New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight IV: No More Heroes!

Light
    Light looks over at Apollo as he begins counting down the forty seconds. If his guess is right and the spell is dependent on her, this should be over. If it's wrong, he should have gone with his first instinct and killed Apollo...although then Midnighter would have killed him, so that just wasn't feasible.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bride
    You are binding each others wounds as best you can when the four of them arrive.
    Bill is dressed in a casual suit, then suits him fine. His sword is resting on one shoulder, and he has a gun at his hip, cowboy style. He's even got the hat, which suits him. His other hand is holding three severed heads, all of which were very attractive until he used his sword on them. They are sparkling in the sunlight as though they were dipped in glitter.
    Vernita Green is at his left shoulder, dressed in jeans and a shirt. She'd look casual, except that she's got eight knives of various styles and makes belted to her body. Why does she need eight knives? Well as she puts it, some for cutting, some for stabbing, one for throwing, and one for making the bitch scream. She flashes you a smile.
    Elle Driver is there, dressed in a far more professional suit then Bills. She sneers at you, making no attempt to mask her dislike. You wonder how Bill got her to come, until it occurs to you that knowing you needed her help will probably keep her warm at night for the next four years. Evil bitch.
    O-Ren is at Bill's right, in a white dress. She looks stunning, but the, you've never known her to look anything but her best when she goes killing. Professional courtesy. She gives you a smile and a wave.
    Bill closes the intervening four steps before you can say more then a few words and pulls you into an embrace, kissing you on the cheek. "Look at you, Kiddo." He chuckles. "No one can get into trouble like you."
    He tosses the heads aside. "So, I hear there is a vampire lord to kill?" Elle scoffs, but Bill pretends not to notice. If he has a flaw, it's his way of pretending that everyone gets on. "I mean, if super heroes, why not vampires?"

Travis, of course, is dry-mouthed at all the pretty ladies. Suddenly the job offer is a lot more tempting.

Sylar
    The dragons huge claws bat at you, but you manage to move out of their way. Then something sharp pecks at your back. And another, as a swarm of birds, bats, and other fliers bite and claw at you, interfering with your concentration and causing you no small amount of pain.
    You do learn a little more. His body is a fold in space, that leads to another dimension where he keeps all his beasts. He must constantly feed to sustain himself, which isn't a problem, given how many beings he's devoured over the last few days.
    But what he really wants is what you want. To become more. To understand himself. You can sympathize.

Johnny Blaze
    Hawksmoor shakes his head. "Wait." He cautions, staring at the screen. "It's about to do something."
    As a superhero, you know as well as he does that you never attack something in the midst of transforming or revealing a new ability. It always just makes things worse.

Archer, Jenny Sparks, Heinkel, Sanya
    The beasts all drawn back into itself, Nrvnqsr Chaos raises his arms, and seems to shudder as if in pain. What emerges from him this time is hard to distinguish, it appears to be a bubble of darkness, functioning essentially like a black hole, and you find yourselves drawn towards it, unable or unwilling to escape it's deadly pull. A huge eye the size of a person opens in it, turning it's gaze on you.
    "There is no escape." He intones.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-25 at 07:38 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghost Rider

"Damnit!" Johhny abandons the weapons console for a second and goes to the comms setting about to access the normal phone lines. Things are getting crazy and he needs the help of someone who knows more about monsters than anyone he has ever met. "ARMOR Central Headquarters, I need to talk to Doctor Michael Morbius, clearance, Midnight Sons."

The Bride

The assasin has to fight off the urge to hug Bill right then and there but resists to avoid losing face in front of Elle and Travis. "Thanks for coming to the rescuse."

She points out the boys, "This is Travis and Sam, Boys meet the Deadly Viper Assasination Squad. Now that the introductions are out of the way we got a vampire to kill."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya:

He grits his teeth, resisting the sucking effect, and then raises up Esperacchius with a cry of defiance. The Light of the Sword doubles in potency, and suddenly, the light spreads over Sanya too, and his clothes turn pure white. The pressure on his mind and body ceases, and he takes a voluntary step forward, eyes blazing.

"Murderer! Devourer! Lonely Old Glutton! There Shall Be No More Death For You, No More Escape! For All the Suffering You've Inflicted, For All the Spirits You've Enslaved, You Shall Face Justice!"

