New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Well, I enjoyed reading Koorly's stream of analysis.

I hope you keep it up.

Also, I concur with averagejoe, Trazoi, good stuff with that delineating of the ages.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-15 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

With Koorly's arrival, I believe I can form a five man band out of us. Sort of. Go ahead and form your own if you want.

The Hero: Trazoi

The Lancer: Oracle Hunter. And, um, Palmer. Why not.

The Smart Guy: Koorly, Colonel Slime

The Big Guy: averagejoe, Coidzor

The Chick: DeathDragon, Seme

The Sixth Ranger: Myself, rocketpony

Go go Snarkerangers!
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-16 at 12:16 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

confused Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Me, the Hero? I thought I was a Harmless Villain.

4. - Top - End - #484

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    You made known the Sneaky Gate, and have been pivotal to snark ever since. Pat yourself on the back, man.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-16 at 12:11 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

No, you're thinking of Lord Khaine

By the by, I'm calling dibs on The Obi Wan
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

6. - Top - End - #486

I call dibs on Mysterious Watcher.

7. - Top - End - #487

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Ah, man. That means the rest of us are Mauve Shirts and Red Shirts.

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Heyall,

Ah, man. That means the rest of us are Mauve Shirts and Red Shirts.
    Oi speak for yourself, I can always get out of is by being ´the Chick´
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Oi speak for yourself, I can always get out of is by being ´the Chick´
    Hey, good thinking! You can be the heroine, and I can be... wait, if there's two of us, that means... aw, I'm the Vasquez
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

10. - Top - End - #490

And what about me? >_>

11. - Top - End - #491
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm not sure, save that 90% of people in Dominion look like Stunt. It's been a slay meme since forever.
    This strip features "the" Stunt's head. I'm not sure if there are any slays before that.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

In the spirit of the 1-panel recaps:

Buy Spy-Eye!

Humbug - your version is very good but I fear its dramatic vibe is entirely unfit to DD, a light comedy that tries to take itself seriously.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2010-09-16 at 05:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Hey, good thinking! You can be the heroine, and I can be... wait, if there's two of us, that means... aw, I'm the Vasquez
    You can be the chick then and I´ll just go for the action girl! Or be a Magical Girl, or a Magical action girl! Damn this list is long!

14. - Top - End - #494

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    And what about me? >_>
    You can be the Team Pet that doubles as a Killer Rabbit.

Me? I'm one of Those Two Guys who doesn't really serve any purpose except to fill out the cast and provide comic relief. Except I'm never funny.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Who am Me, who am I?

Miay - ???

16. - Top - End - #496

I am Spartacus!
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    The Big Guy: averagejoe, Coidzor
    GORDON'S ALIVE!?

Seriously though, I've made some sort of impression? @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm just fifth caste. Would anyone like some soup?

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    I'm just fifth caste. Would anyone like some soup?
    You can't be fifth caste. You have a name!

... Ack! I just spent four hours on TVtropes! Damn you, snarkers, for luring me there! I was supposed to read about national culture!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

20. - Top - End - #500

And so we all learned a valuable lesson about ditching your body armor just to illustrate a time skip. I guess this sort of thing is why Karnak usually puts him on souldozer duty.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2010-09-16 at 07:10 AM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

21. - Top - End - #501

Oooh! Killer rabbit pet. I like that role very much! I'd like to look like the bunny from monty python with the blood dribbling off my fangs.

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Humbug - your version is very good but I fear its dramatic vibe is entirely unfit to DD, a light comedy that tries to take itself seriously.
    Heh, yea, my style isn't really meant for comedy, if you read my comics, you'll find that I love dramatic serious stuff, with lots and lots of dynamic panels!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Me? I'm one of Those Two Guys who doesn't really serve any purpose except to fill out the cast and provide comic relief. Except I'm never funny.
    Can I be the other guy of Those Two Guys then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    Can I be the other guy of Those Two Guys then?
    If there's already two of Those Two Guys, I guess I'm down to grabbing a Recurring Extra spot.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

...Wait, am I meant to be The Chick, or is there the stronger half of a Yaoi pair lurking here that I haven't met?

In either way, I may want to join officially-like.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Deme
    Started Reading: Originally? Somewhere around the First Day/Battle for Barthis area. It's a little foggy, and where the archive ended and reading began, I cannot say. I quit after a while, so I really don't remember.
    Joining GiTP Thread: Thread 27, can't find the date.
    Starting Disposition: It was sort of a cute, not great, high-fantasy life comic. Like Sluggy, only fantasy and a lot lamer. Should have ended at the final splash page of Soul of Souls, and it would have been pretty good, and the ending sweet. Also, Strip Slays = awesome.
    Time to Convert: Supergreg and Oracle Hunter (or somewhere in that set of bad arcs, before vacation) made me quit, but I was snarking a bit in my heart, lurking on Keenspot before that point. I noticed a strip slay thread here, and was perplexed by the madness I saw, read the archives...and joined the snark.
    Current Stance: ...Still should have ended right here. Mookie's not going to find as good an ending page for this story again... As of now? It's pretty bad. Mookie seems nice, but really... This has just gone a million times wrong.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-16 at 08:18 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

25. - Top - End - #505

Okay, admittedly, I don't really have any training with weapons use or any real knowledge of how to use them, so i don't know if I"m right or wrong here. But it's bugging me: Every time a guy has a sword in his right hand, wouldn't it be most efficient to swing from right to left? Not these backhanded left-to-right swings that Mookies keeps doing?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

26. - Top - End - #506

Being the Uke isn't so bad, just be really weepy and useless and bend over and take it (while being very really weepy) when the Seme demands it!
    Last edited by Humbug; 2010-09-16 at 08:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Being the Uke isn't so bad, just be really weepy and useless and bend over and take it (while being very really weepy) when the Seme demands it!
    And really cheerful the rest of the time. Being the Uke requires having all of your partner's excess emotions so he can be dramatic and brooding with no outward sign. *had a friend who was an expert on these things, so she got a lot of exposure to it*

...Hey, I wonder if that's why everyone in DD is so bipolar. They're all the Uke to some sort of negaverse Seme, where DD is tasteful epic fantasy!
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-16 at 08:28 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ninja_penguin View Post
    Okay, admittedly, I don't really have any training with weapons use or any real knowledge of how to use them, so i don't know if I"m right or wrong here. But it's bugging me: Every time a guy has a sword in his right hand, wouldn't it be most efficient to swing from right to left? Not these backhanded left-to-right swings that Mookies keeps doing?
    For sheer force, yes. We aren't in an actual sword fight where a backhand stroke might possibly be useful due to the opponent's guard and anyway most backhand slashes in sabre fencing are to get a beat parry in so you can then quickly flick into a right to left slash to the face.

I know that probably made no sense.

Also, spoilered for Curly's sake:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Mask is off. Do we now get to see Demon Siggy's face?

Also, what would I be in this new hierarchy of roles?

I'll add our new people to the snarker index at some point later today.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2010-09-16 at 08:46 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

29. - Top - End - #509

Oooh! Killer rabbit pet. I like that role very much! I'd like to look like the bunny from monty python with the blood dribbling off my fangs.
    How about a white rabbit, with blood red eyes, a giant mouth and a red plunger in it's right hand?
    Also you can be my pet, me being the Magical Warrior Girl.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    His expressed idea was, "Read the comic, form opinion, disregard the opinions of others entirely because they're worthless."
    I know. I agreed with the first part, disagreed with the last.
    You are close, though not entirely correct.

Its "Read comic, form opinion, disregard the opinion Of people who doesnt even try to give the comic a fair chance.

The problem is just that most people only try to find negative things about the comic, and in that case i do feel justified in disregarding their opinion, though its because i disagree with it.

No, you're thinking of Lord Khaine
    Harmless?, what the heck do i have to do to get some respect, post pictures of my favorite DD hero, Supergreg in the thread?
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2010-09-16 at 09:44 AM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar