Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Superpowers

Well if people are going to ignore me, I'll roll 3 as well

Memory Manipulation
    Pain Inducement
    Psychokinesis

That's pretty sweet actually. I'll become a phantom; no one can remember me if I don't want them to, I can cause them pain if they do something that displeases me, and if I ever actually need to do something myself I can do it psychokinetically so I never need to be there myself.

Yep, going with The Phantom.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-11-14 at 12:39 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I am . . . Miasma.

You know, I think I like my powers. Sure, they mean no physical contact, my head potentially been overloaded with other peoples thoughts and making superheroes drop out of the sky when I pass by, but . . .if a bit emo, they are pretty good.I got some combat skills, I got some investigative capabilities and I got an excellent defense against other supers. All in all, I think I lucked out. With a little kung-fu fighting and judo, I think I could do pretty good.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2010-11-14 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lordyoshi01 View Post
    What it's three powers now? Fine, I'll play along, I already got screwed with two useless powers I might as well risk a third, I roll and get... the hell I gotWater Generation? The *+&^? That's even more useless than my previous powers! At least with the ability to control daylight hours I could be a friggin effective terrorist, and with money ray I can buy some cool stuff, but come on, water generation? The one power that would mess up my love of electronics and books and I can't even use it in combat short of being able to spit water?!

I'm going to cry in a corner now...
    Are you kidding me? These rock!

By being able to effect the earth's rotation you can manipulate sea level across the globe (since the earth's rotation causes the earth to currently bulge out a a little more at the Equator). Slowing this would cause planet-wide floods. You could level civilizations at a whim. You'd be unaffected yourself by groundwater tainting due to your water generation powers and could provide any area you wished with relief and/or immunity to the world-wide sea level crisis. Your ability to create currency means that while all other nations take a huge financial dip from dealing with rebuilding their ruined cities you can further undermine their currency through generating lots of extra cash in their denominations. Establish your own nation in the wreckage of civilization, declare your currency to be solid gold coins and produce the heck out of them making wherever you choose to rule the world's newest financial superpower.

Congratulations. With your "useless" powers you have conquered the world and changed it as you see fit. And the best part is no one could ever prove it if you did it right.
    Last edited by Trog; 2010-11-14 at 12:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    2.5b7*m1*Human Animal*Hair:Standard,fraBlank,53453A,FFFFFF,100,10 0,21,Eyebrows:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100, 100,19,Eyes:Standard,pharoah,FFFF00,FFFFFF,100,100 ,18,Nose:Standard,thinslant,CFCFCF,CFCFCF,100,100, 25,Mouth:Standard,tusks,FFFFFF,9C8A74,100,100,30,B eard:Standard,chincleft,53453A,FFFFFF,100,100,24,E ars:Standard,elf1,53453A,312829,100,100,31,Skin:St andard,fraBlank,9C8A74,CEBB9B,100,100,6,Mask:Stand ard,tophalfbandana,53453A,CFCFCF,100,100,20,Headge ar:Standard,devilhorns,a2a073,cccc99,100,100,27,Un dershirt:Standard,tank,312829,53453A,100,100,7,Ove rshirt:Standard,wave,CFCFCF,8C8C8C,100,100,8,Coat: Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,23,RightGl ove:Standard,fraBlank,BDBDBD,848484,100,100,17,Lef tGlove:Standard,fraBlank,538610,FFFFFF,100,100,16, Insignia:Standard,triangle,DDDDDD,FFFFFF,100,100,9 ,Neckwear:Standard,fur,53453A,CFCFCF,100,100,22,Be lt:Standard,dagger2,8D6531,8C8C8C,100,100,15,Leggi ngs:Standard,bikini,312829,53453A,100,100,10,Overl eggings:Standard,wave,DDDDDD,848484,100,100,11,Pan ts:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,14,Righ tFoot:Standard,hobbit,312829,53453A,100,100,13,Lef tFoot:Standard,hobbit,312829,53453A,100,100,12,Bac k:Standard,furcape,53453A,DDDDDD,100,100,3,Wings:S tandard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,4,Tail:Stan dard,plaincat,53453A,EF6972,100,100,5,Aura:Standar d,spacedots,27B873,AED79D,100,100,2,Companion:Stan dard,fraBlank,9C8A74,CFCFCF,100,100,29,Background: Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,1,RightHan d:Standard,fraBlank,9C9C9C,8D6531,100,100,28,LeftH and:Standard,staff,CEA66B,8D6531,100,100,26,#

