New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge

"Damnit! I gave up PK-ing for lent. No explosions today." Deadpool curses as he draws his swords and charges in.

The Hunter drives it's spear in harder and tries to blast Edward's face with it's shoulder canon.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

The Hallway

Overwhelmed by the onslaught of various forces against him, Edward Cullen is torn into several pieces, his face gone, his body full of lead holes. So much for the man's plan. And with his death, the ritual fails; Alucard, Anderson, Dresden and Kane return back to their dimension.

The Safe Room

Wang and Egg find the safe room at the end of the hall. Sitting at a table, her back towards the two, is Wang's wife; seated across from her is that same strange man in the Hawaiian shirt, who is absently scratching his silver collar. On the other end of the room lie the other teenager and his jailbait; they appear to be frozen in place. The odd silver whirring gadget on the table seems to be the cause of their state.

"Gentlemen, if you will wait a few moments, I will begin to explain the circumstances around these recent events; I hope to wait until the other arrive. That being said, I would like to apologize to Mr. Chi for allowing the trauma of having his wife kidnapped."

Walker

Somebody taps the man on his shoulder. Turning around, Walker sees a young man, sandy-haired, wearing the brown uniform of UniMess, the most reliable courier service to be found in the Nightside.

"Letter for you, sir."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-26 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang draws his sword with a single aggressive movement, but doesn't say anything. Mentally, he's begging the man to so much as sneeze aggressively.
    Egg straightens his jacket. "I'm sure you're excused." He says diplomatically.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #484

"Plot senses tingling. That room the Chinese guys went to is important." Deadpool explains to those in the hallway and he enters the room.

"Hey! Vacation Man! Can you hurry this exposition along? I think I've been here a bit long. I got to be on a bunch of alternate covers and vampire killing gig is going on a bit longer than I thought."

Annoyed by the endless pratter of red garbed human the hunter reluctantly follows.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

Broken Sword enters the room with a nod of greeting, but remains silent. His blade remains drawn. Something tells him the battle is not quite over.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

With an opening of attack, Akuma unleashes a flurry of furious blows to the stomach of Morbius, intending to kill him then and there, then move onto the punk vampire.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

The Safe Room

Still sitting down on the folding chair, the man somehow manages to convey an image of formality. Even with that shirt.

"I am a member of the Drood Family. To those who don't know who we are, we are the true guardians of this world. Its protectors against the truly dark and terrible forces that lurk in mankind's shadow. Our efforts are currently directed towards entering one of the last refuses of true darkness and depravity in the world: an area in London called the Nightside. Using an expendable agent, we attempted to implement our plan to force entry into the place; as you can see, this plan has failed. We were hoping that the Lament Configuration would allow Mr. Cullen to gain entry into the place; then, we would betray him(that would be your role), and invade using the portal he created. Every action that the Cullens did, save their use of the Configuration, was sanctioned by us. We don't apologize for doing so, either; my regret is personal, nothing more."

Standing up, the man moves to leave. If those blocking the door permit him.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #488

Deadpool and the Hunter stand in the doorway preventing the man from leaving. The hunter's spear and shoulder cannon and Deadpool's shotgun posed to attack witihin the soace of a few seconds.

Deadpool raises an eye in a manner that should be impossible with his mask and looks at this member of the Drood family.

"You're not giving us the full story there bucko. You stopped me from killing the Street Fighter on the reservation and you've been helping all of us track the Cullens down. So something happened between giving a family of vampire access to a demonic puzzle that does more than play card games and sending us to kill them." Deadpool explains loading his shotgun.

"Now how's about you tell us the rest of the story."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang's sword presses against the small of his back. "Where is My wife?" He asks. "And why kidnap her?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Bugbear in the Playground

Walker
    "Thank you." Walker says, grabbing the letter, carefully opening it.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Drood

The man doesn't seem fazed by the sword at the small of his back.

"She's there, at the table. She, along with the other two, are frozen in time for the next ten minutes; for them, it will seem as if no time has passed."

The man raises an eye at Deadpool's antics. "You're smarter than you let on, aren't you? Your file at the House doesn't indicate any particular brainpower, though your lung capacity is...quite exquisite."

Though the man's voice remains calm and steady, Egg can sense an undercurrent in his words; the man is subvocalizing some incantation or other. It's hanging there now, like a phone number with the last digit left undialed. All it would take would be a word to set it off.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang puts his sword away and sits down. After a few seconds, he pushes his chair closer to hers, and throws his jacket over her shoulders. He is almost sulking, although he is clearly very worried.
    Egg smiles. "Well, lets hear the explanation then. I guess you are trying to counter the movements of another organization that was investing power in the Cullens. Further, I suspect it has something t do wit Nightside. I hate that place myself, but that's not important right now." He sucks on his teeth. "Why us? You kidnapped Wang's wife to get him involved, knowing I'd follow. I suspect you're paying Deadpool's bounty, and solved Pinhead's puzzle. But why? I would have come if you simply asked. Why the elaborate misdirection? Did not the great sage, Confucious himself, say that the wise know when to give a simple answer, and when to bring complexity into the game." He made a face. "Looses something in Translation, of course."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #493

Deadpool simply smiles. "As the Distinguished Competition's clown said the best plase to hide is insanity."

Deadpool brings the gun closer to Drood's face. "Now if you're the one paying me as long as I see some green I'll leave without another word as hard as that may be to believe. Otherwise you better start singing like jailhouse snitch in the shower."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

The man smiles. "Of course there is a reason why I didn't do any of this openly. But we were not meant to know everything." Pressing a button on an otherwise unadorned wristwatch, the Drood teleports away.

With a final tick, the gadget on the table whirs to a halt, and Wang's wife is unfrozen. "Wang? What...happened?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #495

Deadpool knocks on your computer screen with an irritated glare. "Heeeeeeeellllllllooooooo. Whats taking ya'll so long to post. We're almost to the end here. Darkblade had some family issues and computer trouble keeping him but whats your excuse?"

With that he turns back to the matters at hand and empties his assault rifle on Jacob and the spawn.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang ignores the wolf, throwing his arm around his wife. "I found you. Don't worry. It's all going to be OK."

Egg gives a confident smile, squinting, then takes a step back. His art is best utalized in wide, open rooms, with plenty of space. Explosions and lightning in this room would do more dammage to them then to his enemies.
    So, he withdraws his oversized magnum, remembering at the last second he never got around to reloading it. One shot.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

The swordsman turns on the wolf and the vampire child, weapon pointed at the two.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-03-22 at 12:24 AM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg narrows his squint until one eye is almost closed, takes a step forward, and fires, aiming at the girl. He judges her both less likely to be able to deal with it, and less likely to realize the threat.
    Some people might question the morality of such an action. Egg, having the experience he did, would question how they could think their was any other option.

Wang ignores it. his world has shrunk to him and his wife.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Jacob, riddled with bullet holes, falls over, deceased. The spawn, on the other hand, is merely injured...and very, very angry. Crossing the room, she proceeds to snatch the rifle out of the merc's hands, and beat him to death with it. And after he regenerates, do it again and again and again in a mad rage, totally ignoring anyone else in the room.

Looking at Wang's wife, who is reciprocating his affections, Egg can notice that she's looking rather pale. Which could be explained by a simple lack of sunlight, but still...

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

In any other circumstance, Broken Sword would have turned his blade on himself before so much as considering to attack a child. But Renesmee was a vampire like the rest of them.

He aims a vertical slash at her arm.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg lowers his gun, then picks up his torch, modified to UV rays. he points it at Miao and flicks the switch, hopin against hope he's wrong.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #502

"Oww! Cut that out!" Deadpool whines at about his third blunt in the last minute minutes.

"Oh come on man. Thats not whining. I'm beating beaten to death by a toddler with my own gun. I'm allowed to express some discomfort. Deadpool corrects me as he reaches out and catches the gun on it's next incoming blow.

"Settle down kid. How many times you got to get revenge?" As he mocks Nessie he makes a move for her throat with his sword intent to sever her head.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Deadpool and Broken Sword's blades, had each been made in a vacuum, would have been lethal. Made together, the two cross each other in mid-swipe; what would have been a cut through the young vampire's vein became one that a wannabe goth would have boasted of. A decapitating strike looked more like a shaving cut. Still, she isn't on top of Deadpool anymore.

She doesn't notice what you're doing. Miao's arm glimmers faintly. At least, you think it does. It's hard to really tell.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #504

Undetered Deadpool pulls his Katanna back and swings into her neck over and over and over again.

"How. Do. You. Like. Repetetive. Injuries. That. Don't. Kill. You. But. Are. Really. Flipping. Annoying. You. Little. Brat."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang pulls away, only an inch but it feels like a mile. She's cold. Much too cold. Her skin is like smooth marble, hard as stone. She's not who she was. Even her eyes, once beautiful, creamy-jade, are now swimming with red flecks.
    He sighs, so softly she doesn't hear. There is a blur. She slumps against him, unconscious, eyes closed.
    "I couldn't do it, Egg." He says softly. He looks like he's about to cry. "Don't ask me to. I can't."

Egg
    The alchemist throws a bead at her, yelling in Cantonese. A wall of force envelops her, trapping the girl. "She will come out no more. Lets find the one who planned it. The future gazer."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-03-29 at 07:05 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

The abomination slumps over, the force and repetition of the blows eventually causing her neck to resemble a door hinge.

As if on cue, once Miao is knocked out, a small flat-panel slides out of the wall, knocking the remains of the Drood's gadget to the floor. A pre-recorded image flickers to life: Edward smirking. His mocking voice echoes in the small chamber.

"If you are listening to this message, then you've killed them all. My family, my clan, my love. Everybody. We are the dead; congratulations. But wait; what's this? Your darling wife? One of us? Alice is so very cunning. She loves to play with her food; when she sires, she injects the venom slowly. Carefully. And over a period of time, the poor soul is slowly turned into one of us, their blood corrupted by her little gift. It doesn't hurt; at least not physically. But they know what's happening, know it in their guts. The girl timed it so that the transformation will have been completed by the time you first entered into the room. You've killed my family; I'm taking one back."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang's fist breaks the screen, glass embedding itself in his hand. He doesn't even seem to feel it, he's too emotionally confused as anger and pain feed of each other. Carefully, he removes his jacket, placing it over Miayo's prostrate form. She'll be awake in a few hours. It's better she doesn't feel what's happening to her. Then, he begins walking on.
    Egg pats him on the back. "Maybe in the next life, huh?" But Wang doesn't even notice. Instead, he walks over to the place where the half breed is, and squats. He holds out his bleeding hand agonizingly out of her reach. She's all but dead, but with blood she could repair herself. "It's yours. All of it. As much as you want. Just tell me where the... where that thing is." He sounds like a man with no hope, nothing to live for.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

The half-breed licks at the cut, but is still not fully conscious.

The UV torch, still left on, shows that Miao's skin is sparkling a little bit more. But why would it be increasing, if she's already...

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg grabs Wang's shoulder. "There is still time."
    Wang shakes him off. "No there isn't. She's dying. What are we supposed to do? I'm a restaurant owner, not a doctor, you're an alchemist, not a sorcerer, and unless you have a degree your not telling me about..." He sweeps his other hand, indicating the motley crew assembled around. "Do any of these look like they have a clue? She's going to die, and I can't do anything!"
    Wang steps back. It wasn't like Wang to get like this, hot headed and brash were second nature to him, but he tended to be at least constructive.
    "Does anybody know a thing?" He asks anyway.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #510

"Actually I might have an idea." Deadpool tells Wang not stopping his beating on the little girl even as his sword starts to dull against her neck.

"My healing factor works by reproducing cells endlessly as the old cells die. Essentially it is a superhuman cancer. A few drops of my blood and it might wash the venom out of her system." Wade stops beating the poor child and attempts to roll her over and stab her in the heart. Regardless of the success or failure there he discards his sword and removes his gloves revealing a tumour filled arm.

"Either that or she dies in unmeasureable agony from highly explosive cancer but thats better than being a vampire right."