New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sakurako

Jane wouldn't find the way out of school quite so easy! Or rather it was, but there was a familiar face waiting for her at the exit of the school. Sakurako stands anxiously, shifting her weight from one foot to the other as if getting ready to start sprinting, even as her deep green eyes peel through the other Tokiwadai students in search of...something.

"Hey Jane! Yoo hoo!" A quick and furitive glance around then pop and the vibrant redhead is lightly landing beside the foreign girl with a somewhat relaxed expression on her face.
    With a slight 'Gah' sound, Jane suddenly woke up from her train of thoughts and noticed the student from before was back again.
    "I was looking for you! How was your day? Wasn't too hard to keep up, was it? Hey listen, I need your help with something..." The words seem to come a mile a minute, even as she's already dragging Jane out the doors and...into the grass?
    Jane listened while the student explained why she needed help, slightly confused at was going on, maybe she should have been paying less attention to deciphering her book and more as to what was going on in class?

"...I just need some help finding it, cause I don't know if that call was important or anything and I still need to meet Kazumi soon." Sakurako explains quickly to a likely very confused Jane, even as she already scans the grass for the lost electrical appliance.
    Well... this was something Jane could do. If she'd use the translating software on her computer back at home she would probably safe time studying anyways. Besides, maybe she could make... a friend... that would be nice.
    "Okay, I'll help. Where uh... do we have to go?" Jane doubted she could even find her way back to the classroom again. Let alone some other place... well maybe her house... she hoped.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-10-08 at 02:49 AM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

2. - Top - End - #362

[Rooftops - Having A Mental Breakdown]

Hisagi looks over the roof.

The two who jumped off still aren't back.

Well, it's official. They're probably both dead by now. If I get off the roof before anybody else see's me, there is no way I could be involved."

He begins to try to get off the roof.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

[Stairs to the roof]

Just as Hisagi opens the door to get off the roof something start shifting into existence in front of him, something blurred and shifty like a ghost or horrific monster!

Of course it turns out to be Katsu who turns down to visible speeds inches away from Hisagi without noticing him, walking straight toward him.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kazumi
    [Tokiwadai]

A certain familiar song began to play, and for a moment Kazumi wondered "Is my world a drama?"

But then she realized the song, and a cellular phone fell on her as she looked up.

...!"

She knew the person who owned this cellular phone. Kazumi rubbed her head and picked up the cell phone with a sigh. She made sure the bandage on her head was fixed and continued to walk. Soon she would meet with Sakurako.

And then give her sempai her phone back.
    But for a second, Kazumi thought about opening it to investigate. But surely Sakurako had some things Kazumi didn't want to know.

Of course Kazumi didn't want to remember some of them too.
    Sakurako

"Well I just threw it out the window, so it should just be laying around out here on the front lawn. Unless someone picked it up or stole it which...uh...well it'd be bad if someone stole my phone." the vibrant red-head says conversationally, disguising her own worries at that prospect. She had some sensitive information stored on her phone and it could connect to the Judgment computers back at the district office. Sure it required a password and stuff to use, but getting their hands on a Judgment phone would be a big step for someone trying to get into their systems...

"Yeah though...it looks like just a mic-headset but it's a vivid pink color and has lots of trinkets dangling off of it." Sakurako describes quickly, already looking for her class room window, reaching up to shade her eyes with one hand. If she could just figure out which windows belonged to her class room then she'd be able to narrow down the search location.

It actually takes her a couple of minutes to notice someone else standing out on the lawn, actually looking past Kazumi once or twice before they settle on her room-mate.

"Eh?! Kazumi, what happened to you?!" Sakurako yells in shock, noticing the new bandages and having her own suspicions...but keeping silent for the moment and looking at Jane. "Oh, sorry. Jane, this is Kazumi. She's a first year student. Kazumi, this is Jane. She's new here."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #365

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    "Oh, sorry. Jane, this is Kazumi. She's a first year student. Kazumi, this is Jane. She's new here."
    "Uh... hi, I'm Jane." Immediately Jane regretted saying that. She had just been introduced. Why would she repeat it? "Walker." she added quickly to sound like she was giving extra information and held out her hand. "It is nice to be meeting you."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jason shakes his head.

"No. Thank you very much."
    He then runs off a few paces, before stopping. He then turns back to Masaki.
    "Uhhh... what would be the the best way to get to Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri?"

He didn't feel like wandering the streets lost trying to find his way back home. Atleast he remembered that the restraunt was across the street from where his apartment complex was. Maybe he will eat there before he retires to his room.
    Masaki

"One sec."

He types something into his cellphone.

"Hmm...a little complicated to just tell you. Come with me; I need to pick up dinner anyway." He motions towards the door.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi
    [Tokiwadai]

Sakurako's yell makes Kazumi wince a little. She was self conscious, but to make a frown.

She should be on the offensive in this conversation!

But before she could do this, she also noticed the new senpai.

Suddenly though, with a foreign name and a hand pointing at her Kazumi was awkward. Yes, it was Sakurako's fault.

"Ah. Nice to meet you too. I am Kanazuchi Kazumi, a first year student here. Welcome to Tokiwadai. Even though I am your junior, please rely on me." She bowed.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Masaki

"One sec."

He types something into his cellphone.

"Hmm...a little complicated to just tell you. Come with me; I need to pick up dinner anyway." He motions towards the door.
    Jason nods and proceeds to follow him.
    "Thank you."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici - Rooftops

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Hajime thinks of the most logical places to look. Now, the most logical places to start looking would be out of the way, abandoned places that no one would think to look in. "Maybe he is in an abandoned location somewhere in the 15th through 17th districts? I will start looking."

He then begins to walk out, before turning back to Cici. "Cici-san, are you sure you don't want me to take the needed materials from something else? I'm a bit hesitant to suggest it, but it might be overlooked as a necessary loss for the safety of potentially several lives." He doesn't look like he likes that option very much. Vandalizing would bring the authorities on their heads, and he doesn't much like uneccessary attention.
    "That seems like a good idea," she responded.

"Hm? Oh, don't worry. I probably have all the materials at my house right now," she said to him.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Unbenownst to the assembled Tokiwadai students (now three in number), their little conversation on the grass was still being watched from afar. By this point it was obvious to Jirou that nothing untoward was going on, so now he was just doing it out of good old fashioned nosiness. Not the most noble of intentions, but so what? He was well within his rights. There was no law against someone who looked like a cut-price thug peering through the fence of an all-girls' school, was there?

Besides, the whole scene playing out between the girls was a great distraction. The redhead of the group was clearly the leader, because she was really loud and gestured a lot; So much so that Jirou could almost deduce what she was saying purely from her exaggerated movements and shouts. Compared to her the other two just seemed to be being dragged along in her wake.

Speaking of which, the girl who she had been literally dragging along earlier was a case study in dazed confusion. The way she carried herself seemed really familiar, and it took Jirou a second or two to realise why: She acted just like Jason had earlier when he'd introduced himself at Onizuka. It was the sort of nervous awkwardness that people had when surrounded by strangers in a place they didn't know.

And finally, the third girl was...the third one. Quite pretty, a bit flustered, and that was about it. Jirou had trouble even focusing on her for long while the others were around. Still, two out of three interesting girls wasn't bad. Certainly enough to distract a poor student still recovering from a very confusing encounter...

11. - Top - End - #371

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kazumi
    [Tokiwadai]
    "Ah. Nice to meet you too. I am Kanazuchi Kazumi, a first year student here. Welcome to Tokiwadai. Even though I am your junior, please rely on me." She bowed.
    "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Jane thought silently. She could beat herself up right now. Over here they didn't shake hands but bowed. Quickly she redrew her hand and bowed back. Not really sure what to make of the statement that the new girl had made. "Uh... thanks." Then she quickly looked at Sakurako, in the hopes of her leading the conversation again.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Cici - Rooftops

"That seems like a good idea," she responded.

"Hm? Oh, don't worry. I probably have all the materials at my house right now," she said to him.
    [Hajime - Rooftops]

Hajime nods. He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cell phone. It seems to be a rather simple model, very cheap. In fact, in Academy City, such a model might even be considered archaic. "Before I go, do you think we should exchange phone numbers so that we can make contact with each other when we find a sign of Catarino's whereabouts?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi
    [Tokiwadai]

Kazumi made sure to take such a chance to show the familiar cellular telephone to Sakurako with a frown.

Maybe if she could stay offensively, then to avoid her bandages and the other habits Sakurako often liked.

"You should be more careful with your telephone. It might hit a poor junior student in the head." She said in a warning voice.

Of course to give a first impression to Jane of a girl who was always fighting or injured, Kazumi grimaced. It was not 'ladylike' maybe, but it wasn't Kazumi's fault. Was it?

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Stairs to the roof]

Just as Hisagi opens the door to get off the roof something start shifting into existence in front of him, something blurred and shifty like a ghost or horrific monster!

Of course it turns out to be Katsu who turns down to visible speeds inches away from Hisagi without noticing him, walking straight toward him.
    Hisagi screeched, which was cut off.

He blushes.

"Don't do that, it's creepy Katsu. Come on, let's get to class."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-10-10 at 11:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Katsu-Roof]

"Do what?"

Katsu stops mere inches away from Hisagi, making no attempt at moving further away.

"Yeah, class. Forgot about that"

He begins walking backward down the stairs, ignoring how stupid that could be.

"What have you been up to while we were gone?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #376

Hisagi raises an eyebrow.

"You know, the usual. Freaking out cause I thought I killed you. Probably getting Sakurako in trouble. Same old, same old."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

The redhead looks properly contrite as Kazumi holds out her phone, reaching up to rub the back of her head, even as her cheeks color red for a couple of moments.

"Sorry about that Kazumi-chan, I didn't even mean to bring it with me into class, I just forgot about it. Then it started ringing and the teacher noticed..." She explains somewhat awkwardly, "Then I panicked and teleported it out the window..just lucky no one noticed me using my powers, otherwise I'd really be in trouble."

Only then did she notice some new bandages on Kazumi and her eyes narrow the smallest bit.

"Uh...Kazumi-chan...you wouldn't have got in another fight again...would you? Without even TELLING me this time?" Sakurako asks with an exasperated tone of voice. How many times was it now?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi

Kazumi looks surprised.
    "You teleported it out the window?!" She asked. That was the explanation why it had appeared above Kazumi.

But she sees Sakurako's narrow eyes and flinches. Ah, that is the look of the dangerous level 4 senpai who might embarrass you in annoyance.
    Or such is Kazumi's imagination as she looks away. The accusation in Sakurako's voice makes her uncomfortable.

"It's not like that." She tries to explain. She clenches her fists."Besides, you came back so late last night and were injured too!

What am I supposed to do"
    She exclaims. Maybe in front of Jane it is an awkward 'fight' between roommates.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Catarino

First things first: Figure out what's happened to you. Catarino checks if he's tied up, or has a blindfold on.

Second thing: Do it in the most discrete way possible. He makes sure no one can see him or hear him doing it.

Third: Listen. He listens for any voices.
    (OOC: Man, I did NOT see this post until, like, just now. My most sincere apologies for the delay.)

Somewhere

The light peeking through Catarino's eyelids tell him that he's not blindfolded, though the tightness around his wrists and ankles indicate that he's tied up. There's no indication that he's in any sort of storage container.

"...so wait a sec, why aren't we just pumping him up with tranqs the whole time?"

"Boss says it's bad for them. Dunno why, some sort of sciency thing I guess."

"Hmph. This really sucks, my show's on. Wish we didn't have to sit around watching Sleeping Beauty over here." Catarino can feel a foot lightly kicking him in the ribs.

Jason nods and proceeds to follow him.
    "Thank you."
    Masaki

Masaki pondered a little as he silently walks Jason to Hongakuteki.

"It's likely that I'm going to have to tutor him for the next few weeks or so...."

Cigarettes. Bored expression. Short hair.

"Heh. You'll make for a hell of a teacher, new guy. Won't even talk to your students. Not sure why you're even trying to be one anyway."

But what's the point? The purpose of a teacher is to relay information to students, nothing more.

He glances over to "You moved here from...America, I assume?"

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Hajime - Rooftops]

Hajime nods. He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cell phone. It seems to be a rather simple model, very cheap. In fact, in Academy City, such a model might even be considered archaic. "Before I go, do you think we should exchange phone numbers so that we can make contact with each other when we find a sign of Catarino's whereabouts?"
    "Good idea," she says, and exchanges phone numbers with him.

She looks out at the street. "Well," she says, "I better get working on the bot then."

(OOC: Man, I did NOT see this post until, like, just now. My most sincere apologies for the delay.)

Somewhere

The light peeking through Catarino's eyelids tell him that he's not blindfolded, though the tightness around his wrists and ankles indicate that he's tied up. There's no indication that he's in any sort of storage container.

"...so wait a sec, why aren't we just pumping him up with tranqs the whole time?"

"Boss says it's bad for them. Dunno why, some sort of sciency thing I guess."

"Hmph. This really sucks, my show's on. Wish we didn't have to sit around watching Sleeping Beauty over here." Catarino can feel a foot lightly kicking him in the ribs.
    Catarino didn't react or respond in any visual way.

Well, he thought, I know that there's a mastermind behind this, which probably means I won't get raped or anything. But then what use would they have with me?

He kept listening. Listening to the two watching him, and listening for some more airborne folk.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

"Good idea," she says, and exchanges phone numbers with him.

She looks out at the street. "Well," she says, "I better get working on the bot then."
    Hajime quickly saves her number, both in memory and on the phone, then pockets the archaic cellphone. "Alright. Then I shall start the search in District 15." He turns to walk away, his long white hair trailing behind him. "Good luck, Cici-san." is the last thing he says, before hopping down off of the rooftops, and walking to District 15.

If he isn't interrupted, he will soon arrive on the outskirts of District 15.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Jason

Jason thinks over the words, trying to formulate the right words in the sentence for the proper response.
    "Uhhh... ya. From the state of California."
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-10-11 at 01:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hisagi raises an eyebrow.

"You know, the usual. Freaking out cause I thought I killed you. Probably getting Sakurako in trouble. Same old, same old."
    "You got her into trouble, again?"

Katsu shakes his head and turns around when he reaches the bottom of the stairs.

"So... What class do we have now?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #384

Hisagi nods, shrugging.

"I thought I killed you, so I called her, forgetting that we have a longer lunch.

I think we have math right now. Did you not do the homework, or was it just me?

I should've probably rehearsed for the recital as well.
    "
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-10-11 at 12:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Catarino didn't react or respond in any visual way.

Well, he thought, I know that there's a mastermind behind this, which probably means I won't get raped or anything. But then what use would they have with me?

He kept listening. Listening to the two watching him, and listening for some more airborne folk.
    Somewhere

"So who's this guy, anyway?"

"Uhh, let's see..." Someone rummages around what sounds like his pockets. "...Sato Catarino."

"Foreigner eh? Thought so."

The second voice continues. "Level 3 ESPer, this says."

"Huh. What can he do?"

A pause.

"Uh...'Animal...Neuro...logical? Communication and Empathy: Focus on Genus Falco', or something like that."

"So, what, he talks to birds or something?"

"Looks like it."

The first speaker whistles. "Man, how'd boss get this kinda info?"

The sound of clothes ruffling--a shrug? "I ain't got a clue, man. Sources, I guess."

A snort. "Ha! Like there's any hawks in The Strange."

"Falcons."

"Huh?"

"Bird Boy here talks to falcons. That's what the paper says."

"...whatever, man."

Jason

Jason thinks over the words, trying to formulate the right words in the sentence for the proper response.
    "Uhhh... ya. From the state of California."
    Masaki

Masaki nods.

"I assume that you came to Japan to become a psychic?"

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hisagi nods, shrugging.

"I thought I killed you, so I called her, forgetting that we have a longer lunch.

I think we have math right now. Did you not do the homework, or was it just me?

I should've probably rehearsed for the recital as well.
    "
    Katsu nods and stares at the ceiling

"I think I did most of it but if the teacher asks about the square roots then I'm in trouble"

They arrive at the classroom

(Timeskip? We are a bit behind and a Math class sounds quite boring to roleplay )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Masaki

Masaki nods.

"I assume that you came to Japan to become a psychic?"
    "Uhhh..."
    He thinks for a bit.
    "...N-No. I had no idea I could become an esper... My mom got offered job here..."

He was forgetting something in his sentence wasn't he. Forgot a word or phrase he needed to speak properly...
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-10-12 at 03:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

"Uhhh..."
    He thinks for a bit.
    "...N-No. I had no idea I could become an esper... My mom got offered job here..."

He was forgetting something in his sentence wasn't he. Forgot a word or phrase he needed to speak properly...
    Masaki

He subtly corrects Jason. "Your mother was offered a job here? What kind, if you don't mind me asking?"

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Masaki

He subtly corrects Jason. "Your mother was offered a job here? What kind, if you don't mind me asking?"
    That was it. That was the part of the sentence he was forgetting. Wait, he asked another question. Lets see...
    "Some kind of... science... job... build things for city..."
    The temptation to open his English to Japanese dictionary was increasing with every word.

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Katsu nods and stares at the ceiling

"I think I did most of it but if the teacher asks about the square roots then I'm in trouble"

They arrive at the classroom

(Timeskip? We are a bit behind and a Math class sounds quite boring to roleplay )
    {Time skip.}

[Later; As In Afterschool]

Hisagi sprints out the door.

Screaming.

"FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"