New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Alright, thanks.
    Also, since I don't feel this warrants a new thread, I'm buying an external hard drive. Aside from the amount of space, are thee any differences I should watch out for?
    When buying, ask if there is a chance the Hard Drive may awaken into a malevolent AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Alright, thanks.
    Also, since I don't feel this warrants a new thread, I'm buying an external hard drive. Aside from the amount of space, are thee any differences I should watch out for?
    RPM speed of the Hard Drive. The higher the better and the faster data will be written/retrieved. Common speeds are 5400, 7200, and 10000.

Check Tom's Hardware for tons of reviews and guides for any type of computer part, including hard drives.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-06-30 at 11:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Halfling in the Playground

The Steam Gods have forsaken me.

Despite having a two months old computer, my crappy old dumpster monitor is to small to properly recieve LFD2's signal. I just get static.

Impotent Razorback/Equalizer-Healing rage to follow.

4. - Top - End - #274

By the way, Torchlight is $5 today. It is definitely worth the money.

Definitely.

So stop reading this and go buy it.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm a little captivated by reviews of The Void--has anyone played this? Any recommendations?
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    I'm a little captivated by reviews of The Void--has anyone played this? Any recommendations?
    Well, on one hand it sounds like it likes kicking you in the junk repeatedly, and you already have X-Com for that. (You're playing on beginner there, by the way)

On the other, it seems like an interesting, well developed world with really immersive play, so that's a plus.

Up to you, I suppose.

(Also, the tank in X-Com needs 30 shells. 20 ain't enough.)
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2010-06-30 at 03:56 PM.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate steam summer sales, they taunt me with cheap games while I attempt to save for a new computer.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Well, on one hand it sounds like it likes kicking you in the junk repeatedly, and you already have X-Com for that. (You're playing on beginner there, by the way)

On the other, it seems like an interesting, well developed world with really immersive play, so that's a plus.

Up to you, I suppose.

(Also, the tank in X-Com needs 30 shells. 20 ain't enough.)
    Thirty shells? Are you messing with me? What do they do with them, gift wrap them in six packs and hand them out to aliens as welcoming presents? Do they toss them underhand at the aliens until they get mad and go home? Twenty should be more than enough, even if I was planning to use it to murder every single alien dude.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Thirty shells? Are you messing with me? What do they do with them, gift wrap them in six packs and hand them out to aliens as welcoming presents? Do they toss them underhand at the aliens until they get mad and go home? Twenty should be more than enough, even if I was planning to use it to murder every single alien dude.
    Don't ask me. At least any shells you don't use can be used on the next mission.

(Also, the tank is a poor enough shot, and some aliens are tough enough, that I can see some missions using all thirty shells. Be a pretty messed up mission, mind. Oh, and some missions on the hardest difficulty have 28 enemies. So that would need nearly 30 shells assuming 1 shot 1 kill.)
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2010-06-30 at 04:23 PM.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

10. - Top - End - #280

Hypothetical question here, but if I was a Huntsman Sniper, who fired an arrow into a crit rocket headed for my team medic, destroying it.

Would that make me big hero? Because there is not enough heroism in the world these days.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

11. - Top - End - #281

I think one of the aliens in the X-COM mission I'm running just fragged one of his own alien team mates...

Also, does Alt-Tabbing work with X-COM?
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-06-30 at 05:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I am now going to stop reading about games and actually play them.
    I don't really have anything to put here.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I think one of the aliens in the X-COM mission I'm running just fragged one of his own alien team mates...

X-Com's surprisingly fair about that; you can shoot your own teammates in the back because of shot variance and the aliens can too. They're just better about positioning so they don't usually do it, but it'll happen semi-regularly when they're playing with explosives.

And yes, I think X-Com plays well with alt-tabs. At least, I know DOSBox does, so if you're using one of the versions that runs with that then you're fine.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know but you can test it. Step 1. Save game. Step 2. Alt tab. Step 3. Repeat several hundred times under different circumstances until you have enough data to make a claim about xcoms ability to alt tab.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.

Also, I had an alien tag a cyberdisk during a terror mission. Did not go well for him.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    X-Com's surprisingly fair about that; you can shoot your own teammates in the back because of shot variance and the aliens can too. They're just better about positioning so they don't usually do it, but it'll happen semi-regularly when they're playing with explosives.

And yes, I think X-Com plays well with alt-tabs. At least, I know DOSBox does, so if you're using one of the versions that runs with that then you're fine.
    I was just surprised that happened. Especially when it was such a blatant miss, the grenade landed a couple squares from the alien and the radius was still 3 squares from my nearest soldier.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyone up for Left 4 Dead later? drolkcal just got it and we need 2 more for campaign.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    Anyone up for Left 4 Dead later? drolkcal just got it and we need 2 more for campaign.
    Well, I've got L4D2, just haven't had a chance to play it yet. How much later would this be? I'm kinda booked for the next.. six-ish hours, but after that I should have time.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm signing up as fodder/that one guy with 12.5% accuracy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

I am.

I was going to make a 10iams joke involving pet food, but the website is just too horribly designed for me to want to navigate it any longer.

EDIT: Pretty sure she means L4D1, Cogwheel.
    Last edited by Worira; 2010-06-30 at 06:13 PM.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    I am.

I was going to make a 10iams joke involving pet food, but the website is just too horribly designed for me to want to navigate it any longer.

EDIT: Pretty sure she means L4D1, Cogwheel.
    Oh. Right, given the usual selection of games, I kinda mentally added the 2. That's fine, I'm slightly more used to L4D1 and have that too. So, when?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Something about the l4d campaigns makes me really want to go back and replay through all of them. It's probably because of the original cast of survivors, or maybe just the atmosphere of the levels.

With the l4d sale today, everyone should get it if they don't have it already. In some ways I find it more fun than l4d2.
    Last edited by surikesu; 2010-06-30 at 07:34 PM.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    I'll be up for it in about... 30 minutes? Versus or Campaign. I'm on the gitp l4d2 group and my id is [Gitp]masterofweirdness

Edit: Actually I can play now and I meant l4d2 not one... I dont have one.
    Last edited by toasty; 2010-06-30 at 07:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Tomorrow, I livestream X-COM for the first time. It's not quite a blind playthrough since I've read Chiasaur's LP, but it's close to it. Anyone who wants to watch my soldiers die hilarious deaths can watch it here:
    http://www.livestream.com/nyrb?t=366668

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Just bought HoI2, time for more brain-exploding ultra-fun complexity! Now what game does the description remind me of?
    Oh yeah, dwarf fortress. And I love that!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2010-06-30 at 07:28 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

New tf2 blog post, which talks about the Polycount Contest and the tf2wiki becoming the official wiki for tf2.

Listen!
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Edit: Actually I can play now and I meant l4d2 not one... I dont have one.
    I'll play with ya, Toasty.

EDIT: At least, I would if not for Steam refusing to add you to my list for some reason...
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-06-30 at 07:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I'll play with ya, Toasty.

EDIT: At least, I would if not for Steam refusing to add you to my list for some reason...
    hmm... what's your name?

Edit: If all you people playing l4d2 and l4d1 campaigns would stop playing campaigns... we could play versus.
    Last edited by toasty; 2010-06-30 at 08:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

With all the Left 4 Dead talk, anyone up for Chainsaw Massacre (L4D2)?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Tomorrow I'd give it a try. I played it with some randoms today and it was real fun smashing apart tanks with a chainsaw. Its also a good way to gain chainsaw/melee achievements.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

With all the Left 4 Dead talk, anyone up for Chainsaw Massacre (L4D2)?
    Is that a permanent gamemode now or did it just come back for a repeat? I have yet to try it but it sounds way fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.