New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight IV: No More Heroes! (Now also lynching Sword of Truth!)

Sylar
    Sylar tries to scream, clench the coin, anything. Any control, any way to signal the problem. He'd just won. He'd stared down Nicky; everything he used to be. Damnit, it was supposed to be over. Why couldn't it be over!?
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanya
    You take the wrong way to the medical bay, and find yourself watching Sylar's inner battle.

Sylar
    You know, know, if you could just make yourself unclench the coin, it would all be over. but try as you might, you just can't.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-07-03 at 11:14 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

Sanya looks and blinks in alarm.

"Sparks!!! He's being possessed by a Fallen Angel in coin in his hand! He's trying to fight it, but he needs to let it go, give it up!"

He tries moving forward, but staggers to to the side; he's ver klempt.

Quickly, he pulls out the knuckle Taser, with a silk handkerchief embroidered with silver crosses nestled in the grip, and tosses it to Jenny.

"Get him to drop the coin, and be sure to pick it up with Hankie!!"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-03 at 11:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

"Right. Sorry Bob. This might tingle."

This would be an understatement. She can't use the taser; he has her ability, therefore, the electricity would only help him. Thankfully, she had several years of special ops training; in the fifties and sixties with England, and more recently, with Stormwatch.

A nerve paralysis technique to the wrist makes his fingers unclench and open; she reaches in with the embroidered cloth, and snatches the denarius.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

Heinkel appears beside Archer, and has her guns out. Then she flinches. She remembers this. "Hyu haff any ideas, Spirit?" She asks, conserving ammunition. They both know her bullets don't help, even a little.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylar
    The coin slips out of your hand, and into the hanky. Once more, you are Bob, any memory of Sylar gone. Including what just happened there.

Archer
    The bonesword hits the beast with a painful impact. It's hurt far more easily this time, and spills a caustic mass of acid everywhere.
    It doesn't regenerate either. But due to it's lack of discernible anatomy, you have no idea if you hurt it or not.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #427

'Bob'
    Bob looks up at the people around him, "Jenny? What's going on?" There's almost a child-like innocence in the question.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

She's kneeling over him. She looks relieved.

"You were possessed by a Fallen Angel. Apparently, it didn't want you to turn over a new leaf. You feeling any better?"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #429

'Bob'
    "Yeah. Yeah, I think I do. It feels like a brand new day. I don't actually know what happened...but thank you. Really, thank you." He felt like something new. There was no voice for once. He didn't know how it happened...but for a moment the voice was quite. There was no hunger.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

"If you have any problems, don't hesitate to tell me or anyone else." Jenny holds out a hand, helps him to his feet.

"Come on. I still want to get you to the medical bay, run some tests. And there are a few things I want to discuss with you later. But that can wait. You're good. It's going to be fine."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #431
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

With the crisis averted, Sanya limps over to "Bob's" side. He takes the cloth-wrapped Denarii from Jenny, and puts it into the side pocket of his duffel, and zipps it closed.

Then he bends over "Bob".

"Are you alright, Gospodin?" As the man recover and responds, Sanya nods with a smile. As he allows Jenny to take him over to the med-bay for treatment, he gestures Bob over.

"First, I very much applaud your strength in resisting the temptations of the Fallen. Since you had chosen to taken up the coin, whether you remember or not, and then willingly chose to give it up, you do not have any shadow of the Fallen 'Leviathan' nestling in your head. So Hooray!!!"

{I believe this is true. Even though Sylar was torn over giving up the coin, for all practical purposes he intended to, and him dropping the coin as assisted by Jenny was the symbolic act necessary to get the Fallen out of his head.}

His face turns thoughtful.

"Is it true, then, that you lost memory?"

Archer

The spirit stares ahead at the regenerating creature, snarling slightly.

"I can only analyze it's nature so much. What I know is this: It's is a creature summoned from a afterlife catagory based dimension, and will return to this world from there every time it is destroyed. My best guess is that it can only be killed in it's native dimension, the finding of which would be dangerous and impractical given the current amount of Mana I have access too."

The last sentence is given with slight jab at the power of his current Master.

"It could possibly be imprisoned alive; it has not displayed any teleportation powers."

Beneath Archer's feet, he can feel energy pulsing all around, a raw rip in the dimensional barriers that the Carrier harnessed, energy that allowed it to open Doors all over the universe. He raises an eyebrow.

"Do you think exposure to the vacuum of space would harm it?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-04 at 12:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432

Bob
    "Yeah; I...I feel great." A smile spreads across Bob's face as he get's up. A real smile, rather than the usual smirk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

Jenny guides him to the medical bay, and indicates one of the beds.

