New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic XII Part 2

Did you enjoy the game?
    Loved it! It'll go down as one of my favorites.

Did you like your role?
    Again, Loved it!! I was a very successful, and productive little pixie devil. First night: BOOM! Found myself a Wolf to confer with, Alarra.

I was sure then, that this was going to be a good game. For me at least.

Were you impressed by how close the game was?
    Oh yes. We almost had the game twice, I believe.

A few game days ago, if the village had voted for a villager, instead of a wolf, we would have won then too, I think.

Did you think the Villager:Wolf ratio was balanced?
    I think it mostly was. I will admit to being slightly frustrated that the AL replacemtns continued for so long.

I liked them at the beginning, but the longer it continued, the more I worried that someone who was already part of the network was just being added back into it.

But still a wonderful game, nonetheless.

What did you think of the narrations?
    Some of the best I've ever read. I was jealous.

Did you think the narrator otherwise did a good job?
    Really good, even with the delays. Which I don't remember being too many, or too bad when they did happen.

As a narrator myself, and I'm not trying to compare us, but I know that sometimes you just look at the screen, and your mind is just blank. Sometimes you are lucky, and inspiration smacks you. But others, you just can't think of anything.

Any other comments?
    Great game. I would dread following this one.

Oh, and a special shout out to Qwaz. Thanks for helping me find the last mason!!

EDIT: Duneyrr, you have my permission. I'm surprised you kept them all.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-01-06 at 12:48 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #422
    Matt K
    Guest in the Playground

I don't ahve time to go through the whole questionare, but this a fun game until I got lynched and then it was an interesting game to watch.

It seemed to become somewhat unbalenced once everyone was just following the network's orders but since it ended as close as it did I guess in the end it was. Still can't believe I got lynched so randomly.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yeah, that was awesome.

Did you like your role?

I was just a villager, but it was still a lot of fun. After I replaced (name here), I guess I got scryed and then I was a member of the network. So there were still interesting things going on.

Yup, it was a lot of fun. Every time we pointed out a wolf after Tasroth died, I was half-convinced we were making a mistake, and I had to force myself not to randomly change it. Actually, cd4 was one of the few times I was fairly sure we had a wolf. Then on the last two days, we brought Grlump, Andre, and VA_Beds into the network, because we were 99% sure they were villagers. I think that decided the game.

Since it came down to the wire like this, I would say so. I think most of the people who would have been autolynched were villagers, but it could have also happened to wolves. So I don't know if that would even out or what.

In a word, amazing.

Yeah.

Any other comments?

Not really. That was just a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Leta; 2011-01-06 at 01:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

MAATTTHHHSSSSSS

Did you enjoy the game?
    Oh definitely. I learned of the game from Rutskarn and decided to give it the old college try. Never thought it would be quite so interesting.

Did you like your role?
    Yeah, though it definitely had its ups and downs

Kind of. I lost track of how many villagers were alive, so I didn't realize the stakes until people started pointing it out.

Yeah, but the AL kind of confused me every now and again. It was hard to keep track of who was dead and who was alive.

Long, convoluted, and absolutely hilarious. I was also very appreciative of the way I was sent off, considering everything that happened

Yep, dedicated to the game and making sure everyone had fun. 10/10

Any other comments?
    Not many. Shout out to Tasroth, all the other masons, and team villagers, it wouldn't have been as much fun without y'all.

Beyond that, looking forward to Werewolf Classic XIII Go Team Villager. Unless I get Wolf. Then go Wolves.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes. My first foray into Online WW, and I lasted a pretty long time.

Did you like your role?
    My first time as a wolf too (played some in real life, but never got any cool roles).

Not really. For a while I went back and forth, but near the end when Wolves were being picked off left and right, I knew it was over.

I think so. It kept the villagers guessing. This game would have lasted a lot longer however with out so many auto-lynches.

I enjoyed every last one. Good job working in RP moments as well as peoples names into this nutty idea of a colony of Werewolves.

Yes!

Any other comments?
    None, good show!

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes.

Did you like your role?
    Yes

Yes

Yes

Excellant

Yes!

Any other comments:
    Umm.... No

7. - Top - End - #427

Did you enjoy the game?
    Best werewolf game I've played

Did you like your role?
    Villager twice, not too bad, but then again nothing exciting

It was tight near the end

All worked out well in the end, so yeah

Brillaint, v. creative

You're the man, Thufir!

Any other comments?
    Always had my suspicians on Lex-Kat but was never sure enough about them...
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

8. - Top - End - #428
    Mtheminja
    Guest in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Absolutely, completely, yes! This was my first WW game in any setting, and my first real forum game. It really was fun.

Did you like your role?
    Villager's ok, and I found being networked so late in the game (Day 12, network size was ~7 from then until Tasroth was killed) gave an interesting perspective. I ended up with 71 PMs for this game, almost all networked. Being the only networkee alive to the end was... tense, to say the least.

YES. My second post of the last day felt very CYAish, as although the network had felt Duneyrr suspicious for some time, it would've sucked if we'd misjudged him, and we'd lost surer bets before.

Overall, it seemed to be. The autolynches seemed to be the most debatable part, as they easily throw off the ratio in difficult to calculate ways.

My siblings and I greatly enjoyed them . It was fun to have showing off your posts to them as part of my weekly visit routine. They were simply a fantastic blend of story and summary, drama and humour.

With little to compare to, I have little to complain about; any delays never really got frustrating, and most importantly, never seemed to affect the gameplay significantly.

Any other comments?

Yay, team villager, and network, we did it. Barely.

I'd love to see some of the behind the scene's shenanigans revealed now.

MAATTTHHHHSSSSS, or alternatively, WHAT KIND OF SUPERNATURAL ENTITY IS CD4, ANYWAYS!:

Spoiler
    Show

A snippet of the discussion regarding cd4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtheminja
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz
    Go Team village!

ok then...CD4

Days 1-4
    Project Mayhem
    Matt K
    Imperial Psycho
    Annon

Odds of doing that by blind guessing alone if he's a villager...0.5%-1%.
    Odds higher if he's extremely good at judging the posts and outthinking the wolves.
    Best odds...he's a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    Looking back I found that Internet Flea had asked me during Night 9 for a list of people I found suspicous. I sent him a reply but then did not bother to resend it after he died that day and I don't know whether he sent it to the mason and seer group but here is the message with dead peoples roles added:

Looking through my table these are the possible suspicous people

Bruntonspall ((Villager, NK)) - made a mistake with the lynch vote yesterday, either knowing that MattK was a wolf or just unlucky. If he was a villager then he was perfectly correct with his reasoning.

Griever - chose to abstain today ((Day 9)) after voting randomly at first (pointing at Tasroth). Why would he do that when he could have just stuck with his vote?

Grlump the Elder (replacing Castaras) - during the seer days she stayed off all the wagons, especially those of the wolves.

Madeyegeorge - He pointed at the seer claim that was backed up by the mason group after the focus was to stop the wagon. Why?

Ghanz Nmi, Helgraf ((Villager, Autoed)), Madeyegeorge, TheBushranger ((Villager, NK)) and TheBritish ((Villager, Autoed)) all voted for Murska and then did not remove the vote to someone else. Inactive after the claim or wolves trying to lynch the seer?

MtheMinja - stayed on the Horoar wagon when the wagon switched to the final Imperial Psycho wagon.

Billtodamax ((Villager, Autoed)), Bruntonspall ((Villager, Autoed)), Leta - all did not vote during either Day 4 or Day 5 when the wolves missed their kill.

UberGamer ((Mason, NK)), The Cyberwolf - tried to vote in the night phase in thread N4 a wolf mistake?

Posted when the wolves missed a night: Julian84 ((Mason, NK)), Gray Mage ((Wolf, Lynched)), Razovor ((Mason, Lynched)), Horoar ((Villager, NK)), VampireRot((Villager, Lynched before then)), Orangeban ((Wolf, Lynched)), Ramsus ((Fool, NK)), Lex-kat, TheBushranger ((Villager, NK)), Alarra ((Wolf, Lynched)), VA_beds, The Fiery Tower ((Wolf,NK)), Ghanz Nmi, Billtodamax ((Villager, Autoed)), Zanshin ((Wolf, Lynched)), Imperial Psycho ((Wolf, Lynched)), Eldritch Knight ((Wolf, Lynched)). However Imperial Psycho was active and didn't send in a kill so I suspect that they either took too long arguing or they had selected one person to do the kill and that person forgot.
    I admit that some of my reasoning was wrong but I am not sure about Griever and Madeyegeorge so I am pointing at Madeyegeorge today.
    Erm, notice how I didn't have to pick a color for wolves, because of ALL THOSE PEOPLE, he didn't manage to suspect a single lynched wolf (and did suspect almost the whole network). I'm as convinced as I'll ever be without getting to scry him. He could be fairly new to the idea of the game, as a wolf really shouldn't ever be as clear as he was at basically delineating who's not a wolf and who is.

Basically, not only did he get an unusually rare wolf pointing streak at the beginning, he managed to rattle off 10 people he though were suspicious towards the end of the game with not ONE of them turning out to be wolves, which is mindblowingly less likely without the knowledge a wolf would have (even considering the increase in information, as after all, it seems he honestly got these inverted suspicions), and wait, there's more: out of the whole network of 5 people, he managed to suspect 4 of them. The probabilities here were so minute, it seemed like he had to be a wolf, because otherwise: he got astronomically (un?)lucky, or he was a pure manifestation of clairvoyance. It's too bad he didn't name a few more targets; we could've gotten a perfect list of wolves just by taking the complement of his suspicions.

Here's a couple of the more interesting network PMs from later on (I assume this is allowed now):

Spoiler
    Show

Oh Noez, seer down!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi
    Alright gents, our seer has fallen, so it's up to us to roll up our sleeves and randomly murder people to victory. Hurray! Now, here's the final list of the network:

Qwaz - Mason
    Uber-Gam3r - Mason
    Ghanz Nmi - Villager
    Horoar - Villager
    Leta - Villager
    madeyegeorge - Villager
    Mtheminja - Villager

...So, uh, someone forward this to madeye, cuz I can't fit everyone in one message (yet).

I think it's important now to go after people who are not on this list, but not openly. Just do not vote for people on this list and things should work out just fine.

We should NOT claim to be network, because that just gives the Wolves a clear target. If they kill at random instead, they can hit some unconfirmed villagers, and making it easier for us to catch the remaining Wolves.
    As I read it this game started with 54 players. If we take an upper limit of wolves at 25% we can assume 14 (13.5) wolves.

Of those 14, 8 have been killed.

So a maximum of 6 to find amoung the 11 players left unknown to us. Have I missed something or does that sound about right?

These are our candidates. Anyone noticed anything they want to share?

Cd4
    Duneyrr
    Griever
    GrlumpTheElder II
    Kyrian
    Lex-kat
    Logarr
    The Fiery Tower
    Tydude
    VA_beds
    Zanshin

Unless anyone has anything we may as well let the wagon on Fiery Tower keep rolling.

All I've noticed in the last few days of bandwagons is Lex seems to have pointed at Madeye quite persistently (often before the seer has spoken). Not definative that since we thought madeye suspicious enough to scry ourselves.

Can't wait till we pick off the Devil!

Analyzerating.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So look for 5 fromt hese 10...

Cd4
    Duneyrr
    Griever
    GrlumpTheElder II
    Kyrian
    Lex-kat
    Logarr
    Tydude
    VA_beds
    Zanshin

Personally have the feeling Cd4 & Lex are villagers.

Cd4: Allara and Matt K made a small attempt to turn the Matt K lynch onto him (pg45/46)

Lex: She's gunning for madeye & She's often the first to vote. Not trying to fly under the radar or stay safely behind the network curtain. I suppose Madeye does make a nice suspicious character for the wolves to try to get lynched though.

With that in mind it maybe a good Idea if Madeye is the next member of the network to out himself once Horoar has been killed...I can only assume it will be reasonably soon.

The devil, having found the seer is now only as good as any other wolf. There hope now is to kill as many network as possible to stop us having any clear direction. I see no reason why they won't night kill the outed network member each night.

As each member outs themselves they introduce themselves and give the names of 2 unconfirmed villagers. One should be lynched that day, the network member night killed and the other one lynched the next. Then the network has a night of relative safety where it's a toss up who dies. Next day another member outs themselves with the names of 2 more unconfirmed villagers.

I suggest only 2 names so as not to give an invereted list of our network to the wolves.

This all said. It may be worth Horoar posting something like this if he can before the night ends.

Well, I'm almost certainly going to die tonight. Here are the names of 2 more targets.

Kyrian
    Griever

I can garuntee neither is a wolf just that neither is a confirmed villager. Best of luck villagers!
    Obviously if anyone's got any preference to targets it's worth prioritising.
    I think networkee day lynches are not a big threat; if a wagon for one starts, claiming network with a message like "If I'm a wolf claiming network, the actual network will contradict me" should work in theory. (Any thoughts here?)

If it's plausible that networkees won't be day lynched, we have to general things to try for:

Lynching wolves instead of unconfirmeds, and
    Wolves night killing unconfirmeds instead of networkees.

Since the biggest advantage we can actually affect by deciding how much to reveal ourselves is wolves night killing unconfirmeds, I'd think the best course to do that would be minimal revealing.

Also, with 7 networkees, 5 unconfirmeds, and 5 wolves, we lose if 3 unconfirmeds get day lynched (cumulative from now to the end of the game; just think it out. Basically, we have to lynch 5 wolves with only 2 mistakes to win), and the 'lynch these 2 people' every 2 days strategy doesn't seem to me like it would increase our 'wolves instead of unconfirmeds lynched per day' rate enough to offset the increase in 'networkees instead of unconfirmeds killed per night' rate.

Of course, this is my first game, so I could be missing something.
    Ok good point. It's worth not outing ourselves full stop until a wagon picks up speed against one of us. When we do out ourselves however It's definetly worth sharing more than one unconfirmed/wolf name at a time. Even with base luck we hit 50% of the time and with a choice of names to go for rather than people following blindly we may see more patterns come out. I'm still almost certain Horoar will be killed tonight so naming a few unconfirmed/wolves is a good idea for him now.
    It's practically impossible for a wagon to kill any of us, as the network practically holds half the lynch votes right now. I don't think we need to reveal unless absolutely necessary, since we have 6 votes to sway the lynch an alternative target is pretty easy to find.

My suspicions currently lie against Zanshin, Lex-Kat, and Griever. Especially Zanshin, who made an attempt to divert the wagon from Fiery Tower.

Analyzerating later on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Leta
    Ok couple more bits and pieces...

Then general feel of Castaras / Glumptheeldar II 's and Lex-kat's posts + their voting record makes me lean towards them being villagers.

I agree with you Ghanz about Kyrian. That instant point from Zanshin i think adds weight to the possibility of him being a villager. Still fishy though

I'm 50/50 about greiver. The way he said this...

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    Imperial Psycho.... again
    ...on day 6 makes me feel he wants everyone to notice that he's voted for IP before and is again for when we all find out he is a wolf (after a 7th days voting as it transpired)

Long story short. If i were to lynch right now I'd go in this order...

cd4
    Greiver
    Kyrian
    -----
    Logarr
    Tydude
    VA_Beds
    Duneyrr
    -----
    Lex-Kat
    GlumpTheElder II

Those middle 4 I haven't got much on to be honest. Logarr missed the first 4 days voting somehow.

Tydude & Duneyrr seems to have kept a lowish profile with random points. Duneyrr helped on the Razavor plan (day 5) though to start ferreting out some wolves where Tydude pointed at king.com (Me!!!)

Project Mayhem ignored the points VA_beds made at him (days 3 & 4) without kicking up a fuss.

BTW: The reason I'm so vocal tonight is that I'm pretty sure if anyone's going to die tonight it'll be Myself or Uber. If they're trying to pick off network members all they'll have from scries now is who's a mason or not and the mason's will be the only definite ones in the network.

If i do get it in the neck, best of luck
    I'd say we should bump VA_Beds up that list, possibly. Other than that, it looks okay to me.

Doomsday quote pyramid + cd4 shenanigans + hey Lex-kat is probably a villager its cool whee
    Spoiler
    Show
    Go Team village!

ok then...CD4

Days 1-4
    Project Mayhem
    Matt K
    Imperial Psycho
    Annon

Odds of doing that by blind guessing alone if he's a villager...0.5%-1%.
    Odds higher if he's extremely good at judging the posts and outthinking the wolves.
    Best odds...he's a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    Looking back I found that Internet Flea had asked me during Night 9 for a list of people I found suspicous. I sent him a reply but then did not bother to resend it after he died that day and I don't know whether he sent it to the mason and seer group but here is the message with dead peoples roles added:

Looking through my table these are the possible suspicous people

Bruntonspall ((Villager, NK)) - made a mistake with the lynch vote yesterday, either knowing that MattK was a wolf or just unlucky. If he was a villager then he was perfectly correct with his reasoning.

Griever - chose to abstain today ((Day 9)) after voting randomly at first (pointing at Tasroth). Why would he do that when he could have just stuck with his vote?

Grlump the Elder (replacing Castaras) - during the seer days she stayed off all the wagons, especially those of the wolves.

Madeyegeorge - He pointed at the seer claim that was backed up by the mason group after the focus was to stop the wagon. Why?

Ghanz Nmi, Helgraf ((Villager, Autoed)), Madeyegeorge, TheBushranger ((Villager, NK)) and TheBritish ((Villager, Autoed)) all voted for Murska and then did not remove the vote to someone else. Inactive after the claim or wolves trying to lynch the seer?

MtheMinja - stayed on the Horoar wagon when the wagon switched to the final Imperial Psycho wagon.

Billtodamax ((Villager, Autoed)), Bruntonspall ((Villager, Autoed)), Leta - all did not vote during either Day 4 or Day 5 when the wolves missed their kill.

UberGamer ((Mason, NK)), The Cyberwolf - tried to vote in the night phase in thread N4 a wolf mistake?

Posted when the wolves missed a night: Julian84 ((Mason, NK)), Gray Mage ((Wolf, Lynched)), Razovor ((Mason, Lynched)), Horoar ((Villager, NK)), VampireRot((Villager, Lynched before then)), Orangeban ((Wolf, Lynched)), Ramsus ((Fool, NK)), Lex-kat, TheBushranger ((Villager, NK)), Alarra ((Wolf, Lynched)), VA_beds, The Fiery Tower ((Wolf,NK)), Ghanz Nmi, Billtodamax ((Villager, Autoed)), Zanshin ((Wolf, Lynched)), Imperial Psycho ((Wolf, Lynched)), Eldritch Knight ((Wolf, Lynched)). However Imperial Psycho was active and didn't send in a kill so I suspect that they either took too long arguing or they had selected one person to do the kill and that person forgot.
    I admit that some of my reasoning was wrong but I am not sure about Griever and Madeyegeorge so I am pointing at Madeyegeorge today.
    Erm, notice how I didn't have to pick a color for wolves, because of ALL THOSE PEOPLE, he didn't manage to suspect a single lynched wolf (and did suspect almost the whole network). I'm as convinced as I'll ever be without getting to scry him. He could be fairly new to the idea of the game, as a wolf really shouldn't ever be as clear as he was at basically delineating who's not a wolf and who is. Given that we didn't really suspect Grlump the Elder, I'd even submit this as evidence in favour of Griever being a villager.

In fact, I'd argue against pointing this out or lynching him right now while we have more important targets. He'd likely be less dangerous, and if a lynch is going against one of us or someone we think is a villager, these facts should easily be enough to turn the lynch against him without exposing the network (almost a get out of jail free card). As far as today goes, I do like the plan of trying to be less obvious today and just gently steer it towards Tydude, or Kyrian.

Thoughts?

Guesses at wolfiness:

cd4
    Kyrian
    Tydude
    -----
    Logarr
    -----
    Greiver
    VA_Beds
    Duneyrr
    -----
    Lex-Kat
    GlumpTheElder II
    cd4 has pointed at mostly wolves and 'suspected' mostly villagers, so I'm pretty sure he's a wolf.

I think Tydude is a wolf, too, though. If someone wants to start a cd4 wagon I'll switch to it. Otherwise, let's just have a few people jump on the Tydude wagon tomorrow.

Hey, I DID say the Tydude plan was best, silly!

...well, I guess that 'and' should've been an 'or'...
    This Tydude wagon needs to pick up pace a bit or we'll lose a networkee to the lynch!

Might it be time to consider one of us (and I suggest myself...being up for the chop) contacting Lex &/or Glump? Maybe saying

"Hi XXXXXX,

While you are not in the villager network we consider you the least likely to be wolves and need your help. These are 3 of the names the network considers most suspicious and would like your help lynching

CD4
    Tydude
    Kyrian.

Should I die you will see the legitimacy of my claim, until then if you don't trust enough to help can you at least keep your points off-wagon to avoid lynching networkees.

Thanks,
    The Network"
    Definitely, but it needs to happen fast.
    I feel like we really should just have reacted faster. The whole reason this happened in the first place was because we waited. Either way, if we must contact someone... I feel better about Glump than Lex.
    I've ended up contacting both. Let's face it. I'm probably dead tonight and that'll give you two more people hopefully voting towards where you need them and knowing they can trust those targets as I was a mason. Also since they're both offline we really need one to come on before Thufir updates so i'm playing the odds. The two generally considered least suspicious...only knowing me: Seems a risk worth taking to try and save madeye.

Almost endgame.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was close

Va Beds decided that one. (Assuming Thufir would have counted cd4's non-red vote).
    He could easily have tipped the balance the other way without being too suspicious. With every wolf counting at this point I think he merits moving down the list...

Cd4
    Kyrian
    Greiver
    --------
    Duneyrr
    VA-Beds
    --------
    Lex-Kat
    Glumptheelder

Of these Lex-Kat and Glump have been informed that Cd4 and Kyrian are being targeted by the network.
    Hyuk hyuk, 3 for 3 so far, we're doing good!

VA_Beds is pretty much cleared for me. Never really pegged him as a Wolf, since he acts this way pretty much every game, and it's very, very unlikely Wolves have the numbers to try a sacrifice play.

We'll see how Lex votes, and if madeye dies quickly. I think someone of her experience would know by now why the madeye wagon never gets off the ground, so I'm getting suspicious that she's so adamant about it.

Endgame time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello. Everyone receiving this PM, I've satisfied myself you're all villagers.

MtheMinja and I are the last remaining members of the network. I'm hoping I get night-killed so you can all completely satisfy yourselves of that fact. But even if that doesn't happen, notice my voting record since we lost the seer. I've always been with the network (at the time Tasroth was lynched, it was Ghanz Nmi, Qwaz, Horoar, Uber-Gam3r, MtheMinja, madeyegeorge, and me). I even started the bandwagons on Zanshin (day 18), a wolf, and Tydude (day 19), also a wolf. These were targets that the network selected. We also selected cd4 and Kyrian, but we were unlucky in the end and they were villagers.

VA_Beds cleared himself as a villager on Day 19 by helping us lynch Tydude.

Grlump and Andre, you've cleared yourselves today by helping us lynch Griever.

Here's the list of players still in the game:

GrlumpTheElder
    Duneyrr
    Lex-Kat
    Andre Fairchilde
    VA_Beds
    MtheMinja
    Leta

Simple elimination:

GrlumpTheElder is a villager
    Andre Fairchilde is a villager
    VA_Beds is a villager
    MtheMinja is a villager
    Leta is a villager

Duneyrr
    Lex-Kat

The remaining wolves are Lex-Kat and Duneyrr.

We win.

Well, hopefully. Unless I sent this PM to some of the wrong people. But I'm reasonably confident that we win.

For the sake of unity, let's agree to go for Duneyrr tomorrow and finish things off with Lex-Kat.

Good luck and Godspeed!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Pixie in the Playground

So let's see; I asked Murska, Alarra and Ghanz Nmi who they thought was suspicious. I asked cd4 who he thought was suspicious in response to Alarra pointing at him. Then I died, and the network used his suspect list to kill him.

...I guess congratulations to Alarra, for the (very) posthumous kill.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

You asked me too. Which is why we killed you.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    You asked me too. Which is why we killed you.
    Yeah, but I asked them first. I only asked other people after those three answered.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Hurrah, fellow villagers!

T'was an awesome game.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #433
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Yeah, but I asked them first. I only asked other people after those three answered.
    Alarra, Lex and I were all like... "wut?" when Lex got your PM. That was pretty fun in hindsight.

I'm glad that I didn't get pegged as a wolf until Leta used the process of elimination to get me. I think there are a lot of things wolves can do to prevent that from happening; consistent targeting for outed wolves seems to be the biggest.

EDIT: Wolf PM's coming later tonight!
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2011-01-07 at 11:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I just posted my thoughts at that moment in time. I think fate or luck had a sense of humour with my original points. That was such an unlucky set of initial points and then my suspisions hiting everyone but a wolf, I now see why you thought I was a wolf.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground

I enjoy trying to play WW on the boards. Villager, I'm kinda eh with, mostly because I then tend to just show up and vote with majority. I'm not sure if that's what keeps me out of the network 100% of the time or what.

All in all Thufir, I enjoyed the game, and your narration. And only wish I'd had more time to turn vote away from me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay! Massive PM dump here. Sorry about the weird formatting, it was all saved as text on my machine. Many of the PMs will be skipped because they are quoted in their entirety in later PMs or they were too short or not crucial in any way. Some PMs may be posted out of order to maintain flow and continuity.

Game on!
    Spoiler
    Show

To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight
    Date : 2010-09-13 11:53
    Title : Werewolf Classic XII Role
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are the werewolves. Each night send in a kill to me & InaVegt, you win when your remaining numbers (Including the Devil, who you don't know) equal those of the Villagers and Villager power roles.

The full list of werewolves is as follows:

Alarra
    Annon
    Duneyrr
    Eldritch Knight
    Gray Mage
    Griever
    Imperial Psycho
    Matt K
    Orangeban
    Project_Mayhem
    The Fiery Tower
    Tydude
    Zanshin

Good luck killing those colonists!
    Day/Night 1 - Setting up the first kill:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Gray Mage, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-09-14 09:30
    Title : Re: First Kill, WW XII
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin
    If I may be so bold to make a suggestion, I say our first kill should be someone from the list of people who votes for the second highest person when day 1 is complete.

So if (by my count so far) Grag is lynched, then we pick someone who voted for GrlumpTheElder to kill. This should, if people are already scheming, lead them to believe it was a retaliatory strike, making GrlumpTheElder a good choice for the next lynching.

I'm sending this to all the wolves in batches of 5, if there is a better way to get everyone in one PM please let me know.

-Zanshin
    I was thinking we should instead night kill the person who either first or second voted for Grlump (or whoever has the second most votes).

This way it comes across as that person is a wolf (and they already got a decent bandwagon going) plus we take out someone else. If Grlump comes in second than it'd be The British as Duneyrr had the first vote. Plus the rationale would be that Duneyrr just chose randomly but The British started the bandwagon.

How does that sound to you? We'd have to see how voting ends but I think it's best to implicate the person who just managed to not get lynched so the next day there's even more reason to vote for him.

Spoiler
    Show

To : Alarra, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Griever
    Date : 2010-09-14 12:02
    Title : Voting Strategy and Night Kill
    Now then, I am voting for Grlump, to even up the bandwagons. The way I see it, it can end up two ways:

1. The tides turn and Grlump gets lynched. This throws suspicion on me (unfortunately) as well as any villager who votes after me, as well as Grag. I think sowing that much dissent is worth my life, since it will tie up the day votes for a while.
    2. Grag gets lynched. Hopefully this will show me as an Upstanding Villiager for trying to save his skin, giving me slight credibility.

So win-win, in my head

For the night-kill, if Grag bites it I say we hit VA_beds, otherwise go for Julian84. Both were the votes where their respective bandwagons really launched off.

Spoiler
    Show

To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Griever
    Date : 2010-09-14 14:55
    Title : Voting Strategy and Night Kill
    I too think that we should vote for someone that bandwagoned Grlump, but I think that TheBritish might be a better option.

Spoiler
    Show

Date : 2010-09-15 13:23
    Title : FW: Voting Strategy and Night Kill
    Forwarding this for Matt K, so he doesn't have to resend if he hasn't already . I address some points below that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K
    Quote Originally Posted by Annon
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangeban
    Umm.. so I got the post from Grey Mage suggesting we vote for TheBritish. I thing it would be good for the wolves if we agree on things so can we try and decide who we're voting for? Also it looks like Internet Flea could be in trouble. What do we do then?
    I really want to seet Internet Flea's role before I make a final decision on that. While I am fully aware that Horoar isn't a wolf, his vote switch away from Flea sets off alarm flags in my head--like, maybe he was a mason defending a fellow mason? In the unlikely event that Flea turns out to be a mason, I'm gunning for Horoar.

Other than that...hmm...given the current situation, I think we should kill GrlumpTheElder. There are a couple reasons for this:

First, it will interfere with people using voting records to identify wolves. I can't think of a short way to explain this, but I can explain it, if you want.

Second, it implicates Grag, because Grlump voted for him. I think I could make a good case to convince the villiagers to lynch Grag next anyway, and this could be the final nail in the coffin.

Those are my thoughts. Any other ideas?

Also, doe anyone know if there's way to make our plotting more...convenient? Like some off-site forum we could go to, perhaps? It's hard to conspire over PMs...
    It's not a bad idea since we most likely can't use this strategy two nights in a row. But then again Grag made it a point not to vote for Grlump. Perhaps maybe Uber-Gam3r (first person to vote Grag)?

We should definitly send another round of PM's once the lynching is over.

And dammmit this BCC thing isn't working. So I'll have to resend this later if I get a chance.
    To me, there's no big difference between which particular person on Grag's bandwagon we kill based on sullying his name--they all will have some efect of implicating Grag.

However, anyone who votes for a villiager lynching is more likely to be accused of being a wolf. If we kill Grlump, we show the villagers that he was innocent, and increase the pool of suspicious people to 13 (5 for Grlump and 8 for Flea, of which 3 are wolves) as opposed to 8 (of which 2 are wolves). So killing Grlump has the added benefit of confounding analysts a bit.

Huh, I guess that wasn't as hard to explain as I thought...

Spoiler
    Show

To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage
    Date : 2010-09-15 14:03
    Title : FW: Voting Strategy and Night Kill
    I really want to seet Internet Flea's role before I make a final decision on that. While I am fully aware that Horoar isn't a wolf, his vote switch away from Flea sets off alarm flags in my head--like, maybe he was a mason defending a fellow mason? In the unlikely event that Flea turns out to be a mason, I'm gunning for Horoar.

Other than that...hmm...given the current situation, I think we should kill GrlumpTheElder. There are a couple reasons for this:

First, it will interfere with people using voting records to identify wolves. I can't think of a short way to explain this, but I can explain it, if you want.

Second, it implicates Grag, because Grlump voted for him. I think I could make a good case to convince the villiagers to lynch Grag next anyway, and this could be the final nail in the coffin.

However, anyone who votes for a villiager lynching is more likely to be accused of being a wolf. If we kill Grlump, we show the villagers that he was innocent, and increase the pool of suspicious people to 13 (5 for Grlump and 8 for Flea, of which 3 are wolves) as opposed to 8 (of which 2 are wolves). So killing Grlump has the added benefit of confounding analysts a bit.

Annon makes a good point.

Since there are a good number of us, we can get away with a few different misdirection strategies in the upcoming days without giving away who we are:

1. The Internet Flea/Horoar/VampireRot connection. Especially since Horoar and VR both switched from someone else to Castaras. Odd Fielding too changed from Internet Flea to someone else, so he could be "in" on it too.
    2. Protecting [XXX] by killing the people who voted for them. We can easily start with Grag, since he was the highest vote for a long time, and as the first voter (really just bad luck) he already has some suspicion.
    3. The non-voters, who from my re-re-re-reading the thread are: Castaras*, IXI FatTony IXI, Kantur, Kyrian, Lex-kat, Logarr, madeyegeorge, and Strategos.

*She is an interesting case, since she is active in the thread but only jokingly voted for the Narrator so far. She could be the Seer or the Baner.

Or the Devil.

Also, I vote for email or Google Chat for our cabal of evil meetings.

Email me at CENSORED and I'll set up a distro-list.
    Day/Night 2 - Devil found, reprimanded by the GM: (sorry for the PM box flood, Thufir!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Griever, Imperial Psycho, Matt K, Orangeban, Project_Mayhem, The Fiery Tower, Tydude, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-09-18 22:52
    Title : FW: Classic - Missing Night Action
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat
    Quote Originally Posted by Thufir
    I'll check out Alarra.
    Alarra scries as a Werewolf.
    How lucky was that? Hello my dear wolf. I am your Devil.

Now, I'm sure you don't wish to go about believing me right away, so I won't ask for knowledge of the other wolves.

Just give me:

1) A list of who you wish to scry during the night.

2) A password so I know when your replacement is contacting me, if you are lynched.
    Just thought I'd pass this along.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Gray Mage, Orangeban
    Date : 2010-09-19 06:49
    Title : Re: WW Classic
    I realise the more experienced players know this, but I'm sending it out to all the wolves to be sure.
    Just a clarification: Unlike the Discwolrd game as described by Rutskarn (Which I know is the reason some of you are playing), and unlike some other variants, in this game the night kill is not determined by tallying a vote, generally speaking. Only one wolf need PM the narrators with a kill each night. You just agree the target amongst yourselves and nominate someone to send it in.

Please, do your part to stop my inbox filling up too quickly.
    So who do we nominate then? I choose Alarra because she's first alphabetacly
    I concur, but because she's proven herself reliable, and trustworthy and *snrk* I said that with a straight face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Griever, Imperial Psycho, Matt K, Orangeban, Project_Mayhem, The Fiery Tower, Tydude, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-09-20 17:09
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarra
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight
    I concur, but because she's proven herself reliable, and trustworthy and *snrk* I said that with a straight face.
    I concur--Alarra seems much less likely to disappear, in is much lower in the villagers scopes at the moment. I suspect I will be the first of us offed, else I would volunteer

On a side note, did we come up with any better venue for collaborating? Zanshin suggested gmail, which is good for me, but I don't know about everyone else.
    *hugs EK* love you too. And, okay, I can be our spokesperson, I'm usually assigned that task anyway. I do have the added benefit of being able to pm all of you in one go though, which is handy. (Though I was kinda looking forward to not being the person in charge of things for once) It's weird that I'm not being tossed around as suspicious yet, I'm usually one of the first to die. And actually, will probably not live that long, since I'm usually scried right away. Of course, there's lots of new people in this game, so that's not necessarily a given like in so many previous ones.
    If desired, I have no problem with being the spokeswolf. I'm very interested in this game, and will likely stick around to the end, alive or dead. No reason to force it on Alarra...

Also....I have an idea. The devil has a choice on who we night kill, right? If we give Lex-Kat our choice for a night kill, tell her to relay it to the narrators, and that person doesn't die in the night, that means she isn't the devil, does it not? It would be an easy, irrefutable way of testing his sincerity.

Note that we should make it very clear that he will get night-killed night after next if he lets us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr
    Okay, Grag is looking like he's gone for this day, so it's time to really look at our options. Today worked out really well, since we were able to get Grag lynched without any combined wolf effort; good job, team!

Let's keep that going by lynching a key supporter of a bandwagon to focus the mob on a high priority, non-wolf target. If we night-kill the good lynch targets, we'll have a higher chance of being scryed and outed, so let's take a look at some options:

Day 3 lynch targets

1. VampireRot
    At the time of this writing, he has 6 votes and NONE of them are from wolves. (Except the initial vote from Lex-Cat who may or may not be our Devil)
    We should probably night-kill billtodamax for bringing him closest to critical mass, or Calar for being 3rd on the bandwagon.

2. TheBritish
    While he only has 3 votes right now, TheBritish seems to be overstating his own bandwagon.
    If we choose TheBritish as our primary lynch target, we would have to kill Strategos, as killing the only other bandwagoneer - Grey Mage - would be silly.

3. Castaras
    With 3 votes we can- oh, wait, no. The only bandwagoneers are wolves. Seriously, guys (and gals), don't do that.

If, for some crazy reason, Grag doesn't get lynched, we should definitely night-kill someone on the Grag bandwagon. If day 3 works out, we might be able to get another day out of it before villagers sniff out what we're doing or form a seer-wagon, which would be terrible.

My vote is for billtodamax.
    We want to let the villagers lynch someone on their own with minimal wolf interference just like they are doing today, so that we stay under the radar of any seer activity.

Alarra: Give us and Lex a password so someone can take over in the event of your death. I would also like to suggest The Cyberwolf or cd4 as scry possibilities.

Personally, I am very suspicious of Castaras--he's been very active in the thread, yet is trying to stay very low-key, it seems, what with the no-voting on day one and the no-justification-pointing on day 2. I'm also mildly suspicious of TheBritish, since he pointed at me right out of the starting gate, switching to Grag only to fill the bandwagon forming. Of course, there's also lostlittlebear, Cyberwolf, and cd4 with the wolf-pointing. Any of these seem like good devil-targets.

For the night-kill....I'm kinda swing toward VampRot. There's no real justification for his bandwagon, and nobody is switching away from him--to me, I don't think we will be able to push the bandwagon tomorrow or in any future votes. However, he has 6 people on his bandwagon, none of which are wolves, and all of them are voting for him randomly. Maybe if we kill him at night, the villagers will think we are desperate to have him dead, and suspect those on his bandwagon? Especially if we luck out and find he has a power role. Either way, it gives those who make lists six more villager names.

Not saying any of the suggestions Duneyrr made were bad, just more heads to the pile.
    I'm good with letting you be the spokesperson. Having Lex send in the kill would be a good way to test her credibility. I'll run it by Thufir and make sure a devil kill would be admissible. Nitpickiness.... Castaras is a she.

Do we have a consensus on who we want scried tonight? I can't remember who people put forward previously.

The password to talk to Lex, assuming we don't confirm that she is the devil with a kill tonight, will be El Puppito.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Griever
    Date : 2010-09-20 15:49
    Also....I have an idea. The devil has a choice on who we night kill, right? If we give Lex-Kat our choice for a night kill, tell her to relay it to the narrators, and that person doesn't die in the night, that means she isn't the devil, does it not? It would be an easy, irrefutable way of testing his sincerity.
    This will undoubtedly work and would probably be worth it. Lex would have been taking a huuuuge risk if she was any non-scrying power-role. If no night kill is taken, we can, potentially, bring down their seer. I'm pretty sure she's legit, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, Grag is looking like he's gone for this day, so it's time to really look at our options. Today worked out really well, since we were able to get Grag lynched without any combined wolf effort; good job, team!

Let's keep that going by lynching a key supporter of a bandwagon to focus the mob on a high priority, non-wolf target. If we night-kill the good lynch targets, we'll have a higher chance of being scryed and outed, so let's take a look at some options:

Day 3 lynch targets

1. VampireRot
    At the time of this writing, he has 6 votes and NONE of them are from wolves. (Except the initial vote from Lex-Cat who may or may not be our Devil)
    We should probably night-kill billtodamax for bringing him closest to critical mass, or Calar for being 3rd on the bandwagon.

2. TheBritish
    While he only has 3 votes right now, TheBritish seems to be overstating his own bandwagon.
    If we choose TheBritish as our primary lynch target, we would have to kill Strategos, as killing the only other bandwagoneer - Grey Mage - would be silly.

3. Castaras
    With 3 votes we can- oh, wait, no. The only bandwagoneers are wolves. Seriously, guys (and gals), don't do that.

If, for some crazy reason, Grag doesn't get lynched, we should definitely night-kill someone on the Grag bandwagon. If day 3 works out, we might be able to get another day out of it before villagers sniff out what we're doing or form a seer-wagon, which would be terrible.

My vote is for billtodamax.
    We want to let the villagers lynch someone on their own with minimal wolf interference just like they are doing today, so that we stay under the radar of any seer activity.

Alarra: Give us and Lex a password so someone can take over in the event of your death. I would also like to suggest The Cyberwolf or cd4 as scry possibilities.

Personally, I am very suspicious of Castaras--he's been very active in the thread, yet is trying to stay very low-key, it seems, what with the no-voting on day one and the no-justification-pointing on day 2. I'm also mildly suspicious of TheBritish, since he pointed at me right out of the starting gate, switching to Grag only to fill the bandwagon forming. Of course, there's also lostlittlebear, Cyberwolf, and cd4 with the wolf-pointing. Any of these seem like good devil-targets.
    Day one points are random, since the seer hasn't taken a night-action, so TheBritish is less of a priority until he actually points at a wolf. I missed lostlittlebear in my search for seer possibilities and Castaras seems to be at least trying to use forum logic to form an opinion. They should both be added to the list though.

For the night-kill....I'm kinda swing toward VampRot. There's no real justification for his bandwagon, and nobody is switching away from him--to me, I don't think we will be able to push the bandwagon tomorrow or in any future votes. However, he has 6 people on his bandwagon, none of which are wolves, and all of them are voting for him randomly. Maybe if we kill him at night, the villagers will think we are desperate to have him dead, and suspect those on his bandwagon? Especially if we luck out and find he has a power role. Either way, it gives those who make lists six more villager names.
    This seems like it should work out great, but I'm concerned about visibility. The only semi-definitive proof anyone can have is if a seer spots a wolf and uses a proxy or outs themselves. We know that none of us (except Matt K and maybe Grey Mage) are too high priority right now, so it's good to have a few high priority seer-targets than a lot of possible targets to improve the chances of Helgraf's rule coming into effect. We know no one else scryed Alarra last night, but this night might be different and I think it's best to have a few 'lightning rods' in place to take the heat.

Other than my own paranoia, though, it's not a bad idea. I'm mostly worried about the bandwagons running thin and forcing us to use wolf votes to protect our own. That's when we start getting nailed.
    This is going to be a loooong game. We've started with a good rhythm, let's keep it up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-21 14:21
    Thufir says that the devil isn't allowed to send in the kill until all of the other wolves are dead, so I guess we'll have to stick with our original plan.
    Okay, so we should try to get a consensus for who we want to kill and scry. On the list for killing there's:

• billtodamax
    • calar
    • Strategos
    • VampireRot

The first three are key supporters of bandwagons, the we're killing to throw suspicion on VampireRot or British. I added VampireRot, because his bandwagon is essentially random but also quite big, and only contains our maybe devil in the first spot--not a prime target--and I hope by killing him after such a close call we can look like we were desperately trying to get him offed. I favor Rot, and Duneyrr's vote is for bill.

For srying, there's just the names I put forward:

• Castaras
    • lostlittlebear
    • TheBritish
    • cd4
    • Cyberwolf
    • Mtheninja
    • Kyrian
    • Odd Fielding

Castaras because she's looking like she's trying to be low key, the others because at some point during day 2 they pointed at a wolf. To me, we should scry either Castaras or whoever on the list is the most 'dangerous,' from past experience in werewolves. This is my first game, so I don't know who else tto vote for besides Castaras.

That's my take. Anyone else have something to add? At least let me know who you think we should target.
    I'm gonna be saying Billtodamax mainly because his reason for voting against Vamp Rot looked flimsy (as if he had another motive) and killing him would make Vamp Rot very suspicous.
    I'd rather kill billtodamax but vampire rot would be fine too. As for scry I'd pick castaras unless we want to test lex-kat. She doesn't know all of us, right? If she doesn't and we want to test her we could tell her to scry one of us. I wouldn't want to do that but it's always an idea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-23 05:28
    Alrighty. We've got 12 hours until morning.

My general sense from you guys is that we want to kill bill and scry Castaras. If I don't hear any protestations, I will tell Thufir and InaVegt as much in about ten hours, and I assume Alarra will tell Lex who to scry.
    Day/Night 3 - We craft ourselves a Seer/Fool:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-23 22:06
    Title : FW: Werewolf XII
    Let's check out..... Castaras.

And let's keep the references to the Figment who survived Mad Science to a minimum. Don't want people to think I'm better than I really am.
    Scry interference.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-25 12:36
    Title : Day 3 votes
    Guys....

DON'T VOTE FOR ROT!

I've got an idea I can detail more later, but Rot's bandwagon is a veeeeeeery dangerous place to be regardless, I think.

Be sure to trelay this to Lex-Cat, please, Alarra.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-27 13:08
    Title : Re: Werewolf XII
    For scrying I would say cd4 (gut feeling) or Odd Fielding (pointed a two wolves).
    I'd be fine scrying either of these targets, but we should decide on a target quickly so we can get it to Lex early.

Also, yes, Imperial Psycho.... you will likely be lynched tomorrow (or soon). That was an extremely 'wolf' statement and I'm sure Murska's not the only one to notice it. I would have jumped on it were I a villager myself. I'm tempted to jump behind it as it is to set me up as more credible in later game because I'm not sure there's much damage control we could do there.
    cd4 has actually voted for a wolf on all three days. Definately asking to be looked into, and little reason for the villager to scry on him so little chance for interference.

I'm not sure who we should kill. I'm in agreement with Alarra--I'm not sure Psycho is long for this world. That means there's not much we can do to sway the votes with the night kill, so maybe we should go after another seer candidate? Castaras still bugs me--today, she pointed at Orangeban, maybe because she scried him? What do you guys think?
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Griever
    Date : 2010-09-27 16:56
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower
    For scrying I would say cd4 (gut feeling) or Odd Fielding (pointed a two wolves).
    I'd be fine scrying either of these targets, but we should decide on a target quickly so we can get it to Lex early.

Also, yes, Imperial Psycho.... you will likely be lynched tomorrow (or soon). That was an extremely 'wolf' statement and I'm sure Murska's not the only one to notice it. I would have jumped on it were I a villager myself. I'm tempted to jump behind it as it is to set me up as more credible in later game because I'm not sure there's much damage control we could do there.
    This is just a quick comment, I couldn't send it to everyone else: Make sure to mention that if the wolves are going to get behind lynching Imperial Psycho, that not too many of them do it. Only a couple of wolves should.
    Agreed.
    Couldn't Imperial try to claim seer/fool? There's probably more then one, but even so it might draw one of them from hiding. It's not like it'd make him look worse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Griever, Tydude
    Date : 2010-09-28 08:08
    Title : Re: Werewolf Classic II
    Originally Posted by Gray Mage

Couldn't Imperial try to claim seer/fool? There's probably more then one, but even so it might draw one of them from hiding. It's not like it'd make him look worse.
    It's worth a go. I'll throw up something later about being seer/fool, say I got a scry on Vampire. worse case, I get lynched anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-27 18:35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage
    That could be fun, and could buy him at least another day, especially if we waste a scry on him the next night to cause interference to the real seer scrying him.
    I was actually thinking of doing the seer defense myself if the time came but no problem if someone else needs it early especially since we've known from the start.

So i vote scry CD4 and kill Leta or Castaras but I'll go along with the consensus for either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-28 06:36
    That could be fun, and could buy him at least another day, especially if we waste a scry on him the next night to cause interference to the real seer scrying him.
    Sounds great to me. I've been tired of sitting here idle . It fits with the 'I told you so' that's damning Psycho and everything. Also, if he survives a day and isn't scried (at which point I will eat my tongue in disbelief), we can use it to test Lex-Kat's devilry.

So, what about tonight. Everyone seems on board about scrying cd4 but I'm not seeing consensus for the kill. Leta or Castaras?
    I say kill Leta since Castaras would put some heatr on Orangeban.

For scrying I say cd4.
    Day/Night 4 - Stuff happens, we never send in a kill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-29 13:29
    What is going on here? Was there some hidden agreement to try to get Ramsus lynched? You guys (Matt K, Orangeban, and ESPECIALLY Annon) are showing extremely wolfish behavior.

We should be influencing villager lynches with the night kill, not with the day vote; especially with Murska around.

Back off and regroup. We've got Imperial Psycho in pole position until the actual Seer comes out with a proxy or we (hopefully) kill him. A proxy is very likely, since the real Seer is probably going to be pretty convinced that he's the Seer and contact someone... unless he's only scried wolves, which would be very bad.

Ramsus is a non-target for lynch votes now. I would focus more on getting Julian84 lynched tomorrow by using the night kill, but it looks like Annon might be going out today. We need to build up another rhythm. I suggest taking out TheBritish tonight and scrying The Cyberwolf or go off of Lex's hunch and scry IXI FatTony IXI. I don't think Castaras is the seer because if Ramsus is the fool and Lex is the Devil then she would have had to have been scried by Ramsus (or she scried herself, which is silly). Plus she pointed at Eldritch Knight and we don't want any attention drawn to him OR Alarra. Let's try to keep our vets in play, okay?

Speaking of vets, I was hoping we could use Murska as a backup day-lynch vote since he was being pretty quiet. For the newbies (of which I am one, I'll admit) and for those of you who have read Rutskarn's Wolf in the Playground, Murska is dangerous. He is generally a quick target for the wolves when a villager because of his excellent analytical skills. If he doesn't get night killed, he looks like a wolf until he starts taking out wolves with logic. Now that Annon looks like he'll be taken out by Murska logic, we might need to night kill him before he starts seriously looking at our members like, say, Matt K.
    Okay, I know this sounds wierd, but how about we just let this play out, and have any wolves that look overly suspicious be pointed out? (That means that if you can see a reason without actually having knowledge of wolves being wolves, point it out in thread. Harder than you would think.). It builds up credibility, especially if it looks realistic that we are noticing these things. However, you need to be careful when you do it. Something that isnít going to be easy to spot (Or, above your ìlogic levelî, like I probably would have missed suspecting IP because I donít normally think about wolves overacting), might be in and of itself suspicious. Thatís just my 2 cents
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, The Fiery Tower
    Date : 2010-09-29 14:40
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower
    Okay, I know this sounds wierd, but how about we just let this play out, and have any wolves that look overly suspicious be pointed out? (That means that if you can see a reason without actually having knowledge of wolves being wolves, point it out in thread. Harder than you would think.). It builds up credibility, especially if it looks realistic that we are noticing these things. However, you need to be careful when you do it. Something that isnít going to be easy to spot (Or, above your ìlogic levelî, like I probably would have missed suspecting IP because I donít normally think about wolves overacting), might be in and of itself suspicious. Thatís just my 2 cents.
    While I've had some votes I actually think I might be in the clear for now. Actually I was thinking we should night kill Murska.

Essentially this could be seen as trying to set up Annon or IP by the wolves and so long as the sentiment goes that way things could be good.

That said, we'll see how this day cycle shapes up since we have like another 24 hours or so. Maybe if it gets dire Annon could claim to be the banner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-29 14:08
    Title : Whoo boy (WW Classic)
    Yeah, well, I'm pretty much dead.

Funny thing is, I was really acting like I would have if I was a villager. I thought killing the Fool is a sure fire way to confirm the Seer. Now I'm probably going to die because I'm the only target available for people to focus their votes on. At least I can comfort myself in know they'll prolly gun down Julian84 next.

Anywho....we (probably you) really need to do something about Castaras. this is the second day in a row she's voted for a wolf, and never with any justification. Maybe Devilscry IP (for intereference chance and to confirm devil if interference doesn't happen) and kill castaras? Although, once again all her votes are wolves...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-09-29 19:01
    I think we should kill Ghanz Nmi. His posts cried 'actual seer' to me. And even if he isn't, the logic he's using shows him to be dangerous.
    If he's the real seer, be sure that on the next day a bandwagon will be formed on IP.
    Yes, but our objective in seer claiming was to try to tease out the real seer and buy IP another day or two. If he's not the real seer, a proxy for the real seer will likely come out tomorrow and try to get IP lynched anyway. Eventually it will come down to a lynch one or the other situation, at which point we'll have to hope we can swing people to believe us. Which will probably involve sacrificing another wolf to gain trust. And this all assumes the real seer isn't being really smart and building a network behind the scenes, which would be worse for us than losing IP after a successful kill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-09-30 06:13
    I don't know if Alarra already forwarded this, so I will:

I'm going to be lazy and just send this to you (you've joined my anti-Ghanz platform AND can send to everyone ) and Annon since he'd be affected. Please share with the others if you see fit.

There is a way we can hurt the bruntonspall bandwagon, and Ghanz in particular TODAY, unfortunately it could also hurt Annon or myself- or whoever posts it.

Ghanz has changed his vote 5 times today, Annon and Horoar twice as well, all finally to bruntonspall.

What I propose is to reveal Ghanz's flip-flopping and insinuate he could be in cahoots with some other wolves, trying to sway the votes.

There are a few outcomes I can see:
    A. bruntonspall goes down and suspicion goes to Ghanz or Horoar
    B. the same, and suspicion goes to Annon or me.
    C. the day vote changes and they lynch Ghanz.
    D. Something horrible or random that I cannot foresee.

For my part, I'm already in the open, I don't see too much harm in throwing slightly more suspicion on me. However, I'm sure as heck not going to be the one to bring this out in the forum. I'm happy with my point right where it is. To tell the truth, I think (A) is the most likely, and switching votes a lot today isn't going to be enough to damn Ghanz over myself tomorrow.

My inclination is to be more conservative with this idea. Zanshin has already put it out there and exposed himself somewhat, but enough of us are already exposed that I would rather no one else put their necks out right now.
    I would be willing to put this out there as it kind of goes along with my other posts. I'll wait for confirmation though as I don't want us all putting this up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-01 22:18
    Title : Re: Werewolf Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    Actually, I was kinda thinking we should set the Devil on Ramsus.

So far, the real seer doesn't actually know whether either IP or Ramsus is being honest--he knows one of the has to be lying, but he can't know for certain which. He can find out by scrying wither one--if he sees Ramsus as the Fool, he knows IP must be lying. Of course, that kinda wastes our scry for the night, and that means that, should the real seer go for Ramsus, Ramsus will know IP is a wolf by morning if he is smart (Fool scrying the seer get Fool as result--anything else means IP is lying)

Why is Fat Tony a candidate for killing? I think we should be doing our best to hunt down the seer, and he doesn't strike me as seer material.
    I've been attempting to stay out of this nightmare of massive number of PM target thingies, but here we go.

In my opinion, we have two options:

1) Set the devil on IP.
    2) Kill Ramsus

If we do not do one of these things, there is a very likely (read: almost certain) chance Ramsus will scry IP as a villager, or something -not- the Fool, and rat him out, losing us breathing room.

For my vote: Kill Ramsus, scry to find the seer/baner.

This is probably the best course of action. I'll second killing Ramsus.

So, who do we think is the seer? Ghanz went for a wolf--twice, even--but both times were for suspicious behavior. He seems to stick out to much for a seer. Castaras has voted for a wolf two days running, and Bushranger voted along with her today--maybe that's the beginning of a Seer Circle? They are both old players, so it would be reasonable to think they would find each other early...

So, one of those two? Or is there another idea?
    If Ramsus figured out he's the fool via a failed guess then he won't believe any result he gets so essentially he's working for us. Castaras is least likely the Seer since she was scryed (although it could have been from the Fool).

Honestly if Murska is as dangerous as people are saying then we might a s well night kill him now and someone could blame it as a plot to set up Annon (plus the night kills of Bill and Leta didn't seem to factor into anyone's vote).

FatTony also seems dangerous but not really going after anyone but villagers so I'd hold off on him.

Razover, Kyrian, va_beds and Tasroth all seem suspicious to me (just a hunch) but these would work better as Scrys at the moment imo.

That said, we should decide soon as the night cycle ends tomorrow.

I'll go with the group but we should send in a vote soonish (although I'm out for the next 10 hrs or so).
    Day/Night 5 - How is IP still alive?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-03 04:05
    Title : Werewolves Classic
    Well, looks like I'm going down. I don't think I'm weaselling outta this one, unless something seriously changes. so yeah, I wouldn't be too fervent in any defence of me, and a couple of you might wanna jump on my bandwagon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Annon, Duneyrr, Gray Mage, Imperial Psycho
    Date : 2010-10-04 06:54
    Title : Re: Werewolves Classic
    Aemoh (covertly at least), Razovor, and Ramsus all claim to be part of a villager network for an unseen seer. I'm going back now to see if there is a pattern in the three of their votes to see if anyone else pops out as an obvious subject. More than likely, it's someone pointing at IP today. I have a small feeling it might be Helgraf.

This network is a danger to us, but we really can't do much to it unless we get the Seer- they'll just grow by one every night they don't scry a wolf. I also think we should take out key people BEFORE they get into the network. Ghanz Nmi and Murska are too active and too smart to let them join with other confirmed villagers.

So my vote for tonight is kill Murska, scry Helgraf*. I'll have to do some more analysis quickly for a better scry target if possible, unless anyone else has a suggestion.
    Helgraf isn't the seer. If he was, he or a proxy would have outed me as a wolf by now, because he certainly would have scried me. My guess is it is someone new because neither myself nor EK have been scried yet.
    I say we kill Aemoh, just a gut feeling.
    I disagree with splitting ourselves accross two fronts. I think we need to expending all of our resources--scrying and killing--to hunt down the seer as soon as possible. If they find the baner, we're in trouble, and if we find them sooner, that's that many fewer people they can add to the network.

There wer six people who votes for IP before Ramsus revealed that he contacted the real seer: Ub3r-Gam3r, VA_beds, calar, FatTony, Julian84, Aemoh. Three of those (FatTony, Julian84, Aemoh) came right after razovor got on his pulpit, with his screwy, ramshackle logic. Some of the network is in the latter three for sure (my finger's on Aemoh), if not the actual seer.

For tonight's actions, I want to kill Aemoh (a little bird told me? realllly?) and scry FatTony (who points at IP to 'avoid autolynch', and who's name has come up a few times before now)
    I think that's a pretty good plan. I'll go along with Kill Aemoh and scry Fat Tony. BTW, did we get a scry last night cycle?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-05 05:28
    Title : Re: WW Classic Day 5 kill
    Okay, so, by my count, I see three for killing Aemoh, and one for Murska. Assuming Thufir updates the lynch results tonight, I'm going to tell him our kill tomorrow around five. If anyone has any rebuttal, speak now. Or, rather soonish at least...
    I'm fine with that. And am out of town until tomorrow afternoon. Lex did not get in a scry last night.
    Alright, if the seer is in contact with th masons already, we have to not make mistakes. I want to make sure the devil gets our target and we get our kill every night.

I'm taking care of the kill and I would like to make sure Lex has a target for tonight, but I, eh, seem to have deleted the PM with the password. Could somebody send it to me?

That's it for now. Honestly, that's about a third of all the wolf PMs in the game and I've hit the character limit. It's pretty fun going back and reading all of these and seeing what we were way off on and what we had right.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ha ha. I love how the wolves were suspicious of cd4 too and for exactly the same reasons

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

What's with all the talk about how I'm supposedly dangerous?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    *coughcoughcookiecoughcough*

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

I've been waiting to say this for a long time....

You said when we FINALLY killed you that it was telling.

As you can see, I wanted to kill you from early on. And when you became the mouth of the Seer, even though we KNEW you were just a villager, I STILL wanted to kill you. Even without scries you picked what, like 2 or 3 wolves on your own? Dangerous.

The rest of the wolves said you weren't the real threat. Which is why you didn't die until we found Tasroth.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

You know, I've honestly never understood why you **pirates5**
    ...'scuse me. Like I was saying, I don't **deathnote**

...I guess I'll leave it there; I can't stop cough**starwarsfromwhatiunderstand**
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-01-08 at 11:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, if we're showing our behind the scenes stuff, I don't have any of the network PMs saved, but I can list my assorted scries:

Spoiler
    Show
    Night 1 - razovor (villager) - mason
    Night 2 - Julian84 (villager) - mason
    Night 3 - Imperial Psycho (werewolf) - yeah... I knew he was lying, even if I was the Fool, which looked unlikely given Ramsus' claim.
    Night 4 - Aemoh (villager) - at the request of the newly formed network
    Night 5 - Annon (werewolf) - and coming just after I found out the network consisted of two masons as well as me and the Fool.
    Night 6 - Leta (villager) - added to network
    Night 7 - Horoar (villager) - added to network
    Night 8 -Murska (villager) - requested by network, including the phrase "why haven't we scried him yet," added to network
    Night 9 - Alarra (werewolf) - requested by Murska, didn't expect her to be a wolf, but would have been a useful ally if she hadn't been
    Night 10 - Ghanz Nmi (villager) - added to network, at this point I was working through assorted suspicions. Wolf to lynch if we're right, new network member if we're wrong. Win-win.
    Night 11 - Mtheminja (villager) - added to network
    Night 12 - Gray Mage (werewolf)
    Night 13 - madeyegeorge (villager) - added to network
    Night 14 - Orangeban (werewolf)
    Night 15 - Eldritch Knight (werewolf)
    Night 16 - VA_beds - I died, so no result. And my plan was if VA_beds had been a wolf, we lynch him (like we'd been doing so successfully). If he wasn't, we go for my other suspicion: Lex-kat.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah I agree with Murska, he is not "supposedly" dangerous.

He is just plain dangerous*. :-P

But dangerously fun when you're on the same side as and end up trusting.

*I have my reasons like everyone else.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I was actually heavily suspicious of Alarra actually being a wolf based on her response to the network's question for suspicions. But I pushed it through with the excuse 'she's an useful ally if she isn't a wolf' because the others seemed to think she wasn't.

I was also heavily suspicious of Eldritch Knight but the network's suspicions delayed that scry a few days.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

Heh. I was actually heavily suspicious of Alarra actually being a wolf based on her response to the network's question for suspicions. But I pushed it through with the excuse 'she's an useful ally if she isn't a wolf' because the others seemed to think she wasn't.

I was also heavily suspicious of Eldritch Knight but the network's suspicions delayed that scry a few days.
    That is almost the exact reasoning we wolves used to find the Seer. Alarra and EK both said if the Seer were someone who's been around for a while, they would have been scried early on.

26. - Top - End - #446

It's really nice to know I was percieved as the least threat to the Network, and really interesting to see the process by which I was night killed... Thanks for these
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

We won? Sweet! Go team us!
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

More wolf PMs for you guys to slog through!

Day/Night 6 - Lex is a clairvoyant; Annon is a dead-man-walking; IP is ... still alive?:
    Spoiler
    Show

Date : 2010-10-06 12:18
    Title : FW: Classic Devil Scry
    My sources wish for me to take a look at Fat Tony. I think they are hungry.
    IXI FatTony IXI scries as the Baner.
    And we have ourselves a Baner.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-07 05:57
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea
    You're not the Baner, are you?

Ramsus' informant says you're a wolf. If you can draw the lynch, we can decide this one way or the other.

Well, crap. I'm burnt toast

Although....does this mean FatTony isn't in contact with the network? Or do you think it's a double-bluff? Like, if I answer with a baner claim, I'll confirm my wolfiness?

Any ideas on what to do?
    Man... this is tough. We have no reason NOT to believe Ramsus's claims now, which means IP and Annon are both on the chopping block.

I don't think Flea is trying to trick Annon- I honestly think they DON'T know who the Baner is yet.

The best thing I can think of now is to make sure FatTony doesn't have a reason to try and save himself tonight, and we kill him and find the seer ASAP.

TheBritish, cd4, and Ghanz Nmi all claimed suspicion in thread at Annon on various days- before Flea came back. I may be missing some, but those might be good scry/kill targets- Alarra or EK, are any of those long time players we can probably scratch off the list?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-07 06:33
    Title : WW Classic: Mason Claiming
    Okay guys, getting one thing straight:

I'm not trying to save my ass with this claim--not completely, at least. If I can survive this day, and we kill Tony tonight, I think we can get away with lynching one of the real masons tomorrow. This is also a chance for you guys to get some credibility, by poking holes in my argument, such as:

• If another mason is contacted, why can't they reveal themselves to back me up?
    • If I knew razovor was a mason, why did I vote for him?
    • If the masons weren't planning on killing IP, why did I vote for him?

Of course, I have alibis for all of these, but I can't put all of that in my argument or I look suspicious. It's less suspicious to answer an accusation though, and looks good for the accuser when I die.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-07 13:58
    Title : Re: WW Classic: Mason Claiming
    I would do this, but I fear becoming TOO useful to the villager network.

I'm still analyzing the voting today, trying to get more info about the seer. I think its fair to assume that the seer is on the IP bandwagon, and won't switch to yours unless the vote total swings your way- or if all the Masons join in. Unfortunately, that's 12 people. TheBritish IS on that list, but I'm starting to doubt my gut feeling...

Alarra or EK (if either of you read this- EK don't get auto-lynched!), feel free to cross off this list anyone who's been around a long time. Any idea as to who it's NOT can help.

calar
    Kantur
    madeyegeorge
    Mtheminja
    Philistine
    Robz defheadz
    TheBritish
    The Bushranger
    Ub3r-Gam3r
    VA_beds
    Valaquil
    Zar Peter
    Kantur and Zar Peter have been around forever, and Kantur's another one that would scry me really early.

Philistine, Bushranger, and calar aren't really new, but aren't old time players either.

Everyone else on that list I had not heard of prior to this game.
    Some more notes:

Aemoh voted for The Bushranger on day 4. Supposedly, the seer had contacted him before then.

Also, many of the people we know of in the network have voted for The British at one point, and he has repeatedly said he is suspicious of me. If honestly believe he is the Seer, because he is probably scrying all the people who are the most suspicious to him. Ghanz Nmi ans Zar Peter have also been suspicious of me in the past, but ZP is an oldie and Ghanz hasn't been voted for by any know network associates

Finally, since I'm not long for this world, I'm sharing a document on google docs. I didn't do it before, because my data-keeping methods are nigh indecipherable, but I might as well share it now.

Link:
    [CENSORED]

I'll see if I have time to label it a little better tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-07 18:23
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax
    Alright, I'm the baner.

I'm still not sure if I should trust you, but if you die and turn out to be a mason, I'll have noone to contact.

Who should I bane tonight? I'm not in any danger, so...

Crap! Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! As soon as he finds out I'm a wolf, he's going to turtle up.

Change of plans tonight. I think we should kill TheBritish and find someone else suspicious to scry. There's no way we're killing the baner this night, but we should have him neutralized tonight, at least.

What should I tell him? It would be good if he didn't get a hold of the seer tonight, or killing the seer will be a coin toss...

Although...maybe I should reveal who he is in thread? Maybe that will intimidate him into turtling more?
    Umm.... He's not the baner. He's screwing with you. We scried Fat Tony as the baner.
    *Slaps forehead* yeah, I forgot. I had exactly 6 minutes to post, and for some reason fattony=billtothemax in my head.

Although....I'm still gonna post that we know bill is the baner in-thread. If they think they've fooled us, the baner is less likely to be cautious with his own life. That's actually better than real baner contact...Sweet...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-07 20:48
    *Slaps forehead* yeah, I forgot. I had exactly 6 minutes to post, and for some reason fattony=billtothemax in my head.

Although....I'm still gonna post that we know bill is the baner in-thread. If they think they've fooled us, the baner is less likely to be cautious with his own life. That's actually better than real baner contact...Sweet...
    I think this is a terrible idea. If you really were a mason, you certainly wouldn't post the baner's identity in the thread. You could subtly imply that someone contacted you, but even that is a bit risky. I'm sure that the real baner has contacted one of the real masons by now, or will at least be protecting one of them. He certainly would have no reason to think he would be a target, so tonight's probably a great night to try to kill him.

I don't think we should scry Bill. He might be a mason, but we don't really care about masons, we need the seer. He's certainly not the seer if he's willing to put himself into our hands like that.

I am still suspicious of Ghanz from his earlier 'seer-esque' comments, though my current thought is drifting toward Uber-Gam3r. His latest post just read 'trying to stay under the radar and look like I'm not part of the network when I really am' to me. I realize that I don't have any real 'analysis' to back up this hunch, but I'm pretty darn good at reading people. I would recommend scrying one of them.
    Waitwaitwait what? You mean I'm not dead already...?

*counts votes twice*

Wait....so I'm tied with IP? And he got there first?

Whaaaaat? Seriously? I figured for sure I was set for hanging...

Okay....I'll respond to bill, that if I don't survive I have given another mason his information. Then, if I survive or not, we'll be set.

Drat...I had a whole set of last words planned out. I had all my affairs in order. Not that things don't become infinitely better if I survive...

But for tonight's business--I really think British is the seer. It's just screaming at me. Ghanz is a definite second, but I'm quite, quite certain it's British.

I'll defer to experience if you really want to go for Ghanz though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-07 21:04
    Waitwaitwait what? You mean I'm not dead already...?

*counts votes twice*

Wait....so I'm tied with IP? And he got there first?

Whaaaaat? Seriously? I figured for sure I was set for hanging...

Okay....I'll respond to bill, that if I don't survive I have given another mason his information. Then, if I survive or not, we'll be set.

Drat...I had a whole set of last words planned out. I had all my affairs in order. Not that things don't become infinitely better if I survive...

But for tonight's business--I really think British is the seer. It's just screaming at me. Ghanz is a definite second, but I'm quite, quite certain it's British.

I'll defer to experience if you really want to go for Ghanz though.
    British seemed far too vocal early in the game for a seer. He also kept going out of his way to support IP, which seems really odd for a seer to do.
    Ghanz Nmi it is then. But I want British to get some heat soon, please. Dying wish, yes?

Also, my reply to bill:

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax
    Alright, I'm the baner.

I'm still not sure if I should trust you, but if you die and turn out to be a mason, I'll have noone to contact.

Who should I bane tonight? I'm not in any danger, so...
    As of right now, I seem to be tied.

I'll forward your identity to the masons. If I die, another will contact you.

The password is Bollwerk. If the contact does not give you this password, they are not one of the masons.

For Baning, I would protect Imperial Psycho if he survives the day. If not, protect yourself. We have no contact with the true seer at this time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Duneyrr
    Date : 2010-10-08 10:59
    CRAP! I keep doing that...

So, who now will pass the kill to Thufir?
    I can do it, if I can ever figure out a good way to use this blasted PM system.
    Okay. Im gonna vote Fat Tony and for scry, in keeping with Annons wishes, The British but I don't care that much and if you wish to ignore my scry vote you can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Lex-kat
    Date : 2010-10-08 11:30
    Title : WW Classic XII: Night 6 scry target
    Why hello there, sister.

I am Alarra's temporary relief for tonight, since she will be unavailable. Unfortunately, we haven't decided on a scry target yet. Please take into consideration Ghanz Nmi (Alarra's pick) and TheBritish (Annon's pick) when making your scry tonight.

I place my full faith in you; faith that you are not a devilish liar, but are instead a devilish devil.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra
    Date : 2010-10-08 11:46
    Well, tonight's night kill is pretty obvious, but send Alarra your scry requests so she can tell Lex.
    I agree, we kill Fat Tony. I have no idea who we shoudl scry, but I don't think Alarra is available this night cycle (see the thread), so someone else should probably contact Lex Kat.

As for the next day cycle, perhaps IP can throw another villager on the fire before getting lynched himself? We'd need to figure out someone who probably isn't in contact with the Network or then again perhaps go after Rasmus which may be dangerous.
    Fair enough, I'll convince Lex I'm a wolf and send her the scry target. For now, come up with someone and send it to me. So far I've got 'TheBritish' or 'Ghanz Nmi' for scry targets.
    I've got internet, so can send scries into lex. I'd go with ghanz over british though.
    Ah, poop. I already made contact, so she knows we're looking at both. I told her to pick one (your name was attached to Ghanz and Annon's to British, so I'm relatively certain she'll scry your pick) if we didn't give her a definite target during the night cycle.

Day/Night 7 - Why did we kill Phase? Why are we scrying Castaras again? I don't remember:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Lex-kat
    Date : 2010-10-09 14:55
    Title : Re: Classic Scry
    Let's check out this Ghanz Nmi fellow.
    Ghanz Nmi scries as a Villager.
    Well, without the Baner, the Road to Victory is open.

I certainly hope that proves I'm the Devil. I'd be a horrid Seer if I gave you the Baner.
    You are absolutely lovely!
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Zanshin
    Date : 2010-10-10 07:42
    I lost my computer last night to a virus and had to restore it to factory default, so I don't have the full list of wolves anymore...

On a hunch, I say we kill Castaras. Either she's the seer or in the seer network. Her random point at Alarra when the entire villager population should be chomping at the bit to kill IP seems suspicious. If tomorrow the known Masons turn on Alarra, we have even more proof.

The scry interference could mean that Ramsus tried to scry her more than once. He said he's scried the seer, and the only other scry we know of from him was VampireRot.
    But, if we DO kill Castaras, Alarra (and probably Project_Mayhem) will be under serious suspicion. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide, but I personally think we should try scrying her again and kill off a high profile person like Internet Flea or Ramsus.

What do you guys say?

The full wolf list:
    Alarra ; Annon ; Duneyrr ; Eldritch Knight ; Gray Mage ; Griever ; Imperial Psycho ; Matt K ; Orangeban ; Project_Mayhem ; The Fiery Tower ; Tydude ; Zanshin
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-10-12 06:14
    I don't know if anything has been decided, but I vote for either Internet Flea, Ramsus, or Phase (I have a feeling about him) to die, and we attempt to scry Castaras again.

Killing Ramsus MIGHT get us Horoar tomorrow. Killing one of the known Masons will weaken the network, and Flea is too damn smart to be alive anyway.
    I agree. I think Phase might be our best bet. Scrying Castaras might be a good idea as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Duneyrr
    Date : 2010-10-12 17:22
    Is everyone cool with NK-ing Phase? Lex may have already sent her scry for TheBritish, we'll find out soon.
    Yeah, just kill him.

Day/Night 8 - Nothing amazing happens... some people talk about stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-13 19:19
    Title : Re: Classic XII Night
    I've been asked to try Castaras again. Can I please change my scry to her?
    Castaras scries as a Villager.
    Why did we scry her again? Did I get interference the first time?
    Yeah. I dunno. Anyway....um.... Ub3r-gamr? next time?
    Sure thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-17 10:58
    Have you heard anything about the last two night scries?
    Ghanz Nmi and Castaras both show up as villager. We're gonna try Ub3r tonight, since he's been really lucky with his points. TheBritish seems far too active to be the seer, but if he doesn't get lynched today, we might just want to NK him, though I think Ramsus or IF would be better targets just to keep them from talking to 'team good'.

Anyway, debate among yourselves or whatever and let me know - oh, and don't do anything too crazy.
    I agree with Killing Uber. I say we scry Ghanz.
    Ghanz scries as a villager. I was talking about scrying Ub3r. I think we're gonna kill Ramsus tonight, actually, since we're helping out the network by randa-killing.
    Sounds good. Just make sure to get the kill in.

Day/Night 9 - Murska, you ain't no Seer! Also, IF starts asking questions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-10-20 20:58
    Title : Re: Classic XII Night Scry

Uber-Gam3r scries as a Mason.
    Well, we've found us another Mason.
    Well, there we are! Looks like we're good to take out 3 masons in a row. That should be quite the morale killer. Any thoughts on tomorrow night's scry?
    I'm going to have to speak out against this idea, even though I have been trying to remain silent so far.

Our #1 goal is to kill the seer, no ifs, ands or buts.

A lone mason is merely another villager that scries differently (and is safer in a non-alpha game)

I would much rather we kill a possibly seer than kill a confirmed non-seer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Duneyrr, Eldritch Knight, Gray Mage, Griever, Matt K, Orangeban, Project_Mayhem, The Fiery Tower, Tydude, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-10-20 21:24
    I'm going to have to speak out against this idea, even though I have been trying to remain silent so far.

Our #1 goal is to kill the seer, no ifs, ands or buts.

A lone mason is merely another villager that scries differently (and is safer in a non-alpha game)

I would much rather we kill a possibly seer than kill a confirmed non-seer.
    Agreed. Killing masons (and Ramsus yesterday) is just silly, though killing randomly increases their chances of finding us, our top priority needs to be eliminating the seer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-21 14:44
    Well, it looks like another one of us will be sacrificed... I think it would be foolish to NOT take out Murska. He's starting to get a bit more active anyway, and we don't want him contributing to the village especially since he is (or will be) part of the network.

I'm 90% sure he's not the seer, but 10% ain't so bad. Let's think about who to scry.
    Does anyone have a list of scries? I think cd4 seems suspicious but have we scried him yet?

It looks like I'm not long for this game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-22 17:58
    Title : Re: classic
    Hey,
    Do you have a list of everyone that we've scried? I haven't been making a spreadsheet or anything.
    {table=head]Day|Player|Role
    1|Alarra|Wolf
    2|Castaras|Villager or Interference (?)
    3|cd4|Villager
    4|No Scry|
    5|Fat Tony|Baner
    6|Ghanz Nmi|Villager
    7|Castaras|Villager
    8|Uber-Gam3r|Mason
    [/table]

I'm thinking of scrying TheBritish. But I'll go with whoever you want.

I figure Murska is either the Seer or a Wolf. I can't believe he would out himself as the Seer without an ulterior motive. It's so... unMurska-like.

If he's not the Wolf, should I scry him, or are you going to kill him no matter what?
    He's not a wolf. I don't know what he's doing either, but I'm 90% sure he's just a villager getting us to waste a night kill/scry. I don't think we can afford to leave him alone, though, so I think we're considering the kill. I do wonder if you scry him tonight and we DON'T NK him if the town will lynch him? Is that worth a shot?

If he turns up villager, we can just leave him alone!
    He's not a wolf, Matt K is, however, so that's going to make Murska look good. and yes, our plan is to kill him. I don't think TheBritish is a good scry choice. He just came in as an autolynch replacement and the seer who's in the network and clearly scrying wouldn't have been autolynched. I think we should keep looking for him on the chance that it isn't Murska.
    I think I should scry Internet Flea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra
    Date : 2010-10-22 18:00
    Title : FW: WW Classic
    Any ideas about which players are wolves?
    Do I?
    Honestly? We're the only two you know. Come up with a list and show it to us and we'll let you in on who's a wolf and who's not. It's better if you do this blind, but if the list is too wolf-heavy, you'll need to cull it a bit.

It's good he asked you and not one of us (that I know of), since our answers might be swayed by wolf-knowledge. BTW, I don't mind if I'm on the list, if you think I should belong there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Alarra, Lex-kat
    Date : 2010-10-23 14:11
    Any ideas about which players are wolves?
    Do I?
    He asked me the same thing.
    I say NK Internet Flea, scry Murska.

We don't want him asking questions, and he's a pretty good target anyway.

Day/Night 10 - Duneyrr is an incompetent boob:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Date : 2010-10-25 08:30
    Title : Re: Night Scry
    Scry Murska.

Or if the Wolves are planning to kill Murska, can I scry Internet Flea instead?
    I'm going to have to ask you to pick one. No conditionals.
    Darn.

Scry Murska then. This may change, if the wolves tell me to do otherwise.
    We killed Murska. I think IF is a good choice.
    So, Scry Internet Flea, if I still can.
    Since there's obviously been miscommunication here, I'm going to be generous and count the scry on the not-killed person...
    Murska scries as a Villager.
    Phew. We really need to communicate better, yes?
    Sorry about that. I sent in the kill for IF, since I was very sure Murska was a villager (actually, I'm surprised the actual seer didn't scry him to give us interference if we tried scrying him). There was only about an hour left when I sent the PM to Thufir and I really didn't want a no-kill or waste it on Murska.

We should probably come up with a scry and kill early during the day phase and only change if there is a major development and only after clear communication. Sorry for jumping the gun, especially when you are both veteran players.
    Sorry for the confusion. Looks like your choice was the better.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Project_Mayhem, The Fiery Tower, Tydude, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-10-25 08:53
    Title : Re: Night Scry
    Bad news, Alarra. I'm pretty sure you've been outed and I'm assuming the seer is going to use - or is already using - Murska as a proxy. Why it took them this long to scry you is interesting, though. We should try taking out and scrying newer people.

Oh, and Murska is NOT going to be lynched, not after this.

I say we kill Julian, then Murska, so that the villagers don't have anyone to go to unless some more Masons out themselves, but others may have a better idea. Please put your ideas out to each other, as well as Alarra and I, for NKs and scries.

Also, sorry about the point. I shouldn't have posted yet, and because of it, I had to respond to Murska. That was an amateur mistake; sorry.

Spoiler
    Show
    To : Project_Mayhem, The Fiery Tower, Tydude, Zanshin
    Date : 2010-10-26 15:40
    Title : FW: Werewolf Classic XII
    Okay, guys, I'm thinking calar for NK or scry. Any comments or suggestions? We could also work on taking out the vocal network while we scry for the seer, but it might be worthwhile to use both the kill and the scry in hopes of hitting the jackpot. Thoughts?

BTW, Murska scried as a Villager.
    I agree w/ nk'ing calar. He was on my short list of people who voted for IP even when Horoar "took one for the team.

As for scry, I say either king.com or Odd Fielding. They both have been following the Mason clique closely.
    I like the idea of scrying both of these folks. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one for tonight?
    Spoiler
    Show
    To : Duneyrr, Thufir
    Date : 2010-10-27 18:59
    Title : Re: Werewolf Scry
    Scry Orangeban
    Nononono!
    He's a wolf. I've only gotten one response from the wolves. Give me a sec.
    Okay. Let's try an Odd Fielding.

The rest will come tomorrow!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

I love reading these. Thanks Duneyrr. Brings back wonderful memories.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did you keep all these in your inbox Duneyrr?