New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

There are many tropes that apply to me, but this one fits the best

If I actually cared what Siggy looks like now, I would say this is a great cliffhanger. But I don't Also, it's hard to take this strip seriously when an eyeball shot out of a tangled network cable monster explodes for no discernable reason other than to add to the absurdity.

Do you think we could convince Michael Bay to do a movie based on Dominic Deegan? Do you think it would be improved, or made even worse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Harmless?, what the heck do i have to do to get some respect, post pictures of my favorite DD hero, Supergreg in the thread?
    Well, in the Snark Context, you're more the Harmless Villain because, well, you seem like a nice enough guy but I don't think you'll ever convince anyone to leave the Snark Side
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Dominic Deegan is so bad right now it's not even really worth objectively analysing or "giving it a fair chance." This obviously effects my viewing of the comic but you could say the same things about liking something, and I try to scrutinise most things I read (like or dislike) in the same way (I just don't really talk about it.) It really does not deserve anything other than being torn apart, which is good because it's immensely fun. And I do usually point out when I like something Mookie's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition View Post
    If I actually cared what Siggy looks like now, I would say this is a great cliffhanger. But I don't Also, it's hard to take this strip seriously when an eyeball shot out of a tangled network cable monster explodes for no discernable reason other than to add to the absurdity.
    I think it's more important than that. The shieldface binds Siggy to Karnak's power, and without it he's free. TIM also has a history of getting out of servitude to Karnak and that's his power tower he's just blown up. I'm guessing that's what he's going for.

Also I have the most posts on this thread? What the hell? Didn't realise, sorry. My bad.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-16 at 10:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514

I didn't know it was the mask that was controlling Siggy; I thought the mask thing was just in keeping with the style of Karnak's followers, as in things that cover their faces/eyes (the blindfold for TIM, mask for Siggy/Evil!Jayden). When was it established that the masks were actually controlling entities?

Besides, we're working on Mookie's Razor here: Whatever makes sense or would be awesome, is not what's actually going on. Whatever makes the least sense or would only be awesome to Mookie, is what happens. I'm willing to bet it isn't anything so elaborate as "the mask is controlling him, and now he's free", and Siggy's still screwed because "Siggy Will Not Be Redeemed In This Arc Or Ever You Guys, Stop Liking Him!".

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

You're a horribly person

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Harmless?, what the heck do i have to do to get some respect, post pictures of my favorite DD hero, Supergreg in the thread?
    But Supergreg is gone. Long gone.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Eh. After the Bland arc, Supergreg is less glaringly stupid for me. It's still stupid...but now it's clearly just what Greg is: a walking pile of setting-destruction and wallbangers. It loses impact.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    I think it's more important than that. The shieldface binds Siggy to Karnak's power, and without it he's free. TIM also has a history of getting out of servitude to Karnak and that's his power tower he's just blown up. I'm guessing that's what he's going for.
    Sounds plausible... but illogical.

Unless...

The tentaclemountain is in hell to drain from Karnak's power, right? It seems obvious that Siggy has received a power-up by Karnak when he was promoted to hellish lieutenant. If the eyeballthingie has left him free of Karnak's control by draining all the power Karnak gave him, that'd be pretty cool.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't know it was the mask that was controlling Siggy; I thought the mask thing was just in keeping with the style of Karnak's followers, as in things that cover their faces/eyes (the blindfold for TIM, mask for Siggy/Evil!Jayden). When was it established that the masks were actually controlling entities?
    More as a symbol for Karnak's control over him and which was "shielding" his identity, I mean.

Besides, we're working on Mookie's Razor here: Whatever makes sense or would be awesome, is not what's actually going on. Whatever makes the least sense or would only be awesome to Mookie, is what happens. I'm willing to bet it isn't anything so elaborate as "the mask is controlling him, and now he's free", and Siggy's still screwed because "Siggy Will Not Be Redeemed In This Arc Or Ever You Guys, Stop Liking Him!".
    Just because he's not Karnak's slave any more doesn't mean he can't still be evil. Besides, he has nothing, he's been tormented since his death even though it wasn't his fault, he was already morally ambiguous and a jerk, he is in literally the worst place in the multiverse and everyone he could punish probably deserves it.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-16 at 10:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #519

Is Hell the worst place in the universe? What about that Chaos plane with the tangled network cable monsters? What about the Elemecca or whatever it is, that big machine that processes energy into planar matter? That's gotta suck to be stuck there.

The DD verse in general is no place to raise children, that's all I'm saying Not to say Hell is great shakes, but at least it has the best company

I can see the logic in the mask being a symbol of Karnak's power, but I can also see Siggy just mechanically putting the mask back on since it, by itself, does nothing, and Karnak's control is not so easily severed now that he is more or less the be-all-end-all of Hell's rulers (again, unless there are more demon lords around who escaped notice the first time) and he learned his lesson the first time with TIM (at least, he sort of did); this is using using the Mookie's Razor logic of "Siggy's still screwed because I want him to be screwed!", naturally.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

You're a horribly person

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

If we see Siggy's face, it's probably just covered in tentacles.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

No, I suspect that Siegfried has been released from Karnak's control through the destruction of his mask. This will make him a target for manipulation by Orc Infernomancer and Lady Infernomancer.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is Hell the worst place in the universe?
    No, that would be being in the same room as Smirking Greg and him being superior to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    If we see Siggy's face, it's probably just covered in tentacles.
    I'd certainly approve of that, cause it would mean Siggy's possessed by Snuggly.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

And Siggy certainly would be the most snuggly of Snuggly's servants.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

14. - Top - End - #524

Yo dawg I heard you like Siggy, so we put Snuggly in your Siggy so you can destroy sanity with tentacles while you are prejudiced against orcs.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

You're a horribly person

15. - Top - End - #525

Why did you lot stop linking to the updates? I think it's been three days! This makes it hard for me as I don't feel like looking until reading a bit about the updates, then I need a reference point and then there is no spoon. I mean, link.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblood View Post
    Why did you lot stop linking to the updates? I think it's been three days! This makes it hard for me as I don't feel like looking until reading a bit about the updates, then I need a reference point and then there is no spoon. I mean, link.
    I resent this comment. Why, just this very day I linked today's comic.

Just click on the picture and 'wonders' will appear.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    The Big Guy: averagejoe, Coidzor
    Interesting choice. I can't seem to escape from that, even on the anonymity of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Me, the Hero? I thought I was a Harmless Villain.
    Well, you're a villain toward Dominic, which makes you a hero. It's true, I did the maths.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

18. - Top - End - #528

The DD verse in general is no place to raise children, that's all I'm saying Not to say Hell is great shakes, but at least it has the best company
    Callan ain't the time or place to raise your kids
    You're better off in Hell
    And the seers would control them
    If you did

And all their magic, I don't understand.
    "Sometimes just magic," seems kind of weak.
    I'm fifth-caste MA~A~AN
    A fifth caste man.

Sixth ranger eh? Just according to keikaku.

EDIT: Also I just noticed - how did Siggy fall facedown, into an explosion that's throwing him backwards? And have the mask fall away from him?
    The best idea I have is that somehow he rotated about ninety degrees (sometimes torque is just torque), and was just skidding along Hell on his face between panels seven and eight. The mask stopped before he did.
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2010-09-16 at 12:34 PM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Added Curly and Deme to the snarker index.

I don't know. Do I seem more The Quiet One or, given a shave, I could easily be wearing my Stoic Spectacles.

I'm that guy in the group.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Go Dominic Deegan!

I mean … BOO Dominic Deegan! Yes, I'm definitely not a villain. << >>
    Last edited by FoE; 2010-09-16 at 12:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

I would be Demoted to Extra, but I never was anything more than extra, really.

But Supergreg is gone. Long gone.
    ... and was replaced by something arguably worse.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dragon View Post
    Yeeeeeesss . . . You will make a fine addition to this thread!

Thanks, but I'm iust starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I'm still very upset about what happens to Siggy in the long run. That's all I have to say, really. I'm upset about what happens to Dom and Greg and almost all other characters in the long run, but Siggy's ongoing fate actively upsets me. If I could go back in time and somehow fix one thing about DD, and one thing only, it'd be Siggy's story. I admit more could be done if I fixed something else, but it's my choice.
    Oh no, he's going to become possessed/manipulated by Teh Dominus' biggest enemy!
    Logic! Which from my reading of the Encyclopaedia proves to be the most fatal of all diaeases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    DD doesn't exactly map to analogs of the Comic Book ages; Dominic never punched out Hitler early on, and while there are superheroes in spandex I'd hardly call that DD's "Silver Age".

If I were to assign ages to arcs, it would go like this (minor plot spoilers):
    Spoiler
    Show

• Golden Age: Start to Visions of Doom. The comic is rough but it's early days, we can forgive that. Dom isn't uber at this stage. Age ends with Greg going Super Sayian as a bad sign of future development.
    • Downfall of Golden Age: Ecstasy and Evil. The first WTF arc that started the earliest snarker (way before my time). The power levels are ratcheted up a few notches.
    • Silver Age: Hello Nurse, Storm of Souls. It's now more about the super powers and Dom becoming uber. Still decent life signs in the plot. Some people think the comic should have ended here.
    • Bronze Age: First Day, Battle for Barthis, War in Hell. The next big plot cycle. There's still some good plot here, but this age features some of the most notorious wall banger moments. It's here that the Keenspot forum turned snarky.
    • Iron Age: Two Thief. The last decent plot. The basic rule of DD is every arc past Two Thief is somehow worse in some way.
    • Ice Age: Class Action, Snowsong, Shadow of Siegfried, Oracle Hunter. The comic becomes increasingly silly and Dom becomes insufferably superior. Full of wallbangers. Snowsong is the moment when auxillary fan sites like this one turned snarky.
    • Dragon Age: Oh Snap, Around the World, Built to Resist. While plot and characterisation was bent in the Ice Age to allow silly plots, this was where it was jettisoned so the comic could float wherever whims would take it.
    • Orc (Outr)Age: March Across Maltak. Dragon Age with a plot that turned out to not be a plot. Backgrounds and settings were lost. This arc broke many people.
    • Lost Age: A Nimmel House to present. The current age of 2010 (possibly not including current arc). We've now lost the lead characters and nothing seems to have a point.

That looks like a really good and silly summary. I'll keep track of this and the official arc names.
    This should be made the official snarky naming system.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Nah. He was once raped. Hilariously. And I don't think the author thought it was rape.

Which maybe proves your point.

I . . . await . . . this page of the webcomic. There will be pain.

He's a dude. He never gets a name either. People just call him The Infernomancer, or TIM. Because that is what he is.
    So there are some who call him . . . Tim. Well, TIM is also Iohn Cleese.

This is actually kind of neat. The early arcs have gotten it easy, what with not getting properly snarked. I may go back and do something similar. Plus the current arc is boring and nothing is happening. Though maybe we should have thought of this during Maltak.
    Thanks. There'll be more coming today. And now I know about the arcs, I can post a mini-review of each one as a whole as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, I enjoyed reading Koorly's stream of analysis.

I hope you keep it up.

Also, I concur with averagejoe, Trazoi, good stuff with that delineating of the ages.
    I will. I'm on a roll here, I haven't found this much to tear to pieces since - you know, I can't remember.

@The Laughing Man: Glad you think I'm worthy of immediately graduating to The Smart Guy. I'd have thought myself simply a mauve shirt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

That's the thing about this comic. Mookie is a Failure Genius, always finding new and innovative and (mostly) interesting ways to fail.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2010-09-16 at 01:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534

Yo dawg I heard you like Siggy, so we put Snuggly in your Siggy so you can destroy sanity with tentacles while you are prejudiced against orcs.
    I'm dreading that this will be exactly what happens, followed by Dominic saving rescuing Siggy from his torment through obliteration.

Well, you're a villain toward Dominic, which makes you a hero. It's true, I did the maths.
    But did you remember to carry the 2?
    LGBTitP

25. - Top - End - #535

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    I'm dreading that this will be exactly what happens, followed by Dominic saving rescuing Siggy from his torment through obliteration.
    This is how Rule 34 is born, you know, saying stuff like this out loud on the internet We know exactly who to blame when this shows up on 4chan now, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    But did you remember to divide by zero?
    Fixed

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

You're a horribly person

26. - Top - End - #536
    Firbolg in the Playground

Analysing Dominus Deegan

The Golden Age*
    A Frail Hope of Adequate Enjoyment 21/05/2002 - 17/07/2002 Arcs covered: Oracle for Hire, The Curse
    The First Signs of Serious Psychological Issues Appear 18/07/2002 - 4/12/2002 Arcs covered: The Curse, Luna, Into the Woods

In Which Teh Great Dominus Indulges in Torture and Terrifies Me

5/12/2002 - 21/02/2003
    Arcs covered: Into the Woods, Couch Forts and Crying
    Spoiler
    Show

