New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi] Twilight the lynching: The Gathering Storm

Azazel
    Sam isn't burned. His father can be thanked for that. He does, however, need to breathe. He begins beating and slapping the sides of the stove desperately trying to shove himself aside and get air, not match for your terrible strength.
    Then suddenly your flung off him into a wall. Telekinesis.
    Sam pulls his head out, his face red, taking deep, gasping breaths, barely able to remain on his feet. He's still not backing down. He's got courage at the very least.

Quenthal
    "You will find it when you are ready." She replies, and just like that the talk is ended. Your hands are prickly, as though a horde of prickly spiders just ran up them, and you feel a need to cleanse yourself.
    Malus is on his second bottle. No effect yet, the daemon makes it so hard for him to feel anything that he has to drink a ungodly amount to feel anything.

Elric, Morbius
    The two of you come to the hotel. Blade is booking rooms for himself, Roland and Dante.

Eddie and Scott
    Ophelia shrugs. "Do you think this happens to me any more often then it happens to you?" She replies, raising a delicate eyebrow. "Because it doesn't. This is still your world, remember, so it's you that you should be asking. Hell, I thought I had to hunt my own meals until a week ago, and was getting very sick of hanging around in alleyways trying to gut cars, looking for the soft juicy center." One of her hands slips to her knife, as if for reassurance.

Dante
    The Kurgan should be fairly easy to track. Just follow the twisted metal, and shocked people.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-15 at 10:18 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

(I'm assuming Kurgan meets the gang outside the hotel.)

"Kurgan. The Immortal mass murderer and rapist." Solomon notes grimly, drawing his rapier. He makes a pointed glance at his heavily armed and powerful companions. Then at Kurgan. Then at his buddies again.

"Take him down." Drawing his revolver, he shoots Kurgan in the head. Then the chest. Then the stomach. Then his sword hand. He keeps shooting until the revolver clicks empty. Hopefully, his friends will open fire in turn, leaving the Immortal temporarily disabled due to massive trauma, crushed limbs, and general being-on-fire, allowing Solomon to safely decapitate the monster.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-15 at 10:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Halfling in the Playground

Azazel

The demon's smile disappears in a heartbeat as he's bashed against a wall. Sam has just upgraded from annoyance to threat, in his book. The way these things go, he may well start sprouting powers all over the place. 'Good guys' tended to do that, in his experience.

The demon is suddenly beside Sam again, and tries to grab his bloodied hair. With the other hand, he snatches his arm, attempting to dislocate it at the shoulder with a violent twist.

Hand clasped on his hair, if successful, Azazel will try to smash Sam's face into the stove. Repeatedly.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-09-15 at 10:20 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Azazel
    After three hits, he's stopped moving. After five, he's insensate and unconscious. He lies there, barely breathing, in no position to fight back.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Khansas.
    The Night blanketed all of the world for a brief moment; not a speck of daylight penetrated, except for the blood red light of the Moon. A howl not heard for over a century echoed throughout the winds, and where once there had been corn fields, now a large castle that only barely conformed to reality's view on Geometry stood. It was grand, and in more than a few ways, terrifying. No human still alive recognized it, but many had heard tales of it. The older mystics and wizards, for they had lived far longer than any mere man, would recognize it, and know true dread. For withen it stood an army of demons from the darkest pits of hell. Whispers of the damned rang out through it's walls and into the landscape beyond.

Alucard, and even his granddaughter feel a gnawing deep inside them. IT had returned, and so to had an ancient grudge of Alucard's; one just as old as Van Helsing, and far far older than his service to Integra.

In the house of the two Fae Mothers, a single candle goes out, and a chill that seems to hurt even Winter itself sets in.

In the Vatican, His Holiness moves his head, calling together the forces at his array.

In the Nightside, those who had transcended mortality and so were not in as much danger begin wagering on how many will die. The Street of the Gods finds a small church that always arrives with the Castle.

Vampires of every court feel a mixture of pride, joy, and fear; The Greatest of Their Number had returned.

Any mystic on this Earth can feel the disturbance, as if a thousand voices rang out in terror, and were quickly silenced. Hell had moved part of it's domain to Earth, and it would not be leaving soon without intervention.

Deep withen the walls, an evil centuries old and undying waited, slouched on his throne. He had been in exile for too long; once more he would wipe humanity off the face of the world; for he was Count Dracula, holder of the Crimson Stone and Lord of Darkness. Beside him stood his eternal ally, and only confidant; the Consort of Thanos and lover of Deadpool, Death. In the form of a young girl with pink hair. She'd definitely changed her look since Dracula had last lived, that was for sure. Together they had threatened live on a number of occasions. It was time once more to put the fear of Death back into Life.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Flandre, Dracula
    Alucard turns. "Wrong place afterall, Flandre. Unexpected. Come." He plucks her up again, ignoring the dragon, and again they vanish.
    The two of them, appear in front of the castle. Alucard doesn't blink, he remembers it all. The doors swing open to admit their master.
    He strides up to Dracula's throne, Flandre looking faintly ridiculous perched on his shoulder, like an enormous parrot. Alucard stops four arm lengths away, and sets her down, staring at Dracula. "Here we are again. Count. I return."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #277

Dracula
    Dracula raises his head, his rich aristocratic voice echoing out, "Indeed you do, Alucard. You who have walked the world in my absence. You who shall always greet my resurrection as steadily as Death herself. Tell me, what has transpired since last I was banished by the Belmonts, no doubt with your aid."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

The Kurgan
    As fast as you are, the massive russian is faster. Grabbing a short, tubby boy, he closes his big fingers around his neck, and hefts him up as a shield. He smiles and shakes his head, then points his sword at Solomon.
    "Come on then. Right here." He says in his impossibly deep voice, then indicates his chest with the thirteen year old. "Right through me. I want you to do it. Shoot me."
    He laughs.

Roland Deschain
    Getting up, he leaves the money and the drink and walks after Dante. He catches him in less then a street. Taking him by the shoulder he turns him and shoves him against the wall. His eyes blaze. Roland, on paper, would not seem a match for Dante. But after meeting the two, it's clear who's the most dangerous. Roland of Gilead may not be half demon, but he's killed monsters that were thought immortal and terrorized entire worlds without wavering. Dante finds himself looking into a face that is distinctly unimpressed by his behavior, and a glare like an open furnace that makes him want to shrink away and beg forgiveness.
    "Have you forgotten the face of your father?" He asks, furious. "Do you think this is some game, and that your life is not on the line? They will kill you, unless you kill them first. Do you understand? Your dark friend does. He's a wolf, a gunslinger. But you are a yapping puppy, with more power then sense. I am not going to let you die because of you own stupidity."

Jon Shannow
    A noble gunslinger who walks the world searching for the city of the Bible. He is a good man, but a hardened violent one who's morality is edged with a murderous quickdraw. He has to finish this.

Kamina
    "Return fire." He says, watching without so much as a single, facial reaction, showing such icy cool that any poker players would hand him their chips the moment they saw his face.
    "Aim for there highest concentrations of shots. Try to overwhelm them."

Yoda
    Continues to probe out with the force, watching what they do.

Magog
    Unconscious.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    She looks at Alucard and at Death. Alucard had business with Dracula that he needed to talk over, so she would do something else. Like distract Death incarnate.
    "I love your hair, where'd you get it done?"

Coop
    He continues with the Light Gun attacks to protect the ship as best he can when he uses his off hand to press many various buttons of destructive force, causing beams and missles to pepper the enemy assault at their most concentrated points.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-09-15 at 10:48 PM.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

10. - Top - End - #280

Death
    "I styled it myself, actually." Death seems to be paying attention to Alucard and Dracula, but only vaguely. "Doesn't take too much effort, really. I could probably get yours to look like this."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Dracula
    "Men fight, die, and breed, the world marches on, they set to make themselves more then human as they have always done. I have a new master, one who is truly worthy of her name, and science slowly defeats magic, leaving things like us nightmares of the past."
    He replies in his own voice. The two were halves of the same being, Dracula all that was demon, Alucard all that was human. But Vlad Teppes had not been a dark tyrant indeed, and Alucard was almost as monstrous and cruel as the evil part of his soul.
    "And what of you?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    "Yeah, I'd like some tips. I've kept my hair as a bonnet-side ponytail style for 460 years now. I think it's time for a change," she says. She'd picked up some conversational skills from Sakuya during her confinement at SDM whether she liked, or even remembered it, or not.

Twilight, the Lynching

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanos
    He feels his love materialize, and smiles. He feels the need to get her another gift, all of a sudden.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

14. - Top - End - #284

Dracula
    "I am revived, either by men or by Death; as it will always be. As it has been since first we were one. Once more I am free to wreak vengeance on the Kingdoms of Man and God; to destroy their monuments and civilizations. No matter how far they reach, we oldest monsters are beyond them still." His eyes turn to Flandre, "A child, Alucard? That reminds me, what of my son?"

Death
    "That's too long without a style change." Death shakes her head, "It's all in how you imagine yourself. The key to good hair is a stable concept of what you wish to be."
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-09-15 at 10:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylar
    Deadpool just caught what happened on the security monitor. He jumps in the air like a lovestruck schoolboy. "Yahoo! She's here. I knew if I cleaned my teeth and ate all my vegetables this would happen! I'm coming, honeycakes!" He yells, pushing past Sylar, The Stig and Kos-Mos, and running for the carrier.
    "I knew there was a reason I cameoed in this game. About bloody time if you ask me. Door. Door! Door, damnit! No, no no! If I miss this, I will hunt you down, Cracklord. I swear it!" Nothing happens. He's not linked to the Carrier.
    "Oh, of course you understand, inanimate lump of metal, that this means war. And you as well, Mr Gamesmaster. And whoever designed this thing, and Hugh Jackman, and his movie that was about him."

Dracula
    "Part of me now. He took the wrong side in the great war, and had to be removed. I ate him with a glass of chiante and a certain pleasure." Alucard replies. "As for Flandre, she is a childe of my childe. I thought she should meet her grandfather."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-15 at 11:01 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    "True, but I've no idea what I would style my hair as compared to what I want to be. I know I want to be more grown up and experience the world more, but does that mean I should go with shorter hair or that I should put all my hair back and use a bow instead of a bonnet?" she asks.

Nana
    She looks at Deadpool and almost blurts out a "you mad?" when she bites back her tongue. She needed to stay in character. "Nyu?" she says, pointing at the door.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-09-15 at 11:02 PM.

Twilight, the Lynching

17. - Top - End - #287

Dracula
    His eye raises and, for a rare moment, Dracula shows Ire. It is not a pretty thing. The Castle shakes as Dracula stands, his hand clenched on the wine glass, "You would dare to claim MY son! He stood for those wretched creatures, and you would claim him!?" The wine glass was showing cracks, "You test my patience this day, Alucard! You are not Immortal, nor as strong as I! Do not forget that I have only ever been slain by the Belmont line!"

Sylar
    Sylar looks from Akuma to Deadpool. The man was worthless to him, something he'd figured out long ago. He instead merely sighs and opens a Door for him to get him out of the way rather than waste effort on him. He had been trying to find Quantum and suddenly everyone was bothering him. He almost wished Robert was still in control, so he wouldn't have to deal with them.

Death
    "I think it would be best if you stayed out of the main voyeur for a while. Your Grandfather and his 'brother' are about to start fighting, and I don't think you want to get involved. "
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-09-15 at 11:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    Sh*t hit the fan, so Flandre stopped having small talk with Death and focused on Alucard and Dracula. She noted that she needed to get Death's phone number or email address. She was actually rather fun to be around.
    She was prepared to fight if need be and walked closer to Alucard.
    "Sorry Death, but he's my Grandfather and I promised him that I wouldn't get in the way or cower away for this hunt. Detour or not, I have a mission given to me by my ancestor and my blood won't let me simply back away from that," she says, not looking at the pink-haired girl. At that moment, Flandre didn't seem to be as young as she looked.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-09-15 at 11:10 PM.

Twilight, the Lynching

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Darksied

"That is the purpose of the equation. It is to be my focus in uniting all as one unto Darksied." Darksied explains.

Apokalips

The missiles take out the grid satalites destroying the laser cage but it doesn't stop another set a ring of satalities set up behind the mecha to begin compressing darkmatter for unknown purposes.

The remaining statalites resume shooting missiles.

Dresden

"I am so not in the mood for this." Since the Russian seems to be focusing on Solomon I drew my pistol from it's unlawful pocket in my duster and begin firing at the crazy swordsman.

A shame Sanya wasn't here to see this guy.

Batgirl

Most of your words are unknown to Cass but your body language speaks a million times louder. "Oracle helps. Follow."

She opens the door and motions for you to go down the hall.

Oracle

((Dear God she is screwed))

"A mentally disabled girl wandering half naked around a city full of demons. Who also either has an unnatural hair colour or is the only person with access to hair dye. I have no idea who or what you are but you're not showing me the full truth." Oracle was trained by the world's best detective and had a photographic memory herself, this girl wasn't among the civilians or the inmates of the asylum.

"Drop the act." Oracle reaches behind her chair to reach for her escrima sticks.

Morbius

"Blade is that you?" Morbius says apporaching the large black man by the hotel counter.

"I haven't seen you since the Civil War." Naturally he's refering to the war between registered and unregistered superheroes not the actual civil war, neither of them are that old.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucy(fer)
    "Who says it was an act at all?" she says. The air of foreboding came back. "At one point in my existence I was actually that way. Getting shot in the head does that to you, you know. Now may I ask you to put your hand off of your weapon? I don't want to get ugly, I just want to get through that door."
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-09-15 at 11:13 PM.

Twilight, the Lynching

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

The Midnighter

And what had turned out to be a very frustrating situation for Sylar just got worse, as the metahuman serial killer's head explodes. As his body collapses, the form of the Midnighter is revealed, bouncing a small depleted uranium rod on his hand.

"And the best part is that I get to do it again in ten seconds."

Jackson King

He stares at his partner.

"Old school?"

"Old school."

Abandoning stealth, they charge the watchdogs, Jackson pummeling them with blasts of battle telekinesis focused through his psi-gun, Ghost Rider flinging Hellfire as his chain whips around and around.

Alan Scott

There is a long pause on the phone.

"Clark? Are you there?"

John Taylor

Let's see how good my reputation's become over the years. I stride in, hands inside my pockets, and tap one of them on the shoulder.

"Excuse me. I'm looking for Julien Advent. Tell me where he is, or I will do all sorts of horrible things to you."

It's the tone that does it. Calm, slightly cheerful, and with absolute confidence. Most paid guards and mercenaries had clauses in their contracts that allowed them to walk away from me with their jobs still intact. And people did sell John Taylor insurance. I'm listed under Acts of God. Very flattering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #292

Sylar
    Sylar's head regenerates, assuming no one bothers to stop him, and he stands up, facing Midnighter, "Ah, Midnighter. It's been too long. Tell me, are you ready to meet oblivion?" Electricity cackles on his hands, "Because I want that Battle Computer, and the only way I can take it is to do a little....surgery."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

"oblivi..."

That's all Sylar was able to get out before the second depleted uranium rod went straight through his bladder. The agony, needless to say, is excruciating. Lethal head injuries look bloody, but they don't actually hurt all that much, or for too long. The brain's job isn't to monitor itself, after all.

The Midnighter, clearly enjoying having a regenerating punching bag, extends his staff, and charges Sylar's corpse, fully intending to simply keep pounding him while he was down.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #294

Sylar
    While technically, Sylar always had access to all his powers, he usually needed certain body parts to take advantage of them. One needed limbs for Super Strength to matter. One needed something one could use to direct to control electricity. However, as Midnight continued to wale on Sylar with the staff, and Sylar began regretting feeling so very talkative, he decided the best way to deal with Midnighter was his time honored 'Mind Bomb.' He opened his mind and let Drummer's ability loose. He doubted it would have the same effect on Midnighter, considered the man's Battle Computer likely functioned in the same way, but it might give him time to deal with the man.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oracle

Oracle swings one of her sticks towards the back of the girl's knees. "Genocide is my definition of ugly hun."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

The Midnighter

The Midnighter's computer worked by analyzing the past and present to map out multiple variations of a future. The Drummer, on the other hand, simply saw the Present, and all that it entailed. The Midnighter reels back, momentarily stunned by all the new inputs his computer now had to deal with.

Given twenty seconds more with the Drummer's power, though, and he'd be able to adapt to it. Worse; he'd use that increased information to be even more unstoppable during a fight. More inputs meant a better simulation, after all.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Dracula
    "We both know if you do that you'll kill yourself. Count." Alucard replies, sounding almost bored.

Morbius
    Blade looks up. Recognition. No smile or greeting, the man was too cold for that. But it's nice to be seen nonetheless. "Mo'. You look good." He says.

Dresden
    (He has a hostage doing that would pulverize the kid. Not a good idea.)

Death
    Deadpool appears in a flash of light. "Oh death, my angel, my star, no man can love you like I do." He says. "Let me count the ways. One... two... three... eleven. Eleven ways. Maybe ten and a half." The devilishly charming and lucid mercenary says, falling apon one knee before the perky goth girl.
    Then, satisfied, he leaps forward and tries to kiss her, without removing his mask.

Jackson King, Ghost Rider
    You destroy two of them in as many seconds, the others fadin into the ground and waiting for a better moment to strike, the two that you killed, however, don't stay dead, becoming a pair of massive creatures with black skin. Their entire body is wrapped in teal thorns, and both of their wrists and ankles still have manacles on them. The chains on their arms are broken, but the chain connecting their feet are not. Like many other Purebloods, the Dark Thorn has a heart-shaped hole in the his chest. The Heartless has a large, red, toothy maw and beady, glowing yellow eyes. They charge at you like wild bulls.

Team Nightside
    The robed figures back away. One of them looks like it's about to run, before a hand snaps out and grabs him. The ghost does not even flinch. "He is fuel in our work. We cannot spare him." Rasputin replies. "All must heed the call of the dragon, willing or unwilling. It is better to be in the devils path then in his way."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-15 at 11:39 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #298

Sylar
    Sylar uses that time to get on his feet. He extends his arm forward and attempts to draw electricity out of the Carrier and direct it towards Midnighter.

Dracula
    "It would almost be worth it to destroy you, Alucard. To see you die would be worth so very much to me. But for now you shall live. Begone from my sight, for my patience for you is wearing thin."

Death
    Death simply smiles at Deadpool; the man had an...eccentric charm to him, though most would call it insanity. "Deadpool. It's been too long since I've been able to see you. "
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-09-15 at 11:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

Solomon snarls at the ruthless Immortal, gun still raised. "I would ask, Kurgan, if you possessed any sense of decency at all, save that it would be a redundant question indeed. I suppose here is where we have a tense standoff where you ridicule us for possessing a sense of morals, say that nothing really matters except the thrill of taking another man's life, and display your total lack of dignity and fashion sense."

He begins making a set of gestures behind his back to Mouse. He lowers his gun slightly.

"Am I wrong?"

Sanya

The Knight of the Cross waits behind one of the entrance's sides, ready to rush out when the **** hits the fan.

Vin

{What happens with her and Richard?}
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-15 at 11:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucy
    It stops before it can reach, a hand-like imprint made on the stick. Lucy has dealt with powerful girls in wheelchairs before, and Oracle was no match at all to any of the others.
    "Now why'd you have to go and do that?" she says, turning to Oracle and lifting her up by the throat with another vector. "Are you gonna play nicely and let me go through that door or do you need some... influence?"
    With that she grabs Oracle's right hand and breaks the wrist. Vectors had so many uses.

Twilight, the Lynching