"We have spare bedrooms(lots of them, really), but this way we're all on the same floor. We also want to make sure you're fine. The bed's hooked up to all sorts of sensors; if something's wrong, we'll know."

Jenny suddenly smiles.

"You know, I called you Bob as a joke. My habit of giving nicknames to everybody. What do you want to be called?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #434
    Pixie in the Playground

Heinkel
    She ignores his jab. Mostly because, given the level of training she has been given, she's almost completely unaware what he means. "Vell, if it can be imprisoned, zen zis ist the place, ja? Ve have already imprisoned Apollo, afterall." She says, stepping behind him.
    "But space ist a bad idea. Vhat's to stop it coming back in a form zat can survive?"

Ozymandius stares up as you arrive. "So you sorted it out, then?"
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-07-04 at 12:12 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435

???
    "...I don't know. I don't really know anything anymore. Before you found me, there's just a big gap. There was before, I think, but it was less noticeable. I don't really know exactly what I am anymore. I don't really have anything to go on. Heh. Aren't mother's suppose to name their kids?" The-amnesiac-formerly-known-as-Sylar says.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

A medium sized, good looking man in a black suit, nice shirt, no tie, steps behind Jenny. He's wearing no shoes, and his bare feet make a slight clinking noise with every step.
    "Bob suits you." Hawksmoor says, giving you a slight smile, though there is a haunted look in his eyes, and a slightly forced aspect. "It'll take you a while to grow into it, though. So you're the other new kid?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

"Jack. Nice to see you've recovered. Tomorrow night, I expect a full explanation on why we've taken over the United States, and a plan for safely getting out of there. Tomorrow, I've got the guy who killed Angie in the Doctor's former room, high on god-knows-what. for you as a special present. Tonight, I'm off. Not because I'm tired of you, Bob, but Shen is waiting in my room. If the world isn't ending again, I'm not to be disturbed."

Jenny walks out of the medical bay, whistling as she does so. She turns to her room, and opens the door. She can't believe she's actually nervous at this point.

"Shen?"
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-07-04 at 12:19 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer

"Point taken. We must ascertain what technologies and options are available to us."

He suddenly teleports on top of the reforming beast, and slices it up a bit more with his blades, then teleports back to Heinkel's side.

"Hit and run attacks like so impair it's regeneration for a time. What would be useful is a Holy weapon or some form of stasis field generator. Hold a moment."

He teleports back to the bridge, and says in a clearly annoyed voice:

"What's taking you so long? Evil being in cargo hold. Need help, and any stasis field generators or cryogenic freezing devices if possible. Anything that can immobilize this creature."

With that, he teleport back.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

Hearing Archer's announcement, she pauses for a moment...then continues walking. Jack can deal with it. The world hasn't ended yet.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

"I do like Bob." the Agnostic-Communist Knight of the Cross says, in a cheery tone, finally relaxing for once as he lies back and gets treated by an attractive girl.

"Perhaps the full version of name, to reflect maturity. Robert sound good?"

His eyes grow more serious.

"There is one decision you should address. Currently you have memory loss. You may also have once been man with dark past. There are ways of undoing such tampering with the mind. Question is: would you prefer to know who you used to be, so that you can move beyond it, or would you prefer to have a blank slate to start anew with? Don't have to make choice anytime soon, but is something you have a right to."

He pauses, then adds in a pondering tone.

"There is also option of learning who you are in third person, rather than directly experiencing memories. Either way, it is decision you have a right to make yourself."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-04 at 12:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Robert
    "Robert...I like it. I want to know who I was. That's for certain...but not if it costs what I have. I can guess why I was holding onto that coin; and I don't want to rely on something like that." Bob lays his head back against the pillow, "Whatever took my memory away in the first place...can be reversed. I just need to find out what it was."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #442
    Pixie in the Playground

Ozymandius
    "I'm afraid not. Even as the serial killer he was only of passing interest to me at the time." He lies glibly. "But he is trying to form a new identity, much like most of us have. With the exception of you of course Jenny." He says, inclining his head.
    "It's not about protecting our identity, I am just as capable in most situations. It's about becoming. Put aside everything, drag the hero from the depths of your soul, and become something else. Who do you think you are?"

Heinkel
    "Nein. It can regenerate." She says. "If we kill it, it vill return, and zen vhat?" She steps back and purses her lips. "Ve should not waste ourselves."

23. - Top - End - #443

Robert
    "I don't know what I am. I just know it's good." Bob shakes his head, "It's all a simple matter of finding out why I lost my memories in the first place. And, considering where I am, I've got all the time in the world."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

24. - Top - End - #444
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

Sanya nods. "Good answer, Gospodin Robert."

He frowns. "In meantime, what about scary Blood Beast in Cargo Hold? What are our options?"

{How exactly is the med-tech of the Carrier treating his wounds. It would be an interesting description.}

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenny Sparks
    Shen is washing herself. She's completely naked, and it occurs to you that despite having the least impressive powers she's come out of this in the best shape. Her arm is still in the sling, There are burns on her back as a concequence of her saving Sanya from dragonfire, and she has earned a few more cuts that have thoughtfully avoided her face.
    She smiles, then pounces, pressing herself against you. "You shouldn't keep me waiting like that. I get lonely." She says softly, before kissing your neck.
    Then she steps back and points to the bed. At first, you misinterpret her meaning, but then you spy a dress set out for you on the covers.
    "I'd be dressed already, but someone is in my room, so I'll have to pick something out from your things. And since I'm dressing you, you can dress me."

Archer
    The thing begins thrashing harder and faster, so that approaching it from any direction is a good way to get torn to pieces.
    It lets out a slobbering roar, again, quite different from the sounds it was making last time, and advances towards you, destroying everything in reach.

Medical bay
    Jack leaves with an evil grin on his face. It's enough to make Sanya wince.

A machine is taking readings, while another systematically scans him. It seems fairly standard, at this point anyway, while several don't seem to be doing anything at all.
    On no real discernible signal, one unfolds over Sanya's arm, removing the brace and splint. It then sprays something over them, which hardens into a odd, see-through cast.
    Midnighter is being stitched up, layer by layer, muscle by muscle to repair his almost lost arm. His bone has already been repaired in a matter uncomfortably like welding, and now his muscles are having the ends rewoven, like some bizarre, weaving machine. He is bleeding again, and the blood is being directed into a funnel and sampled, the results displayed on a screen near his head.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-07-04 at 12:45 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

((it isn't exactly shown. It's just referenced. I'd imagine robotic arms on the bed. But I don't know myself.))

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #447
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

Sanya winces.

Archer

"Hmmm. We must evade it, keep it this location until a means of containment presents itself."

Archer borrows a page from his Summoner's book, and summons a pair of spears and throws them at the blood beast. Then he summons more, rinses and repeats.

The spears stuck in the Beast's side disappear after a certain amount of time, sudden leaving deep wounds that acid blood flows out of.

{Can Archer do this?}
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-04 at 12:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

Heinkel
    The nun, once, had thought of learning the technique, endlessly summoning bullets and never reloading. It had jammed her guns, and almost cost her her life. It was not, she'd discovered, a precise art.
    She begins shooting, taking care to spray her bullets over a wide area to maximize her chances of doing damage.
    "Vell, perhaps ve should consider something a bit more direct." She says. "It followed us here, so it can cross dimensions. But ve know it can't cross distance in an instant, after vhat I did. Ve must put it somevhere it cannot escape from."

Ozymandius
    Adrian, who has designed similar machines, simply watches the readings.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-07-04 at 05:11 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

The Midnighter

He's used to the procedure. It's painful, it stings, and its humiliating, but it works. It's worse now, though; Angie would always come in to check up. She made the time pass by quicker. A few jokes, a clever story...it was nice.

"You get used to it. Hopefully, you won't though."

Jenny Sparks

"Sorry. I just reformed a serial killer. Not Kira. Bob. I think he might join us, actually."

Jenny stares at the dress, then glares at Shen. Hard. Then she slips out of her now filthy white suit.

"If it was any other person, Shen, they'd be in the electric chair. And I think you are perfectly fine without dressing up. I'm not leaving this room for anything less than the apocalypse for another eight hours."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenny Sparks
    Shen doesn't mention her brief thought that maybe he could replace Rose. Too soon, for one thing. Instead she gets straight to the heart of the matter.
    "No dancing?" Shen says, looking hurt. Then a wicked gleam comes into her eyes. "Fine. But as my backs sore..."
    With a single movement she pushes you onto the bed and straddles your hips "I get to be on top."

Midnighter
    The machine places a piece of metal unsettling like a horses bit, with leather on both sides in case you want to bite down, between your teeth. Apparently you are not supposed to be talking.

Archer
    (Sure)
    A tentacle whips out, going for your throat. Then another, and a second, a third, until what seems like hundreds are lashing at you. Some have bony protrusions, others have spines or hooks, even the ones that don't have gasping succkers, and all are strong and nearly as fast as you.

Heinkel
    You hurt it, but don't damage it as much as you'd hope. It doesn't pay you much mind, focusing on Archer for the moment.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-07-04 at 02:18 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.