He cuts at the air in front of the mass Nrvnqsr Chaos has summoned, and the sucking effect is suddenly shattered. Everyone around him feels something, something that counteracts the bleak dread that the Dead Apostle invokes.

Hope.

{And I hope this act isn't too implausible: it was done by a different Knight of the Cross to shatter the awful will of no less than 8 Vampire Gods}
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-06-25 at 11:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155

Sylar
    Sylar tries to fly up out of the Dragon's range back to the group; there was no way he could fight these things alone. The Lightning didn't work, things kept ruining his concentration and nothing else was powerful enough.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-06-25 at 02:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghost Rider
    Michael Mobius is in his lab, working on a biological mutagen. It's work significantly beneath his talents, but it needs to be done by someone, and he's more qualified then most.
    He considers letting the phone ring out, he doesn't particularly feel like being social, but in the end he picks it up. It might be important after all. It might not, but life was like that.
    "Johnny? Well this is a surprise. I got your call two days ago, but I've been held up here with caretaker, I'm afraid. What can I help you with?"

The Bride, Travis and Sam
    "Travis I've met. Well, talked to. Not to bad a conversationalist, and still alive so must be fair at the killing business as well." He says. Then looks at Sam.
    "Sam I haven't met." He says, and extends his hand. "I'm Bill Albacca. Let's be friends."

Sanya, Jenny, Heinkel, Sylar, Archer
    ((That's fine. Stuff like that I'm used to. It's stuff like detonating an atom bomb at Falkes that takes me by surprise))
    Chaos looks shocked, and surprised, the first emotion you've so far seen creep over his face. But it's gone in an instant, and instead he extends his hands. Black tendrils begin reaching from the hole towards you, each one bizare amalgamation of furred limbs, scales and feathers.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #157

Ghost Rider

"Long story short, I'm on board the Authority's Carrier trying to figure out whether or not it would be safe to blast some sort of dragon summoning demon called 'Nrvnqsr Chaos' with lightning. If anyone knows how to deal with rampaging monsters it would be the Doctor but he's dead so I'm asking you instead." Blaze explains keeping an eye on Jenny's battle.

"Time is of the essense, Jenny's got a field team about to be slaughtered by that thing down there."

The Bride

"Sam's not in our busniess, he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time with some weird family issues."

8. - Top - End - #158

Sylar
    Sylar keeps flying towards the roof where the main group was, and watching from afar as he gets closer twitches his eyes backwards to see what was following him as he gets closer to the roof.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghost Rider
    Mobius has never heard of the dead ancestor, for a similar reason that The Authority have never heard of Sylar. However, he is a professional, and knows to to act in these situations. Type the monster into the internet, discover what you can, and if necessary get a professional to hack into encrypted databases.
    "Well, Lightning is as good a choice as any, I suppose." He replies. Then he stops. "But if it's this," He says, as a page opens in front of him and he scans the information, "and it probably is, light is probably a better choice, or perhaps fire. It has... considerable defenses, and won't die unless you kill everything inside it at once. six hundred and sixty six creatures. So overwhelm it. Use everything you have." He says, still reading. "I don't suppose you have anything holy? It seems to be vulnerable to that as well..."
    As he says the last word, the strangest image of himself standing in a dark castle holding a sword that appears to be Excalibur pops into his head. He shakes his head to clear it, but the image won't go away. Perhaps there was something in the blood he just drank...
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-25 at 05:09 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #160

Ghost Rider

"Right, shoot everything I got at it. Thanks Michael, call me or Danny next time you need something sent Hell." Blaze cuts the comm signal.

"Hawksmore, I going to need more than lightning, I need light and fire based weapons. Got any bombs, lasers or anything magic on this thing?" As he talks Blaze focuses on infusing the weapons systems with his own brand of hellfire. It's not quite holy but demons tend to react favourably when exposed to it so it's a good substitute when the power of the heavens are in short supply.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Sam Oliver

"Hi Mr. Albacca."

Sam's wrist twitches. He's still far too pale.

"I would shake your hand, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. He he."

Jenny Sparks

There is little she can do, other than keep the assorted beasts from attacking Sanya. She's down to her last ten rounds. She had to make them count.

Oh, wait. There was one more thing she could do. Yell at Hawksmoor and Blaze.

Hurry up you ponces! I called for lightning, not a bloody tea party. Target me, dammit! Me!

The Midnighter

"Sorry dear."

In the past, he had sparred with his husband. Even without his battle computer, he'd be able to predict his actions. He didn't particularly like hurting his husband, but he didn't have a choice in the matter.

The Midnighter keeps his calculations rolling as he sends his other switchblade spinning towards Apollo. It wasn't meant to hit him; it served simply as a distraction. The quick jerk and refocusing of the metahuman's vision at the apparently incoming projectile was more than enough to buy the Midnighter time for his real assault.

Springing into action, the Midnighter bounds towards Apollo, quickly outracing his knife. He catches it, then with perfect timing and using the hilt, rather than the blade of the knife, taps his husband's earlobes, shattering them. Even Apollo has his weak points.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-06-25 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghost Rider
    "Yeah." Hawksmoor replies. "We got enough here to carve our initials big enough to be seen on Pluto. See those Red switches? Start flipping them. When you've flipped them all, fire away."

Midnighter
    ((I'm going to assume that's enough to incapacitate him))
    Apollo staggers, hands flying to his ears as you hit him, face squeezing up in pain as he falls to his knees.
    Richard and Kahlan have got away, though Light has made sure that Kahlan, at least, is dead. And Nicci is nothing more then a few floating atoms drifting on the wind.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-25 at 05:24 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #163

Ghost Rider

"Alright. Fire in the hole!" Blaze starts flipping red switches with one hand, as quickly as he can before pressing down on the fire button and raining death in the form of hellfire charged lightning, lasers and explosives upon Chaos. Anyone standing too close may want to back up.

14. - Top - End - #164

Light
    Light keeps his eyes on Apollo for a few more moments before turning to Midnighter, "Rahl's bleeding to death, and his protecter is dead. I assume you're more than ready to have your fun?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

The Midnighter

"Business before pleasure. Rahl first. Then Edward."

The Midnighter looks at the burned remains of the majority of the Death Note.

"What happens if the Death Note is broken? And someone's name was already in it, but they weren't dead?"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #166

Light
    "It doesn't cancel it, though I don't think anyone was in there on a ticking clock, why?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghost Rider
    Sylar, Archer, Jenny Sparks, Heinkel
    The weapons systems launch, and down comes a massive column of energy burning with the flames of hell that is so so raw, so stark, so incomprehensibly violent that it had to be seen to be even dimply appreciated. It simply cannot be described.
    The Soil of Genesis he summoned doesn't stand a chance. Nor, unfortunately, does the actual castle you are standing on, which begins to collapse as the weapons tear through the foundations and into the bedrock bellow. With a sound like a collapsing mountain, the people's palace groans and buckles, walls caving in and the roof collapsing in.

Sanya
    The blue coated figure staggers at the horrific impact of the blow, and trembles, but he's still alive. You know, with a sudden clarity, that he's defenseless, and will be vulnerable to your blow in this instant, but if you don't act soon he will recover.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya:

Sanya, face calm, raises Esperacchius to "Roof" Position, ready to slice at the many tentacles and tendrils and claws heading his way.

Then his skin begins to feel prickly, the air begins to smell like ozone, and he gets a very strong feeling that he should back away.

Now!!!

A discharge of energy rains down from the heavens, ripping into the undead monstrosity. Then it passes. The Creature is weakened, and still in human form. Sanya gives one final battle cry, the Light of the Sword blazing with White Fire, and sprints and leaps his way to Nrvnqsr Chaos, ignoring the collapsing building, until he stand right next to him.

"Moio sudno na vozdušnoy poduške polno ugrey, Chaos.." With all his strength, Sanya rams Esperacchius into Nrvnqsr Chaos's chest, up into his 'heart', and out the back of his head.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-06-25 at 05:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

The Midnighter

"I'm wondering if all the names you wrote down get reversed. Then we have to deal with Japanese zombies. Messy."

Jenny Sparks

"Right. Leaving now. Door. I said Door, damn it!"

The familiar golden square appears.

"Everybody in!"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #170

Ghost Rider

"Hawksmore! A door, get them a door!" Blaze yells in panic as his badly thought out plan leaves several people falling to their doom.

