New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Hellbound

Aeris

Watching the group of infernals heading towards them Aeris brings an arrow out of his quiver and holds it loosely against his bow. "It appears that we have been noticed. Would you prefer to hold an attack against them in hopes of parley, attack now before they reach us or try and disappear?"

Spoiler
    Show

What spells are active on them?
    DangerAIM! username: dpitpg
    Bronze|Escape|Xavier|Night|Thieves|Horrors
    Order of the Spongebob by Thajocoth.
    Adventures of Bronze Squad Quote of the Week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk7915
    The one time I actually roll a crit, it's against a rope and I forget my confirm roll

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Big wolf has idea!" he said excittedly "I can climb wall over there, and find door from inside, then open" he smiles

"thats a terrible idea" his sword says directed at him and he hangs his head in sadness pouting.

"BIG WOLF HAS ANOTHER IDEA!" "I could give each of you boom boom stick and we could put them close together to make those people go boom boom" He grins to himself.
    Last edited by Complete_Sin; 2010-01-15 at 04:45 PM.
    Help my dragons!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

The group of assorted fiends hadn't seemed to notice your presence; they apparently were merely a routine patrol. However, Big Wolf's outburst alerted them to your presence; they are now closing in on your position. As they advance, you can differentiate between them; two of them are blue-scaled, with sharp claws, an impressive array of horns, and a pair of enormous bat-like wings, while the other pair are apparently female, with the bodies of serpents beneath a human-like torso.

Everybody: make 2 Will Saves

Aeris:
    Spoiler
    Show

the serpent-like ones both have unholy aura active on them
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-15 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Will saves:

(1d20+16)[27]
    (1d20+16)[17]
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh ****" Big wolf looks at the flowing bodys of the snake ladys.

(1d20+22)[26]
    (1d20+22)[27]

Init
    (1d20-2)[2]

As soon as big wolf get a chance for a swift action he activates his AMF...which he forgot to put up back there damn it.
    Last edited by Complete_Sin; 2010-01-15 at 10:25 PM.
    Help my dragons!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Will saves
    (1d20+31)[41]
    (1d20+31)[42]

Spellcraft check to identify the effect.
    (1d20+30)[45]

Aeris is immune to Fear & Compulsion effects. He also has Improved Mettle & Slippery Mind.

He's also got Spell Resistance 25, so if the effect is caused by a Spell or Spell Like Ability they need to beat his SR. Which they probably will, but they need to roll anyway.
    The one time I actually roll a crit, it's against a rope and I forget my confirm roll

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

oh ya an im immune to nonlethal damage, death effects, stunning, critical hits, negative levels, and ability damage.
    Help my dragons!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Kyyt groans.

If he doesn't learn to keep his voice down, I'm going to have to do something about it.

At least a plan quickly forms in Kyyt's mind. He leaps onto Immersa's back with a speed one may not expect from a mage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kyyt takes a free action "fast mount" if at all possible before they reach us (auto succeed) With the F&K Mounted Combat feat, Kyyt can redirect any spells at him to his mount and vice versa. In this case, he'd like to divert the spells to himself, but I'm guessing that since it's probably an extraordinary ability, it's not subject to this ability. Regular wills saves as follows:

Will save (Kyyt) - (1d20+32)[50]
    Will save (Kyyt) - (1d20+32)[44]
    Will save (Immersa) - (1d20+27)[31]
    Will save (Immersa) - (1d20+27)[36]

Taking a look at Kyyt's spells again, the recovery plan Kyyt suggested might not be the best idea. It's possible via Draconic Polymorph via a ring of spell storing to disguise four of us as them, but only for up to 18 minutes; not exactly ideal. It probably sounded like a much more brilliant idea to Kyyt at the time.

EDIT: Actually, the lack of a call for us to roll for initiative, and the fact that they haven't drawn weapons yet means they may not be immediately hostile. I'm removing Kyyt's previous statement which would have removed all possibility of negotiation. (previous plan was, if hostile, kill them and disguise us as them to get inside).
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2010-01-16 at 11:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    So, where does he get the rapier from? I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Elan owns two rapiers. His first rapier was stolen by Nale when he impersonated Elan. He got a second rapier from Julio Scoundrél as a gift. Then, he retrieved his original rapier when he defeated Nale and reclaimed all of his equipment.

HA!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

You immediately notice something off about the two horned fiends. As you look closer, you realize that the forms were merely illusions, covering...absolutely nothing.

((Will Saves were against the illusion))

And then you hear a creaking behind you. The real fiends were behind you. 60 feet behind you. Aeris notices dispel good as well as dispel chaos effects on the two. The serpent-like fiends teleport closer to you as well, the same distance away.

One of the serpent creatures opens her mouth, and speaks in a sibilant language.

For those of you who speak Abyssal
    Spoiler
    Show

"What business have you in this place?"

They have all drawn weapons, but they haven't initiated any hostile actions...yet.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Kyyt and Immersa follow the movements of the fiends as they draw near, and contemplate how best to respond to the situation. Kyyt can feel Immersa's muscles tighten underneath him. He knows that she would love to tear the fiends apart limb from limb, and is preparing to do just that; for the time being though, she waits in silent deferral to Kyyt.

[abyssal]Oh, we don't have business down here. At least, not yet. You might call this an appraisal of sorts; there may be an opportunity for us to do business just yet.

Kyyt takes what he hopes appears to be an unconcerned look around and back down at the fortress again before facing the speaker again.

We've heard rumors of the Lord of this encampment. Funny rumors about peace among fiends and demons, and an end to the blood war. Such a Lord, if successful, would command an army the size of which the multiverse has never seen. We feel that we can provide certain high-end services on behalf of this new Lord that will help his cause, if he's willing to talk.

Kyyt figures this may be the best way to end things without the risk of exposure, but he is unsure if being dragged before the new lord would be a good thing. It may give them a chance to strike...or he may be so well-guarded, it would be foolhardy to do so...and Big Wolf is among them. First thing's first though: they had to be convinced.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff Check - (1d20+36)[50]
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2010-01-16 at 02:13 PM. Reason: abyssal, not infernal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elan owns two rapiers. His first rapier was stolen by Nale when he impersonated Elan. He got a second rapier from Julio Scoundrél as a gift. Then, he retrieved his original rapier when he defeated Nale and reclaimed all of his equipment.

HA!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

They don't lower their weapons. The apparent leader seems to believe you, but her eyes flicker towards Immersa

abyssal
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is that a bronze dragon? A sacrifice for our Lord, I take it? Excellent; he enjoys such displays. Slay it for us; he is watching."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Aeris

As the fiends port themselves behind him Aeris turns slowly, bow and arrow held loosely in hand. Kyyt appears to be able to converse with these fiends. Good. Hopefully we may learn something.

Not understanding the words, Aeris focues his gaze on the fiends themselves, studying them under his blue gaze.

Spoiler
    Show

Using GAS to gaze each fiend, learning whether they have divine spellcaster, arcane spellcasting, or spell like abilities, and the level of the highest spell or spell like ability they each currently have to use. No save or noticeable effect from using ability, aside from blue eyes.

Senses
    Blindsight 60ft
    Tremorsense 120ft

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

((ooc: the horned ones have a 7th level SLA, but no divine/arcane casting. The serpents likewise, but they have a 8th level SLA))

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, your Lord can have her over my cold, dead body, you...

Kyyt lets his train of thought trail away as he struggles to keep him demeanor calm and composed. An increase in heart rate, which Kyyt has begun to feel, and a small shiver down the spine tells Kyyt that Immersa is having difficulty as well. Kyyt's eyes cannot tell from her demeanor whether she's filled with fear or rage; he has a pretty good guess on the subject, however. After ensuring that his voice will not betray him, Kyyt answers.

[abyssal]I am honored that your Lord considers us worth his attention. However, I humbly apologize, but I cannot grant your request. Had I known that I would be conversing with any loyal subjects to the new Lord, I would have, naturally, brought an appropriate tribute, but such is not the case. We were here today only to watch and survey, to marvel in your Lord's power, until your graced us with your presence most unexpectedly.

The dragon, however, is non-negotiable as tribute, I'm afraid.

Kyyt decides that perhaps it's time to seed his lie with a few innocent truths; such things strengthen the lie by adding credibility to it.

[abyssal]You see, I raised her from an egg, and have spent several hundred years with her. It has taken a very long time to condition her to her tasks. She has been well-trained and well-equipped for her purposes, and she has proven worth the investment to me in varied ways over the long years; finding a replacement would be nigh impossible. Good help is always hard to find. I must therefore beg your Lord's pardon; I'm sure you understand.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wish I could have posted soon; I feel terrible letting a death threat go unanswered for so long

EDIT: Bluff=38
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2010-01-16 at 08:43 PM. Reason: It would behoove me to proofread a few more times
    Spoiler
    Show

HA!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Big wolf looks at the creatures and pops a pill sized ball in his mouth [abyssal]"Hello, Im Big Wolf, Im Group Protecter" he smiles
    Help my dragons!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course," the serpentine demon says, switching to Common. "It makes far more sense now." Her tone is polite, and respectful. Her swords are sharp as she blurs into action, charging Big Wolf in a fearsome display of violence. Her companion follows likewise, charging at Immersa.

Behind you, the horned devils charge in as well, gliding in on bat-like wings, spiked chains whirling around to ensnare the legs of Kyyt and Aeris.

Spoiler
    Show

That was an unbelievable bluff. Evil creature investing time in a metallic dragon? Nope. And your web of enchantments is suppressed due to Big Wolf's AMF.

Begin Advanced Combat.

Initiative: Serpentine: (1d20+4)[22] Horned: (1d20+7)[9]

Surprise Round Attacks:

Against Big Wolf:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1:(1d20+20)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[32]

Attack 2:(1d20+15)[32]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[33]

Attack 3:(1d20+15)[16]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[31]

Attack 4:(1d20+15)[28]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[32]

Attack 5: (1d20+20)[32]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[28]

Attack 6: (1d20+20)[37]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[35]

Attack 7: (1d20+20)[34]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[31]

Attack 8: (1d20+20)[24]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[34]

Attack 9: (1d20+20)[24]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[28]

Attack 10: (1d20+20)[27]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[37]

Attack 11:(1d20+20)[40]
    Damage:(4d6+8)[25]

Against Immersa:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1:(1d20+20)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[35]

Attack 2:(1d20+15)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[34]

Attack 3:(1d20+15)[32]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[31]

Attack 4:(1d20+15)[19]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[28]

Attack 5: (1d20+20)[24]

Attack 6: (1d20+20)[33]

Attack 7: (1d20+20)[39]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[33]

Attack 8: (1d20+20)[33]

Attack 9: (1d20+20)[30]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[32]

Attack 10: (1d20+20)[30]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[30]

Attack 11:(1d20+20)[21]
    Damage:(4d6+8)[21]

Against Kyyt:
    Spoiler
    Show

Touch Attack:(1d20+25)[41]
    Trip Attempt:(1d20+26)[38] (DC against Kyyt is 10+ Kyyt'sSTR modifier or ranks in Balance)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+20)[31]
    Damage: (2d4+15)[23]

Against Aeris:
    Spoiler
    Show

Touch Attack:(1d20+25)[27]
    Trip Attempt:(1d20+26)[40] (DC against Aeris is 10+ Aeris's STR modifier or ranks in Balance)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+20)[36]
    Damage: (2d4+15)[23]

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Kyyt doesn't know how much farther he can carry the deception. Sooner or later, he's going to run out of excuses, or they're going to be dragged before the new lord, or the deception will be found out.

When the fiends strike, Kyyt is taken completely by surprise. A flash of whirling blades erupts beneath him, and he reacts quickly to steer Immersa out of harm's way. His lack of attention costs him, however, as he is pulled forcefully from his perch atop her back and a spiked chain slams into him, sending him reeling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, what can I say? Killing her was rather out of the question, and a simply divination spell would have easily revealed that she's not under any kind of mind control; a "reformed" dragon was the only mundane explanation that made even an iota of sense to my mind (which ought to tell you that I was out of ideas in the first place Looks like we're doing this the hard way.

