'm Ten. Yes, I think so. Hold on, let me check."

Once agin, the Doctor begins to count on his fingers, muttering to himself.

"Yup. Ten. Definately Ten."

Seeing The Professor about to take off, the Doctor lunged forward.

"No, wait! What about my TARDIS? I mean yeah, I know they're both the same, technically, but she'll get jealous if I go galivanting off in yours." The Doctor stared around the console room. "Not that it's not lovely or anything!" He added swiftly, as the air seemed to growl.

"But, I really can't just leave her behind. I mean, I'm only parked just outside. Plus, I seem to recall yours is a little more tempramental. I'd like to keep all my fingers, if that's OK with you. Tell you what, I'll just hop out here, pop over to my TARDIS, then we'll establish a trans-chrono link between the two. Basically, we'll land in Gotham the same distance apart we are now. Hopefully."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

"I'll set up the link now. Though now I am interested as to how your TARDIS looks now; even when we stuck with the basic interior, it still managed to change quite a bit. I hope you haven't changed it to the Leopard Skin, though. Rassilon had some odd tastes when we...they were designing these."

Pulling down slightly a large red lever marked "Do Not Pull," Seven nods. "Establishing link, on my end, Doctor. You'll need to head back to your TARDIS complete it, though."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll show you it when we get there. Five called it Coral, and I have to say, he wasn't far off. Anyway. Off I go. Allons-y! See you in Gotham, Professor!"

The Doctor hurried through the door of the TARDIS, and ran out of the Museum, his overcoat flying out behind him. Arriving at his own TARDIS, he quickly let himself in, and raced up to the console, flinging his coat over one of the supports on the way.

"Right. Formulating time stream co-ordinates. Porcessing destination co-ordinates. Now, just a little tweak aaand...chrono-link established!"

As the Doctor pulled a red lever very similar to the one in the Professor's TARDIS, an image of the Professor appeared on the console screen.

"Ha! That's the way to do it! All set, Professor?"