He's a real ladies man.
    Rawr, what a tiger! And bear, and wolf and . . .yeah.
    Awesome picture though.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post

By being able to effect the earth's rotation you can manipulate sea level across the globe (since the earth's rotation causes the earth to currently bulge out a a little more at the Equator). Slowing this would cause planet-wide floods. You could level civilizations at a whim. You'd be unaffected yourself by groundwater tainting due to your water generation powers and could provide any area you wished with relief and/or immunity to the world-wide sea level crisis. Your ability to create currency means that while all other nations take a huge financial dip from dealing with rebuilding their ruined cities you can further undermine their currency through generating lots of extra cash in their denominations. Establish your own nation in the wreckage of civilization, declare your currency to be solid gold coins and produce the heck out of them making wherever you choose to rule the world's newest financial superpower.

Congratulations. With your "useless" powers you have conquered the world and changed it as you see fit. And the best part is no one could ever prove it if you did it right.
    Wow, you've got a point... but now you told me the best way to take over the world, MWA HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Cruddy MS Paint avatar made by myself

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

hahaha

A guy with one blind eye with accuracy boosts.
    That makes my day.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, you've got a point... but now you told me the best way to take over the world, MWA HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Don't worry, I'll make you forget, then forget you forgot.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Rerolling a power set...
    Card Manipulation
    Kamehameha
    Omnipotence
    I think I'll call myself Fortunato, and wander the world giving tarot card readings and uphold those readings with my omnipotence.
    I'd try to make the world a better place, though.
    Also, the ability to shoot a huge blast of energy is overshadowed by the ability to launch a pebble at a significant fraction of the speed of light.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, 3 powers? Ok then.

Computer Manipulation

The ability to manipulate computers and other information systems and networks through physical presence.
    I suppose that could feasibly come in handy, if I need to get information I shouldn't.

Void Pocketing

Whilst it could be seen as a type of Spacial Manipulation, Void 'pocketing' is controlling a force beyond conventional understanding and using it to escape or as a weapon.
    Well. I could use this to hide objects, I guess. Not that I'd generally want to, but oh well. Also, I could use it to kill people. Again, that's not really very high on my list of "Things I'd like to do".

And finally...

Power Negation

The power to nullify the supernatural powers of others.
    According to the OP, the rest of the world remains the same. So I have no use for this. At All. Ever.

Did I draw the short straw here?
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

10. - Top - End - #190

Okay, I'm jumping on this bandwagon. Two more powers.

Claw Retraction

and

Magic

Claw retraction I've never cared for, but... magic?? For serious? It's like omnipotence but a wizard did it

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Danger Intuition, Yin and Yang Manipulation and nerve Manipulation.

I turn everyone in the world good, use my nerve manipulation to shrug off pain and help those in pain and use my Danger intuition to avoid being offed by those I've not yet converted to good.

Alternatively...

Omnipresence, Smoke Manipulation, Crumpling

Use my powers to eradicate most technology, sending us back to the stone age but at the same time making sure not to harm people in doing so, try and lead everyone into the path of good and use smoke and martial arts/teleportation in order to stop evildoers. Recreate world and create utopia in which we won't global warming ourselves to death.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post

And here I was thinking essentially Instant Liquefaction on living targets. And yes, that is as gross as it sounds.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, we get 3 random powers?

I can glide and detect lies.

Air Manipulation pretty much cancels out gliding, so rerolling:

Now I can tell if people are sleeping.

Wow. Those are so useful [/sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post

Now I can tell if people are sleeping. ...]

No seriously, that is pretty bad as powers go

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Nobody would blame you if you rerolled that last one.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

I am . . . Miasma.

You know, I think I like my powers. Sure, they mean no physical contact, my head potentially been overloaded with other peoples thoughts and making superheroes drop out of the sky when I pass by, but . . .if a bit emo, they are pretty good.I got some combat skills, I got some investigative capabilities and I got an excellent defense against other supers. All in all, I think I lucked out. With a little kung-fu fighting and judo, I think I could do pretty good.
    I can't find any reference to Miasma..did you draw that yourself? It's awesome, if you did. She should totally be a real superhero if she isn't already! She could be friends with rogue, cause she at least would understand the no-touchy thing.
    Last edited by Marnath; 2010-11-14 at 01:44 PM.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'm going to redo that last one...

YES! I can make things explode!

So I control air, make things explode, and detect lies. Now what to call myself?
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2010-11-14 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm going to redo that last one...

YES! I can make things explode!

So I control air, make things explode, and detect lies. Now what to call myself?
    The Judge

You seek out deception and blow up people who refuse to change. Then you fly away.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

We're doing triple rolls now? Maybe I will get something better.

1) Mind Control
    2) Pheremone Manipulation
    3) Ferity Inducement

Well, I'm a Male Confessor now, basically. I'll try not to go insane.
    I seem to have gotten quite a theme going, so I guess I'll use my lesser powers to get things done so I won't be tempted to destroy anyone's soul and free will.

*edit:Who am I kidding, I'll probably just use the pheremones one to stun huge groups of people so I can use my mind control touch without getting shot.
    Last edited by Marnath; 2010-11-14 at 02:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Planetar

I still need a superhero/villian name.. what would one call oneself if one could control someone's age, have power over "the void" and could liquefy people and things?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus Jack View Post
    I still need a superhero/villian name.. what would one call oneself if one could control someone's age, have power over "the void" and could liquefy people and things?
    Entropy, obviously.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Banned

Decided to do it again:

Powers Via Object

The power in which one can obtain supernatural powers through touching objects. Also known as Artifact Magic.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus Jack View Post
    The End

I'm a fan of superhero/villain names starting with The.

24. - Top - End - #204

Planetar

The End would be such a great name if everytime I thought of it the MGS3 boss came into my mind.

Actually screw it, I am THE END!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

I have the power to control the earth's rotation, the power to make money, and the power to secrete water... The hell kind of name does that lead to?

26. - Top - End - #206

Planetar

The (Wet)MoneySpinner!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

I have the power to control the earth's rotation, the power to make money, and the power to secrete water... The hell kind of name does that lead to?
    Terra

You fluff your Money Ray as drawing gold out of the ground.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I have decided to try again. I already got dimension traveling, and money shooting. Let's hope it will be useful this time.

Mind Control.

Can I reroll money shooting? If yes, I could make a cool villain.

Vampirism.

Hot damn. I am a pretty awesome super villain.

I am imagining something like Void Night.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Colossus in the Playground

I got Biological Manipulation, which means that I'm effectively immortal, as well as anyone else that I choose to maintain. After a brief stint as a doctor to make tons of money, I modify my organism to no longer require oxygen, use the money to go to Mars along with a bucket of organisms and spend eternity making a biosphere for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Mind Control.
    Vampirism.

Hot damn. I am a pretty awesome super villain.

I am imagining something like Void Night.
    Man, all you need to do is try to reroll to include Faunal_Morphing. and you can just call yourself Dracula.

Edit:
    I guess since everyone else is now rerolling thier powers, I'll try it too.
    Stepping Discs.
    Nightmare Realms
    and Reality Warping.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! After suffering from those weak (yet effective) other powers, I have become The Overlord!
    Last edited by lordyoshi01; 2010-11-14 at 02:38 PM.