In the future, I'm open to ideas from all parties; just because I'm the only one who can speak the language does not mean I should be the only one thinking. Experience has proven that doesn't always work the best

Kyyt Initiative - (1d20+5)[9]
    Immersa Intiative - (1d20+2)[13]

For ease of combat, the one with the higher initiative will delay to the initiative of the lower.

All attacks miss Immersa save one. Kyyt will attempt a ride check as per the mounted combat feat to negate it (he needs to hit 40 or above to negate):

Ride Check to negate hit - (1d20+33)[45]

For Kyyt: As a no action, he will auto-succeed a ride check to use Immersa as cover for a +4 bonus to AC. He is still hit by the first attack, however, and must deal with a trip attack. As per the rules for tripping a mounted combatant, Kyyt must counter with a Ride check or be torn from his mount. I shall do so; if, because of some special ability or modifier, this is not the case, let me know and I will gladly change it.

Ride Check to resist Trip - (1d20+33)[36]

Edit: Still unsure about your listed DCs, but by my calculations, that ride check will cost Kyyt his seat. If I may ask, where is he pulled to? The 10' radius from Big Wolf's AMF just barely reached Kyyt while he was in the saddle, assuming Big Wolf was right next to him. If he gets pulled out of the AMF, the second attack will still miss due to buffs.

As Kyyt has an AC of 31 (unbuffed from spells), the second attack will hit him if he is pulled from his mount. However, if he is not pulled from his mount, he will still gain the cover bonus from his ride check, and so the attack will miss him. Again, let me know if the devil ignores cover or some other exploit that allows him to hit.

IC reactions to be edited in as soon as possible, once rolls are calculated.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2010-01-17 at 04:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

HA!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Big wolf opens his eyes wide as the creature strikes at him hitting him 3 times(55 damage after DR).(so they charge threw 15 i can hit them, yet i cant because its a surprise round? GEH!)

Spoiler
    Show
    ya everything that was cast on me before i activated my AMF still works.

FML Im have to go last :'(
    Last edited by Complete_Sin; 2010-01-17 at 05:58 PM.
    Help my dragons!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it was a good try. Zala thinks as the fiends strike at her companions. She whispers a few words as she prepares for combat. "Freeze and burn." Four of the daggers in various pockets in her armor and cloak begin to glow blue, and four others glow yellow.

Initiative
    (1d20+13)[31]
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2010-01-17 at 05:58 PM.
    Morning Star

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Zala takes aim at the winged demon that snared Kyyt, pulls two of her knives out from a pocket in her sleeve and barely flicks her wrist, sending the two flying into the demon - or did she?

Spoiler
    Show

Sneaky Shot attempt, to deny it its dex to AC:
    My sleight of hand roll: (1d20+32)[36] vs. its Spot

After trying to make the demon flinch, she pulls out - in quite quick succession - two daggers in each hand, out of various hidden or obvious pockets and flings them into the winged demon.

((And now the attack...I really hope this is right.))

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack rolls

(1d20+29)[36] for (1d3+20)[21] plus (1d3+20)[22] plus (2d6)[7] cold plus (6d6)[23] sneak attack
    (1d20+29)[49] for (1d3+20)[23] plus (1d3+20)[22] plus (2d6)[10] cold
    (1d20+29)[33] for (1d3+20)[22] plus (1d3+20)[23] plus (2d6)[10] shock
    (1d20+29)[38] for (1d3+20)[23] plus (1d3+20)[23] plus (2d6)[7] shock
    (1d20+29)[43] for (1d3+20)[23] plus (1d3+20)[22] plus (2d6)[8] shock
    (1d20+29)[30] for (1d3+20)[22] plus (1d3+20)[22] plus (2d6)[6] shock
    (1d20+29)[30] for (1d3+20)[21] plus (1d3+20)[21] (plus (4d6)[15] if it's evil)
    (1d20+29)[44] for (1d3+20)[21] plus (1d3+20)[22] (plus (4d6)[14] if it's evil)

Critical threats

(1d20+29)[47] for (6d3+120)[127] plus (3d10)[20] cold
    (1d20+29)[41] for (6d3+120)[132] plus (3d10)[12] cold
    (1d20+29)[31] for (6d3+120)[134] plus (3d10)[10] shock
    (1d20+29)[43] for (6d3+120)[133] plus (3d10)[19] shock
    (1d20+29)[38] for (6d3+120)[132] plus (3d10)[13] shock
    (1d20+29)[30] for (6d3+120)[131] plus (3d10)[19] shock
    (1d20+29)[31] for (6d3+120)[131]
    (1d20+29)[38] for (6d3+120)[129]
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2010-01-17 at 08:47 PM.
    Morning Star

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

As the knives fly towards the devil, he uncannily reacts to the attempted sneak attack, although he is still hit by...well, every single shot. The demon ends up looking like a badly-worn pincushion, falling down to the red soil. The corpse is consumed by an odd flickering flame that leaves nothing but ashes.

(1d20+22)[42]
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-17 at 08:52 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Hissing in anger at the death of one of its allies, one of the serpentine demons winds herself around Big Wolf.

Grab On-type grapple:
    No AoO due to Improved Grapple feat.
    Grapple Check to Climb On: (1d20+25)[38] DC of 26.
    Grapple Check to Constrict: (1d20+25)[27] same DC
    Damage:(4d6+13)[22]
    Make a DC 27 Fort save, or fall unconscious.

Immersa is still in the AMF, though her demon isn't. The demon attacks the dragon once more, expertly wielding six blades.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1:(1d20+20)[35]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[30]

Attack 2:(1d20+15)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[36]

Attack 3:(1d20+15)[30]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[29]

Attack 4:(1d20+15)[32]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[34]

Attack 5: (1d20+20)[35]

Attack 6: (1d20+20)[25]

Attack 7: (1d20+20)[34]
    Damage:(2d6+25)[37]

Attack 8: (1d20+20)[36]

Attack 9: (1d20+20)[26]

Attack 10: (1d20+20)[38]

Attack 11:(1d20+20)[23]
    Damage:(4d6+8)[22]

Aeris's Turn
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-17 at 09:13 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

What about displacement.
    Help my dragons!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Aeris

Finding himself on the ground Aeris watches the fiend crumble from Zala's knives. Good. These fiends aren't that powerful. Speaking the command word Aeris cloak transforms into angelic wings that lift him off the ground. He floats in the air, bow ready.

Spoiler
    Show

Activate Wings of Flying, stand up. He's floating about an inch off the ground. If he provokes AoO for movement that's fine. I'm pretty sure you can't trip flying creatures.

Aeris
    AC 45 (ranged AC 50)
    Touch 27 (ranged touch 32)
    HP 180/180

Senses
    Blindsight 60ft
    Tremorsense 120ft

Spell Effects
    Displacement
    Haste
    Energy Immunity: All

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

When Aeris attempt to pick himself up, the devil uses the opportunity to attack once more with his chain

Attack Roll: (1d20+20)[28]
    Damage: (2d4+15)[19]

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Then, looking around, the horned devil realizes that the tide of the battle is turning. Flinging himself into the air, he moves out of the AMF, and immediately teleports back to the gates of the compound, obviously about to raise the alarm.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-17 at 10:10 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

That would be 2 AMFs, my reach is 15 feet. Plus extra from feats.

Taking 10 on all attacks. So 49 49 49 49 49.
    Damage
    (3d8)[16] plus (3d10)[14] plus (3d6)[7] plus (10d6+36)[71]
    (3d8)[21] plus (3d10)[22] plus (3d6)[13] plus (10d6+36)[69]
    (3d8)[8] plus (3d10)[13] plus (3d6)[11] plus (10d6+36)[80]
    (3d8)[13] plus (3d10)[15] plus (3d6)[12] plus (10d6+36)[67]
    (3d8)[10] plus (3d10)[15] plus (3d6)[13] plus (10d6+36)[81]
    I provoke an AoO

The devil must make a fort save Dc 30 or be stunned.

He/she must also make five fort saves DC 36 or be dazed.

total damage
    Last edited by Complete_Sin; 2010-01-17 at 10:34 PM.
    Help my dragons!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Kyyt easily identifies what the horned devil is trying to do. A greater teleport will not be able to take it back inside the fortress, but it can fly through quite fine as soon as it's finished. If it succeeds, it will raise the alarm, and cause legions of demons and devils to bear down upon their location; that simply can't be allowed to happen.

Immersa, follow the horned one!

Is that really--

Trust me.

Kyyt points his finger at the horned devil who is attempting to escape.

Not today you don't... Kyyt grumbles.

He activates the power of his Ring of Spell Battle to seize control of the threads of magic being woven by the devil. Kyyt pulls on those threads. Hard. The devil disappears for an instant, and Immersa dissapears with it, riding along the same magic. An instant later, the devil appears where Immersa was, inside Big Wolf's antimagic field, and Immersa appears next to him just outside the field, so that she is now adjacent to both the serpent-devil and the horned devil.

Immersa is quick to take assessment of the situation, especially now that her Kyyt-granted blindsight has begun to kick in since she's left the antimagic field.

So much for "peace." Let's talk about sacrifices then, shall we?

Kyyt weaves a small spell of his own that will allow him to see a short distance into the future. His eyes glow yellow as the magic takes hold. He runs to Immersa's new position and very quickly climbs back onto her, at which point Immersa turns her fury loose on the devils closest to her, clawing, biting, and slamming into them with righteous draconic fury. Her ruthless assault leaves her open to attack, but a quick Wings of Cover protect her from harm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kyyt activates his Ring of Spell Battle on the Horned Devil, allowing him to change to target of the spell to any point within 60'. He chooses the spot where Immersa was. The teleport goes off, and Immersa chooses to travel with it via her Mage Slayer feat. She arrives off to the side next to the serpentine demon that attacked her, and the horned demon appears where she used to be, inside the AMF; both are now in range of all her melee attacks.

Kyyt's turn comes up, and he casts Eyes of the Oracle (6th level spell). It grants him a few minor insight bonuses, and allows him to ready an action each round as a free action; using the readied action ends the spell. For this round, he chooses to ready a dispel action. He then moves to Immersa's position and auto-succeeds on a fast mount (free action).

Immersa's turn then comes up. She uses a full attack action on the horned devil. If it dies in the process, any extra attacks are directed at the serpentine demon.

Bite Attack 1: (1d20+39)[52]
    Damage: (2d8+41)[44]

Bite Attack 2: (1d20+37)[47]
    Damage: (2d8+41)[45]

Bite Attack 3: (1d20+37)[42]
    Damage: (2d8+41)[49]

Bite Attack 4: (1d20+37)[46]
    Damage: (2d8+41)[53]

Bite Attack 5: (1d20+37)[51]
    Damage: (2d8+41)[49]

Claw Attack 1: (1d20+39)[50]
    Damage: (1d8+36)[37]

Claw Attack 2: (1d20+39)[51]
    Damage: (1d8+36)[40]

Claw Attack 3: (rapidstrike): (1d20+39)[57]
    Damage: (1d8+36)[44]

Wing Attack 1: (1d20+39)[45]
    Damage: (1d6+36)[41]

Wing Attack 2: (1d20+39)[41]
    Damage: (1d6+36)[42]

Tail Slap Attack 1: (1d20+39)[48]
    Damage: (1d8+47)[49]

Attack rolls are all touch attacks, they bypass combat expertise bonuses, and ignore deflection bonuses. Each attack that hits also deals 1 constitution damage. All attacks bypass any and all resistances.

She provokes an AoO, but she will use her own spellcasting to cast Wings of Cover on herself, effectively negating the AoO.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2010-01-17 at 11:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

HA!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

After the dragon's fierce attack, the two are little more than scraps of foul-tasting meat. The only member of the patrol remaining is the leader, currently coiled around Big Wolf.

Big Wolf's Turn

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

My grapple mod is +44 so i dont need to roll for those, since its auto win.

Big wolf whips his arms up and starts swinging his swords with great prowess. More experience then youd expect from someone so...Mentally unstable.
    "DIE!!!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My attack
    +39/+37/+37/+37/+39/+39/+37/+37/+37/+39/+39

Im taking 10 on all those

And i really hope your not gonna make me roll damage, because if you saw my last attack...well. Im gonna atleast double that damage. If you do want me to roll damage, tell me and ill roll it in the OOC thread
    Help my dragons!