New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

[2nd Division training grounds]

"Shihan-saaan"
    , Nasumi wails as the kunoichi remains steadfastly non-reactive to her pleas. "You can't be such a spoilsport! You don't know what you're missing! Even now, I know someone is enjoying my cookies - you should too!"

Agitated, the tall girl takes one cookie from the basket herself and chucks it to her mouth. After a while of chewing, her mood brightens considerably. "Mmmm~mmmm! Delicious!" Then, a thought crosses her mind and she turns to look hopefully at Kazuma.

"Ah... I forgot when you were hospitalized... I heard this pretty song last week! I would like to sing it to you. Maybe it will bolster your training spirit."

[4th Division]

Sayuri's eyes narrow to slits, and its easy to imagine an angry dragon in her place. "Where did you get that?", she asks with a sharp tone. It's the kind of question, you know you're already done something wrong because it had to be asked.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #782
    Orc in the Playground

"Kiku-san gave it to me." Soushi replied as though she'd asked what the weather was like. He doesn't seem one bit nervous about it, strangely enough.

You knew it would come to this eventually. Just deal with it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Air stays dead still while Sayuri glares at Soushi in silence. Of course, inwardly she's busy cursing Kiku to lowest hell. That woman! Is there no end to her foolishness? Oh, I will make her pay! The picture is indeed of Sayuri, some hundred and ninety years younger - long, blonde hair tied to pigtails and freckled face beaming with joy as she's busy hugging young Shirakawa Kiku, who seems like she's been tackled against a wall. It was the day Sayuri joined 9th Division in the same team as her.

After a while of making Soushi feel like she's going to torment him to death, she shrugs and turns away. "I see. I hope you find it amusing", she snarls with an icy voice, before asking the receptionist for directions to Natsuko's room.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Orc in the Playground

She's trying sooooooo hard to ignore that I lied to her face, yet she can't prove it. It's soooooooooooooooo cuuuuuute!! <3

"I must say, Saiyuri-san. I don't think your changed look becomes you. Already you have a reputation for being one of the most hard-working Shinigami of Seireitei. What does your appearance have to do with it?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

" 'Our viewpoint is colored by our perception of reality'. Wasn't that what you said, Nagamichi-san?", Sayuri comments. "As unfortunate as it is, there are people whose perceptions would not allow to take me seriously if I did not keep care of my looks. I thought you knew how important keeping up appearances can be."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-12-01 at 03:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Orc in the Playground

"I suppose you got me there. But that would give you all the more reason to display yourself as you are, instead of who you believe others should accept. In fact, I envy you - should you choose, you would probably be more successful than I in that regard."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Thanks largely to the sudden distraction of a massive, bright, loud explosion in the air above the Seireitei, Shou missed his chance to properly dodge and the Sho struck his shoulder, knocking him spinning. "Bakudo 8: Seki!" Timing it with his spin, he thrust his hand at the ground. Since he couldn't very well repel the ground, the spell shoved him instead, just enough to land on his feet. "Bakudo 7: Sun Flash!" The moment after the cone of light burst from Shou's paw, he blurred into shunpo, leaving an afterimage to Sigint's left as he attacked with a foot-sweep from the right.
    At the mention of Sun Flash, Sigint side-steps in an effort to dodge the cone, shutting his right eye and narrowing his left at the brightness. He notices the afterimage, and is hit by the foot-sweep. However, Sigint arranged his feet in a way that, in this particular case, blocks the foot-sweep with his shin. At this point, Sigint flicks the leg away from him, and spins around with a fast kick aimed at the shoulder with his other leg.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Daisuke stared at Magatsu, utterly flabbergasted. "...They're cookies. Magatsu-sama, they're just cookies. Are you okay?" Daisuke asked, looking worried. Had Magatsu finally lost it?

Or were they actually Hollow cookies that someone had planted, hoping to kill them?!

"Do you know something I don't, Magatsu-sama?"
    "I just know that no cookies should taste that awful. Did you feel that aftertaste?!" Magatsu shuddered. "I didn't think it was even possible to cook that badly."

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    At the mention of Sun Flash, Sigint side-steps in an effort to dodge the cone, shutting his right eye and narrowing his left at the brightness. He notices the afterimage, and is hit by the foot-sweep. However, Sigint arranged his feet in a way that, in this particular case, blocks the foot-sweep with his shin. At this point, Sigint flicks the leg away from him, and spins around with a fast kick aimed at the shoulder with his other leg.
    At this point, all Shou could do was grimace and brace for the impact, trying to shift his weight in a way that minimized the impact. He was somewhat successful; though the blow hurt, he absorbed most of the hit by allowing himself to spin again. Normally this would be a bad idea, but he was counting on Sigint being used to fighting human opponents. When his back was turned during the spin, he suddenly swept his tail towards Sigint's face to throw a cloud of the dust he'd gathered earlier and chambered his spin into a side kick towards the ninja's stomach.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

In the sudden onrush of visitors into what is not actually that big a room, Taiki is pushed close to the window by his own courtesy towards others. A small hell butterfly floats through and lands on his finger, whispering its message to him. With a sigh, Taiki looks directly at Natsuko, the look in his eyes obvious; Shall we get some privacy?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #790
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [2nd Division training grounds]

"Shihan-saaan"
    , Nasumi wails as the kunoichi remains steadfastly non-reactive to her pleas. "You can't be such a spoilsport! You don't know what you're missing! Even now, I know someone is enjoying my cookies - you should too!"

Agitated, the tall girl takes one cookie from the basket herself and chucks it to her mouth. After a while of chewing, her mood brightens considerably. "Mmmm~mmmm! Delicious!" Then, a thought crosses her mind and she turns to look hopefully at Kazuma.

"Ah... I forgot when you were hospitalized... I heard this pretty song last week! I would like to sing it to you. Maybe it will bolster your training spirit."

[4th Division]

Sayuri's eyes narrow to slits, and its easy to imagine an angry dragon in her place. "Where did you get that?", she asks with a sharp tone. It's the kind of question, you know you're already done something wrong because it had to be asked.
    Kyasarin rolls her eyes.
    I am quite alright.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma doesn't reply. He's way too focused on his training right now to pay it much attention.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki Takahashi

In the sudden onrush of visitors into what is not actually that big a room, Taiki is pushed close to the window by his own courtesy towards others. A small hell butterfly floats through and lands on his finger, whispering its message to him. With a sigh, Taiki looks directly at Natsuko, the look in his eyes obvious; Shall we get some privacy?
    Natsuko nods in reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Natsuko's Room, 4th Division

Taiki returns her nod. He sends the butterfly on its way, then turns back into the room.

"Well, thank you all for coming. Natsuko and I greatly appreciate your coming and your gifts. However, I believe Natsuko has had a long day. I request that we please allow her time to rest and recover. I'm sure we will have time for a proper baby shower later. Thank you all for your wishes and gifts!" Taiki beings to politely lead people out of the room and gesture towards the door, trying to reduce things to just Natsuko, Hikari, and him.

With Sayuri...

Before Sayuri makes it far down the hall, the butterfly returns to her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you for coming, but Natsuko is a little too tired for visitors at the moment. If you would like to visit, I'm sure Natsuko will be well-rested tomorrow, and a baby shower is likely to occur in the future if you have gifts. We do appreciate your taking the time to visit, however! Sorry you came at an unfortunate time."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I suppose you got me there. But that would give you all the more reason to display yourself as you are, instead of who you believe others should accept. In fact, I envy you - should you choose, you would probably be more successful than I in that regard."
    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    With Sayuri...

Before Sayuri makes it far down the hall, the butterfly returns to her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you for coming, but Natsuko is a little too tired for visitors at the moment. If you would like to visit, I'm sure Natsuko will be well-rested tomorrow, and a baby shower is likely to occur in the future if you have gifts. We do appreciate your taking the time to visit, however! Sorry you came at an unfortunate time."

"You flatter me, Nagamichi-san"
    , Sayuri replies. Her tone is slightly softer than before - maybe she actually means it! Before they can continue the discussion, Taiki's message reaches them.

"Ah... it seems the Hayashi's are done with visitors for today. My apologies, Nagamichi-san. We can leave the gift to one of the nurses if you'd like."

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Kyasarin rolls her eyes.
    I am quite alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Kazuma doesn't reply. He's way too focused on his training right now to pay it much attention.
    "Okay then! Here goes... *ahem*..." Nasumi clears her throat, and then starts singing with a clear, cheerful voice. "Mi~iss... Lucy had some leeches, her leeches liked to..."

Her song goes on for quite a while. When she finishes, she gives a beaming look at Kyasarin, since Kazuma seems too busy excersizing. "Happy little song, isn't it? It reminds me of Maggot's Nest - when I was working there, one of the other wardens played it to me. I hear it's from the mortal world..." A thoughtful look crosses Nasumi's face, and she gives a ponderous look to the sky.

"It has some pretty strange words, though. I mean, would you mind telling me..."

((OOC: Full lyrics in the video.))

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

[Saiyuri and Soushi]

"Flattery is just a form of politely lying. And while I may be guilty of it often, it is my policy never to lie to a lady." Soushi replied. He seemed almost heartbroken as Saiyuri gave the news. "Well, I suppose it can't be helped. I appreciate your coming here with me, however." He pushed his spectacles up a little bit. "I can't think of anyone else, perhaps to the exception of my Captain, who would go to this much trouble for me. Thank you."

[Kazuma]

It seems Nasumi's song has the desired effect - though not in the way she wanted it to.

Finally, a challenge. Can I concentrate on my training while a song with such bizarre lyrics is sung?!

As a result, Kazuma seems to train a lot harder.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

"Glad to be of service", Sayuri replies as they leave 4th Division. "Well, I'll be leaving now. I hope to still catch the Vice-Commander of the Kido Corps - I have some unfinished business regarding that place. Have a nice evening, Nagamichi-san."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Orc in the Playground

"Likewise, Saiyuri-san. And by the way, if you ever find yourself lonely and bored, would you like to have dinner with me sometime?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri looks at Soushi like she thinks he's gone insane. Again. What is the man thinking? "... I will see if I can fit it to my schedule, Nagamichi-san. I'll notify you of such occassion." Then, in a blur of Shunpo, she's gone.

19. - Top - End - #799

Kyasarin sighs and shakes her head.
    You are so strange.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

20. - Top - End - #800
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    At this point, all Shou could do was grimace and brace for the impact, trying to shift his weight in a way that minimized the impact. He was somewhat successful; though the blow hurt, he absorbed most of the hit by allowing himself to spin again. Normally this would be a bad idea, but he was counting on Sigint being used to fighting human opponents. When his back was turned during the spin, he suddenly swept his tail towards Sigint's face to throw a cloud of the dust he'd gathered earlier and chambered his spin into a side kick towards the ninja's stomach.
    This was good. In fact, if it were anyone but Sigint that the dirt was being flung into, it would've seriously hampered his ability to fight.

But, this was Sigint, and Sigint had practically his entire face covered in some fashion or another.

That's not to say it didn't do anything. Quite the contrary, actually. By pure instinctual reaction, Sigint had shut his eyes in reaction to the dirt. However, he then opened his eyes to find that, although it hadn't blinded him entirely, the dust did cling to the lenses of his visor somewhat, fogging up the lenses and impairing his vision. Then, he saw what appeared as mostly a blur for Shou's leg, and in another bout of instinct, jumped back and to the side away from the attack. Sigint then quickly wiped the dust away from the lenses, smiling behind the mask.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

[2nd Division Training grounds]

In blink of an eye, Nasumi turns beet red and an angry tick appears above her left eye. "I take that as a compliment, Kunoichi-sama", she says in falsely prim tone. Then, her anger fades as suddenly as it came and she turns her mismatched eyes towards Kazuma.

"Amagatsu-sa~an! Would you like some extra challenge?"

[13th Division]

After sharing news with Shiaki Koujin, Sato Hachirou had finally left 4th Division. On his way out, he'd heard Hayashi-taichou had finally went to labor - however, he had decided to mind her privacy and leave her alone with her newly-expanded family.

Besides, his outfit might have scared the baby.

Currently, he's strolling through 13th grounds, observing the general state of things. Despite best efforts of the Hayashi twins, lack of three highest authorities (and one less significant authority...) for nearly a week had left the Division schedules in relative disorder. First thing that's amiss Hachirou notices when he looks at the patrol summary - some portions of Mid-Japan had fallen to the wayside during the past week, including the area near Phoenix town. Hmmm.

The second thing he notices is a report dealing with 3rd seat Yama Akio being AWOL and accused of unauthorized use of Senkaimon - normally, it'd be Natsuko's duty to decide if punitive actions would be necessary, but due to her... condition, the matter had been delegated straight to Vice-Captain of 1st Division. Uh-huh. No doubt Akio would find his orders accompanied with a strict personal message when he'd he return to his post.

To hell with it. You still have one day off, a voice whispers to his ears. As much as he wants to say something to shut up his sword spirit, Hachirou has to admit it has a point.

Thus, he begins search for Allan Crossdale.

"Hello, Crossdale-kun. How was your week with Shiaki-san? Recovered your sword yet?"

22. - Top - End - #802
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma doesn't reply immediately. He awaits for Kyasarin's take on this first. But knowing Kazuma, it ain't a challenge until he keels over.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

[Commander-General's residence]

When returning home in the evening, Ryouichi finds a messenger waiting for him. He's not of the 5th Division, however - instead of Shihakusho, he wears a colourful kimono marking him as a member of a noble house. Symbols adorning his sleeves and collar prove him as a herald of Central 46. He's quite tall - taller than Ryouichi himself - and ancient from the looks of it. His hair is frail white, and scars and wrinkles govern his face. Still, there's a stern, forceful quality in his posture that tells the man is still a warrior, age be darned.

"Tsukada Ryouichi, I presume"
    , the man says, smiling sligthly as if he'd just told a joke. He has a strange, rough accent, and his dark red, ember-like eyes watch the Commander-General like a hawk. "I've been expecting you. We have an order for Gotei 13 - it's from the King himself."

The man extends his hand towards Ryouichi, offering him a rice-paper scroll sealed with the royal signet.

Should he open it, the message reads thusly:

Quote Originally Posted by Central 46
    "Due to retirement of Katsuo Himura, Murakami Rokuro and Fukushima Rikuto from the '0th Division', it has become necessary to promote new capable officers to the Royal Guard.

After long discussion, we have chosen Sakura, Norenni Udeoshi and Shirakawa Kiku, current captains of 3rd, 4th and 9th divisions, to fill their positions. They will soon be summoned together for their trip to our good King's realm.

We suggest you begin search for their replacement immediatly."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

[Commander-General's Residence]

"Greetings." Ryouichi eyes the man with an equally bemused look. He promptly reads the note, and looks back up to his messenger. "I see. Have you any idea how prompt the summons for my comrades will be sent? I may have a few parting words for them."

"Shouldn't have any problems finding replacements, they usually start coming out of the woodwork before the old Captains have time to clear out their office." He lets loose a chuckle.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

"I've heard they've already received their notifications", the hoary man replies. "They have rest of the evening to sort out their matters, but so far we've not received a negative reply from any of them. By all means, if you have some unfinished business, do take care of it." With those words, the man salutes Ryouichi with a wry smile on his face, then turns to leave.

26. - Top - End - #806

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [13th Division]

After sharing news with Shiaki Koujin, Sato Hachirou had finally left 4th Division. On his way out, he'd heard Hayashi-taichou had finally went to labor - however, he had decided to mind her privacy and leave her alone with her newly-expanded family.

Besides, his outfit might have scared the baby.

Currently, he's strolling through 13th grounds, observing the general state of things. Despite best efforts of the Hayashi twins, lack of three highest authorities (and one less significant authority...) for nearly a week had left the Division schedules in relative disorder. First thing that's amiss Hachirou notices when he looks at the patrol summary - some portions of Mid-Japan had fallen to the wayside during the past week, including the area near Phoenix town. Hmmm.

The second thing he notices is a report dealing with 3rd seat Yama Akio being AWOL and accused of unauthorized use of Senkaimon - normally, it'd be Natsuko's duty to decide if punitive actions would be necessary, but due to her... condition, the matter had been delegated straight to Vice-Captain of 1st Division. Uh-huh. No doubt Akio would find his orders accompanied with a strict personal message when he'd he return to his post.

To hell with it. You still have one day off, a voice whispers to his ears. As much as he wants to say something to shut up his sword spirit, Hachirou has to admit it has a point.

Thus, he begins search for Allan Crossdale.

"Hello, Crossdale-kun. How was your week with Shiaki-san? Recovered your sword yet?"
    13th Division
    Living Quarters

The time since Allan's sword was broken has been an unpleasant one for the normally cheerful Shinigami. He has been rarely seen, spending almost all of his free time in his quarters, leaving only for direct assignments and food. He has also limited his social interaction, speaking tersely, and only when absolutely necessary. Although the news of Natsuko's birth had reached him, he had not done anything about it.

Based on this information, it doesn't take much to deduce Allan's current location. The door to Allan's room is already open when Hachirou arrives. It is surprisingly tidy, given Allan's haphazard personality; apparently he has few possessions. A few knick-knacks from around the world are placed on a desk off to one side, mirroring the room's bed. In one corner, Allan's sheathed Zanpakuto is gathering dust, leaned against the wall.

Allan himself sits in the center of the room, on the floor. He is sitting cross-legged, with his arms folded over his chest and his eyes closed. His expression is similar to that of a Shinigami performing Jinzen, but the removal of his Zanpakuto precludes that possibility. He opens his eyes and looks up with a start as Hachirou enters the room.

"Oh, Hachirou-san. Hi."

He slides agilely to his feet.

"The week's been fine. Koujin-san is a pretty cool guy."

He glances back at his Zanpakuto.

"Sword's still not back, yet, though. It hasn't improved at all."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Pixie in the Playground

[9th Division Barracks] (front porch)

Hirokatsu watches the two, his eyes trained on the way they both move, but he pays special attention to Shou's movements. Almost the hint of a smile escaped his mouth as he observed Shou attempting to distract Sigint with the dirt in his face. Regardless of Sigint being masked, it was a cunning strategy to attempt to make the natural instincts of Sigint come in to play. There was little risk in the action and served its purpose regardless of its total effectiveness to distract the highly skilled Sigint.
    "When was one of them going to draw their sword?" While the spar was not to utilize released Zanpaktuo's , swordplay itself was allowed and somewhat to be expected. Hirokatsu appreciated that neither of them used it from the beginning however, both seemingly knowing that even the drawing of their sword itself is a tactic to be perfected and utilized.

Hirokatsu took note of the other 9th Division members observing as well. One of note, an unseated named Kembe watched from a lower level window. Hirokatsu could see his eyes fixated and his muscles twitching as he watched the spar, almost as if he was in the spar himself. He was young, and only recently graduated form the Academy, his eagerness and desire spilling over in all his movements. He would be a good Shinigami, Hirokatsu thought, having seen hundreds if not thousands of Shinigami come through his classes at the Academy and observed in his duties throughout his time in the Gotei. Hirokatsu wondered if he himself ever looked so young and eager.

Hirokatsu then remembered some of his own training with his Captain in the same courtyard. In fact it had been quite a while since he had last trained with his Captain. Hirokatsu felt honored for his Captain to think so highly enough of his skill to not demand his constant training with her. Hirokatsu was an old Shinigami, far older than many of his peers and most of his superiors, and was glad to know his Captain resepcted his age and wisdom. Hirokatsu knew she was busy, as was he, and as hard as it was for Hirokatsu to give her her space, as he felt he should be near her at all times, he had learned long ago from her that she needed her private time. Hirokatsu knew this all to well, as he felt the same way, desiring to be alone more often than not.

Hirokatsu smiled very slightly as he brought his full attention back to the spar, bringing his left hand up to gently twirl his long mustache and stroke his chin beard slightly before bringing it back to rest at his side under his black haori.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

[13th Division]

Hachirou stays silent for a while, leaning on the doorframe. Then, he frowns and shakes his head sadly. "No. It's you who haven't improved", he says as he straightens up. "You did talk to your sword spirit, right? You aren't willfully ostracizing it from yourself?"

29. - Top - End - #809

[13th Division]
    Living Quarters

Allan shakes his head.

"I can't. I've never spoken to it. Never tried to speak to it until now. And now that I want to, I can't find it. I've searched my mindscape up and down. If it's there, it doesn't want to talk to me."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Orc in the Playground

[The day of mayhem]

It was time.

Soushi had pondered long and hard on whether he should do this or not. Whoever that crazy girl had been, she'd been manipulated by someone powerful indeed. Someone who knew Soushi's secret. And as such, someone that Soushi could not possibly ignore.

The possibilities were limitless. Chaos in Soul Society opened several windows through which he could operate. As long as he was careful, he could kill as many Shinigami as he wanted, too.

"Herald of the kingdom of mirrors, victor of the sky. Blind the meek, drink from the forbidden well. Tearing the veil of life apart, the wings beat with the heart.

Bakudou 26: Kyokko."

And now, to see what simply opening a Senkaimon could yield...

...and beating the crap out of whoever knew what a monster he truly was.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show