New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Sad story
    A hug of friendliness for you. My dad has occasional anger issues, but he doesn't say anything that makes me feel like he'd honestly be better off without me sometimes.

2. - Top - End - #602

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

I offer you hugs my dashing-piratey friend.

*hugs*

Living with angry parents is never easy in my experience, unfortunately hugs are all I can give.

ION: Since I seem to be collecting Playgrounders I thought I might as well post a link to my facebook page.

So here it is.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

...Don't make me call a ghost on you, buddy.

Because I kind of only know one. And he's blue, so he might be lenient on you because you are a blue lobster.

Don't make me break out the boiling water, buddy.
    1) Bushranger is a ghost too.

2) Hermit Crab

3) If you try to boil sad little blue hermit crab Curly will murder you painfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    More seriously, I'm here to complain about the heat. Why the Sun holds a grudge against me, I'll never know. But it does. Oh, it does. And it won't rest until I reach the point where the feeling in my spine doesn't come back after a few minutes post-run.

And so, I'm concocting a scheme to destroy the sun. I'll be sure to drop back in after I've done it- let everyone know. Wouldn't want you to be in the dark about it.[/clever][/eyebrowwaggle][/evillaugh][/math]
    Oi! The sun's my ancient enemy! Get your own!

Though, right now, sun wouldn't be too bad. I'm a bit wet from the rain.
    Though I suppose having the sun come out at night would require weird and dangerous things to happen to cosmology.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I thought that was the Atlantic Ocean?

Introbubbly: I dunno what to say. I didn't know what to say the first 5 times I read that either. Maybe read CoffeeIncluded's most recent thread on here and compare your situations such that yours seems to not be quite so craptacular.

I guess the only positive is that if he hasn't gotten violent as a result of his anger and resentment at having kids issues by now, he probably won't... I think, anyway.

Man probably needs some therapy but I shudder to think what would occur if you were to suggest it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #605

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I thought that was the Atlantic Ocean?
    I've never referred to the Atlantic Ocean as my ancient enemy. I iust curse it from time to time.
    However I do sometimes go "Ah, sun, my ancient enemy..."
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

@The Playground: Ah...#^^# Thank you guys, for all your support. I was feeling a little down then, but I think now I feel a lot better. Thank you.

I don't really resent my dad, but...well, he just has anger management issues...he holds his anger in for so long that when he finally lets it out, he can't control what he says. It just...bothers me sometimes, because I'm afraid I might turn out like that too.

Ah...^^; But enough worrying about that. I think it's time to hug the forum.

*HUG*

There we go. ^^
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #607

because I'm afraid I might turn out like that too.
    If this happens, I will be very surprised. Also, curious as to what you'd have to say.
    "That dern Cobalt, him and his blasted ragglefraggle..."

Then I must declare my intentions to beat you to the punch. Have at you, for while you have the head start, experience, and skill, I-!

...Actually, that seems to be a drastic handicap that overshadows all attempts on my part to even the starting score.

In that case, wait up! How am I supposed to beat you if you keep on winning?!*

Though, right now, sun wouldn't be too bad. I'm a bit wet from the rain.
    It's the opposite here. It hasn't rained in weeks, excluding a drizzle this morning and earlier this afternoon.

It's dryyyyyyy outside. And while I'm happy the swamp wasn't wet enough to drown me when I wandered into that portion of my school's surrounding forest, it's still very, very hot outside.

*Not really, though, since the sun still comes out every day. But that's aside from the point.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-09-10 at 07:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel like I have no voice.
    So, I have a blog. But no one will read my blog unless it features odd perversions or celebrity gossip, so no voice from there. And most of what I want to talk about is politics and religion, so I can't talk about it here.... I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.

I can't go into more detail, because most of the rest of my feelings on the matter involve real world politics.
    Who made my awesome mad scientist hamster? Why Dr.Epic, of course.

Any Washington GitPers that want to have a meet up/play RPGs/Light things on fire, please PM me.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    So yes, the metal skeleton can be haulted by the power of rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Their souls taste of rancid trout and the foul aftertaste of failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    On the plus side, they did manage to teach me the proper sequence for the first six letters of the alphabet.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

I suggest you get into a deep conversation with someone then.

About something that deeply interests them.

Once you've gotten to know them a little better, you'll develop a friend, with whom you can share the sort of things you wish to talk about in exchange for listening to what they have to say.

Start small. Listen to someone, and give them comfort. You will find that over time, you might start to find that it's just as good to listen as it is to speak out.

As for an immediate outlet...hmm...what about a political forum? There's several of those around. Or you could try posting on other political blogs to get yourself disseminated a little faster. Try a few of these things, and see if any of it works.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610
    Dwarf in the Playground

The problem is that I am not strictly political. I talk about tech a lot as well, but the tech blog people hate political blogs, and the political people hate tech blogs.

Any Washington GitPers that want to have a meet up/play RPGs/Light things on fire, please PM me.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

On the plus side, they did manage to teach me the proper sequence for the first six letters of the alphabet.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dubious Pie View Post
    The problem is that I am not strictly political. I talk about tech a lot as well, but the tech blog people hate political blogs, and the political people hate tech blogs.
    What about people with completely random blogs? Do they hate everybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, basically.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613

I, too, am into politics, but I am into a great deal of other things as well. There are plenty of other things to talk about here in Random Banter. In fact, one can banter randomly with the best of them. A good conversation should allow you to fulfil your desires.

Wait a few years, and others in your peer group will become interested in politics and technology, too. Not to mention that after a while adults will begin to acknowledge your opinions.

At the moment you're at the worst age as far as your burning desire for communication weighed against the estimation of others is concerned. It can only get better from here.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, the hell that is intelligence in this society....
    Last edited by Dubious Pie; 2010-09-10 at 09:00 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

But no one will read my blog unless it features odd perversions or celebrity gossip... And most of what I want to talk about is politics and religion...
    Given the amount of odd perversions and weird celebrities involved in politics and religion, I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Sometimes you just have to make multiple blogs. Face it: any given political position is going to upset some proportion of techies. (And on the flip side, wonks aren't going to want to read non-political technical stuff at all.)
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

On the other hand, if you DO find some strange way to combine the two, you could call it a Politechal blog, and I'm pretty sure nobody would have the same name.

Hmm...politics and technology...maybe politics ABOUT technology?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

After months of planning...

My Eagle Scout Project starts tomorrow morning, 8:45 sharpish. I am tired, harried, and trying to make sure I have everything ready, but I'm still pumped that I finally have this up and running!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

My Eagle Scout Project starts tomorrow morning, 8:45 sharpish. I am tired, harried, and trying to make sure I have everything ready, but I'm still pumped that I finally have this up and running!
    Wow, you have a late start. Mine was only 8:00, really. I wish you good luck with it. You've definitely worked hard to get this far.

Now, do you have enough water? Enough screws? Are you really sure you have enough screws?

Now, I don't even know what you're doing, so those both may be inapplicable. But I wish you the best with the project, and wish I could help more.
    ~Inner Circle~
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #619
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Stay safe and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I had an odd dream that I found my GameBoy Color. I wish I did, but I left it on an Airplane when I was 6 years old. Oh well.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    It's the opposite here. It hasn't rained in weeks, excluding a drizzle this morning and earlier this afternoon.

It's dryyyyyyy outside. And while I'm happy the swamp wasn't wet enough to drown me when I wandered into that portion of my school's surrounding forest, it's still very, very hot outside.

Oh, how I would pay for a bit of sun and heat! The summer practically ended in the middle of June, and now the sun won't appear for longer than half a week in a row, and the temperature never rose past 20 degrees Celsius.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I had an odd dream that I found my GameBoy Color. I wish I did, but I left it on an Airplane when I was 6 years old. Oh well.
    Heh. From time to time, I've also dreamt dreams like that. They can be a bit annoying when you wake up and realise that it was all but a dream.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #622

Bah! Young people nowadays. When I was 6 years old, Gameboy Colours didn't even exist!
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #623

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bah! Young people nowadays. When I was 6 years old, Gameboy Colours didn't even exist!
    When I was six they had only just come out.

I lost mine inside a suitcase for a year and forgot it was there.....

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    :Heh. From time to time, I've also dreamt dreams like that. They can be a bit annoying when you wake up and realise that it was all but a dream.
    Yeah. I was depressed when I woke up.

I have horrible luck with Hand Held systems.

Lost Colour on an Airplane. Broke Advance screen. Gave completely functioning SP to a poor friend. Gave DS with broken hinges to a different poor friend.

And now I have a DS Lite (with crappy hinges). Which will probably be my last hand held ever. I think Pokemon BW will be the last game I buy for a hand held.

25. - Top - End - #625

When I was six years old, GameBoy had only been out for 4 months!

I'd get a new DS, but it seems like I've grown out of most of the games I'd want to get for it: mostly ports of old RPGs. Just don't seem to grab me like they once did. Sad, really, Breath of Fire 1 and 2 were great games.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    When I was six years old, GameBoy had only been out for 4 months!

I'd get a new DS, but it seems like I've grown out of most of the games I'd want to get for it: mostly ports of old RPGs. Just don't seem to grab me like they once did. Sad, really, Breath of Fire 1 and 2 were great games.
    I know what you mean. I've been tempted to head over to eBay and snag up some old Pokemon and Mario Games. And, of course, a Game Boy Advance.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-09-11 at 09:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #627

OrcBarbarianGuy

My DS is actually falling apart at the hinges, one of them is completely gone the other is on its way.

Not surprising considering I bought it two days after the UK launch.

28. - Top - End - #628

I know what you mean. I've been tempted to head over to eBay and snag up some old Pokemon and Mario Games. And, of course, a Game Boy Advance.
    Yeah, I've thought about it, but every old game port that I bought for the Advance/DS I never could actually keep interest in enough to get through. Didn't matter what it was, even Final Fantasy 6. Plus, any other game I wanted to get, like Super Mario World, I could just get on the Wii VC for cheaper.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Mhmmmm. Not enough of them are.

30. - Top - End - #630

Mhmmmm. Not enough of them are.
    I'm one of those uber-picky elitist gamers that only have a very small number of games I'd want to get