New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight IV: No More Heroes!

Jenny Sparks

"No idea. Someone-not you, the thing's rusted-touched my bed when I was dead. Maybe Jenny Q. Maybe Shen. Maybe Angie. Doesn't matter. I'm too tired. Excuse me, Bob. Hawksmoor's room should be free. He's still in the infirmary. And if he tells you off, tell him I sent you. And that I'm asleep. He'll get the message."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sylar
    Sylar nods, moving out of the room and into the hallway and starts wandering around, trying to find...anywhere, actually. He didn't actually know where 'Hawksmoor' roomed. As he keeps walking, part of him starts talking again, in a low whisper, "We could kill them both. Think about it; we fully gain both electricity and whatever 'Hawesmoor' can do. It's the path to real power." Only for another voice to whisper, "She saved us, and he's injuried and weak. It wouldn't be right. We're better than this. Better than him." Sylar himself merely remains quiet as he continues to wander around.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

[What happened when Sanya shot at Richard?]

Sanya:

"That is unfair stereotype!" Sanya shouts in frustration. "Stereotype that some of my 'comrades' perpetuate, but still..."

He shakes his head and switches to automatic fire, riddling the face and eyes of the dragon with bullets while circling it in a zig-zag manner. When the receiver clicks open he shoulders his Kalashnikov and draws Esperacchius, divine energy wreathing the blade.

With his other hand, he draws a flash-bang from his pocket and pulls the pin out, trying out a trick his fellow 'employee' Michael described using during the fight where he met his future wife...

Evading the attacks of the Dragon as best as he can, Sanya waits for it to breath fire again. It does so, and just before the dragon closes it's mouth Sanya throws a fast curveball into the creature's maw. It remains to see whether it will disable the dragon long enough for Sanya to attack up close...
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-06-28 at 10:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Hunters
    As Sanya opens fire, Richard rolls of 'Scarlet's back, the bullets clattering harmlessly against it's armored hide. Richard drops into the hole they tore in the room, out of sight.
    Scarlet lets out a roar calculated to deafen and off put, then brings her enormous foreclaws to bear, swiping and lashing at the Hunters with the force of a wrecking ball. You'd suspect a monster that big to be slow. You'd be very wrong.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Ozymandius
    Adrian stops Sylar as he walks, his eyes narrowed intently. He doesn't say a word, he lets his actions speak for him.
    He has a suspicion about 'Bob', and wants to confirm it in the easiest way.

Heinkel
    Heinkel has hunted monsters, terrorists, undead, sorcerers and everything the world has thrown at her. But she's never had to fight a dragon until today, when she's been put up against three.
    As Sanya put it, Medieval times.
    She draws her guns, and takes careful aim, waiting for someone to draw it's attention, at which point she will go for it's eyes.

Anderson
    Anderson sprints after Richard, leaping down the hole after him, a maniacal smile on his face. The thought of loss doesn't even occur to him. Anderson is not one to doubt. It's both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

[Did the Flashbang work? If not, Sanya does this:]

Sanya

As Sanya jumps back from the creature's claws, another thing Michael Carpenter said about fighting dragons comes to him:

"Humans just can't compare to Dragons. At long range they can roast people alive with fire; that at least you can evade. But at close range they can shatter a spine with one blow, or swallow you in one gulp; and they're nigh-impossible to defend against. It's not wise to attack them up close, at least before disabling them somehow..."

"Midnighter!" Sanya says. "See what you can do with this!" He tosses a flash-bang to him, then reloads with Kalashnikov and joins Heinkel in trying to hit the eyes, moving all the while.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-06-29 at 11:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghost Rider

The fire doesn't bother Blaze in the least, in fact it makes him stronger. He pulls as much of the beast's fire as he can into himself and infuses it with the darkness of Hell as he spits it back out his mouth in a cone towards the dragon. "How about a taste of your own medicince."

Yes he actually says that, he feels quite bad about using such a cliched line but he uses it anyways.

The Bride

The Bride runs over their current assets "Sam's completely worn out, so no magic back up. Travis is still good so we got someone who can play the fool and still fight. Then we got this, whatever it is." The Bride holds up the device she lifted from the last vampire's ashes before tossing it to Bill.

"You have any idea what it is?"
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Sam

"Imnot...completelyuseless," Sam mumbles. "Lemme 'elp. plz."

The Midnighter

The Midnighter hefts the flashbang in his hand, and pulls the pin. He then throws it at the dragon's eye. By which he means to take the entire eyeball out; the equivalent of a bb buried in a normal human eye. A BB that would then heat up as the flash and bang portion activated three seconds later.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnny Blaze
    Dragons are completely fireproof likewise. And they have powerful magic, which is why even the most powerful wizards do their very best to leave them alone.
    Your hellfire robs the brilliance from some of it's bright red scales, leaving them dull and lusterless. It's an effect, though you are not sure how effective it can be said to be.

Sanya
    The flashbang goes of in it's mouth, making it's growl devolve into a pained snarl. The heat doesn't bother it, of course, but the shrapnel does, a little.

Midnighter
    Before it leaves your hands, you learn it won't work. The dragon has a third eyelid that is closed at the moment, which the flashbang will bounce off. Nature's top predator is very nearly invulnerable.

Anderson
    Richard is in a corridor, seven feet wide and sixty along. Long enough to swing his sword, but not long enough for two people to come at him at once. In truth, the perfect trap.
    "So you are first. I was hoping for the masked man, but you will do this time." He points the sword at you. "Now come closer so I can kill you."

Sam
    One of the girls hauls you to your feet. Your legs feel as though your bones have been replaced with rubber, and the second she stops supporting you you are aware you are going to topple and fall.

'Kiddo', Travis
    Bill loos at the door again. "Only one entry, which plays in his favor. He'll see us all coming right away. Hell, he could have a machinegun set up and blow us all to pieces as we approach. So we either look for another way in, and there won't be, or we suck it up and charge in."
    He says, catching the box smoothly. He looks at it, fiddles a few times, then nearly drops it when a small stream of fire flares out. He stares again, then at last shrugs and tosses it back. "A cigarette lighter for people with something to prove?"

Archer
    You feel the gathering energies stop. The beast has completely reformed.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-06-29 at 07:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Midnighter

At the last moment, then, he adjusts his aim. Up the creature's nostril the grenade goes.

Sam

"Thanks...ma'am." Sam was always polite. Especially to sword-wielding warrior woman assasssins.

Talking hurt. But he couldn't help himself.

"Do...you...have...explosives? Just blow up the" Sam breaks down coughing. "church."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam
    Bill gives you a glare. The Deadly Viper assassins were old school. They used guns, sparingly, but only because everyone else did, and on;y because otherwise they'd be obsolete. But some things were not... Honorable.
    Bill would cheerfully kill any number of defenseless people, completely unbothered by moral constraints, but he'd die before he did something like that.

Midnighter
    It breathes fire through it's nostril, so again it does little more then make the dragon very angry, and rupture a few veins.
    It begins bleeding, and begins doing it's very best to crush you like a bug.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

Heinkel
    She shrugs and opens fire, aiming for it's wings and vitals. Some sensory organs need to be exposed to be used, after all. It's only common sense.

Anderson
    Anderson creates another pair of handfuls of bayonets, and tosses them both at Richard.

Ozymandius
    "I have a few questions for you... Bob, was it?"
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderson
    He knocks them out of the air with his sword.

Heinkel
    You make it bleed in a few places, but it mostly seems to be ignoring you, focused on Midnighter.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Sam Oliver

Bill was one scary man. His father, moreso. While this didn't mean that Sam wasn't intimidated by his glare, it did mean that Sam wasn't quaking in his sneakers because of it. He wasn't quaking because he couldn't really feel his legs.

"Maybe...not. I'm out of ideas...and breath. 'Scuse me."

He'll come back to in a minute or so.

The Midnighter

The battle computer has limits. Or rather, he does. The dragon is too big to avoid all of its attacks. Eventually, its claw slams down on the Midnighter's right leg, pinning him down. The thing's broken for sure.

He'd say something threatening, but he is too busy screaming. Still, he is able to reach into his trenchcoat, and pull out a miniature chainsaw. Starting the thing up, he wields it with one hand, slamming it against dragon's ankle.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

Sanya has got his distraction, even if it is a live human being. Silently–a war cry would do more harm than good at this point– he sprints along the Dragon's left side and swings Esperacchius in a quarter of a circle, trying to tear the wing membrane and the bone support struts, and run past before the Dragon retaliates.

On an impulse, after his slash, he tries curving away from the dragon in an attempt to avoid it's formidable tail.

If he makes it to safety, then he turns and shouts at the Dragon:

"Hey. Ugly."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-06-29 at 11:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghost Rider

"Yeah didn't think that would work." Blaze mutters as he mounts his bike and attempts to drive it onto the beast's tail. As an extension of Blaze's will the bike will not move unless he wants it too, so it should effectively hold the dragon down and rob it of one of it's potential weapons.

The Bride

"No, Sam might have something." The Bride explains ignoring Bills glares.

"We don't have to destory the whole church, but we could blast ourselves a second entrance, right through the floor to counter whatever they have set up for us down there."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jules says, "Thank you St. Michael, I'll make sure I don't strike a blow in hate with this." With that he goes to see the commotion going on in the station, and possibly kick some ass Samuel L. Jackson style.
    "Well if the vamp is directly below us, maybe I could slice through the floor with the beam katana, and we could get the jump on em."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Italy
    Bill shrugs at last. "Worth a try, I suppose."

Jules
    "I believe you." Michael says, and pats Jules on the shoulder, then vanishes. You push past Ozymandius and Sylar, and begin heading down lower in the Carrier, to where there is a scream of tortured metal.

Archer
    The Blood Beast is bigger, and it's thrashing limbs tear through everything in reach. It regenerated from being torn in half, conventional methods are not going to work on this thing. You'll have to get serious.

Ghost Rider
    It works, the bike pinning it in place. The Dragon thrashes angrily, and if you were anything but the supernatural empowered servant of hell itself, it probably would not have worked.
    It also means it can't continue to follow Midnighter.

The Midnighter
    The dragon's attention is diverted, and you are able to slip free.

Sanya
    The sword knows how it's supposed to be used, and glows brighter, as though glad at being used for it's correct purpose. The entire wing comes off at the shoulder, crippling the dragon and making it scream in frustration and rage. Somewhat unsteadily, it turns towards you, breathing another cone of fire in your direction.

Heinkel
    You get a good shot at it's eye. It howls again as the bullet goes in, blood fountaining out.

Jenny
    You fall into a weary sleep, or close. Then a stray thought flickers across your mind.
    ...Weren't you keeping Edward here?

Light
    The shadows fade away. You have people aboard the Carrier, and everyone who hates you has left, and is wandering around the fortress. Therefore, the safest place to be at the moment is on board the Authority's orbital fortress.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

"Govno!" Sanya says as he frantically dodges the Dragon's Fire.

He stumbles for a moment, arms flailing, then regains his footing and races towards Ghost Rider and the tail he is holding down, out of the Dragon's range of fire. He nods at Mr. Blaze, and, still running, vaults on top of the Dragon's tail.

He raises Esperacchius high, and slashes at the tail horizontally, as deep as he can; he is trying to 'hamstring' the tail's muscles, so that the Dragon cannot flick it, Ghost Rider can keep holding on to it, and keep pinning the Dragon down.

He shouts at Midnighter:

"Hey, Mid! Need more flash-bangs?"

20. - Top - End - #260

Light
    With a smirk and a shrug, like pulls himself onto the carrier with the shadows; all too soon he would have his enemies cornered.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

"Brilliant...I'll get at him in the morning."

Jenny rolls back over, and attempts to go back to sleep.

"...bloody hell. I'm going."

Jenny exits her room, throwing on one of the shirts lying on top of her bed and a leather jacket she hadn't worn since the 30s. She heads towards where Edward last was.

The Midnighter

The Midnighter rolls off the dragon's claw, remaining close to the creature's leg. He revs the chainsaw, and slams it against the dragon's scales.

Sam

He doesn't hear Bill's reluctant approval. The ground was nice and soft, and his eyelids were too heavy anyway. Hell(hehe)...his whole body felt heavy...

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanya
    Again, the Dragons scales are no match for the power of the maybe holy maybe something else sword (there are plenty of explanations).

The Midnighter
    Sparks fly up everywhere, and the chainsaw wines protestingly, but you are cutting, if not enough to do serious damage. The dragon is thrashing, trying to dislodge Sanya, or, failing that, swallow what's left of it's own tail.

Light
    Doesn't work like that. You can only hide yourself.
    You reappear in front of the palace where you first portaled in.

Jenny
    The last place you saw him was lying on your bed. God knows how he crept out, missing as many limbs as he is, but he did, without anyone noticing.
    As you leave, you see one of the screens is focused on Light Yagami. Stranded in the palace, where everyone has decided to kill him.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

Jenny opens a Door to the man's location. It is meant to exit in front of her.

"Light, this is Jenny. Step through, please."

A plan hits her. Maybe she was under his control. Maybe she wasn't. Either way, she had a plan. And it was good.

The Midnighter

"I knew I should have had the Doctor make the edges diamond."

The Midnighter switches tactics, aiming this time for the dragon's fingernail. And below it, the soft tissue.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #264

Light
    Lovely. Why was every power so limited? Light idly leans back; he had no doubt that Richard would lose, and when he did the world would return to normal. Then he would re-obtain his death note and start slaughtering those people wantonly. He Apollo, a Ghost Rider, and he might have been wrong, but a few others. This ability was simply extraordinary. Light looks at the doorway for a moment, and walks through. Worst-case scenario, he disappears again.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-06-30 at 08:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

Jenny nods to Light.

"I've decided that you've got some potential. You've got our sorts of thoughts. Time to show you around this place. First thing is to get you plugged in to the Carrier. Where's your Death Note?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #266

Light
    "Temporarily gone. It won't be back until the world is restored." Light sighs, that still irked him; if he had it now, everything would be simpler, instead he would be stuck in a position of weakness until he re-obtained it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

"Well, since your beard probably won't shut it without getting in as well, I'll recommend her for membership as well. But getting imprinted on the Carrier's biopattern means that you'll need to temporarily lose any and all mystical or technological items over a certain 'M' level threshold."

Jenny rattles off the latter sentence perfectly, as if she's memorized it.

"No idea what it means. But Angie was the one who said it. So Misa can get imprinted first; you can be later."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #268

Light
    "Of course." Light looks almost bored, although his mind is traveling at a mile a minute. On one hand, the specifics of the note meant Jenny should be working in his best interest, but even if she was, that didn't change the fact that no one on the Authority trusted him, or likely ever would.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny Sparks

They move further within the Carrier, looking for Misa.

"Middie doesn't trust you. At all. Don't be offended. He didn't trust me after I saved his life for the first time. Save their lives often enough, don't mess with Hawksmoor's wardrobe(even if he only has one look and really really nice suits), don't try to hit on Shen, or gag when Middie and Apollo make out, and you'll fit in. Eventually. We're taking Angie's loss hard. Same with the Doctor's. I remember his predecessor. Set the whole of London afume in a drugged-up haze. I saluted him for it. And then there was John Cumberland. I really looked up to him, I really did. He was the best of us..."

Jenny continues reminiscing about her...fascinating past. She was somehow involved, directly or no, with every major event in the twentieth century. If she had a mind, she could have blackmailed so many dead people.

"...and then there was this one night stand with one guy. He looked to be in his thirties. But he had white hair. Wonderful conversationalist."

And of course, she was her own person as well. Some parts of her life were simply boring. Just like everybody else.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #270

Light
    Light had faked interest in far less interesting stories. Misa's days, for example, were often almost grating to listen too. The sordid details of the major events of the twentieth century were at least mildly entertaining. For the most part.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar