Thread: nwn 2!

1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: nwn 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Dragor
    Spoiler
    Show
    The easiest way is to get three at a time and turn the lights off ahead of them and on behind, otherwise they always go the wrong way... oh and you have a ways to go yet matey, you will finish at 20th level... well you'll enter the final battle at 20th at least.
    Oh.... you've officially brought me down a little

I'm approx Level 17 now, and it's getting a bit frustrating when my whole party won't either fit through a door or even follow me after a battle. It's annoying when you here "Everyone, follow me!" for about the billionth time.

I'm also hoping for a mod where there's a chapter organizer, so you can choose wher you start from (if you're sick and tired of the opening battle, the ruins, and everything after.). I really want to play a Halfling Duelist.
    Thanks to Tape Measure for my avatar!

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.
    League of Legends- Supernaturalist

2. - Top - End - #362

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Unfortuneatly most are from a user Mod which allows more varied crafting options.

i have looked.
    Then you looked in the wrong place, sweetie.

This thread here, stickied in the spoiler forum (well, the original thread is linked in the sticky; I'm providing the link to the original thread):

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...1016&forum=110

All the recipes are copied directly out of the books you find in the game. They are not from a mod.

Since I had to go get the link for you, here's the recipe:

Spoiler
    Show

Weapon of Disruption: Undead must make a DC 14 Will save or be destroyed
    Requires: Caster level 14, Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat
    - Any weapon
    - Glowing Power Essence
    - Glowing Water Essence
    - Jacinth
    Cast undeath to death on a magic workbench containing the above

I think there may be a limit to how many times you can enchant, so I would advise giving it an enhancement bonus first, then make it Holy, and then if you can enchant it again, then make it disruption (i.e., make it from most universally useful to least universally useful).

Dragor: How the heck you'd get to be level 17 and you're still doing the Ritual of Purification? Are you even in Chapter III?

BTW, it speeds up when you hit chapter III. And I think the mine puzzle is the only really potentially irritating puzzle in the game.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

I got the game about a week ago and its great. But I cant seem to figure something out:
    Every time I play a character other than my main, and we get into a battle, my main character will just start using items (and the "use items" option is off on him). And I keep all (or mostly all) my items on him. Like one time he used a potion of invis the first time he was attacked in battle. Does someone know what to do here?
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Myatar_Panwar View Post
    I got the game about a week ago and its great. But I cant seem to figure something out:
    Every time I play a character other than my main, and we get into a battle, my main character will just start using items (and the "use items" option is off on him). And I keep all (or mostly all) my items on him. Like one time he used a potion of invis the first time he was attacked in battle. Does someone know what to do here?
    That's weird. Characters will use potions of cure regardless of how the AI is set, but they shouldn't use anything else. Mine never did.... make sure you have it fully updated and patched.

If it's becoming a hassle and you haven't gotten too far into the game yet, I'd restart the game. Otherwise, you might just put your main character in Puppet Mode (I did that anyway, as I generally preferred to control them completely).

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker View Post
    Then you looked in the wrong place, sweetie..
    Get your coat Archie...
    Oh AE, STR 36 who needs disruption ... smashy smashy.
    Hey AE are you interested in a internet game some time?
    Dragor: How the heck you'd get to be level 17 and you're still doing the Ritual of Purification? Are you even in Chapter III?
    I must say I was wondering this, there are some XP mines (respawning monsters) but even so you'd have to be pretty bordom proof to exploit these to get to that level, and as it caps at 20, there isn't much point anyway.

Oh DQ have you noticed the AC restrictions get screwed if you multiclass? Druids in addy platemail.
    try monk/duelist/ftr for adding WIS, DEX, INT to your AC while wearing any light armour (mithril breastplate yay)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Violence View Post
    Right, now send me your computer so I can have a go on it. There's a good chap.
    Attaches 200 stamps to the side of his pc...

Hang on, I gonna need that for the new DS2 add on that I'm hoping will be bigger and better than DS2.
    Sorry Tom, you can have it soon as there's no more games I wanna gotta play.
    My Graphics card was under a ton if thats any consolation, maybe you have wealthy benifactor somewhere?
    Last edited by Charity; 2007-01-05 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

6. - Top - End - #366

Oh DQ have you noticed the AC restrictions get screwed if you multiclass? Druids in addy platemail.
    try monk/duelist/ftr for adding WIS, DEX, INT to your AC while wearing any light armour (mithril breastplate yay)
    You mean with Fighter levels my Duelist could still have her Int bonus while wearing armor? Dang... but she looked so suave in her Duelist's Outfit anyway...

I knew Druids didn't work right... but I think they're fixing that in 1.04.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Get your coat Archie...
    Oh AE, STR 36 who needs disruption ... smashy smashy.
    Hey AE are you interested in a internet game some time?
    hell yeah.
    *goes to cloakroom*

what was this about a game.

what time?

OC or can you suggest any good PWs or Mods
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I join in?

My warlock keeps getting mauled by orcs.
    It's stopped being funny now.
    I could do with a meatshild better than stubby dwarf, flimsy tiefling, or plain old weak elf.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2007-01-05 at 12:12 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll go for an online one. My rogue needs excersise

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Need another player? I'd like to see what the game is like without AI characters frying you with fireballs every ten seconds.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

i need the address for obsidian's HQ, a hammer, and... well that'll do actually!

Charity, Jibar, and myself took about 2 Hrs trying to get a multiplayer game going last night...

Obsidian need to learn to make multiplayer games easier to setup...

funny thing is i still have no probs with NWN multiplayer so what did Obsidian change?
    /rant
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else had trouble hosting?
    i got it going only to have it give us grief I keep losing the interface menus... very annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

The real stupid part of multiplayer is that if you want to play a custom module you have to distribute it to your players prior to joining the game as there's no auto-download.
    "TEH FILEZ R TOO BIG!!!11"

14. - Top - End - #374
    Pixie in the Playground

So, am I the only one who's got right up to the endgame and just doesn't care? I'm in the lair of the **** of ****** and I really can't summon the motivation to complete it.

Incidentally, TCC. Download it. Makes the crafting 10x better.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Halfling in the Playground

I haven't even been able to get past entering neverwinter. I have played D&D for 8 years now. We have started so many campaigns that no character is really fun to play anymore. I still play it now and then. Usually just to make a new character and save the west harbor. Then I play StarCraft. lol. I know I am horrible.

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzodave View Post
    So, am I the only one who's got right up to the endgame and just doesn't care? I'm in the lair of the **** of ****** and I really can't summon the motivation to complete it.
    I cared! I enjoyed playing through and am playing through again, despite the several flaws in the game.

But... OTOH... honestly, the very end sucks. It's worth it to face down Garius but after that... yeah, maybe it's better to leave it there.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzodave View Post
    Incidentally, TCC. Download it. Makes the crafting 10x better.
    No. well not until the "Vanilia" game gets boring.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

That's weird. Characters will use potions of cure regardless of how the AI is set.
    Don't I just know it. I hate that. Why can't RPG designers seem to grasp that if I give my NPC an order, I expect that order to be followed all the time? Not most of the time, not when the NPC feels like it, but always. That means no turning off modes (I get so sick of Defensive Casting and Power Attack being turned off whenever I click to another character for a few seconds), no chugging potions when told not to use items (hey, provoking AoOs from half a dozen attackers and giving up a full round of attacks so you can drink a potion of cure light wounds is a great idea, right?), no charging off to fight opponents at the edge of the screen when ordered to stay close and guard the casters...

I put the party casters in puppet mode so they don't blow their casting resources in stupid ways, but they STILL turn off Defensive Casting every time I click away from them for more than a round. And I really dislike using puppet mode on the melee types, because I want them to be able to auto-acquire targets in battle so I don't have to pause and hunt around through the scuffle for a new enemy to whack. I'm okay with the core melee fighter AI, I just want it to friggin' listen when I give it a direct order!

...okay, done ranting now.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bah, I cant install it, damn CRC errors!
    That Belkar is as stubborn as he is stone-cold sexy

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

I cared! I enjoyed playing through and am playing through again, despite the several flaws in the game.

But... OTOH... honestly, the very end sucks. It's worth it to face down Garius but after that... yeah, maybe it's better to leave it there.
    I don't understand the complaints.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its just a cliffhanger. A jumping off point for an epic level sequel or for player made campaigns. The world is saved, but your character has ascended to bigger and better things.

Its clear based on all the interactions with different planes in the game, that when your party vanishes without a trace after destroying the inter-planar portal and the inter-planar entity that they have in fact been pulled into one of those other planes.

Your characters have killed off an ancient world consuming evil, ancient dragons, a tribe of giants, and won a war single handedly. At level 20 they've pretty much handled all that world has to throw at them, so for them to have future challenges into the epic levels without it getting ridiculous, they have to start exploring more powerful parts of the multiverse.

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by Errata View Post
    I don't understand the complaints.
    I will explain myself, as it's not quite what you think:

Spoiler
    Show

What I find less-than-stellar about the ending is that it's cliched. The "building collapses and you disappear" is as old as the hills. It happened to Frankenstein, even. Not to mention, it's how the NWN OC and SoU ended.

Not to mention the fact that after a full game of cinematic animation, you get a slideshow accompanied by narration featuring that perennial acting favorite, Bob from Accounting.

It's just a very "meh" denouement to a very nicely done final confrontation and series of battles. You can leave room for a sequel and still be innovative about it. You can even actually have a hero DIE and have it be a beautiful, dramatic, heartwrenching thing... if the story HAD ended with you actually getting killed, I'd at least applaud the writers for doing an unexpected, evocative twist. I'm not angry about the end, mind you. I just found it boring.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Its a game built around player designed content and being able to move characters from one campaign to another. That severely constrains what they can do to your characters.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't forget how utterly hard to believe it is for a party of level 20 characters actually being hurt by something as irrelevent as a building falling on them. I mean come on.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, I've been having a hell of a time trying to dowload a player mod. I mean, something goes wrong every time. Even when I downloaded WinRAR so I could decompress certain files, it still said windows couldent open it. Then, after I somehow did open it, it lead me to some Power DvD thing. I'm guess im what you'd call, computor deficient. Anyone else having similar problems?
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

25. - Top - End - #385

Its a game built around player designed content and being able to move characters from one campaign to another. That severely constrains what they can do to your characters.
    Sorry, that doesn't explain the cliches, nor the bad acting.

Myatar: Where'd you download it from? It should have instructions for install. I'd also contact the creator of the module if you're having problems.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

It was the end you were talking about. If you want to complain about cliches and bad acting then you're talking about the whole thing, so you've really drifted off topic.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

28. - Top - End - #388

It was the end you were talking about. If you want to complain about cliches and bad acting then you're talking about the whole thing, so you've really drifted off topic.
    I made myself quite clear the first time what I was talking about. I was quite specific, in fact. So don't play stupid.

You're picking an argument over nothing. I don't disagree with the point you made about the end. It just has absolutely nothing to do with why I didn't like it.

And tangentially, I thought most of the acting in the game was extremely good.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gah, for some reason I ended up with an experiance penalty, although my build should not provoke one.

Human

Fighter 4/Bard 1/Red Dragon Disciple 6

Right after finishing the second Orc cave I started gaining less Exp. What the hell is going on?

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    Gah, for some reason I ended up with an experiance penalty, although my build should not provoke one.

Human

Fighter 4/Bard 1/Red Dragon Disciple 6

Right after finishing the second Orc cave I started gaining less Exp. What the hell is going on?
    I've heard about some kind of bug to do with that. I think it might be fixed with 1.04.