New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    My dog died today. I miss him.
    *hugs you tightly* You want to talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Except she's going to have to if they want to keep Tiasal safe. It going to really hurt V to have to do.
    I can see her chafing under the requirement much more than Redcloak does. She's not made to be subservient, but hopefully, her experiences have taught her enough humility to realize that she's going to have to keep her mouth firmly shut for once.

Could work, although she'd probably need an Endure Elements spell too; hypothermia can kick in very quickly. Actually, Xykon could probably just teach her that spell and make sure she's cast it on herself; it's only a level 1 spell. Maybe he could even send her out onto the lake under the pretense that he's getting her to test the spell.
    Hopefully, Tiasal never finds out that he withheld the little 'By the way, I'm going to simulate you drowning' tidbit from her. She'd be piiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssed...

It would possibly work with the frozen lake scenario if Tiasal was far out enough. If the ice is thin enough to crack under the her weight, it's not going to support V either if she isn't careful. If Vaarsuvius runs out onto the ice and falls through Xykon can just fish her out again; V is then soaking wet and freezing, and Tia is still trapped.
    What could Xykon do to make sure that Vaarsuvius doesn't just try to barrel ahead anyway? I could see her diving into sub-zero water and somehow convincing herself that she could get her daughter back to the hole she made by jumping in before either of them died of shock or drowning. I don't see her being too successful.

The other possibility is of having something attack Tia - (something which has actually been put under a Charm Monster spell and told not to kill). In that situation, a V without any spells is a V completely unable to help.
    She'd probably have more common sense in that situation--she does place all her self-worth on arcane magic, after all (though I think that all this development has been able to convince her that there is power outside of magic)--but Xykon still can't guarantee that Vaarsuvius won't throw caution to the wind and just try to snatch Tiasal and run from the monster/just try to put herself in between her daughter and the creature and hope that she's got enough HP to distract it while Tiasal runs. And it would compromise Tiasal if she saw that her mother (or her father, for that matter) was willing to sacrifice herself for her sake.

The significance would take a while to sink in (and she's going to be more concerned with making sure Tia is okay right then).
    That's an interesting image. How would Vaarsuvius dote? Would she stay aloof the whole time ("Are you damaged?" "Who are you?" "Are you damaged?" "...") or would she actually look worried and be touching Tiasal and checking her out? I don't really consider the scene V had when asking if her children's wounds were fatal to be a good example of how she would react, considering the circumstances of that time and the circumstances of this time.

But when it does... well, you were asking what might make V cry, and I think that this would be one of those things. Probably not while Xykon and Tiasal are there, but later when she's talking to Reddy.
    Definitely not when Xykon or Tiasal were there. She hates Xykon and wouldn't be able to stand the thought of her daughter seeing her 'weak.' Redcloak has seen her cry before, so she wouldn't be as embarrassed to do it around him.

But I can't see Reddy being impassive if Vaarsuvius broke down in his arms over what's going on.

The silver lining is that - if they're still alive and they ever see each other again - V might realize how aloof she was, and make more of an effort to show that she cares for them.
    I'm not sure how she and her sons would interact when they got together again. The last time they saw her fifteen years ago... well, they probably repressed the memories. And since then, they heard that she slept with some goblin brute while married to their poor Parent and got pregnant, then died and dumped the bastard child on Aarindarius and the Order. They'd probably direct all their anger on Reddy, but they can't exactly forget all that.

*hands over some trail rations* You're going to be here a while.
    I iz prolific! :D

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I...I...
    THEY'RE GONNA KICK ME OUT OF THE PHYSICS CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!
    They're gonna kick me out because THEY DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH ME ANYMORE!
    Wait, what is this?

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    What could Xykon do to make sure that Vaarsuvius doesn't just try to barrel ahead anyway?
    Grab her? He's probably stronger than her, even if she gets Berserk Mom Strength. And the fun thing about being grappled is - no spellcasting. Or does he have telekinesis? Or just say "If you barrel ahead I'll kill you both."

Sorry about your dog.

I...I...
    WHAT? Can they do that? I mean, if you haven't ritually sacrificed their dogs or something? (You haven't, have you?)

Ok. Calm down a mite. Who is going to kick you out? Who said this? Is it a credible source? Or could someone be pulling your leg for bullying purposes?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-04 at 03:57 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

I...I...
    Don't back down about this. There has to be some way you can stay on the class; talk to your teachers, maybe get extra tuition if possible or if you're not already.

Have they actually told you you're out of the class, or are they only trying to threaten you?

And if you are kicked out, is there any way you could catch up and take the exam elswhere if the school wont let you?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-04 at 04:06 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    WHAT? Can they do that? I mean, if you haven't ritually sacrificed their dogs or something? (You haven't, have you?)

Ok. Calm down a mite. Who is going to kick you out? Who said this? Is it a credible source? Or could someone be pulling your leg for bullying purposes?
    The principal and guidance counselor said that they're kicking me out of the physics class.

Why? I freak out a lot in that class. Tuesday I had a breakdown because I couldn't finish a test...BECAUSE MY CALCULATOR BROKE.

So now they're kicking me out of the class because they just don't want to deal with me anymore. They'd rather throw up their hands and quit rather than help me.

I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE. MY ENTIRE GODDAMM LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard! It's really, really hard! I've been trying my life and I've gotten better but now, HALFWAY THROUGH MY JUNIOR YEAR, they throw up their hands and quit!

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

The principal and guidance counselor said that they're kicking me out of the physics class.

Why? I freak out a lot in that class. Tuesday I had a breakdown because I couldn't finish a test...BECAUSE MY CALCULATOR BROKE.

So now they're kicking me out of the class because they just don't want to deal with me anymore. They'd rather throw up their hands and quit rather than help me.

I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE. MY ENTIRE GODDAMM LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard! It's really, really hard! I've been trying my life and I've gotten better but now, HALFWAY THROUGH MY JUNIOR YEAR, they throw up their hands and quit!
    What Zanaril said. I'm going to snoop around on other forums and see if there's any legal options. Don't worry, we won't abandon you. I'll stay online until you say you feel a little better. I have nothing to do until 3 AM (your time) anyway.

But, the facts. You have ADHD which you have medication for. And you are in Junior High, where you take Physics AB. And your ADHD is the reason they're kicking you out of class. Is this correct?

Remember, I know nothing about how your system works. Will this be a permanent black mark on your record? Or does it mean that you get out of a class you hate, no harm no foul? It's never fun to be told "we don't want you" but sometimes it's better to think of it as "and I don't want you either."

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #1356

What Zanaril said. I'm going to snoop around on other forums and see if there's any legal options. Don't worry, we won't abandon you. I'll stay online until you say you feel a little better. I have nothing to do until 3 AM (your time) anyway.

But, the facts. You have ADHD which you have medication for. And you are in Junior High, where you take Physics AB. And your ADHD is the reason they're kicking you out of class. Is this correct?

Remember, I know nothing about how your system works. Will this be a permanent black mark on your record? Or does it mean that you get out of a class you hate, no harm no foul? It's never fun to be told "we don't want you" but sometimes it's better to think of it as "and I don't want you either."
    I'm a junior IN high school. I'll be going to college in a year and a half.

Complications stemming from ADHD, yes.

It's likely that it will be.

But the biggest black mark is going to be on ME.

Thanks, Asta. My parents and I are meeting with them tomorrow to argue my case. And both my parents are lawyers.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

It's hard to offer advice not knowing how the education system where you live works. Are they making you drop the class due to low grades, or due to the breakdowns? If it's the latter, someone's not doing their job.

I know it's hard, but breaking down doesn't help. I'm not blaming you - I stormed out of my Stats class yesterday, moped around for an hour and threatened to push someone down some stairs - but if you're in that state in the first place they should be helping you with the underlying issues, not forcing you out of the class.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-04 at 04:20 PM.
    DeviantArt

8. - Top - End - #1358

It's hard to offer advice not knowing how the education system where you live works. Are they making you drop the class due to low grades, or due to the breakdowns? If it's the latter, someone's not doing their job.

I know it's hard, but breaking down doesn't help. I'm not blaming you - I stormed out of my Stats class yesterday, moped around for an hour and threatened to push someone down some stairs - but if you're in that state in the first place they should be helping you with the underlying issues, not forcing you out of the class.
    It's the breakdowns. I've been dealing with them my entire life. I've been getting better, but sometimes I just watch myself go to pieces and can't do anything about it.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    I'm going out on a limb with this one, with a crack fic set in a different world but probably familiar to most.

Spoiler
    Show
    The rain pattered on the wooden roof, the darkening sky contrasting his mood perfectly. Not that he had much room in his heart for art or metaphor; that sort of useless crap was dreamed up by hippies who spent their days picking flowers and listening to folk music, when instead they should be pushing up daisies and being bawled out by their commanding officers.
    Bodies and parts of bodies littered the ground around him, worthless maggots not fit to point a rifle in his face. He had slaughtered them all, except for him and that cyclopean bastard's life was getting shorter by the second....
    A change in the drumming of the rain caused him to spin round and there was his nemesis, the traitor that laughed at him behind his back, who told shameless lies about his heroics in Europe, the son of a ♥♥♥♥♥ that was even now staring down two feet of rocket propelling death. Time slowed down to a crawl as the two of them watched each other for what seemed like an eternity.

“Ye're outta ammo.”

“As are you, you scotch-swilling TRAITOR!”

“Ye're callin' me a traitor? YOU sold me out for a weapon, ye worthless gob♥♥♥♥e!”

With a beserker yell, he pulled out his shovel and charged. Instinctively, his foe grabbed for the ever-present bottle of scotch that hung from his toolbelt and swung. As per dramatic convention, a sheet of lightning ripped open the sky and thunder roared through the open buildings of the sawmill. He ducked under the bottle and drove his fist into the Demoman's stomach. The traitor fell backwards and slammed into the wall behind, watching the shovel rise above his head.
    A blur of movement and sharp crack sent him reeling and the smell of scotch filled the air around him.

“Ye bastard, that were a bottle of 1807's finest! I'LL KILL YOU!”

“I'd like to see you try, you Scottish pansy!”

The two of them leapt at each other's throats, the rain pouring down on them. Weapons had been discarded, each wanting the satisfaction of killing the other with their bare hands. A flurry of punches knocked both of them to the ground. He pulled himself up, waiting for the Demoman to finish him off while he was vunerable, when laughter broke through the falling rain.

“What's so damn funny?!” he asked.

“I cannae remember the last time I had a decent fight like this.”

“I remember. A night on the town, then I smacked you through a shop window, then the SWAT team turned up...”

By now the Demoman had collapsed on the floor, laughing himself silly. Even he felt a smile creep to his lips. “Good times.” He frowned as another memory played in his head. “....and then that strange woman turned up...”

The Demoman stopped laughing. “A coupla months ago?”

“Yeah...”

“'Twere her funny assistant that turned up at my door, sayin' all manner o' bad stuff aboot ye...”

A relatively unused part of his brain offered an intruiging idea. “We've been had.”

“Ye werrrre mah best friend. And ye still are.”

As the Demoman reached to help him up, he slipped and fell on top of him. He could feel the warm, scotch tainted breath blowing on his face. They slowly leant towards each other and their lips began to touch....

“MISS HARDING!”

The Administrator's assistant burst through the door and she looked from the monitor screen to her supervisor's horror-stricken face.

“What are they DOING?! Have they become....friends....again?”

“Well,” she said, slowly moving towards the exit, “you could put it like that.....”

After posting this story on its home forum, I recieved the following:

{quote}
    How does that relate to the OotS Crack Pairing thread?

And if by home forum you mean the Steam forums... don't take it too hard. The people there are jackasses from what I've seen.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

But the biggest black mark is going to be on ME.
    And the worst damage there is already done. Sad, but true. So we'll just have to patch you up.

Thanks, Asta. My parents and I are meeting with them tomorrow to argue my case. And both my parents are lawyers.
    Is it any use me looking around? I was going to ask if anyone knew the legal situation...

Don't worry - we're friends. It's going to take a lot more than the prospect of a sleepless night to make me abandon my friends.

Edit: I strongly suggest we take this conversation to a thread in friendly banter. Coffee, will you start it or shall I?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-04 at 04:38 PM.

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1361

Is it any use me looking around? I was going to ask if anyone knew the legal situation...

Don't worry - we're friends. It's going to take a lot more than the prospect of a sleepless night to make me abandon friends.
    Thanks. But you really should get some rest.

However...I may know someone who could help me out here...

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. But you really should get some rest.

However...I may know someone who could help me out here...
    No worry yet, it's only 11 PM. But we should move this to Friendly Banter if we're going to continue.

― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #1363

No worry yet, it's only 11 PM. But we should move this to Friendly Banter if we're going to continue.
    Okay. Or PMs.

Thanks.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. Or PMs.

Thanks.
    I thought about PMs, but if the discussion goes on for long it will clog up our inboxes. And since this is neither religious or political in nature (or graphically sexual), it should be OK. You start the thread and tell us here.

― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #1365

Here we go. Thanks.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully, Tiasal never finds out that he withheld the little 'By the way, I'm going to simulate you drowning' tidbit from her. She'd be piiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssed...
    If it weren't so potentially dangerous for her, it would be amusing to see her figure out what he'd done and get angry at him.

I don't see her being too successful.
    In which case we return to the original scenario of Xykon holding her back and telling her to stop being stupid? (For the best effect, after V first tries jumping in.)

And it would compromise Tiasal if she saw that her mother (or her father, for that matter) was willing to sacrifice herself for her sake.
    Maybe if Tiasal was unconscious, then? I don't know, I'm all out of ideas.

That's an interesting image. How would Vaarsuvius dote? Would she stay aloof the whole time ("Are you damaged?" "Who are you?" "Are you damaged?" "...") or would she actually look worried and be touching Tiasal and checking her out? I don't really consider the scene V had when asking if her children's wounds were fatal to be a good example of how she would react, considering the circumstances of that time and the circumstances of this time.
    Aloof, I think. She might want to dote a bit more (and might hug Tiasal for a moment or something while she's still panicked), but once she got a hold of herself she'd be too afraid/nervous/whatever to show that much affection.

But I can't see Reddy being impassive if Vaarsuvius broke down in his arms over what's going on.
    Yeah, how would Reddy even start to reassure her in this situation? As far as he can see it's hopeless, and besides, he doesn't want to encourage her to be rebellious.

They'd probably direct all their anger on Reddy, but they can't exactly forget all that.
    Hence why it would be V trying to rebuild those broken bridges. And sadly, they'd probably be too disapointed that Tia and Reddy made it out alive (if they do ) to be forgiving of V.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-04 at 05:04 PM.
    DeviantArt

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny View Post
    DStP spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elan: Welcome to Chateau Elán.
    Hinjo: Elan, what are you doing?
    Elan: Why, providing an intimate dinner for two. I know things didn’t work out between you and Lien but that’s before we realised there was another paladin for you to repopulate the species with.
    Hinjo: But... me and O-Chul?
    O-Chul: You don’t know much about human reproduction, I take it.
    Elan: I think it has something to do with giant bees.
    Hinjo: Ok. Glossing over the fact that we’re both guys, I'm pretty sure I already told you that a relationship with a member of the Sapphire Guard would be a serious breach of protocol.
    O-Chul: And as it happens, I already have a boyfriend.
    Elan: You do?
    Hinjo: R-really?
    O-Chul: Sure. And with all due respect, I prefer men who are a little more muscular than Lord Hinjo.
    Hinjo: Uh... there you go then. We’re not compatible and... apparently O-Chul is already taken.
    O-Chul: If I may take my leave now, Lord Hinjo, I happen to have a date with Monster-san arranged for tonight.
    Hinjo: Uh, sure, sure. Go ahead.
    Elan: Don’t worry, Hinjo. The third time’s the charm. I bet Thanh will be all over you.
    Hinjo: *sigh* We really need to have a talk one of these days.
    Ahahahahaha!

That was good!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Kind of like how you are an "outside influence" to Coffee's comic.
    Yes. Exactly.

Wow! Sorry to hear about that Coffee. And who are you talking about that can help?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

smile Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

I went through and looked at things.
    MikoTsukiko by Malkar Grumble. Could be better, but the pairing will make me love you forever. And then some.

RedcloakTsukiko by Meg. <3 <3 <3 WIN.

TsukikoXykon by NemoUtopia. Love it. XD

...first RedcloakV. I have a new deity. Time to get out the clerical rulebook, cause my miracle list just got bigger.
    The oneshot. Putting more XP in that worship.
    Bridge Across the Stars. Do you have a clerical symbol i can use?
    Dumped on the Rooster. AU? I'm too confused to assert further clerical-ness. XD
    ...Wait, you wrote the Belkar/V fics with the latin names that are on FF? I may read them then. XD
    Tragedy of Hypnos. Ok, back to the worship. XD
    Pasithea's Messenger. uh. Wow. (Bows down) What is your will, great lord/lady of the AU?
    (Lady, i'm guessing. Goddess of AU. XD)

Well, that's all. Phwew. HOW much time have i spent? DXD
    Wait, did i get them all? I read every ReddyV thing that was on the first page, but you're all discussing Ice and liveV and i think i missed something. DXD Last one was on DA?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1369

Here we go. Thanks.
    Then I shall go there with my advice. Once I think of some.

In which case we return to the original scenario of Xykon holding her back and telling her to stop being stupid? (For the best effect, after V first tries jumping in.)
    You know the interesting thing? I can actually see Xykon realizing that Redcloak's feelings are genuine just by seeing Vaarsuvius have the gall to do all of this. After all, the closest thing to love Xykon can feel is respect (and that's not that close), and he doesn't respect Redcloak for being spineless. But if he saw that Vaarsuvius had the potential to be courageous and bull-headed (and a lot like him, in a creepy way...), even when faced with those odds, he would be able to understand how Redcloak can emotionally gravitate towards her.

Huh. That was a weird tangent.

Aloof, I think. She might want to dote a bit more (and might hug Tiasal for a moment or something while she's still panicked), but once she got a hod of herself she'd be too afraid/nervous/whatever to show that much affection.
    Redcloak's going to have a tough time of getting his wife to bond with their daughter, isn't he?

Yeah, how would Reddy even start to reassure her in this situation? As far as he can see it's hopeless, and besides, he doesn't want to encourage her to be rebellious.
    Maybe seeing Vaarsuvius lose hope would give him the impetus to seriously work on a way to get out, even with the threat against Tiasal hanging over their head. He does love her, and even for someone who didn't particularly like Vaarsuvius, seeing someone like that become hopeless is jarring, and he knows that he has a much better grasp over subtlety and subterfuge than V--he has a chance of actually pulling the wool over Xykon.

Hence why it would be V trying to rebuild those broken bridges. And sadly, they'd probably be too disapointed that Tia and Reddy made it out alive (if they do ) to be forgiving of V.
    Inkyrius would help. Kyrie's delicate and damaged after the whole ordeal, yeah, but s/he understood the situation better than the kids. When they had last parted, the marriage was already over in every sense but legally, so the affair was only an affair by technicality. And after all this time, and after a little time spent with Redcloak, s/he would be able to see how Red was good for Vaarsuvius in a way that s/he couldn't have hoped to be. It'd be painful and the anti-anxiety meds would probably need to be upped, but I could easily see hir trying to get the kids to reconnect with their Other Parent, their sister, and then (maybe) their step-dad. (I can see Redcloak a little tentative about that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...first RedcloakV. I have a new deity. Time to get out the clerical rulebook, cause my miracle list just got bigger.
    The oneshot. Putting more XP in that worship.
    Bridge Across the Stars. Do you have a clerical symbol i can use?
    Dumped on the Rooster. AU? I'm too confused to assert further clerical-ness. XD
    ...Wait, you wrote the Belkar/V fics with the latin names that are on FF? I may read them then. XD
    Tragedy of Hypnos. Ok, back to the worship. XD
    Pasithea's Messenger. uh. Wow. (Bows down) What is your will, great lord/lady of the AU?
    (Lady, i'm guessing. Goddess of AU. XD)
    *blushes shyly* Thanks.

Well, that's all. Phwew. HOW much time have i spent? DXD
    Wait, did i get them all? I read every ReddyV thing that was on the first page, but you're all discussing Ice and liveV and i think i missed something. DXD Last one was on DA?
    There is a story on DA, yeah, but it's inappropriate for the forums. If you want to find it, PM me and I'll give you the link.
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-02-04 at 05:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Redcloak's going to have a tough time of getting his wife to bond with their daughter, isn't he?
    That which does not kill her will make her stronger. Besides, adversity is the fuel of stories. If there was no adversity, what would there be to write about.

― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

What is it with awesome people and blushing? XD
    I got the chapter that was on dA, was there an entire other story?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    What is it with awesome people and blushing? XD
    I got the chapter that was on dA, was there an entire other story?
    There's a one-shot titled "Losing Someone".

Huh. That was a weird tangent.
    ...Isn't this how Tiasal/Xykon started off?

Especially since his own time with Tia is limited. I wonder if he'd be better off trying to get Tiasal to bond with Vaarsuvius, rather than the other way around.

Maybe seeing Vaarsuvius lose hope would give him the impetus to seriously work on a way to get out, even with the threat against Tiasal hanging over their head.
    That could be enough to drag V out of her despair, but they'd have to be so so careful. And, at this point, I wonder who's side Tia would take if she found out? Presumably she wants to get well away from that place, but would she have enough trust in her parents to throw her lot in with them?

And after all this time, and after a little time spent with Redcloak, s/he would be able to see how Red was good for Vaarsuvius in a way that s/he couldn't have hoped to be.
    I'm still waiting for a confrontation between those two. Inky needs more screen time. And I wonder how he would act around V after all this?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-04 at 05:53 PM.
    DeviantArt

23. - Top - End - #1373

...Isn't this how Tiasal/Xykon started off?

...Crap. Now I'm imagining how Xykon would become attracted to Vaarsuvius. Make it stop make it stop makeitstopmakeitstop...

Especially since his own time with her is limited. I wonder if he'd be better off trying to get Tiasal to bond with Vaarsuvius, rather than the other way around.
    Probably. He'd probably go and tell Tiasal to give her mother a hug. And refuse to let go until she was hugged back proper.

That could be enough to drag V out of her despair, but they'd have to be so so careful. And, at this point, I wonder who's side Tia would take if she found out? Prusumably she wants to get well away from that place, but would she have enough trust in her parents to throw her lot in with them?
    They would have to build their relationship with her, but her trust in Xykon is actually pretty strong. Right-Eye's betrayal (Right-Eye, you moron!) sent her rocketing to him, and now she's stuck like well-cooked spaghetti. (Yes, I just used a 'spaghetti' simile.) If Right-Eye was able to 'fool' her into thinking he loved her, and made her love him back, who's to say that her parents aren't doing the same?

I'm still waiting for a confrontation between those two. Inky needs more screen time. And I wonder how he would act around V after all this?
    I'm working on the request. But I hope to make some screen time for Kyrie, and Kyrie/Red and Kyrie/V. I owe it to hir after all this.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1374

...Crap. Now I'm imagining how Xykon would become attracted to Vaarsuvius. Make it stop make it stop makeitstopmakeitstop...
    *Whacks Water-Smurf with a 2X4*

I'm working on the request. But I hope to make some screen time for Kyrie, and Kyrie/Red and Kyrie/V. I owe it to hir after all this.
    Yay!

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that it's started, there's no stopping it. And besides, this is a Crack Pairings thread.

Rationalizing anything is what we do best!

But damn, that would be creepy. It would be a love/hate relationship without the love.

He'd probably go and tell Tiasal to give her mother a hug. And refuse to let go until she was hugged back proper.
    D'awww!

They would have to build their relationship with her, but her trust in Xykon is actually pretty strong. Right-Eye's betrayal (Right-Eye, you moron!) sent her rocketing to him, and now she's stuck like well-cooked spaghetti. (Yes, I just used a 'spaghetti' simile.) If Right-Eye was able to 'fool' her into thinking he loved her, and made her love him back, who's to say that her parents aren't doing the same?
    I just hope they'll realize how precarious her trust in them is. They're not going to be happy how much attention Xykon is paying her, but they maybe that could be used to help them all escape. And how long is it going to be until they find out she's a sorcerer?

Yay! ...Darn, Coffeeninja'd on that one.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-04 at 06:37 PM.
    DeviantArt

26. - Top - End - #1376

ClericGuy

*sees knocked out Water-Smurf on the floor and a 2x4 next to her*
    Drat! Someone beat me here.

Probably. He'd probably go and tell Tiasal to give her mother a hug. And refuse to let go until she was hugged back proper.
    D'awww. That would be so sweet.

Yay!...Darn, ninja'd twice on that.
    Last edited by Aaron; 2010-02-04 at 06:39 PM.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Dwarf in the Playground

What could Xykon do to make sure that Vaarsuvius doesn't just try to barrel ahead anyway? I could see her diving into sub-zero water and somehow convincing herself that she could get her daughter back to the hole she made by jumping in before either of them died of shock or drowning. I don't see her being too successful.
    [...]
    Xykon still can't guarantee that Vaarsuvius won't throw caution to the wind and just try to snatch Tiasal and run from the monster/just try to put herself in between her daughter and the creature and hope that she's got enough HP to distract it while Tiasal runs.
    What was the spell Xykon used to keep Eugene from interfering during the Xykon/Fyron duel? (Seen here.)
    Last edited by Thor Person Guy; 2010-02-04 at 06:51 PM.

...I feel ignored.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    *sees knocked out Water-Smurf on the floor and a 2x4 next to her*
    Drat! Someone beat me here.
    Wait, so am I the only one here who has a vile fascination with the concept?

...wait, just noticed the pun. Urgh.
    I think the fact that I didn't notice it even though it was bolded underlines how bad it was.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-04 at 06:49 PM.
    DeviantArt

29. - Top - End - #1379

ClericGuy

Wait, so am I the only one here who has a vile fascination with the concept?
    ...Uhmmm, maybe. We may never know...
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

30. - Top - End - #1380

*Shows up in a cloak, fedora, and sunglasses*

You know how to make it stop. *Hands a pencil and a pad of paper*
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.