New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eragon, Where Dragons dare

The fire slides off Eragon's wards like water over glass.
    The Rider approaches, unafraid. "If so, then why do you need that staff?" He replies. Holding out a hand, and an unstoppable force drags it towards him.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

Even without the Staff of Magius, Raistlin is still smiling.

"Because, my dear Rider, that is the Staff of Magius. And it recognizes it's proper owner."

Once in the Rider's hand, the staff responds by sending the equivalent of about five bolts of lightning into the boy at point-blank range. The staff knows it's own, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

Black Knight

Percy raises his sword and shield which protect him from the worst of the cone. After a bit though he is knocked prone.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Soth
    "Rise once more and fight me, Knight!" Soth bellows, his sword pointed at Percy, "I am not like the Wizard, nor the King of these lands, I fight with honor and I feel you do as well."
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

5. - Top - End - #605

Black Knight

"You claim to have honour." Percy says as he regains his footing.

"Yet you walk this land in the form of an unholy abomination against man and God." Percy brandishes the Ebony Blade as though it were a holy symbol even though it bares no real power of that kind.

"Have at thee monster!"

6. - Top - End - #606

"It is not by my hand that I was once again give life, I was brought back by gods who wished to pay me tribute!" Soth screams, bringing his blade to crash with Percy's, swinging it quickly and more elegantly than he is used to.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-31 at 08:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Errr, thanks" Eric said with an arched eyebrow as he held the whip in his hands, trying to surpress the gag reflex that made him want to vomit holding the blood-stained whip. In his mind, he could see about a dozen outcomes to his situation. None of them ended well. Most of them ended with him being put on the sacrificial altar after whatever poor virgin had been sacrificed to the dark god Zork, or whatver the hell these nutters believed in.

"You know, as Captain Marcus Bedrock said in Mars Needs Stonemasons: Let's cut the foreplay, get right to the action" he remarked, as he hefted the whip in his hands, testing its weight with his hand. Then, with a sudden explosion of movement, he cracked it across the face of the cultist who had handed it to him. Barking viciously, Rusty sprang upwards and sunk his fangs into the throat of one priest, and then bounded onto another, ripping and tearing with his powerful jaws. Spinning around, and using the momentum to strike with greater force, Eric cracked the whip against two other priests, who recoiled in pain at the stinging tip of the whip, before throwing his flash towards the palanquin. The wax and oil reacted in midflight and burst into a ball of fire which sped unerringly towards it's target.

"Run, Rusty! Run!" Eric yelled, not even stopping to see the effect of the formula. As his mastiff came bounding up beside him, he heard the boom of the flash striking home, and then took off at a sprint, Rusty easily keeping pace beside him with long, powerful strides. They took off down a small alleywall, cluttered with people and merchants hawking their wares. The crowds scattered as he came running down the alley, people screaming in fear. This was rather understandable. He was, after all, a strangely dressed young man who had just thrown a fireball at priests, with a whip in hand, accompanied by a huge mastiff with blood on it's muzzle.

"This reminds me of the bazaar chase scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark" Eric shouted at Rusty over the sounds of the market, still unable to resist making movie references even when engaged in a life-or-death chase, pursued by mad cultists.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

8. - Top - End - #608
    Dwarf in the Playground

Darkwolf
    He jumps back, avoiding the two strikes and says to Leonidus:
    "Don't see why you're helping her, she's just going to try and slaughter you like she did to those dozen little villages. I'm just trying to stop the genocide here and now."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    Elric meets the blade, equally taught. Almost childishly, the Melnibonean asks, "Oh, and what if I do?"

Dilvish
    Dilvish and Bilbo arrive at what appear to be the entrance to the keep. The trio survey the defenses of the fortress, looking for a way in.
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2010-01-31 at 09:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

10. - Top - End - #610

Black Knight

"Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves." Percy is not sure if that is true or not but his experience with the undead says it's true more often than not.

Leonidas

"If the Empire doesn't fall then someone like her will rise up again and nothing would change."

11. - Top - End - #611

Lord Soth
    "Perhaps the same could be said of all Gods!" Soth responds, knowing that the Gods of Krynn had a tendency to play with the lives of mortals as if they were little more than Chess Pieces.
    Bilbo
    "I could get in; I can become invisible and then silently sneak into the castle, but then we'd lose the ability to communicate." Bilbo says.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #612

Black Knight

"Your words are as empty as your soul. This world ill needs a saviour such as you."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-31 at 10:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #613

Lord Soth
    "What is this world? A miserable pile of secrets, but enough of this, HAVE AT YOU!" Soth screams, swinging his sword at Percy once more.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse (Dras-Leona)
    "Hey," Lina says as she approaches the gate guard, "does this place have a library?"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-02-01 at 07:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Elric
    Galbatorix doesn't give an answer. His expression is measured and focused, communicating with his sword strikes rather then words. His strokes begin to quicken, every blow harder and faster then the last, working to overwhelm you. Every time you attempt an attack, the king responds with a counterstroke that almost kills you. Stormbringer all but flinches every time it is brought against the King's blade, as their terrible energies of both blades ash each other. But while Stormbringer is sentient, Cthrek Goru is an empty, mindless thing of hate and want, unable to stop.
    At your hip, Mournblade keens, wanting to dance alongside it's brother against the king. It doesn't matter you've never wielded two swords at once before. It knows how it is meant to be wielded.

Eric
    The cultists limp after you, staggering, crawling and dragging themselves, all but frothing at the mouth as they yell obscenities at the heretic. One is throwing what appear to be handfuls of fire at your wake, heedless to the loss of life and property the unchecked flames are causing.
    You think you loose them in the back streets, although you can't be sure, they probably know this area a hell of a lot better then you. It is with that pleasant thought you realize you have no idea where you are, or how to get back where you came from.

Lina Inverse
    "The priests of the Helgrind keep one." He says disinterestedly. He then swears as fire begins to spread in the city, no longer paying any attention to you. It is spreading rapidly, already covering an entire street.

Raistlin
    Eragon falls to his knee's in a convulsive shudder, then slowly gets back to his feet, vengeance in his eyes. Looking around, he see's the battle has spilled into your confrontation, and he is cut off.
    Already, you can feel the poison beginning to wear off. Once more you can feel your magic, only by the faintest of threads, but soon it will return. Just the same, you have to survive that long.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-01 at 05:47 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #616

Black Knight

The Death Knight's swords bounce harmlessly off of his shield. Seconds later a couple of the Calvary Percy was leading break through the lines and seperate Percy from Sloth.

((Cracklord? Where is the rest of the Imperial army?))

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

The two forces vanguard's are engaging, with the majority of the infantry remaining to guard the Imperial spellcasters and archers. The light cavalry are harassing the Varden's left flank, and Murtagh is fighting Cyan and Nasuada up in the air. You are in the right flank, have broken through and got most of the Varden's spellcasters, but are currently isolated and your force has mostly lost cohesion.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #618

Black Knight

Seperated from Sloth, Percy wades through the battle searching for an enemy with a horse he can steal.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Dwarf in the Playground

"An elf siezing power? That's at least ten bloody uprisings to come. How bout a compromise, I kill her here and now, and you can overthrow the tyrant and sieze control. What do you say King Leonidas?"
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-02-01 at 07:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

((You should probably do Parias as well...))
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

In the fray of the battle, seperated from his staff, Raistlin counts on his stolen body's instincts to see him through the fight. Having spent most of his life with his twin brother, the wizard has observed some of the greatest swordplay in Krynn. Now, he has the body to attempt some of those feats.

Disarming one of the Imperial soldiers of his sword, the mage begins wielding it-awkwardly at first, but with growing skill and confidence. A crude stopgap to be sure, but effective nonetheless.

Cyan Bloodbane

Seeing Nuasda and Saphira enter the fight, Cyan, his eyes now repaired, spreads his wings to soar above Thorn, and rains acid on his Rider from above.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Raistlin
    Second hand knowledge is better then nothing, but the men you are fighting a serious, professional soldiers, and it's enough to get by, not to dominate the battle. You misjudge distances, make mistakes, and almost fumble your blade a few times, but you stay alive, and able to function. It could be worse.

Cyan
    The acid hits both of them, causing the two dragons to scream in fury and disengage.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-01 at 07:31 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #623

Lord Soth
    Soth, now separated from his 'worthy opponent,' does a quick search for any significant mass of imperial forces, intent upon hurling a fireball at that force and proceeding to charge forward to take advantage of that chaos...assuming that he finds any large number of troops.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse (Dras-Leona)

Gourry's eyes widen in alarm as he spots the flames. "Lina!"
    "I got it, I got it. Let's go. RAY WING!"

The pair speed towards the fire.

"Lina! It's too big, let's split up!"
    Nodding, Lina drops Gourry off and floats above a burning building.
    "Holy wind, which flows gently across the land, let all things be filled with your pure breath. VAN RAIL!"
    She drops onto the roof and presses her hand down. A web of icy strands extend from her hand, smothering the flames.

Meanwhile, Gourry has entered another building. Cutting fallen rafters with his sword, he soon emerges carrying a man over his shoulder.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    The priests below are glaring at you. Then one of them grabs Goury roughly. "How dare you interfere with our mission, heretic!" It says roughly. "You must pay penance!"

Lord Soth
    The battle is too far underway for such distinctions to be easily made. It's hard enough to guess who is on your side at any one point.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

While he was able to hold himself against the soldiers of the Empire, the mage knew that he could not succeed via swordplay. Feeling the trickles of his power return, he mutters a minor spell that he learned when he had still worn the red robes of Neutrality. Fiery darts burst from the mage's fingertips to lance out at several of his foes.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #627

Lord Soth
    If Soth still breathed, he'd sigh. This army was too disorganized for him to distinguish between sides, owing to the lack of foresight needed to instruct the men in the intelligence in wearing some type of symbol or color. This makes him practically useless in this battle, because if he starts slicing, he wouldn't distinguish based on sides. Sighing, he glances around the battle field and attempts to find Raistlin; a slender female elf shouldn't be that difficult to distinguish from the armored horde.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #628

Leonidas

"I care not for who has power so long as it is not the Empire that continues to make movements against glorious Sparta. I have no desire to claim it for my own or to place an elf on the throne."

Black Knight

Percy stabs an enemy calvary man and takes his horse. With it he rides around the battlefield in an attempt to reorganize his men.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Raistlin
    Your darts were as effective as you hoped, but it draws more of your strength then it should have. You feel weak, as though you had attempted one of the rituals you had only learned as master of the tower.

Percy
    The men form up around you, but their are a lot more riderless horses then cavalry. Most have been surrounded and dragged of their mounts. However, you are behind their lines, and

Lord Soth
    You are alerted to him by flashing fire, he is separated from you by a melee between the two forces.
    Then you see a hooded, cloaked warrior advancing on you, with a very recognizable sword. It is sapphire blue, and is lapped by flames of the same color. in his other hand, he holds the staff of Magius.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-01 at 10:18 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #630

Black Knight

Percy leads them away from the battle and sends the unmaned horses back towards the city. They'll be of more use in evacuation than on the field of battle.

Within seconds Percy sends leads his remaining men into a charge on Sloth and Eragon. Hopefully hurting at least one of them.