New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [TWI] [ERG] Twilight V/Eragon III: When Worlds Collide

Mickey
    Mickey shakes his head, "I don't know where that might be. I can open transportation to other worlds, but without knowing where that is, we'd be completely blind. We could end up anywhere, hoo hoo." So close, yet so unfortunately far.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Everyone in Forks

The storm has stopped but the sky remains black. Across the town what apears to be ghosts of primitve people wander about their daily lives.

Gen, Beast and Greed's Car

Jacob gives you directions to the Longhouse, as you arrive there you see a fancy sports car that looks terribly out of place on the residence pull into the parking lot.

Alice leads her companions out of the car and into the meeting hall.

The men all stare at her coldly as she enters. Billy doesn't though, he simply turns away and tries to wheel out of the room quickly.

"You aren't welcome here Cold One." the oldest man at the Elder's table says.

"I thought this meeting was to deal with the dead pack leader. I know who did it and I need your help to stop him. Edward has gone insane, he killed our parents, your pack leader, Billy Black, Bella's father Sherif Swan and the Volturi and plans to feed this world to darkness." Alice explains.

"Impossible Billy is alive see." the elder points to where Billy had sat a few seconds ago but now all is there is an empty wheelchair.

The man who appears to be Billy Black is running away. Surely something the crippled elder couldn't have done on his own.

Jacob growels, shifting back into his wolf form, lunging at Alice.

Hank

The catlike creature takes the sword and follows you. "My name is Jake Scully, I'm Na'vi. I don't know what happened. We were fighting off pockets of humans that were trying to retake Pandora, Imperial Space Marines, EVA Pilots when suddenly monsters sprung from the shadows and overwhelmed us. Next thing I know I woke up here, whereever hear is. Maybe thats what happened to you."

Krausser

The knife goes into the blood pumping heart (not the spirtual one) of the Nobody who dies instantly. Let us all have a moment of silence for Xigbar. The Nobody who died without a name.

It's easy to get lost in a Castle you are unfamilar with. Particularly one that plays tricks with your mind like Castle Oblivion. So it should come as no surprise that you quickly find yourself lost. You arrive in a room where a mechanical hand seems to be pulling in caged people from another room. Right now it is pulling in a cage with a young boy in it. No older than fourteen, wearing some kind of blue and white piloting suit. He cries in terror about how he wishes to run away as the machine plants him on the ground in front of an equally young girl.

He looks up at her his eyes filled with relief. "Rei, it's really you! Please get me out of here. It's horrible..."

The girl respons only by holding out her hand and summoning what looks like a giant key which she slashes his throat with. A heart, not the organ but the Valentine's Day kind floats out of his chest and into a pool of dark sludge. From the pool out crawls a creature made of shadow which wanders down the hall ignoring you. More distressing is what happens to the boy, his flesh seems to fall off leaving behind something that vaugely looks like a skeleton but it's skull is more square and it's arms end in razor sharp stumps, it shuffles off behind the shadow monster. Leaving the girl to turn to you.

She removes her hood revealing the face of Ashley but something tells you it isn't really her. She points the key at you and in an emotionless monotone she says "You still have a heart. You don't belong here."

School

The kids all go to the gym as instructed. Ambrose and Jakita arrive at the office.

"This better be good Elijah?" Jakita says annoyed.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

The Question

((still waiting on his investigative results))

Elijah Snow

"Two people in this town are very very close to opening the Bleed. In a way worse than the Florida incident."

Definitely an emergency.

"We need to evacuate the entire town. And I need some way of contacting the outside world."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Calintz

Seeing the Wolf lunging at Alice he draws his blade in the blink of an eye quickly runs in front of her with blurring speed and prepares to engage the beast his sword calling for it's blood.

Gen

Seeing the werewolf he does not know by name lung at the woman who is a seer (they also have such people in Kokuboro) he quickly calls out "What are you doing, as far as I know people who are paralyzed from the waist down don't walk so go after the real enemy". after saying this Gen transforms his hands into large werewolf claws and literally disappears from sight with a flash of speed and is suddenly restraining the fake with claws at his neck.

Fayt

(still waiting on his scanners results)

5. - Top - End - #245

Cullen Residence

Through your various investigative techniques you come to the conclusion that the Cullens were smart enough to try not leaving a trail but still made several mistakes.

Blade finds that the Cullens lived a rather afulent life style, juding by their expensive designer clothing. Although in the room that seems to have belonged to Edward and Bella Cullen you find a dark robe that seems out of place. Closer examination reveals that the hood has some sort of enchantment upon it to hide the wearer's identity if the hood is up. The design is remarkably similar to the one Mickey is wearing, alothough significantly bigger.

Dante finds little of interest but he does find a set of note detailing the ritual. The ritual had to have been conducted simltaniously in another world by someone else with a keyblade, they make mention of a "Lord Eragon".

The Question seemingly by chance stumbles upon another secret passageway, this one leads to an armoury full to the brim of weapons ranging from swords and spears to stolen Apokalips technology. Also there were six sets of robotic armour, not unlike Stark Teck. They were preparing for war.

Fayt's scanner is next to useless here with all the Bleed radiation present. It does confirm that Edward opened a portal to another world and tries to show the coordinates of that world but it becomes a jumble of random symbols and error messages. It does mention something about the world being home to the birth of the Heartless and the Keyblade Graveyard.

Eragon's Castle

"We are incomplete. We seek to destroy this world and others like it recreate Kingdom Hearts so that we can be whole again." The pink haired man explains, he doesn't seem to have any death within him but his entire being is composed of free magic like he shouldn't exist at all.

Arya starts to crawl away from the intruder. "I told him they couldn't be trusted."

Eragon at this point takes to running away from the childlike assasin. He runs down the hall away from Sojiro's katanna. "You'll have to catch me first."

Principal Office

Semdry's Grandpa is late to answer, figures.

"Your phone should come back online..." Renesemme says looking at her watch. "In three two one...now."

With that your phones are online again.

Council Meeting

Several others get up from their seats across the room and turn into wolves. Including the girl that warned Cailntz to stay away. They chase after Billy into the streets.

Between Gen's claws and Calintz's swords Jacob is cut several times and shoved off of Alice. "You lose Jacob. Nessie is on my side. You won't help them get away with this."

Naturally this makes no sense to anyone present but it seems to effect Jacob as he backs off and returns to his human form.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-07-24 at 12:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Krauser
    He simply smirks.
    "Now I know you aren't Ashley, she wouldn't have the constitution to kill a man in cold blood. So I'll have to ask you where the real Ashley is," he says, his knife already in his hand, still dripping Xigbar's blood.

Dante
    He grins, taking the notes in hand. He goes to the room where Blade is.
    "It seems they performed or were about to perform a ritual here," he says, showing the notes in his hand. "It appears it involves something called a "Keyblade" and it will link this world to another world. They needed the cooperation of someone named "Eragon.""
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-24 at 12:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Elijah Snow

"Here's the plan. Jakita, get the kids out of the town limits. Ambrose, go door to door. Start with the mayor's office and police station. Call it a bomb threat if you have to. Drums, I need you to help me man the phones, make sure that our communications are stable. I'm going to get backup."

Elijah picks up the phone and forgoes his earlier call to Jack Carter in favor of someone more suited to getting resources towards evacuation. John Stone.

The Question

"Question to the League. I have confirmed Apokalips tech in Carlisle Cullen's house. The Fourth World is now involved somehow. Repeat. The Fourth World is involved. Recommend that Superman open communications with the Highfather at once."

This was big. And Question was smart enough to know when he was in over his head. Well. When he was really, truly over his head.

Moiraine

"Then you are too dangerous to be ignored."

Moiraine weaves Air and Fire to form another fireball, and Spirit and Air to bind the man, both in power and physically. While her fireball was, of course, visible, her Spirit weave was undetectable save for other female channelers, and those who possessed a rare sort of ter'angreal.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gen

"Jacob", he says as if remebering something. Suddenly he remembers but realises that those words were spoken by a fake and that they should be taken with a grain of salt.

Calintz

Keeping his sword in hand (you always develop at least a little bit a paranoia and a lot of vigilince in the Tears of Blood) he speaks to Alice in a monotone voice, "How long until they catch him so I can have some answers".

Fayt

He sceams out joyfully, "Eureaka, hey Mickey do you know anything about a keyblade graveyard".

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

"Well, I didn't see that coming. At all." I muttered in a sarcastic tone.

I turned to Mr. Snow. "After you're done making those calls, please call the Free Kingdom embassy at 012-345-6789. Tell them to tell the Council of Kings and the Smedry family the phrase 'Code Convict.' If that doesn't spring them into action, nothing will."

I gave the newcomers the old 'Occulator' check; this time I left my Courier glasses on afterwards; Grandpa is often late, but he still 'arrives', if you catch my clumsy metaphor.

Sabriel

A complete Free Magic Being. Sabriel thinks with a snarl. Creature of Free Magic were hard to destroy, and naturally destructive in a way Charter Magic couldn't match. Charter Magic, however, was very useful in creating bindings and wards. She hits the Nobody with the best Binding Marks she knows, then turns and speaks to Eragon with a flash of anger:

"What did these Creatures promise you, to win you over to their plans?!! Did you not realize they turn on you when your part was done?? Did you think you could control them, to secure your power over your kingdom? Did you think you could control the powers of Death and Destruction without consequences?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-24 at 01:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250

Krausser

"I am Xion. Number Fifteen." The girl says coldly swinging her giant key towards your face. The sound it makes as it slashes the air indicates that it is a lot sharper than it looks.

Principal's Office

Jakita and Amborse know better than to argue with Snow in the midst of a Crisis. They set off on their goals. Before they go Smedry sees that Jakita has super strength and speed almost comparable to Superman's. Ambrose has the ability to alter the laws of reality in close proximity to his person, it looks almost like a more controled form of your family's talents.

Jack Stone picks up the phone before the first ring even stops. "Abit busy Snow. This better be good."

On the other end of the line you can hear gun fire and barely audible screams in what sounds like Japanese.

Alcatraz's Grandpa finally answers his call. "Alcatraz? Is something going wrong at school today?"

The Question

"Understood. Do you want transport back to the Watchtower?" Comes a gruff voice. Mr. Terriffic is manning the console, that means something must have J'onn under the weather.

Council Meeting

"It depends on who was under that disguise. The Bleed is too strong for my visions to see any further." Alice says as she makes her way over to Jacob.

"Where are they Jacob? I know they got away from Dante and the others at the house." she asks glaring at the now naked werewolf.

"The graveyard." He replies with a smirk.

"Then it's too late...the process is almost complete." Alice's face goes even whiter than before.

"Exactly. It's not too late for you to join us."

Castle Eragon

The man is bound and his scythe disapears into nothingness. At this point is should be obvious that Eragon is gone, running away from the assasin Sojiro.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-07-24 at 01:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Elijah Snow

"Stone. We have a possible Bleed incursion in the town of Forks, Washington. I need government resources to evacuate the population. Planetary isn't designed for this sort of thing. Yet."

By the latest projections, such operations would become possible in about six months. Still far too late in the here and now, though.

The Question

"Negative. I will remain on the ground, and provide further data as I uncover it."

The Question continues searching for clues.

"The younger generation of Cullens escaped from my initial inquiry. I can better search for them here. And if the Fourth World is involved, I will not be of any real assistance against a direct confrontation with the New Gods. I do understand my limits, occasionally."

Moiraine

The Aes Sedai begins weaving a Delving around the man, attempting to ascertain his physical and mental status.

"I would kill you here, but I require information. Which you shall give to me. I am Aes Sedai."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-07-24 at 01:43 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Krauser
    Interesting, there's an organisation of these freaks. He ducks forward under the blow and uses his enhanced speed to try to get the knife into her heart like how he killed Xigbar.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Calintz

Calintz losing the little patience he had left hold his balde up to Jocobs throat, "Look here fuzzball I have been a very patient man today and that patience has run out I want answers quick, fast , and simple answers, and your going to squeal like a pig got it", he says putting just enough pressure to draw a thin line of blood.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2010-07-24 at 01:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

There ya go.

"Grandpa! You have no idea how glad I am that you were only slightly late!"

I say this in midair, one hand on my Courier Lenses. I'm pretty sure I got weird looks from a few people.

"So, the Forks High School is very interesting. We have faculty staff with Superpowers, interesting course material unlike the standard Librarian drivel, and a half-vampire kid showed up to tell us that her vampire parents are planning to destroy the world!"

There was a moment of silence. Then the phrase:

"Tumbling Tillybunks!"

Grandpa Smedry talks like that. I'm pretty sure that his eccentricity is real, and that he uses it to make people underestimate him.

"Yep, a bonified Code Convict. Listen: apparently the vampires are going to do it by merging two separate universe together via a dimension called the Bleed, and then unleash a horde of monsters called the Heartless upon the world consuming all life or something.

You've got to warn the Council of Kings, get the Free Kingdom prepared for the coming storm. I've got some allies here that are working to stop the merging; remember Planetary, and Elijah Snow? Still, If you could get over to Forks, Washington, maybe using Uncle Kazan, I'd greatly appreciate it."

I crossed my fingers. I've done some solo operations before. But when the situations had gotten really dicey, Grandpa Smedry alway managed to be at my side. On the other hand, this was the biggest crisis to hit the Free Kingdom's since the start of the Librarian war. Nahalla, Mokia, and the other nations might very well need all the Smedrys it can get.

Sabriel

Sabriel senses the weaves of magic the Aes Sedai is manipulating.

"Careful. Don't disrupt the binding." Sabriel says, then pauses.

"By the way, my name is Sabriel, The Abhorsen of the Old Kingdom. This is Mr. Vimes, of the city of Ankh Morpok. What is your name, and that of your..." she looks at Azula and Stormwarden, "...companions?"

15. - Top - End - #255

Calintz

"A...Ask away then." Jacob says raising his hands defensively. As Alice starts pacing around the room muttering to herself.

Krauser

Xion jumps above you knife strike and brings her feet down on your back as a spring to push her to the other side of the room.

The Question

"Understood. We'll send their information to the CIA, FBI, SHIELD, and the Green Lantern Corps. If they are still in this universe we'll find them. Report back when you find something." Mr. Terrific replies before closing the signal.

Huntress approaches you. "I called Oracle, she's hacked FEMA and has them preparing to evacuate and setting up Emergency refuge shelters across Seattle. Back to the gumshoing then?"

Castle Eragon

"It doesn't look like I have much of a choice now do I?" Marluxia says bitterly. He's unable to move due to the multiple binding spells placed on him.

Principal's Office

Stone chuckles a bit. "Actually we already have FEMA on that. Someone hacked their systems a few minutes ago and is moving them now."

There are more gunshots and what sounds like a giant lizard roaring. He's probably on Monster Island for some reason. "If thats all you have then I really ought to be going."

"I see." Grandpa Smedry frowns at this. This was terrible, this almost shows that the Liabrarians and Dowling were right. In keeping the world boring they stopped things like this from happening but none the less it was happening and they needed to stop it.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Tell Elijah I said Hi."

Last edited by darkblade; 2010-07-24 at 02:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Krauser
    He rolls with the springing action and somersaults to the opposite end, springing up to his feet, ready for another attack. He then realizes that he has a gun and pulls it out, firing three shots at her to gauge her reaction time. Then firing the rest in a way that would most result in her getting hit.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Moiraine

She looks over the young woman with such odd...gear. A sword, and seven bells. Possibly ter'angreal?

"I am Moiraine of the Blue Ajah. And you are?"

There is something about this diminuative woman, dressed in blue, that demands obediance and respect. An aura of nobility, but more than that. A sense of quiet power. Old Magic. Far older than Sabriel's.

The Question

"Quiet. Searching for something."

The Question continues looking through the assortment of Apokalipian arms until he comes across a pair of portable energy pistols. He tosses one to Huntress.

"Just in case. And yes. The League needs a presence here. We need to show the world that we can do as much as the Authority without succumbing to their methods."

Elijah Snow

"Take care, Stone."

Elijah hangs up on the world's premier secret agent. He then dials another number.

"Come on, Carter. Pick up the damned phone."

He still needs information. He wasn't very up to date on vampires. After the Dracula incident, they tended to flee whenever he was in the area.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Calintz

"Alright then first off who are these people you are working with and what do they want, second does it have anything to do with why the hell its dark out at 3:30 in the summer, third what are thier reasons and motives". "Finally are they god damn idiots, I know how an apokolypes on the horizen feels hell I damn near experienced one, your "friends" have no idea what they are dealing with". "What makes it worse is neither do we".

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

"Hey." I tried to say in a jovial matter. "We're Smedrys, right? We'll stumble into a situation without knowing exactly what's going on, frantically improvise on the spot, get captured, escape, think outside the box, and win like we always do, right?"

In case you hadn't figured this out by now, the above statement was a very foolish example of Bad Foreshadowing. Again, this is something much easier to realize in retrospect.

"See you soon, Grandpa. Don't be late." I took off the Courier's Lenses, put the Occulator Lenses back on, and turned to Elijah.

"Leavenworth says hi, Mr. Snow."

Sabriel

"Sabriel of the Old Kingdom. The Abhorsen, binder of the Dead. I was here to negotiate with the local King, a youth named Eragon. It seems however, that he's made a deal with a group of Dead, and..." she nods at the bound man, "This person's 'Organization XIII'."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-24 at 02:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Moiraine

That was bad news.

"The Dead Walk? Then Taimon Gaidon...the Dark One..."

In the Third Age, the dead walking was a immenent sign of the Last Battle. Moiraine lets her mask of serenity slip for a moment. It is quickly replenished. She is, after all, Aes Sedai.

"Then it appears that I have escaped one Age's battle to fight another's. The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

Elijah Snow

"Leavenworth Smedry?"

Elijah seizes Alcatraz, peers into the teenager's eyes, then lets him go.

"I should have realized you were one of them." His tone is considerably lighter and friendlier than before. Obviously, Elijah's had dealings with your family before. And they parted on an amicable note as well.

"What's your gift, son?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sojiro
    Sojiro moves after Eragon, still using his lightning fast movement to attempt to catch him and put an end to his life. Any fight was obviously going to be Sojiro's win. Eragon favored heavy blows and a duel of blades. Anyone in Sojiro's land who still used a blade seriously was not only among the best, but a trained assassin. No Knight, especially one not in anything approaching full armor, was going to be able to escape Sojiro's grasp.

Azula
    Azula looks at Marluxia, still obviously wishing to burn him...but something he says comes back, however temporarily. A father. She had a father. She had to. But who? Where? Something besides the fire? It gifted and raised her...did it raise her father as well? Obviously not her brother. His fire screamed in pain. He was misusing it. Binding it.

Mickey
    "No. Nothing in Yen Sid's library mentioned such a thing. Maybe my source will be of help." Micky attempts to contact Dormin again, asking for the location of, 'Edward,'
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mask had followed Krauser around the castle, and when he sees what the woman did to the fourteen year old, it made him extremely angry. He fires both shots from his grenade launchers, just where she lands.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

"My Talent?" I said. "My Talent is the ability...."

Here I made a mysterious mystical gesture with my right hand.

"... to Break Things!"

Suddenly I realized that my right hand was still holding the Doorknob that had snapped clean off the door to the office. I paused, gently put the doorknob on the desk, then said:

"...yeah. Don't ask me to hold anything complicated."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Elijah

He says nothing for a moment, and Looks at the younger Smedry. The man is an archaeologist. His purpose in life is to save things. It's literally hardwired into his DNA.

"...Right. I can see we're going to get along wonderfully."

He holds out a thermos.

"When your Grandfather comes back, give him this. Full of coffee. Just how he likes it."

It comes from a Diner outside Las Vegas. Elijah had spent nearly three years of his life eating there.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

"Of course, Mr. Snow." For the most part I can keep my Talent in check. When I took the thermos, and stuffed it in my backpack, nothing happened. Still, one can never completely control their Talents. I break things: china, doorknobs, computers, rugs, plates, stoves, and even a chicken at one point. But with practice and dedication, I can use my Talent to break the right things in life. As long as I'm able to do that, it's a positive force.

"So. What's our current plan, after we alert everyone to the danger?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

Sabriel

"Does the Walker choose the Path, or the Path the Walker?" Sabriel mutters in response to Moraine's statement; the last phrase in "The Book of the Dead."

She then turns to Mr. Vimes. "Mr. Vimes, do you think we should go after King Eragon, to prevent his death at the hands of that assasin?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Elijah Snow

"Mr. Snow makes me sound old. And I am old, boy. Make no mistake of it."

Elijah stares at the still ringing telephone in irritation.

"After the town is evacuated, we stop the incursion. Find the source, follow the young vampire here, and proceed to stop the Bleed. Just like a goddamn superhero. Which I am not."

Elijah reaches into his desk drawer, pours himself a glass of the old principal's scotch. Elijah didn't see anything particularly wrong with doing so. He belonged to an older era. And after his experiences with his uncle's moonshine, it took far larger amounts of alcohol to affect him.

"Now then, young Smedry. How fare the Free Kingdoms."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

I take a seat as well. "Very good, Principal Snow. After the Librarians collapsed, the Free Kingdoms have been re-gearing back to a peace economy, and opening diplomatic channels with the now genuinely autonomous nations of the Hushlands...you know, we're going to have to come up with a different name than 'Hushlands', since they aren't...hushy anymore.

It's a difficult process, but both sides are working out treaties, and, God help me, establishing restaurant franchises."

I leaned back. "The Family, until recently, was out of a job. So we did some relaxing, combined with participating in the diplomatic efforts between the Free Kingdoms and...the Inner Nations. Yeah that sounds right."

I shrugged. "And now this is happening. Hopefully the ol' Smedry clout will prepare Nahalla and Mokia for what's coming. And hopefully Grandpa will show up in time to assist us."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-24 at 04:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Elijah Snow

"I doubt he will. The old man was late for my wedding. Well. My fake wedding to The Bride, back in 1965. Took me four more years and a dead girlfriend to finally put her down. I've never actually married."

Elijah sips from his glass.

"I'm hoping to get your family to help me finish decoding the rest of the Librarian's archives. There is so much data to still sift through. Not to mention the Dowling Archives."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

Alcatraz

I shrugged. "Well, my cousin Folsom is married to an ex Librarian named Himalaya. She's still got the Librarian knack for organization and cataloguing; She could probably help you; she runs a help center in Chicago for recovering Evil Librarians."

I pause. "The rest of my family...well, let's just say this; after years and years of the atrocities and ruthlessness of the Evil Librarians, most Free Kingdomers have a understandable phobia of libraries and cataloguing."

I shivered at the memory of trying to organize the Crystallia Royal Archives (Not a Library). Books dumped randomly in piles; if Himalaya hadn't been there to help...
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-07-24 at 05:33 PM.