From the first page of the day (about midway through the Woods arc) we see that Deegan reacts to surprises poorly. I'm assuming this is because his reliance on his seer powers has left him almost incapable of reacting to anything unforseen or unusual. By relying on his prescience which allows him to act only if the outcome is beneficial to him (please refer to The First Signs of Serious Psychological Issues Appear in which he only contemplates moving his life forward only if the crystal ball says it'll be good) and his first reaction to surprise is to flee it.
    We're on the first page of this essay's analysis, and it's not going well for Dominus. On the plus side, Mookie is keeping characterisation consistent.
    Characterisation takes a step forward as the plan evading TIM is employed and fails. It is extremely disturbing to realise that Dominus' first idea is to use his disabled sibling and two innocent bystanders to distract or defeat a magician capable of attacking a dryad and her companion. He didn't choose to use his magically capable assistant, or a magical being who causes humans to faint. He chooses his little brother and two muggles. Yes, Gregory has magic, but the previous time he used it it heavily implies he needs the staff not iust for walking, but also as a magical focus.
    Dominus, in his self-centered fashion, has stolen his brother's only means of viable defence, and left him alone with two incompetent thieves to protect him. The thieves, being pragmatic flee, and Dominus' plan allows TIM to impale his 'beloved' little brother. And thus Dominus now has to face up to the consequences of his actions.
    In which . . . . we find out that the Great Dominus took his brother's form, implying - quite horrifically - that Dominus fantasises about fatally wounding his sibling. This is one of the people with whom he should have the deepest bonds; he is family, and the Dominus shows as much care and empathy for him as he does everyone else bar Luna and those he can manipulate at any given time - absolutely none. And here Dominus likens himself to a "Devil", his subconscious knows he is evil. Oh, and by making Luna his romantic interest, and one who reciprocates said romance, cast the illusion resulting in his mortal wounds; we see that even she isn't exempt from his callousness and complete lack of all emotional and social understanding.
    Need we forget that it was perhaps a week ago that Dominus prevented her from killing herself the first time? And that he knows she's emotionally unstable, yet he iust made her watch her only friend and companion get brutally attacked; and it's her assistance that made it possible.
    This kind of twisted perversity is clearly designed to show Luna that if he dies it will be her fault, and then she will once more be completely alone. And it will be her fault.
    The result of this 'flawless plan' by Teh Great Dominus is emotional damage and psychological distress, with two of the closest people to Dominus mourning his death. Only for Dominus to appear similing, as if revelling in the pain he has caused his brother and prospective girlfriend.
    Then he proceeds to gloat, knowing full well that his iniury was deliberate and intended to cause maximum pain to both his companions. He escapes unscathed, reinforcing his built-in belief that he will never experience any negative results from his plans, even if they're well-deserved.
    This is not a safe fantasy comic. This is actually becoming terrifying. Dominus isn't made aware of the consequences of his actions. He will become a megalomaniac. And probably a psychopath. Are we completely certain Dominus is a hero, because the comic is seven months old, and Dominus hasn't shown many heroic tendencies. And when he has, they're coldly manipulative and cause lasting pain to those around him.
    The author should also mention that he abandoned the dying dryad and her lover to die. And that in the strip before and after that one, Dirk and the dryad receive more emotional development and characterisation than any of the other characters outside of Stunt and Bumper (whose romance I trust is going strong). This is geniunely touching, and they're the only words she's spoken. There aren't any negative consequences for that either. Neither is he iniured as he should be after admitting outright to his manaical machinations. The epilogue for this arc (and introduction to the next) is a bit sad, and the Mookie one openly admits to poor pacing.

The next arc starts here, despite what the archive says. And already we see that Dominus' anti-social behaviour has come to the fore, openly disapproving of his brother's actions. His little brother who is probably about fifteen to eighteen years old from artwork alone. Gregory is entitled to childishness. And lest we forget the actions of a mere three hours ago, the couch fort probably symbolises Gregory's need to be safe and surrounded by comfort. This is something Greg probably never received from his cold and distant big brother. Furthermore, his possible girlfriend finally shows an emotional reaction to the trauma of three hours ago (as stated by Mookie himself) by crying and Dominus is still concerned only for his personal wellbeing.
    Oh.
    No.
    Wait.
    That would be giving Luna more depth and rounding out her character, showing that she cares for the person on whom she is dependant for everything. She instead cries because she's ugly. And here I thought there would be character development for someone other than the Great Dominus. But really, Dominus almost dying, getting involved fighting TIM, being forced to participate in helping your only friend's maiming and other assorted emotional, psychological and phsyical fallout is nothing at all.
    I believe this is the first true instance of Death is Cheap in the Domiverse.
    This page brings us back the romantic blush as Dominus attempts once more to console someone, and to actually reach out to another person; and instead he makes a cruel pun, knowing full well that she is suicidal and self-hating. I would not be surprised if this lead to Luna self-harming later on. Her only friend and confidant mocks her. He tries once more to empathise with someone, but he again turns to his own needs, citing his temporary discomfort and need to be alone as more important than helping a suicidal woman. And this is a seer. Someone whose very existance and gift denotes helping people.
    Our arc ends with Luna making another desparate attempt to please her friend. This may even be an attempt to apologise for creating the illusion which harmed the Great Dominus - such a sin deserves reparation! Who cares about Luna's feelings? Not Dominus, who views himself above all others.

Characterisation:
    Dominus is evil. He is cold, cruel, sociopathic, anti-social, potentially psycopathic and megalomaniacal. His reluctance to be hurt in any fashion is second only to causing the most pain to those around him. Hence his almost death in Into the Woods. FEAR THE DOMINUS. Seriously.
    Gregory seems to idolise his big brother. So his actions here are perfectly natural, he retreats back into childhood after the supposed death of his sibling. He loves his brother despite the constant insults wherein Dominus mocks Gregory's disability. I pity the boy.
    Luna almost had a second dimension added to her character. But the WIll of Mookie and Dominus stopped her from becoming a stronger person in any way, leaving her fully dependant on Dominus again.
    Stunt and Bumper are consistent in their portrayal, they are pragmatic, with Stunt being the more ruthless; and yet they are heroic enough (or mercenary enough) to participate in a plan which they know can only end poorly for them. They both saw what TIM did, and yet they helped anyway. They could have fled, taking the money with them, but they remained anyway. These two are the heroes of this essay.
    Dirk and Dryad clearly adore each other, and in a mere three pages develop emotionally, creating a truly heartwarming moment. And we know next to nothing about them. In contrast Dominus and Luna's positive emotional development remains nil.

*Ages as defined by Trazoi here.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-16 at 03:18 PM. Reason: T is for typo

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #537

Okay, so, here are the new and improved Snarkerangers. I may have gotten the dates wrong though, so feel free to correct me.

Rolling Stones (i.e. Since Snowsong)

The Hero: Trazoi

The Lancer: Jahkaviah

The Smart Guy: Colonel Slime

The Big Guy: averagejoe

The Chick Tomboy: Rappy

The Sixth Ranger: Webox

Those Two Guys: Oracle Hunter and Domochevzky, Tamer Bill and inchini_sanchigo

The Pollyanna: Doompuppy

Trickster Mentor: Fawkes

Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Wraith

Mauve Shirt: Mauve Shirt

Red Shirt Academy (i.e. After Matlak)

Femme Fatale (?): Lilith

Team Mom: Glass Mouse

Wholesome Crossdresser: Saint Ridley

The Stoic: Coidzor

Action Girl: rocketpony

Genius Ditz: Deme

Girl Genius: Koorly

Starving Artist: Humbug

The Spock: M84

Dark Magic Girl: Death Dragon

Recurring Extra: Even Human

Funny Background Event: Thanqol

Anti Hero: T-O-E, Thrawn183

The Unfettered: Ignition

The Fettered/The Ishmael: TheLaughingMan

The Watchmen (i.e. our lurker friends)

The Seer (tee hee): Palmer

Mysterious Informant: Khosan

Evilly Affable: Welf von Ehrwal

True Neutral: Slayn82

Mysterious Watcher: Garland

Team Rocket (i.e. Mookie's lone fans)

Affably Evil: Lord Khaine

Orwellian Editor: Mr. Death

The Mole: Silverblood

The Mask: StrpDefenstrato

Anti Villain: Mookie
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-19 at 11:56 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

28. - Top - End - #538

Hey LaughingMan, can I be on the roster as The Unfettered? I think it fits well, and is also in keeping with my snarking style: the point is not to berate Mookie or fill my bile fascination, just to analyze his work and the reactions to it to make my own work better. It is a lot of fun to snark, though just in my case, it is going towards a larger end.

Oh, and also, everything* is an acceptable target to my snarking

*in moderation, naturally

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

You're a horribly person

29. - Top - End - #539

Done and done.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

Being just two days shy of three years since I first posted in a DD thread, I suppose it's about time I did one of these...

Name: Doompuppy
    Started Reading: Near the beginning of the comic
    Joining GiTP Thread: First post was 2007-09-18, on page 28/301 of the giant thread of doom. Had been lurking for a good while beforehand. I still lurk most of the time despite keeping up with the thread at least once or twice per day.
    Starting Disposition: Sketchy art, but amusing enough with the puns and the whatnot (this was back in the earliest comics back in Lynn's Brook before Luna even entered the story)
    Time to Convert: Aardvark, or so. Even the start of the Snowsong arc I wasn't completely converted, as even a pseudo-villain being distracted by chocolate cake for comedy's sake could have been acceptable and even a little charming if the tone had remained light and comedic through the arc. Yeah, I can be a bit of an optimist...
    Current Stance: Always check the comic before the thread, but the thread is the main reason to keep up with the comic. Still can't summon up any real hate for the comic on most days, as it's not my style. But the fanon makes it a) more amusing and b) make more sense.
    Not a robot