21. - Top - End - #171

Sylar
    Ignoring his first instincts Sylar flies as fast as he still can with the wings and attempts to grab each of them as they fall. He vaguely wonders if this is what it's like to be a 'hero.'

Light
    "No, no zombies. I wouldn't use the Death Note if that were possible."

Actually, is it possible to make zomibes, master?
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-06-25 at 05:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Heinkel leaps, grabs Sanya and teleports him through the door before they are caught in the rubble. The man is infuriating, and worse, a heathen, but God chose him and so it's her duty to see he survives. She appears next to Archer, grabs him as well, and then they reappear on the carrier next to Hawksmoor in a flutter of pages.
    She doesn't come back for the rest of the rest of them.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    "It is likely to occur as he says, master." The demon replies. As usual, he does not elaborate.

Everyone on the roof
    Sylar misses Heinkel, who proves more then able to deal with it herself. He does get Archer, but Swift beats him to Jenny and they make it through the portal.
    The sword cleaved apart Nrvnqsr Chaos, as well as tearing apart the remains of his soul. The essence of his reality marble collapses in a rush that hastens the destruction of Rahls fortress.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-25 at 05:51 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #174

Light
    Could you describe a way we could go about making zombies? If he answered yes and then didn't say anything else, Light was going to start considering death preferable.

Sylar
    Sylar looks down at the man he grabbed, "Any place you would like me to put you down, then?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya:

Sanya slumps down briefly in the safety of the Carrier, utterly exhausted. The Light of the Sword dies away, and he sheathes it wearily. After a moment, he looks up.

"Spascibo, Devoushka Heinkel." he says with deep gratitude. He opens his mouth to ask where the others are, when Swift, "Bob", and Jenny come flying through the Door just before it shuts.

"Ah." He stands up for a moment, and sets his currently heavy duffel bag on the ground. He flashes a tired grin. "What did I tell you? The fight did not go badly at all."

He pauses, then looks down at his clothes and bulletproof vest, now bleached utterly white from the "Ubercharge" moments before.

"Huh. I did not intend to look like glam rock star."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-06-25 at 06:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Light
    "You already have. Their souls are gone, but the conditions of death are reversed, in the cases of those who died of a heart attack. So their are five thousand two hundred and seventy eight of the walking dead in Japan, each governed by the mind of the greatest mass murderers of the era. Furthermore, there are seven hundred and ninety seven scattered around the rest of the world. Many were previously metahumans, dictators or the like. You were very thorough, as it turns out."
    He stirs inside you. "But your partner arranged your coup in regards to the Authority, Jenny Sparks shall still die on schedule."

Bridge on Authority
    Archer, carried by 'Bob', Jenny Sparks carried by Swift, Heinkel, Sanya, both Ghost Riders, Jules, and Hawksmoor are all present.
    Hawksmoor stirs again. "Alright, who the hell are all these people?" He asks weakly.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-25 at 06:04 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #177

Light
    Ah. Light stop for a second his composure at receiving an answer complete. For a minute.

WHAT!? How were the death conditions reversed? When did this happen? WHY did this happen?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

"Huh." Jenny brushes herself off. Her clothes are likewise wrecked. Hopefully, her wardrobe was left intact.

"Try Hawksmoor's room. You two should be about the same size. He only wears white collars and black suits though. Real drag." She ignores the fact that Hawksmoor is in front of her as she gives Sanya directions.

"Jack. In order, we have Crazy Vatican Woman, Black Russian...and Bob. Say hello, Bob."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-06-25 at 06:05 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenny Sparks
    This gets him riled "So you're giving my wardrobe away as well? When did this happen?" He says, struggling to sit up. Then his eyes fall on Bob. "Bob? Really Bob?"

Light
    "The note, when destroyed, lost it's power, and returned to the hands of the shinigami who gave it to you. Death is irreversible since blackest night, so they remain dead. But the rest... Well, you can imagine what happens when a dead heart begins beating again."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-25 at 06:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #180

Sylar
    Sylar looks up, deciding that not being Bob would be suicide for the moment, "Hello." Before looking down at Archer again, "Anywhere I should put him?"

Light
    So I have a legion of zombies at my command?
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-06-25 at 06:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar