New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge

Egg puts his hands to his temples. "Hear me." He replies, ignoring the confused stares of the other hunters, sending an image of him reclining in the hotel room of his face on Rice Wine. The vampire was unlikely to believe it, but it might work. "Once Reason and Unreason tore apart the heavens over her, over the fate of the universe. She is all that remains. Only a fool would try anything with her. She is not yours, she is the prize of the god of the East, the equal of heaven himself." With that he breaks of the connection. He's not sure if any of it is true, but it sounds vague enough to inspire paranoia. And it could easily be, though Wang looks OK.
    Coming around an alley, he stops and begins thinking, closing his eyes, his mouth creasing into a frown. The world was full of paths, some no more then the thickness of a shadow, many leading through worlds unguessed or unknown, forgotten and recorded only on some ancient, fading record in the celestial beuracracy. But he's good at finding them again.
    At last he opens his eyes, and steps through the wall. Who said all paths were through the physical world?
    ((I'm elaborating on the scene in the vault of dead trees.))

T-800
    The terminator scans the area, looking for any signs of movement, not bothering to scan for life. If it detects anything, it shall open fire, sacrificing aim for a lot of bullets.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-03 at 07:12 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Everybody

In the end, it matters not how or when you entered the crumbling mansion. Those that entered early wander the halls aimlessly, their final goal somehow eluding them, while those that came afterwords found their path far more quickly. A door hidden in a mirror, where the faded corridors, wallpaper peeling away under the weight of accumulated dust and time, give way to stone steps leading down into darkness. Unlike the outside, this stone seems pristine; it might have been laid only yesterday.

The dark steps lead to an underground hallway, illuminated by flickering torchlight. At then end of the hall, double doors lead to a cavernous room, bare of any decoration other than those same gray stones. In the exact center of the room what can only be described as a perfect family portrait.

Seated in a throne in the middle lies a young-looking vampire, pale and dark-haired like the rest, attempting solve an intricately carved puzzle box; the Lament Configuration. On his knee sits a woman, who would be considered pretty if it weren't for the vacant, empty expression on her face; her hands hold a familiar set of fanged teeth: those of Dracula himself. On the floor to their left, a young girl, maybe six or seven and a bronzed teenaged boy engage in acts that would make Nabakov blush; thankfully, they are still clothed. Before the throne itself lies the crumpled body of a young androgynous woman dressed in a power suit, blond hair lying messily strewn about and stained with blood. Yes, all in all, a perfect family portrait.

Still fiddling with the puzzle, the young vampire stands, unceremoniously dropping his consort to the floor. He grins. "Welcome. Welcome to the End."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-03 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang draws his sword. The potion is singing in his blood, and he sneers. The very thought they can touch him is ridiculous, even laughable. "Give me my wife." He says, his voice demanding obedience, steeping forwad confidently. If Moses had been a short, young asian, didn't have a big white beard, and rather then a palace of egypt met the pharoh in a nineteenth century estate, he would have looked exactly like Wang in that moment.
    Egg pulls out his six demon bag, reaching in and pulling out a blue one, but not throwing it yet.

T-800
    Secondary targets located. Neutralize most threatening to doomsday first, then deal with lesser issues. Bracing the minigun, the machine opens fire on Edward Cullen, not bothering to aim. If precission was called for, it would use the pistol. Precission was not called for. Overwhelming force was.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-03 at 07:57 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Predator and Deadpool

The hunter has no time for this monster's theatrics. It will claim it's prey. It beguins to do so by throwing it's tracking disk aimed for the beasts neck and firing off it's shoulder cannon in tandem.

Deadpool empties him rocket launcher at young vampire. "Actually pretty boy this is just the climax. The end isn't for a few more posts."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg throws the blue marble, a water spirit bound by Sun Wukong on the Journey west errupting out in an explosion of multicolored smoke, sending all of the vampires flying before they could enact any actions. Four left.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

All the attacks come to naught, as Edward Cullen deftly manipulates the Lament Configuration, shunting the destructive energies into Hell itself.

"Sorry, but not quite good enough."

Smirking at his cleverness, Edward begins to manipulate the Configuration once more. "I don't suppose any of you have guessed what I'm planning yet? The slips of paper, the thaumaturgic ritual, the Volturi alliance, the Nightside raids? You might be asking yourself, what's the end goal? What's that purpose?" Turning his head sharply towards Deadpool, the Cullen wags a finger at him.

"Don't even think about charging me. There is a rather impressive psychic barrier between this motley party and my family."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-03 at 08:19 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang doesn't listen, striding right up to them, and counting on the potion to protect him.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

The young man is blocked by what appears to be a force field straight out of Star Trek. Edward smirks.

Walker recognizes the model; it's practically insurmountable while it's on, but it's also a disposable model, and only has enough power to run for about five minutes, at max.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akuma does not like being kept waiting, he is quite frustrated at all the time he could have possibly spent training, rather than awaiting a suppossed worthy challanger. So he shouts,"Enough games, which of you is the opponent worthy enough to face me?"

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Edward laughs then, long and hard at Akuma's words. You feel like a straight man, delivering the perfect setup line. Spreading his arms wide, he catches Dracula's teeth in one hand, while still pulling at the Lament Configuration with the other.

"Worthy? None of you are worthy. That's the point. But while you inferior humans and aliens," he says, spitting that last word out. "are pathetic, apparently you all are quite capable of harming us. And that I cannot allow. We know that in the dimensions parallel to ours, our kind has been swept clean by vermin. THIS! WILL! NOT! HAPPEN! HERE!" If he was human, his veins would be bulging out of his head at that comment, but he is not human.

"The key was the hunters. A group of individuals with the power to eradicate our kind. In a way, I think, such groups are inevitable. But no matter. We knew you were coming for us, and so, we...prepared. A thaumaturgic ritual, fed off the willing sacrifices of our kin. And that, combined with the Lament Configuration, and a piece from our parallel reality, in a place of power from the origin of the hunters, creates the perfect irony. Gentlemen, I give you...the Hunters!" Somehow inverting the Configuration, the puzzle box's intricate insides giving way to pink, organic tissue, the man holds teeth and box together, before hurling them against the collapsing force field. And what wonders emerge.

First comes a man, dressed in a black leather overcoat and Pilgram-style hat, holding a Staff decorated with intricate hieroglyphs. Another wears a leather duster that belongs on the set of some spaghetti Western; the marks on his staff smolder with the fires of Hell itself; Egg can tell that this man is a powerful wizard. Then another, wielding what can only be described as miniature chainsaws attacked to grips. Another, in a set of camping gear, a chainsaw replacing his right hand. A rather ditzy-looking man in a priest's robe, and a fanatic one dual-wielding bayonets. A red Devil with a stone arm, wielding a simply enormous revolver. A more traditional-looking vampire dressed in what can only be described as a Halloween costume; Deadpool recognizes Morbius. And two more. One is a man that is not a man; rather, a creature who practically reeks of darkness. Pointed fangs set in a sadistic smile worthy of Pinhead himself and glowing red glasses complete a billowing red overcoat and cravat. And the last is a tall, dark, and vaguely-handsome looking man in a white overcoat. John Taylor. Motionless, they await Edward's command.

"Kill them."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-03 at 11:12 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #431

"Are we supposed to be scared of these guys? They don't look anymore powerful than we are. I know I can beat Michael over there if nothing else." Deadpool doesn't seem all that bothered.

"I've seen crazier **** in my Team-Up book."

The Predator sets his targeting sytem for the demon with the stone hand and prepares it's cannon.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

The summoned do not speak.

The man who in another world was known as Father Anderson gathers his blades, and with pinpoint accuracy and inhuman strength, hurls twelve of the bayonets at Deadpool, each one stabbing through bone and muscle and flesh to emerge bloodied on the mercenary's back.

The demon who was never summoned to Earth, Hellboy raises his revolver, and fires the powerful weapon at the Predator.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg backs away, for the first time nervous. He has one, narrow, hope. If the girl had thought this would work, she'd be here. So maybe there was a chance after all. It seemed a pathetic thing to bet your life on.
    Dresdan was better then him. He was an Arcmage, Egg was a peasant sorcerer, whose magic was amplified through focuses. Dresdan had more power, more finesse, more skill, more ability, more flair. What he didn't have was experience.
    Egg removed the fan, keeping it closed, then threw one of his demons at the other mage, as hard as he could. Wear him out, until they stand on equal footing.

Wang draws his sword. The man he's facing has the careless ease of a born swordsman, and if it wasn't for the potion Wang wouldn't dare even try. But he didn't anyway. Running at Kane as though charging, at the last second he leapt sixteen feet in the air to land on the other side of the hall and ran past, still looking for his wife.

T-800
    The Machine ignores the materialization. They were irrelevant, unless they tried to delay it. It keeps up it's barrage on Edward until it runs out of shots, then throws the minigun aside and begins advancing, drawing it's shotgun as it does.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-03 at 11:50 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Egg's thrown demon is stopped by a shield, cast by the wizard of a Council that had never existed. In doing so, the peasant sorcerer notices one key detail: Dresden, throughout the whole exchange, has been silent. All of the summoned in fact, with three exceptions, haven't made any noise other than movement. And a great deal of magic came from words, from the interplay between word and will. And if the wizard couldn't speak...

Wang's leap over the group succeeds, but he does not find his wife anywhere in the bare room. He does find that Kane has followed him, and is currently lunging at the warrior with his rapier. If Wang had known of Kane, had known the Puritan warrior, he would see that the man had lost the cold fury in his movements that had so driven him towards Le Loup, relying solely on his not-inconsiderable skill alone. But there had never been a Solomon Kane in this world.

The T-800's shots are blocked by a spinning scythe, blood-red, wielded by the absent-minded looking priest. The two from the future meet each other's eyes, both soulless, both empty. Both committed to their tasks.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-04 at 12:12 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #435

"C'mon Alex I saw those OVAs. You're much hammier than this." Deadpool drops the rocket launcher and draws his swords to block the bayonets. He catches maybe one or two the rest painfully silde through his tumour ridden flesh.

"Even with a healing factor that hurts man." Wade takes the momentary opening between throwing the bayonets and creating more to attempt to decapitate the priest.

The hunter takes the bullet to the shoulder. It is but an inconvienience the engergy from it's shoulder cannon that flies at the demon in return hopefully is something more.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg
    Egg waits for Dresdan to make a move, already planning a counter attack. The fact he can't speak is an advantage, but not enough of one.

Wang
    The restaurant owner turns and parries, then launches a left cross into Kane's face, trying in the meantime to twist the sword out of the puritan's hand. It seems clear his best chance is to win the fight quickly. "I fight for love." He says. "What do you fight for, an abomination pulling your strings?"

T-800
    The machine, identifying the priest as a threat, drops the minigun. It has no effect, so it would be illogical to continue to use it. Scanning the inconvenience, it looks for a weakness to target, identifying the systems that give it life and drawing two pistols.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-04 at 06:06 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

Broken Sword faces van Helsing. He holds his sword at face level and bows his head slightly, and makes the sign still used by martial artists today as a salute. The swordsman then drops the formalities and attacks, parrying with the sheath, and slashing with the blade.

He knows that he faces an opponent stronger than the vampires. At the back of his mind, he is thinking about a technique used by the only swordsman to equal him. It could give Broken Sword the edge he needs to end the duel quickly, but he needs an opportunity to use it.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-02-04 at 08:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Broken Sword

Unfortunately, the Angel who never descended doesn't share your sense of sportsmanship. His first attack sheers straight through your sheath, the whirring blades smoothly cutting into the toughened leather as easily as an axe splits a block of wood. The far shorter blades force him to keep out of striking distance with him, though. And while he parries your attacks, he cannot close the distance to make his own.

Wang

The never-born man does not speak. The punch knocks his head back; the rapier clatters to the ground. Moving backwards to stay out of Wang's reach, Solomon Kane pulls out an old-fashioned revolver(updates from darkblade, I believe) and fires at Wang. Even though, you notice, the oddly shaped staff on his back would be easier to draw.

Egg

Still silent, the wizard has enough power to match you. Raising his blasting rod, Dresden sends a gout of flame the size of a rubber hose at the mystic.

T-800

The priest, now red-eyed and fanged, appears to be human, with nanomachines placed within his body. Concentrations of said machines occur at the heart, spinal cord, and head.

Deadpool

Anderson's head comes off quite easily, the sharpened katanas shearing through the spinal cord as if it were nothing. Of course, when said head simply reforms, nothing much has changed. Anderson, if he were speaking, would probably have said something referring to "an eye for an eye"; instead, he simply tries to cut the Merc's head off in turn.

Predator

The creature simply raises his stone arm, and the blast is harmlessly absorbed into it. The demonic entity then charges at the alien, stone arm ready to bludgeon the Predator to death.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg
    ((For more information, consult this...))
    The mystic grins, flicking open his reflective fan and sending the fire back at Dresdan, then, focusing, sends a beam of purple power arcing towards Dresdan. Different cultures had come up with different ways to fight Wizard's duels, but when Egg had learned, this way had been fashionable.

Wang
    No time to dodge, Wang spins, throwing his sword directly at Kane's chest, then leaps to the side, flipping to confuse the targeted where to aim.

T-800
    The terminator begins with a series of inelegant, brutal strikes at the weak points, trying to gauge it's ability and disable it as fast as possible with minimum interference.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-04 at 08:35 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edward has proved himself an idiot by insulting Akuma in such a manner, an act similiar to proclaiming oneself to be an athiest with some Templars in earshot, during the Crusades. His rage builds and he begins to walk towards Edward, only to be blocked by Morbius, to whom he engages in a fight.

21. - Top - End - #441

"Man, not being able to tell the unnaturally undying hedonistic mercenary that he is a filthy heretic and shall burn in the fires of hell must be hard on you." Deadpool says as he kicks the preist in the face.

Taking the moment of freedom the kick would offer he replaces the swords in their sheath and unleashes the assault rifle into the figment of the priest.

"I'm afraid I don't do last rites."

The hunter registers the stone arm as unbreakable and makes an attempt to avoid being crushed by it. He does this by leaping into the air as the demon is about to connect and coming down upon Hellboy's back.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

He is startled by the sharpness of his opponent's blade, but remains calm. Broken Sword switches his grip, holding the blade upside down so that it lays against his arm. Force will not be sufficient against an opponent and weapons of this skill.

This grip will allow him to deflect and redirect the force of his blows, throwing van Helsing off balance. And that is when Broken Sword will strike.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pinhead
    Pinhead looks over to the Great Vampire; this was a vampire he did not know. In most circumstances he would have become a great battle of wills, a battle that could rip this building apart assuming he was as powerful as he appeared, but although under Cullen control, he was NOT Cullen. The chains were useless and his herald was distracted. He instead moves his chains around the Great Vampire and attempts to penetrate the shield protecting him; not even God himself could hold Pinhead back when The Configuration was concerned, and no mortal magic would protect this man.
    Walker
    "Taylor? Funny, I didn't think you were so easily controlled, even an alternate dimension so close to the real one." Walker merely sighs, "So let there be light, TAYLOR PUT DOWN THE WEAPONS AND SURRENDER. NOW." This was his Voice; descended from the Voice of God; even Taylor had only resisted with certain tools at hand.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-02-10 at 11:22 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

((actually, Alucard ISN'T known to Pinhead. In this dimension, there was no Hellsing Organization, the ROPK estate is their would-have-been headquarters, and Dracula, after his defeat by Van Helsing became a nobody loser in the Nightside. And you can somehow sense that you can attack Alucard.))

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #445

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    ((actually, Alucard ISN'T known to Pinhead. In this dimension, there was no Hellsing Organization, the ROPK estate is their would-have-been headquarters, and Dracula, after his defeat by Van Helsing became a nobody loser in the Nightside. And you can somehow sense that you can attack Alucard.))
    ((Oh.****. Sorry; I figured that there was a sort of 'shared' universe. I'll edit.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

((no problem. My fault for not mentioning that.))

Pinhead

Alucard casually extends his arm to block the chains, the spikes wrapping around his arm...and tearing it clean off. Pinhead realizes that this creature could be affected by his attacks. The vampire laughs then, rich and hearty; he embraces the pain and mocks it at the same time.

"Excellent. More. More. MOORE!"

His other arm holds a massive black pistol; the gun fires with pinpoint accuracy at Pinhead, the explosive shells detonating, the blessed silver alloy penetrating into the cenobite's skin.

Walker

Taylor shakes his head. "Doesn't work that way, Walker. Killing you again is going to be a pleasure." A pair of chaos dice is flung at the Voice; a roaring fireball appears out of nowhere to strike at the Voice of the Authorities.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

((Can the rest of us get a reply as well? We have been waiting a week or so...))
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

((sorry))

Egg Shen

The gout of fire meets the beam between the two. The image of two warriors appear: for Dresden, a barbarian with massive thews, matched by Egg Shen's own avatar.

Broken Sword

Unfortunately, said grip proves slightly unstable when met with Van Helsing's spinning blades, jarring the dead man's sword out of his hand.

Predator

Hellboy is forced to the ground by your attack, but the alien has forgotten to account for the demon's tail. Thin and whip-like, with a pointed end, it snakes around the Predator's tail, jerking him sharply downwards as well.

Wang

The ploy works; the shot goes wide. The man is clearly off-balance, fumbling for a weapon, and ignoring the staff on his back.

T-800
    The scythe fades as the man deflects each blow with his bare hands; however, the man hesitates for .0568 of a second when the machine attacked the spine.

Deadpool

The priest's mouth twitches, but he is unable to speak. The man's body is shredded by the assault rifle, buying the Merc some time, but with a healing factor the equal of Deadpool's, he'll be back to throwing blades once more.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang kicks him in the face, then tries to cut the sword from the Puritan's back with his own blade. He's not sure why, it just seems like the right thing to do.

Egg
    Egg's avatar, a gaudily dressed warrior in impractical armor with an enormous blade begins with a simple, overhand chop.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #450

Walker
    "Fine." Walker rolls out of the way of the fireball, "I've faced down worse and lived, Taylor. Better than you, certainly; After all, who stood up to, 'Mommy Dearest?'" Walker opens up the Pocket Watch and activates the Time Slip. Walker, for a brief moment, wonders whether it's proof that God is ironic that he's about to pull a very Taylor esque move on Taylor.
    Pinhead
    Pinhead gives a grim smile as the bullet pierced him, "That hurts like nothing's hurt in a long time, but the blessing means nothing. I care not for God, for He cares not for me." The Chains fly around Pinhead and move quickly to Alucard, "I will introduce you to a world of pain and pleasure, vampire."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar