New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

How cute! Babby Demon Siggy has learnt his first word and is calling for his mama! Don't worry Li'l Siggy, Mama Karnak's got a nice meal of regurgitated demon when she finds you!

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Babby Demon Siggy
    How is babby formed?

3. - Top - End - #1353

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    How is babby formed?
    They need to do way instain mother who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back? it was in the news this mroing a mother in calan who had kill her tuskd kid. they are taking the tusk back to malak too orc to rest my pary are with the chief who lost his children ; i am truley sorry for your lots

Uh... what were we talking about again?

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Removes armor*

Do it Siggy, remove the symbol of your opressor!

*Spawns the exact same armor*

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Watch how the Mother Siggy looks for her young. Out of desperation she howls loudly, hoping that the pups will recognize her voice and come towards her. Sadly what the mother doesn't know is that her young already have been eaten. It's a harsh world, but so is nature."
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, the irony. This has got to be intentional, right?

7. - Top - End - #1357

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    It's becoming a self parody. Pretty soon, the comic will be so incredulous it'll be mocking itself simply by existing.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

8. - Top - End - #1358

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    "No Quarter!"

Can someone explain why the fact Mighty Man doesn't have change is important?

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    *Removes armor*

Do it Siggy, remove the symbol of your opressor!

*Spawns the exact same armor*

I'm amazed that Mookie gave himself the opportunity to give Siegfried a new look and somehow didn't make him look less like a male stripper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    It's becoming a self parody. Pretty soon, the comic will be so incredulous it'll be mocking itself simply by existing.
    You mean it hasn't already?

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

10. - Top - End - #1360

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    That particular issue has been with the comic from the beginning. I remember a whole bunch of newsposts where Mookie declares his love of Silver Age style comics with pure heroes and silly plots, while decrying the grim and gritty Dark Age style comics. Then he makes another gory arc about a wave of demons.

That link back to Oh Snap! reminded me how silly the premise of that whole arc was. Apparently no-one in power in Callan seems to care that if a powerful seer has a breakdown they become a powerful psionic WMD. Instead of carting Dominic off to an institution they prefer to send threatening letters about "dangerous" resistants like Dex.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

I actually think Mookie tried on the art today. I am shocked.

12. - Top - End - #1362

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

That link back to Oh Snap! reminded me how silly the premise of that whole arc was. Apparently no-one in power in Callan seems to care that if a powerful seer has a breakdown they become a powerful psionic WMD. Instead of carting Dominic off to an institution they prefer to send threatening letters about "dangerous" resistants like Dex.
    Dominic is just lucky he isn't living in Warhammer 40000. To be fair, it's possible that most people don't know about the "Mindbreak" thing -- if that was public knowledge, it would actually justify the villager's mistrust of Dominic in the first story arc. It's also heavily implied that most seers aren't as powerful as Dominic and Celesto and thus aren't likely to break. Then again, it's happened often enough for people to come up with a name to describe the phenomenon...

I can just imagine an evil regime like Callan weaponizing seers like this: spend months pissing them off with torture then quickly teleport them onto the battlefield moments before they go critical -- instant psychic nuke!

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Dominic is just lucky he isn't living in Warhammer 40000.
    Everyone who isn't living in Warhammmer 40000 is lucky they aren't living in Warhammer 40000.

14. - Top - End - #1364

GnomeWizardGuy

I can just imagine an evil regime like Callan weaponizing seers like this: spend months pissing them off with torture then quickly teleport them onto the battlefield moments before they go critical -- instant psychic nuke!
    They did have Celesto in their magic prison while in constant mental combat with an eldritch creature from beyond. Or rather, Dominic left him there for a month knowing what could happen if he broke.

I'm somewhat torn about this arc as it has gone so far. On the one hand, most of the arc has consisted of Siggy yelling at Karnak while Karnak and the two infernomancers have flashbacks. On the other, we've had one of the ultra-rare bona fine plot advancements of the year in this arc, so at least something has happened.

Srsly, here's the list of important plot elements that I've seen in 2010 that look like they might possibly have some significance later:
    1. Maltak is restored.
    2. Celesto escapes prison (may or may not be that critical if he's still meditating trying to defeat Snuggly and whether the magic flux that freed him is important or instantly forgotten)
    3. Siggy destroys TIM's connection to Hell and goes rogue.

That's it for 2010. And the first was essentially the main plot point of 2009 gone overtime, and the second may or may not be that relevant.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Everyone who isn't living in Warhammmer 40000 is lucky they aren't living in Warhammer 40000.
    I don't know much about Warhammer 40000, but wouldn't the Maltak orcs be better off? I can't see how their life expectancy would be any worse, and at least they would be having fun.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2010-10-04 at 06:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

Srsly, here's the list of important plot elements that I've seen in 2010 that look like they might possibly have some significance later:
    1. Maltak is restored.
    2. Celesto escapes prison (may or may not be that critical if he's still meditating trying to defeat Snuggly and whether the magic flux that freed him is important or instantly forgotten)

That's it for 2010. And the first was essentially the main plot point of 2009 gone overtime, and the second may or may not be that relevant.
    That really isn't much. I suggest to call one of the next treads "waiting for Snuggly".
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    I actually think Mookie tried on the art today. I am shocked.
    True. Today's comic is pretty decent. But it still made my mind go funny places:

Spoiler
    Show
    Truth resists simplicity.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

Really, someone must compile all the pokemon slays in one place. Also, make some more.

...Oh, and has anyone ever crossed that Girl Genius strip with the "hand cranked runcible gun" and anything involving Runcible Spoon? Because I'd love to see that.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

18. - Top - End - #1368

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runcible
    I don't think there's a need to link every runcible thing to Dominic Deegan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runcible
    I don't think there's a need to link every runcible thing to Dominic Deegan.
    I'm aware of the history. I just think it would be funny, and there is always a need for funny.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

20. - Top - End - #1370

1. Maltak is restored.
    You're totally forgetting!
    1. Greg invents a BOLD NEW MUSICAL GENRE.
    2. An outpost of tour guides / scientists / roughnecks are all extremely killed under suspicious circumstances, and nobody in Callan blinks.

To be fair, it's possible that most people don't know about the "Mindbreak" thing -- if that was public knowledge, it would actually justify the villager's mistrust of Dominic in the first story arc.
    Given that Dominic is apparently a misanthrope, and his portfolio of powers includes "can break into your mind," "could be watching you at any time," and "can access dark secrets from your past," I would say that mistrust of Dominic is actually pretty reasonable. It's a pretty useful power for criminals. Oh, what's the vault's combination? Done. Oh, which of these houses is poorly guarded? That one. Which of these guys is the most important hostage? Oh hey. Here comes the city guard! COME, SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME, FRIEND.

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Edit: Removed sneaky gate link, due to Rocketpony being a no-good NINJA!
    Rockets make ponies fast
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

21. - Top - End - #1371

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

I don't know much about Warhammer 40000, but wouldn't the Maltak orcs be better off? I can't see how their life expectancy would be any worse, and at least they would be having fun.
    Without going into further detail (since this isn't a WH40K thread), I'd imagine the Orks would kill Maltak Orcs on principle since they aren't "Orky" enough. It takes more than being green, tusked, and willing to kill each other at the drop of a hat to be a true Ork.

Edit:

As for the actual comic:

It looks like Siggy is molting his old skin, and a demonic carapace is erupting out of it. Would it be better or worse if he tore off his face ala Jacob to finish the act?
    Last edited by M84; 2010-10-04 at 10:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Today's comic was boring. I was having a good morning, but then I read it and immediately became bored. I'm still a little bored by this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    "No Quarter!"

Can someone explain why the fact Mighty Man doesn't have change is important?
    Okay. I laughed at this. I shouldn't have but I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    I'm amazed that Mookie gave himself the opportunity to give Siegfried a new look and somehow didn't make him look less like a male stripper.
    Mookie seems to be able to draw three types of outfits:

1) Modern-day normal clothes.
    2) Stripper clothes.
    3) Robes

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    2. An outpost of tour guides / scientists / roughnecks are all extremely killed under suspicious circumstances, and nobody in Callan blinks.
    And you're forgetting:
    1. The coldfire academy gets a new, racist and emotionally unstable teacher. Oh, and nobody blinks.
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2010-10-04 at 02:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    And you're forgetting:
    1. The coldfire academy gets a new, racist and emotionally unstable teacher. Oh, and nobody blinks.
    Racist? I don't remember that part? I remember his open-minded tolerance of runts, despite the societal penalties he faced! All of which vanished pretty much instantly as soon as that one girl was a jerk.

25. - Top - End - #1375

Racist? I don't remember that part? I remember his open-minded tolerance of runts, despite the societal penalties he faced! All of which vanished pretty much instantly as soon as that one girl was a jerk.
    That's because you blocked it out, not because it didn't happen.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Yeah, Nimmel was just like all other Callanians, ultimately: interested in the power, not the people. Yawn, who didn't see that coming, etc.

Man I can't even get up a good rage about any of this anymore. It's just too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

27. - Top - End - #1377

>.>
    <.<

I am ashamed that I forgot that.

It makes the jerk girl's comments completely reasonable.

ALSO check out Milov and check out Siggy. Is this... SYMBOLISM?
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2010-10-04 at 03:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mookie probably thinks that's "bad ass" because siggy managed to grow that thing out of will.

There are "bad" and "ass" but not in the way he expect.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    ...Oh, and has anyone ever crossed that Girl Genius strip with the "hand cranked runcible gun" and anything involving Runcible Spoon? Because I'd love to see that.
    Well, there's already a pre-made runcible's head. just gotta shoop it in, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #1380

GnomeWizardGuy

Without going into further detail (since this isn't a WH40K thread), I'd imagine the Orks would kill Maltak Orcs on principle since they aren't "Orky" enough. It takes more than being green, tusked, and willing to kill each other at the drop of a hat to be a true Ork.
    It still sounds better than life in Maltak.

I'm ignoring stuff that could have happened off-panel and we wouldn't care.

Srsly again: Greg said he was forming a band anyway, and the fate of the outpost doesn't look like it will have an effect on anyone else. All the Walk the Wild Edge arc did in the overall plot is send Stunt packing, and that could have been accomplished by Stunt simply being fired again. Plus it's Stunt - it's not as if he's going to have a major effect on anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    And you're forgetting:
    Also not sure whether the werewolves or Nimmel's new position are going to do anything. Probably the only change from that arc was "Nimmel gets a new haircut".

I'm just bemused that, after three boring filler arcs, we've now got one that is advancing the plot - and it mostly consists of flashbacks to stuff we already knew and Siggy yelling "Karnak". Good grief - when Dominic had his mini-mindbreak in 2008 did he kill the plot?