New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Oceans of Legacy (IC)

Still walking to the hidden rat, Chrak says "On what grounds do you order me to do anything? I pledged my loyalty to the Captain for the duration of our voyage, and nothing more. I won't speak a word of this encounter, or the aftermath, to anyone other than the Captian. I have no desire to alert anyone that such a thing has sneaked aboard the ship." Despite the harsh words, Chrak's antennae have calmed down significantly.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cal sighs. "Relax K. You're too serious. I'm on officer, but I'm not that strict. Its just important that Al doesn't know the details. Sorry if I sounded bossy."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-26 at 10:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the Hallway:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Things have become increasingly crowded as people have gathered in the narrow hallway of the orlop. Things start to thin out, however, as the dark gnome leads the suave-looking human male from his room outside, leaving the bottle in Sigurd's care.
    About a minute later, Darrius also chooses to leave his room as Cal comes and leads K'kichrak out as well.

If you take a swig of the Braggart Wine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wine's taste is simple and pure, a cascade of taste that tickles the taste buds. As you swallow, intoxication overcomes you immediately, both strong and gentle in its appearance. It is almost as though a caring mother had tucked your higher brain functions under to soft sheet of alcohol.
    Also, make a will save for each swig you take. The bottle has enough for ten full swigs for who-ever wants them.

On Deck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything starts falling into place as the proper heading is set and activity has died down a bit, giving everybody a bit of breathing room. Only the last remnants of sunlight remain in the sky and a good handful of stars are already visible. The two darfellans start to sing an old sea chanty, simplistic in its timing but easy to pick up and join in if anybody should want to. The half-orcs working all hum along with the song but nobody else is singing it in earnest.

Meanwhile, on one side of the boat, a tenacious little octopus tries to climb up the side. It never gets higher than a foot or so above the water before falling but the little guy is certainly tenacious. Every now and then, it extends a single arm out towards the only crew member who seems to be watching it, Tetelo.

The gnome walks back out on deck with the suave human from the kraken's tooth. Without drawing much attention, the gnome lifts up the grating and grabs onto a rope heading down, followed behind by the man (who is keeping a hand near a pouch at his side at all times).

About a minute later, things become interesting when the merchant on board (seen without his pig for the first time) comes out and, after looking a few seconds for a staircase, notices the ropes and follows everyone back down.

Less than a minute after that, things become downright wierd as both the second mate and the bug-like guard of the ship both descend into the hold as well. Nobody has emerged so far.

In the Hold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the moment, the hold is pretty dark. Most of the dim light passing through the grate is obscured by what seems to be a large rowboat suspended over the floor. A faint smell of smoke fills the air, mixed with a combination of herbs and the subtle scent of wine. All that the light manages to to is illuminate a thin ring around the edge of the room. Among the objects revealed are the following:
    • A small stable with room for a single horse.
    • Two crates in a far corner that smell strongly of herbs. One of them seems to be slighty ajar.
    • A bit of curtain hanging in the opposite corner
    • The edge of a wine cask.
    • A bit of dust that layers the floor

Those of you with low-light vision can see all of the above and:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The stabe is larger than it looks, large enough to fit about three horses. Also, a couple bails of hay sit in front of it.
    • A spare anchor resting against one wall, attached to a long length of rope.
    • A couple of hunting nets rest on the ground, still in decent condition.

Those of you with darkvision out to at least 60 feet can see all of the above (including low-light vision things) and:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • A second wine cask seems to be hiding behind the first
    • A harpoon hangs on the far wal, about 6 feet above the ground.
    • The curtain in the corner seems to cut off an entire 10-foot cube of the area. Whatever's behind it is big.
    • You notice that the orlop of the ship kind of cuts into to hold, meaning that the ceiling is higher near the stern than near the bow.

Garen also sees:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you move down after the gnome, the gnome bows down and gestures to a corner of the room, in which you notice another figure standing quite still, barely illuminated in the low light. As the figure approaches close enough for you to get a clear look, you recognize him instantly.
    Rabbedon Rixx was just ugly enough to be considered impossible to look away from, like the sight of a murder. Even though Zarsh acknowledged that Rabbedon was his son (if an illegitimate one), he had never discussed the mother, leaving everyone guessing even after the man's death. Looking at him, Rabbedon seemed to have the worst and most recognizable traits of about fifteen distinct races.
    You've rarely seen Rabbedon except at the rare family functions he is permitted to attend. You've heard that he's made himself a living on Caerin as a decent Counterfeiter but Zarsh never permitted him to leave the island for some reason that he never felt like sharing. And now, miles and miles away from Caerin, Rabbedon Rixx is looking you in the eye, holding up his hands to show he means no harm.
    "Sorry about this roundabout method but I was sent to talk to you, brother, and to make sure nobody saw us. Walls have eyes and all of that, you know. Big changes are happening on the island and you may have to cut your travels a bit shorter than planned. How fast do you think you could return to Caerin if you needed to."

You have a single round to respond before the gnome points to a shadow moving on the wall and Rabbedon silently curses. Whatever the newcomer does, it is only one more round until more interlopers arrive.

After Garren takes his action, Darrius also sees:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you start climbing down the rope, you hear bits and pieces of whispered conversation. (make a DC 20 listen check to hear Garen's next response, if verbal). About half-way down, you notice an indescribably ugly man in a green robe staring right at you, standing next to Garen and the gnome. All is silent by the time you reach the bottom.

You have a single round to respond to this situation in one way or another before you hear the grating move once more, meaning that someone else is coming down.

After Darrius takes his action, Cal and Chrak also see:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you go down, you see quite a collection of passengers have already assembled in the hold... for some reason. You see both of the last-minute passengers (the cloaked one is revealing his face, a face more than ugly enough to small children cry) along with the slick human who bought passage aboard (Cal thinks that the name was Garen) and the mercant (Darrius, if Cal's memory hasn't failed him).
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-04-27 at 02:00 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"What in name of the gods is going on in here!" Cal yells. "This is a cargo hold, not a lounge! All passengers need to leave now!"
    Cal normally wouldn't care about such a thing, but he can't let the passengers know about the mother rat.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-27 at 02:15 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Chrak says nothing, but a series of rapid clicks escapes his mandibles. The sound is obviously a warning of some sort.
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

*Glug, glug*

Will saves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]
    (1d20+6)[22]
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Andromalia takes the bottle next, only sipping at it first, then taking a large swig.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Last edited by Iun; 2010-04-27 at 08:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

The gnome's and cloaked figure's behavior look a bit more shady than usual for merchants, an apparently influential family being involved further underlining this. Fayd keeps it in the back of his head, but it isn't really worrying right now. Once he can take a short break, he stands by the rail, looking onto the sea. If you are somewhere out there, please give me a sign. After a few minutes, he continues with his work, taking a look at the sea every now and then, like he usually does. Fayd can only wait and see right now, maybe he can at least do the check-up.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Tetelo smiles and waves back at Armstrong. She'd known him since he was a polyp. More or less. She turns from the rail and examines the ship once more with a half-lidded eye, noting without much interest the procession down into the hold. Instead, she turns her eyes to the sea and the sky, attuning her ears to hear the creak of wood and the billowing of sails filled. It was music to her.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Drink up, friends! A voyage is no fun without a nice buzz on." Caine exclaims, passing out some ale among his new found comrades. The man himself sips on a bottle he pulled out, giving a nice sigh of pleasure. "Mm, a nice year, this one. I believe this year would also be familiar to a young duchess whose fiery passions ignited me once upon a time. Ah, it was a nice fall, when we locked in an embrace of love," He took another drink, "Or was it that dutches.. hmm... I suppose it wouldn't do to ask, hm?" He burst out with uproarious laughter and took a large swig. "Someone find me that brew I keep smelling."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Travellin' wiv 'is very own bar, now that's a man to my taste. Cheers, mate!"

Her sea sickness apparently forgotten, Andromalia takes a few healthy swigs from the ale.

"So, woz that about a duchess?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigurd briefly swipes the bottle and takes a healthy drink as well, savoring the vaguely-familiar sensation of this particular brew before passing it back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save - (1d20+4)[13]

13. - Top - End - #193

Garen kept his calm demenor, his mind racing in confusion. "I was actually headed there, Brother Rabbedon. Planning on taking a ship out from Pemrose at the first opporitunity. Now, perhaps you could tell me the details..."

In a split second after the gnome points, Garen's twist his fingers quickly, calling four lights as bright as torches to appear. If it came to a fight, vision would be required.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garen cast Dancing Lights, creating four lights as bright at torches.
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius

Just as his draconian eyes adjust to the dark the dancing lights illuminate the hold and throw his vision out of whack again. For a moment he says nothing as his eyes adjust. He glances to Cal as he commands the passengers out of the hold, "I'm a merchant, sir. I'm merely inspecting the hold. If I intend to one day use this craft as a main means of transporting my goods I must be sure that the hold is in good order. Unless, of course, you would prefer I take my business elsewhere in the future."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

15. - Top - End - #195

Garen nods politely at Cal and Chrak, putting on a pleasant facade. "I have the same reason as the merchant, I must admit." He gestures toward the gnome and continues, "This man informed me I had damaged cargo below deck and was helping me confirm this. I apologize if I broke any ship rules."He gave a curt, but respectful, bow. "Now, my friends, let us return to our quarters to continue this discussion." Garen began his way back up, nodding to his compatriots to join him.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Sasha watches the crew and those who just came aboard with interest, watchin the crew work and trying to find their rythme and watchin the passengers for what THEY are up to. Its always good to watch those around you indeed!
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the Hold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the torchlike glow, the entire hold becomes more or less visible to everyone in the hold (feel free to click on the darkvision and low-light vision spoilers of the previous post). Garen quickly climbs up the rope, followed by the gnome and the cloaked figure, who (thank god!) replaces his hood. With this done, Darrius is left in the hold along with the two crew members.

Darrius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    looking around quickly, you notice that one of the crates of herbs has been tampered with. Apparently the cook really had taken some of the cargo. Perhaps that was the "damage" in question...

You also note that the curtain in the corner seems to move a bit as if by some unfelt breeze. A bit of smoke also fills the air down here.

Chrak + Cal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    with the area luminated, you notice that a decent amount of smoke is in the air down here. Also, the curtain in the corner seems to be moving as if due to some unfelt breeze.

Up on deck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right as the merchant climbs down the rope, light starts shining from the hold, although a rowboat blocks out most of the scene. Under a minute after Cal and K'kichrak follow them down, the cloaked figure, gnome, and suave human all climb out of the hold. The gnome and cloaked figure both start walking back downstairs.
    The elf on board walks over to Fayd and offers a handshake. "Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you bear the name "Harrad".. At least five crewmen stop in their tracks as the elf finally talks.

In the Hallway:
    Spoiler
    Show
    though most people assembled drink without any problems, both Sigurd and Uukoo have a somewhat relaxed look come over their face. The moment that they see each other, each one knows that the other is affected. The only question is who will act first...if anyone.

In the Sky:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hadozee continues callng up to Malon despite having not recieved any response by now. "Why are you always so silent, huh? Are you a mute like Tim downstairs. Maybe you're like that grump elf butyou don't look that grumpy to me. Oh, maybe you don't understand common. That would be a bit of a problem, wouldn't it..."

In the Woman's Quarters
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Dalias stares out the porthole, she can hear the crash of small waves against the ship, cries of the ocean of lamenting at having lost claim to her soul so long ago. Even now, the ocean hunts her, ever ready to swallow her whole one more time.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-04-27 at 04:52 PM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

"More of this blasted smoke! I can't track movement like this." Chrak shakes his head, as if trying to clear the smoke away. "Fine... Are we going to do this or not, Cal?"
    Fluff | Crunch

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. And you are?" Fayd examines the elf and accepts the handshake once he introduces himself. His family isn't exactly well-known, so he decides to be careful until he knows more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive check (1d20+9)[11]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cal will look at his insect companion. "Might as well do this now. Its better that Mr.Darius knows the truth then thinks the cargo is on fire."

Cal will then take his sword out and motion to move the curtain.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-27 at 07:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

"Well, that was an amusing interlude," commented Garen with an (almost) sincere laugh as the trio began their way below deck again. "Now, brother, perhaps you could fill me in with more details of home. I suggest acting natural: a casual conversation will draw much less suspicion than a whispered conference."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree, Cal. Let us finish our mission." Chrak's antennae begin twitching again, but not nearly as rapidly. He almost looks... Excited?
    Fluff | Crunch

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On the Deck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The elf thinks for a long second before replying. "I'm just a sailor, I guess, a sailor with a long, long memory. I was a guest of the Mendarins for a year after an accident at sea. You have a bit of the Harrad look to you... something about the eyes, probably. Hmmm... and I thought I'd never get a chance to repay my debt in this life..." With a short chuckle, the elf walks off and resumes his working. When the other crewmen bombard him with questions, the elf resumes his normal silence.

Looking around, Sasha sees a good deal of what's going on. The captain is standing at the helm, holding the wheel in both hands and gazing off into the horizon. A half-orc stands nearby, ready to take the wheel if the captain must leave.
    Both you and the mute work on keeping the fore mast under control and Audre is working with half of the other human crewmen to secure the main mast. The darfellans are largely goofing off at this point, singing their song (apparently called the wild blue depths) at a good volume.
    The remaining human workers lean against the railing (except for one, who seems a bit seasick) and start singing along with the darfellans, accompanying the hum of the half-orcs. The half-orcs in question are retrieving a couple small shining bottles from a wooden bucket near the captain's cabin, each one of which glows with the brightness of a torch, and spreading them sparringly across the ship.
    You see the elf and doctor speak briefly before splitting up and watch as both of the last-minute guests climb out of the hold and walk back down under the deck along with the suave-looking human. The halfling seems be be talking to Mr. Ergin in one corner of the main deck as he keeps a close eye on everybody.
    At the edges of your sight, you can see the hadozee up above talking... or trying to talk... with the flying merfolk. Also, the other fey-like woman seems to be looking over the side of the boat by the stern.

The last rays of sunlight have just vanished away, leaving the chilly sea breeze to whip across your faces in naught but the light of the few bottles and that of the moon and stars above.

In the orlop (hallway):
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Garen, the gnome,and a new cloaked guest walk by, the cloaked one is speaking in a jovial tone (one that doesn't quite match his gravelly voice), as if discussing the local gossip. "You remember old Malky's daughter, Elizabeth? It seems that she was called back to the island and got married to Mr. S. Not the geezer, mind you, but the geezer's son..." by the time this is spoken, both the cloaked figure and Garen have entered the cabin. The gnome stays behind for a moment, noticing that the braggart wine has been partially drained. The Gnome calls out "I'm the king of the ocean." in his yappy voice before joining the others in the cabin.
    Eurus and Uukoo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    make a Sense Motive check against a DC of (1d20+10)[29]. If you fail, you earnestly believe the gnome's claim for the next five rounds (more if you fail another Will save at the end of this time). Further lies will also work in this way until the effect ends.

In the Men's Cabin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cloaked passenger goes on to say "The old geezer wasn't happy with this, what with losing control of the business to Malky and all. He left his home and is staying with Aunt Alecia for the moment, acting as a... consultant. I shouldn't have to tell you that this merger of families could be a very bad thing for us all."

IN THE HOLD:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving aside the curtain, you reveal was at first appears to be a giant blob of fur, about 10 feet wide and 10 feet high. Roll after roll of fat blackened skin covered in sparse grey fur covers the area. Even more disturbing, you can see smoke rise up from the skin and see something roil perpetually underneath the blob's flesh. At long last, looking down, you see a couple of rat-like paws, sized appropriately for an average-sized rodent. Hearing a soft squeak, you finally notice its head peering out at you from beneath a few dozen flaps of fat. The head is proportionately larger, at least one and a half-feet long (though most of that is lost under the flaps of fat).

After quickly looking around, the rat opens its mouth and seems to gag a bit before breathing a fiery gout of... rat? Yes, it has exhaled a fiery rat like those you fought earlier, a rat that goes flying across the room and lands next to the wall of the hold. The rat in question looks around briefly before scuttling off towards the other side of the room.
    As it was a ranged attack, both Chrak and Cal may make attacks of opportunity.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius

The merchant was edging towards the cracked open spices to check for any signs of a to and a from and perhaps other information on the crate itself when the two crewmen head over to the curtain after a few words and toss it open. Darrius's eyes may be rather good for a humanoid, taking after dragons after all, but the smoke gives him a few moments of trouble.

And then a rat flies out of nowhere and out into the hold. "The hell?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If Cal and Chrak seem intently focused on the mother-rat and not the newly spawned one I'd like to bring out my blade and throw it. He WILL NOT materialize the blade if anyone seems to be watching.

Move action to shape and standard to throw, if it is visible. Range increment of 30ft. Swift action to Invest 2 Essentia, borrowing 1 from Enigma Helm
    Ranged Attack: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[8]

If he cannot see it he will try to find it and not shape the blade. If I don't get a post in before an update assume either stabbing it with the blade if he can remain unseen and has actions to materialize, attack, and free action to drop (and dissipate) it. If he is being watched, "hey, over here" or something, +6 to hit with 1d3+3 claws (+6 as standard, +6/+6 as fullround) if in a dire spot.

Edit: Oh, if someone does manage to see him, its a gleaming blue blade, though it does not provide illumination, that looks almost like a wave cresting. As it is currently a Sundering weapon I'd play that up some (wave crashes in and explodes with force on a sunder) but its more like the Water Elemental attack animation for Warcraft 3 (dunno if its the same in WoW, never played) when I throw it. Just a stream/bolt of water jumping the distance.
    Edit2: Given the below, I'm probably being the combat useless merchant for this one. XD
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-04-28 at 02:44 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

After swinging at the fat rat Cal will tumble backwards and attack the smaller one, hoping to kill it before it can start a fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of opportunity: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]
    Since the plan was for Chrak and Cal to flank the rat I will make a sneak attack roll thinking that we stuck with that plan: (2d6)[8]
    Tumble: (1d20+10)[16]
    Regular Attack: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    If the smaller rat is more then 15 feet away, then forget the tumble. Cal will just charge it.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-28 at 02:41 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalias shivers at the sound of the waves, unconsciously hugging herself. The moment she realizes what she's doing, she forces her arms stiffly to her side. Grimacing, she strides out into the hallway, then towards the deck. She doesn't really have a purpose except to move and try to forget what's best forgotten.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Good for you, then." Fayd keeps his eyes on the elf for a few seconds before finishing up his work for now. That didn't sound very promising. I'm pretty sure both Inalia and Morgan accepted that it was an accident, so that leaves only one... He looks onto the ocean again while he clears his head. There is no need to jump to conclusions, but he should stay on guard. A warm light is barely visible between his hands as he warms them and decides to go to his quarters for now. His supplies need to be arranged, they might be needed in the near future.

Spoiler
    Show
    The people mentioned in the post are half-elven matriarch Inalia Mendarin and her human husband Morgan.

Inalia was once the only heiress of the Mendarin bloodline and had to become her family's matriarch before she even turned 20 when her parents were taken by the sea. She is only a few years older than Tyrone and currently approaches her mid-fifties. The matriarch possesses great wisdom and knowledge, effortlessly combining down-to-earth practicality and spirituality aided by her powers. Riya's death left a big mark on her (especially due to the similarity to Inalia's parents' deaths) and while she understands the circumstances, she also knows that the wounds will take a long time to heal. Was in love with Tyrone before he met Serah, but they decided to end the relationship to preserve the Mendarin bloodline.

Added the bit to the end of the backstory box on the sheet.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2010-04-28 at 07:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208

For the first time since he arrived on the boat, Garen's smile fades into a stern grimace. "...I won't lie, brother. I was sincerely hoping you had better news..." The changeling paced about the cabid, contemplating. "What is it that you advise, brother? Garen didn't like following this line of logic, but he knew what was required: someone had to die.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rabbedon settles his face into a matching frown as he continues. "When the family needs your assistance, you'll be the first to know. Not much to do right now, I fear. Keep your eyes and ears open and try not to cause too much trouble. A few associates have already... left the archipelago since the wedding."
    Rab scowls even deeper as he continues. "The family won't have much work for you until we find a chance to end this merger, I'm afraid. They know you're too valuable an asset to put into harm's way. Expect to be dragged back home the moment Aunt Alecia finds a chance to make things right. Until then, enjoy your vacation, I guess."
    Rab detaches a pouch aound his shoulder and holds it out in front of him. "I've been sent with some gold to help you get by. Don't squander it."

30. - Top - End - #210

"Heh, no need to worry about me, brother." replied Garen, taking the pouch without counting it. "Like I said, my intention is to head back to Caerin as soon as possible...but maybe I'll stick around Pemrose or a bit. Try to gether intelligence for the family." The changeling gives a quick bow, assuming Reb has nothing else to say.