New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: 2125 (IC)

Humanitarian Conference

To Eden Acrologies

It is indeed a valid concern. That is why I proposed New South Africa and Mexico to handle the distribution. They have great experience dealing with Warlords and would see that such scenario doesn’t come to pass. I would also advise neutral security forces to protect food distribution effort.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Freemasons

To Eden Arcologies (5esp. to read)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We accept these terms. When can we expect these schematics?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

Official Response to the 'Humanitarian Conference'
    Sanctum at this time will watch eagerly to see the success of the new philanthropy project. However, at this time we will wait until the intitial success of the Humanitarian Conference is seen before we pool are resources into it, as well as the full implications of its enactment will be.

Eden Archeologies
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are now setting up Alsandra's schedule for visiting other nations. Which of your locations would it be best for Alsandra to visit. If left to us, the nearest location will be sufficient.

Russian Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alsandra is about to go on an intenrational tour meeting with other nations one by one. We would like to add you to hte list. Is this acceptable?

Great Japan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alsandra would like to meet with Greater Japan's leaders in private this next season to discuss relations between our two nations. Can we arrange this?

Nepal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alsandra would like to travel to Nepal sometime this next season to meet with your leaders in person. Can we arrange this meeting?

Mexico
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to send oour head of state, Alsandra Winheim, to meet with your leaders in Mexico in regards to trade between the two sides of the Pacific. Will you accept?
    Last edited by daelrog; 2011-01-01 at 03:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Humanitarian Conference

Ahad Babaev to Snactum

Sanctum's reluctance costs lives of the people. The sooner this initiative takes off, the less people will die from famine and its social consequences. The lack of food can ignite conflicts and lead to attempts to procure it by the force of arms in the Warlord territories.

Uzbekistan has proposed that New South Africa and Mexico would have oversight over this humanitarian effort. I sincerely believe in their integrity and ability to manage it.

Edited: Correcting Misunderstanding
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-01-01 at 03:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

Response to Triumverate
    Sanctum is disappointed in the Ahad Babaev's disrespect. There are other means to provide aid than through this Humanitarian Conference as well as other groups in need during this trying time. We will not be guilted into mindless joining this one specific project until we have seen it in action.

Sanctum stands by its stance that we will wait to see whether this Humanitarian Conference is the most effective way to provide aid. We suggest that other nations do not fall prey to being guilted, or told that not to help this one specific project will be synonymous with being murderers. We also ask that each state respect the decision of its peers, and to not use this one specific project as an excuse to increase tensions among nations.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2011-01-01 at 03:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Humanitarian Conference

Ahad Babaev

''As of now there was only this initiative and Argentina’s offer to distribute relief to their neighbours.
    I know not of any other humanitarian effort to aid the people in the warlord territories, afflicted by the famine. Someone always has to make the first step.

I would hope that Sanctum wouldn't actively discourage participation of other nations in this initiative. We aren't labeling anyone ''murderers'' - this remark is slanderous.''

Ahad Babaev to Argentina
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to invite Argentina to join the humanitarian effort to combat global famine. The combination of our efforts will see swifter aid delivered to the people.

I apologize for not inviting your nation to the conference before. It was my incorrect assumption, that Argentina was focused on dealing with your own famine crisis.
    ''

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

To Sanctum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All right. We will make the arrangements.

Humanitarian Conference

The Russian Federation is glad to see that the international community is taking care of it's own, even in areas such as the warlord states of South America.

We will be focusing our efforts to helping those suffering in Europe, Africa and Asia in the meanwhile.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triumvirate

To Humanitarian Conference

The Triumvirate corporation agrees with Sanctum. We will observe the success of this initiative, before making our decision, whether to join it or not.

Ahad Babaev to Russia (Humanitarian Conference)

''I propose Russian Federation to either join global humanitarian effort or coordinate your private initiative in Africa with ours to achieve maximum efficiency.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-01-02 at 02:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

The NWF

This is Alpha-B reporting to base. We report a satelite moving towards us. This is lilkely some form of plan from the controllers, sir.
    Fire.
    In a flurry of lasers, the USA satelite is turned into so much cosmic junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

USA

"Sir, they launched an attack on our secondary satellite."

"Fine. Destroy the original satellite, along with their ship. We will not allow them to think that a show of force wil cow us. Move our satellites back into defensive formation. We don't want this to escalate. Just to be safe, bring the Charged Particle Cannons online. Those we at least were able to test on the ground.

And get me the location of where those lasers came from!"

The nearest other satellite opens several tubes, and begins launching missiles in the direction of the the original satellite. The missiles pick up speed, and the NWF picks up LOTS of incoming missile contacts heading that way.

NWF
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just recieved word that you have attacked another of our satellites. Explain yourself. We are in the middle of discussions, and you allow such a blatant act of aggression against us.

If you do not immediately halt in your blatant violation of our sovereign rights, we will have no choice but to resort to force to protect our military secrets. We don't want to fight with you, but if you keep pushing we will retaliate with all the force we can muster.

GM-Super Secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should this escalate into full scale war, our primary plan will be to either blast the space station ou of orbit with lasers, or crash a nuclear satellite into it and blow it to kingdom come. Assume that there are satellites moved into place to do that.

11. - Top - End - #221

The NWF

This is Alpha-B, to base. We are under fire. Commencing evasive manuvers, and releasing a cloud of decoys. Iniating laser diverters.
    Ahhh... Damn. Good luck, Alpha-B. Things are going to be just fine. I suspect they are firing on the space station, not you. Fire EMP drones in the flight path, and begin towing the space station out of the fire line. They should be stopped by the decoys, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Drag it into a safe position, and then prepare to move it on my orders.
    Base to Sigma-A instalations. Prepare to return fire. Lock on to targets throughout Australia, prepare to destroy any space stations that look like thet can return fire. Prepare nuclear weapons to knock that godamn astroid out of orbit. If they want war, we will give it to them.

The USA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apologise. Simply, the pilots felt that any attempts to move satelites in our area without a prior discussion with us was likely to be agressive, and our pilots responded with due force. Given the fact that they are now under attack, that concern would seem to be justified. The ships have men aboard. Cease fire and explain. Neither of us want full scale war - next time if you want something, ask.
    Any satellites moving in a hostile way will be attacked, just as you would fire at us if you saw our ships over Brisbane at two in the morning. If you have a non-agressive plan for them, please let us know first, or we will need to assume the worst.
    Last edited by nolispe; 2011-01-07 at 02:56 PM.
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

USA

(Note: Since when have you had access to EMP? It's never been stated. Especially since you haven't stated where it's coming from, and we're above my airspace, which is crawling with my own tech. Also, good luck using nukes on my asteroid. Considering how distant it is, and the fact that it's a planet killer size, and therefore virtually immune to conventional weaponry. Also, where did you get refined uranium for use in nukes? People don't just let you steal that. Lasers are fine, but deciding you have emp and nukes with a faction that seems rather computer dependant seems oxymorinic, since one EMP would likely kill off your entire population in the right spot. Since all the neural implants would fry as a result.)

"Looks like they're intercepting."

"So, they definitely want it. How are the cannons' preliminary chargeups coming?"

"98%. We're ready to fire when ready."

"Alright. Move so that their craft is not in the line of fire. Begin target input."

NWF
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I recall, we warned you to get off our satellite. You refused, and proceeded to hack through our main firewalls. When we began to move another satellite up, you destroyed it without warning, costing us several million dollars. You are now attempting to steal our satellite.

Also, did your pilots bother to check if my second satellite had men aboard? No? Then why should we care if you have almost deliberately thrown away the lives of the invaders you sent at us? It is you who have provoked us, not the other way around. We were perfectly happy to leave you alone, and work out technology and trade deals.

You will move off of it, immediately, and return it to us. Do this, and we will forget this debacle, and return to the negotiation table. Do not, and we will not be responsible for the outcome, or the lives of your people.
    Last edited by Bahumat; 2011-01-07 at 04:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

The NWF
    (Emp is fairly common. I presume I have it in the same way I presume I have access to rifles. However, if you would prefer...)

The USA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fine. What would you prefer we do with the space station?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

USA

(EMP is relatively common. But having a powerful enough EMP to knock out military hardware would be powerful enough to affect a hell of a lot more (like everything else in orbit in that area, including your people). If you had the tech to contain the EMP, then you should state that.

Why a high technology faction would use such a weapon is beyond me, though.)

NWF
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simply, we wish for you to evacuate your invading force off our satellite and leave our airspace so that we may discuss that tech deal you were talking about. Return our satellite, and we can continue those talks.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Global News Update. 1st October 2125

"The space object that was spotted last season has been identified. The object is a space city, owned by an organisation known as the New Way Forward. In response to their discovery, the New Way Forward has responded with several attacks on military and civilian satellites around earth.

The Egyptian Empire and The Islamic Republic are among some of the nations subject to this attack. Both nations have demanded the immediate return of their stolen satellites."

"Canada has finally been united. After months of fighting, the warband known as The Raven Warlords has successfully taken control of all of Canada, and are restoring order as we speak. The Ravens report that they will be following up on their promise to start democratic elections. The leader of the Ravens has stated he will be standing for the election. The elections are scheduled for November."

"After the bribery scandal, officials in the EU have been pushing for a re-election of all seats. The EU have now confirmed they will be holding this election, in December of this year."

"Iranian and Syrian military forces have clashed in the Ilam Province of Iran. The Iranians are calling it a 'planned attack' and have declared a state of war with Syria. The Syrian government denies any claim of an attack, stating simply that it was 'an accident'. The Iranian military is moving forward with their first offensive, tommorow."

"The Mexican liberation army has been met with great success in the field. As of this season, all of Southern American has been liberated. The Mexican and CSA presidents met for a celebratory dinner, last week in Mexico City."

"The nation state of Argentina has begun military actions into Peru. The Argentinian government claim that the Peruvian warlords were refusing to allow them to distribute food to the virus-stricken people of Peru.

The Warlords claim that the Argentinian government was only willing to distribute the food on the condition that they become a part of Argentina."

"The Civil war in Nepal continues. The Loyalist action appears to be failing, with the rebels having far greater numbers. The Nepal government has released a plea to all nations for support in this conflict."

"After a series of successful Triumvirate attacks, the Ant-Bureaucratic front are suffering major economic losses. However, with the bribery scandal a major concern, public opinion of the ABF is beginning to improve."

Regarding the Bribery scandal, the Triumvirate has released a document to all nations, against the claims of their guilt. The document is not proof of innocence, but certainly makes their side seem more credible."

"Emperor Patrick of Austria has released an official statement regarding the assassination of his predecessor. He claims to have found the culprit of the attack, and that he will be taking decisive action against them in the immediate future"

"Now, for our major story."

"A nuclear weapon has been detonated in the Falkland islands. One-thousand people are expected to have died in the initial blast, with hundreds more wounded. The entire island chain is flooded with radiation. Mass evacuation by the Argentinian government is already under-way. The culprit of the attack is unknown."

Japanese speech

Commander Furuta Shinichirô Yasushige of the Japanese Military makes a speech in Tokyo, to a crowd of international reporters.

"Free People of Japan, it is with great sadness that I must report another defeat by our glorious army against the Mongolian swine. But do not fear, while we may lose a battle, we will win the war.

These 'Mongols' claim to fight for liberation, but in their blind hatred they do not see that no one is enslaved. The People of Japan are happy, free and equal. The People of Mongolia are the same. The only people being suppressed are those forced to fight for this false rebellion.

And that is why we will win. We fight for more than petty hatred. We fight for freedom, for our people, for peace.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-01-13 at 03:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Freemasons

To All Nations
    Greetings to the countries of the world. The Freemasons have observed the destruction caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon by an unknown nation on the peoples of Argentina. No clear provocation for this has been observed. What has been clearly observed is that this detonation caused the death of many innocent people.
    While we Freemasons choose to work in shadows and secrecy ourselves, we for one do not use secrecy to cause destruction, but rather to prevent it. The nation responsible for this crime clearly does not. The Freemasons will find who is responsible, and they will be brought to justice.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

United Kingdom
    The United Kingdom offers it's condolences to Argentina, and to the families of those who died in this attack. The UK is prepared to assist Argentina, or indeed the Freemasons, in discovering the culprit, and in bringing them to justice. The United Kingdom would like to take this opportunity to assure Argentina, and the world, that it had no part or knowledge in this barbaric act.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greenland

A television broadcast:

The majestic strains of the Greenlandic national anthem play over beautiful footage of the iconic vökna Hydro-electric power station over Dettifoss waterfalls. It is as clear a symbol of The Unified Economic Nations of Greenland as the Eiffel tower is of France. After a few seconds, the scene fades to an attractive young woman. “Inuugujoq, Hello. My name is Laila Brúsidottir, and I speak to you today on behalf of The Unified Economic Nations of Greenland, Iceland, Finland, Sweden and Norway. For too long, the Greenlandic peoples have not be active enough in the international community. Recent upheavals and events in the world beyond our borders have served to remind us of our duty to our fellow nations. Although our nation is a modern utopia, it is not enough to serve ourselves. We must be philanthropic in our outlook, and extend our hand of friendship to every nation. Peace be with you, and Ajunnginniarna” The young woman fades away to musical accompaniment. Brief scenes are shown, combining Greenland’s natural beauty and resources with its industry and people, giving a sense of the diversity of Greenland, and a great impression that we are proud of our industriousness.

Gibraltar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Addressed personally to the head of espionage / secret service of Gibraltar.
    Dear Sir,
    I write to you on behalf of my nation. In recent years Greenland has been regrettably inwards-focussed, and we have, as a result, been woefully unaware of the actions of the other nations of the world. The development of international espionage to the levels it has achieved today is therefore, a great barrier to us, with inadequate intelligence. I write to you sir, in the hope that our nations can reach a mutually beneficial agreement. Greenland is a prosperous nation, producing oil, petroleum, uranium, metals and minerals, and of course rubies (as represented by the red of our flag). We would like to initiate trade with you – please consider what we can offer you. The service we would be paying for is the sharing any information your spies receive regarding the Triumvirate.
    Your assistance in gaining a foothold in the world of international espionage would be appreciated and rewarded greatly. I look forward to your response.
    Yours Sincerely,

Jaak Stefánsson

CEO of Taama, Cabinet.

Triumvirate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Addressed personally to the head of espionage / secret service of the Triumvirate.
    Dear Sir,
    I write to you on behalf of my nation. In recent years Greenland has been regrettably inwards-focussed, and we have, as a result, been woefully unaware of the actions of the other nations of the world. The development of international espionage to the levels it has achieved today is therefore, a great barrier to us, with inadequate intelligence. I write to you sir, in the hope that our nations can reach a mutually beneficial agreement. Greenland is a prosperous nation, producing oil, petroleum, uranium, metals and minerals, and of course rubies (as represented by the red of our flag). We would like to initiate trade with you – please consider what we can offer you. The service we would be paying for is the sharing any information your spies receive regarding Gibraltar.
    Your assistance in gaining a foothold in the world of international espionage would be appreciated and rewarded greatly. I look forward to your response.
    Yours Sincerely,

Jaak Stefánsson

CEO of Taama, Cabinet.

The Great Fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Addressed personally to the head of espionage / secret service of the Great Fleet.
    Dear Sir,
    I write to you on behalf of my nation. In recent years Greenland has been regrettably inwards-focussed, and we have, as a result, been woefully unaware of the actions of the other nations of the world. The development of international espionage to the levels it has achieved today is therefore, a great barrier to us, with inadequate intelligence. I write to you sir, in the hope that our nations can reach a mutually beneficial agreement. Greenland is a prosperous nation, producing oil, petroleum, uranium, metals and minerals, and of course rubies (as represented by the red of our flag). We would like to initiate trade with you – please consider what we can offer you. The service we would be paying for is the sharing any information your spies receive regarding the Triumvirate.
    Yours Sincerely,

Jaak Stefánsson

CEO of Taama, Cabinet.

NWF
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the President, Chairman or ruler of the New Way Forward.
    I, Kattak Suersaq, Chairman of Greenland, write you this missive personally. I hope that our nation can reach a mutually agreeable solution to the territory conflict that our satellites have been involved in. Prior to your public announcement, Greenland had no apprehension of your presence. I wish it to be known that the launching of communications and military satellites in no way constituted an attack upon you, and we very much regret having inadvertently place our satellites into your sovereign territory. However, although we respect your right to remove our satellites, their loss has caused problems for our nation. Greenland is of course, composed of the territories of Greenland, Iceland, Finland, Sweden and Norway. The distance separating these territories make our satellite communications essential. Having them taken from us has forced us into a technological dark age in communications, in which it is impossible to conduct modern business and administration.
    We understand that the other nations of the world will not recognize the New Way Forward as a nation in its own right, nor its claim on the territory beyond Earth’s atmosphere. Greenland would be proud to be the first to grant you official recognition. This would also involve opening trade discussions, to your benefit, as Greenland has the world’s strongest economy. In return, we would like you to host a minimal number of communications satellites on the edges of your territory to allow Greenlandic communications to continue as before.
    An old Greenlandic saying, Umiatsiaasara pullattagaq nimerussanik ulikkaarpoq, encourages one to seek relationships that are mutually advantageous. I hope that you will allow Greenland the honour of being the first to befriend humanity's newest nation.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Chairman Kattak Suersaq
    Spoiler
    Show

I prepared Explosive Runes this morning
    Sexy Shoeless God of War worshiper
    Proud member of the reformed church of Banjo and the Elan Fan-Club
    Warning: Don't Click this link!!! Don't click it!!

Thanks to Ceika for the fantastic avatar!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Evidence from the Triumvirate
    Spoiler
    Show
    [LIST][*]Financial documents showing the Triumvirate would have made a loss from the bribery.[*]Various documents showing that some of the Inter-law officials involved in the taped conversations were busy doing other things at the supposed time of their recording.

Lesser corruption
    In the media chaos over the supposed bribery of EU officials, a number of other smaller cases of corruption are brought to the international communities attention. Triumvirate officials using their position to steal money from Kazakhstan citizens, racketeering, insurance fraud, bribing the police, and an array of other offences.

Of particular note is Captain Nestor Gerasim, one of the Triumvirate ship Captains involved in the attack on the Indonesian warlords. It seems the Captain was smuggling Indonesian girls out of the liberated towns for... personal use.

CSA to Sanctum
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will let the issue drop. In return, we are sure you would have no problem arguing for a better deal for us in this trade pact.

EA (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small force of helicopters and gunmen, bearing the Japanese flag, have assaulted your Central Arcology. The force gunned their way through to the research labs, where they stole several valuable research documents. With research in hand, they returned to their helicopters, and fled the scene.

You do not know how they knew where your Arcology was, but evidently they do.

EU to EA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. Given your recent actions against the virus, we think it would be appropriate to offer you some sort of reward. As such we would like to discuss a trade agreement with you, to help you bring more money into your nation.

Iran to EA
    Spoiler
    Show
    A trade agreement between our factions would benefit us both, and help us survive this hideous war the Syrians have forced us into, without too many civilian casualties. Are you willing to form some sort of deal?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

United Kingdom

The EU
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the difficulties caused by the virus, we must look to regain the cost of the damages. As such, we would like to propose a mutually beneficial trade agreement between our nations.

The Mediterranean Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the difficulties caused by the virus, we must look to regain the cost of the damages. As such, we would like to propose a mutually beneficial trade agreement between our nations.

Greenland
    Spoiler
    Show

We would also be interested in the exchange of advanced weapons technology for (- economy)

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

EU to UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds most beneficial. We accept.

The Great Fleet strikes again
    Despite pressure from the Great Fleet, the Nepal loyalists have yet to release their supposed hostage. In response, the Great Fleet have struck again. This time, the attack is a naval base, in the Kerala region of India.

The exact result of the battle is unknown. The great fleet appeared to be losing the battle, but the bases communication network fell part-way through. Nepal rebel forces are on-route now to see what happened.

The Great Fleet (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Victory! You suffer moderate losses, but manage to secure the base. The citizens and surviving soldiers are rounded up, and taken prisoner. Your evidence is planted successfully.

Japan to Sanctum
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will gladly accept your leader into our nation for your proposed talks. Perhaps together we can stop these misguided Mongols from disrupting order in the region.

Nepal to Sanctum
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given the civil war currently brewing in our nation, we must ask if you intend to meet with the loyalist, or rebel leaders?

Mexico to Sanctum
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, we accept.

New South Africa to Ahad Babaev of the Humanitarian Conference of Uzbekistan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are right, this does sound like a good opportunity. We will accept your proposal.

Mexico to Ahad Babaev of the Humanitarian Conference of Uzbekistan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make a good point. Your proposal is accepted.

New South Africa To Triumvirate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to hire your mercenaries to help us reclaim the last warlords regions of Africa

Argentina (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A battle update. Your forces sweep into Peru, and begin claiming land. When they realise your threat was real, the warlords form into a coalition, and put up a good fight. But as hard as they try, they can only slow you down.

Your men haven't been able to seize sufficient infrastructure yet, but the people back home are impressed by your actions, and public opinion of your government improves.

You lose - military, and gain - morale.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-01-11 at 06:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

World Broadcast
    Alsandra Winheim announces a tour that will bring her into contact with several sovereign nations. The list of countries and the order that she will meet with them are as follows...

Greater Japan
    Eden Archeologies
    Russian Federation
    Central States of America
    Mexico
    Argentina

Concernining Indonesia
    The Russian Federation and Sanctum have signed an accord to have Triumverate leave Indonesia and Korea while Greater Japan and USA should be signing it soon. In light of news of child smuggling, it is time the Triumverate made good its promise to leave.

Nepal-GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Had you accepted our help earlier, we would have been able to commit more resources. However, our hands are more tied than they were. We can however provide you with some personnel that could deal with some of your would-be usurpers. The Great Fleet may have free reign to attack your coasts, but so long as your mainland is secure, you should be able to ride out the storm.

EDIT: Of course, we will be meeting with the Loyalists.

Greater Japan-GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alsandra arrives in Greater Japan. OOC: To save time, and let me RP with the players' nations on my list, here are the things she will discuss. 1. Making sure Greater Japan signs the accord to have Triumverate abandon Indonesia and Korea. 2. Sign a military pact with Sanctum in the hopes the the Western Pacific powers follow suit. 3. Add their voice in support of trade across the Pacific Ocean. 4. Inquire the status of the Mongolian Rebellion. 5. Get a general feel of their leadership and what they think of her.

(She has two of her 'special agents' acting as bodyguard.)
    Last edited by daelrog; 2011-01-11 at 07:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

The Great Fleet

And the shaky cam is back. This time its the deck of an aircraft carrier. There is still signs of blood and damage from the recent battle. The camera pulls over to a long line of prisoners. It goes up to the face of one, a young man with a bloody bandage covering his eyes.What's your name and rank?! The gruff voice of Captain Gwen demands from offscreen. I am Corperal Abheek. Do you want to die Corperal?
    I'm fully prepared to die for my country.
    Oh? Why is that?
    You basterds killed my faimly in your last attack. Every member of our nation should be prepared to die in order to stop you and those traitors.
    You're quite the brave man, lets see if your country values you as much as you value it. And how about you? Are you prepared to die? The camera flashs over to the next prisoner in line; a young women with no signs of injury.
    N-n-no, I want to live.
    and what was your job and what is your name?
    M-my name is Bala and I was a seceratary for the commander of the base.
    And why do you want to live so badly?
    I need to take care of my son and I want to see my parents again. By this time Bala is sobbing Please I don't want to die.
    And we don't want to kill you. How about you sir? Do you want to live or die? The camera flashes to the next person in line who gives a short blurb saying who he is and why he wants to live. Every person in the line is interviewed over the next few hours. Many are injuried and only the captured military personal are able to keep tears from their face.

Afterwards the camera shifts around and focuses on the face of Captain Gwen. Once more I call upon the goverment of Nepal to return my missing civilian. You did not negotiate before and have payed for it. These people are all loyal to your nation and have lives of their own, and dreams they wish to achive. Will you callously sacrifice more of your people by refusing to contact us to return our civilian?

Do not try to save these people by force. We will not hesitate to execute them. If you think that we're bluffing you not only are incompatent but are fools as well. Your military has proven to be ineffective in stopping us and we will continue our attacks until our demands have been satisfied!

To the rebel forces and the rest of the world. If any of your forces come across our missing civilian than we will gladly work with the international community to restore peace to Nepal alongside your forces.

To Greenland
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will sell you information on the Triumvirate in return for fuel, oil, and underwater tools.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-01-11 at 08:02 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Russian Federation to Greenland (NOTE: Current Defensive Espionage Rating: ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As according to our earlier message, we would be interested in selling you the designs for advanced cargo airships. They are faster than naval ships and much better protected, especially against the current threat of piracy in international waters. They can easily carry as much if not more as traditional merchant fleets, and in a fraction of the time, with less costs involved in having to store, for example, foodstuff without it spoiling.

I believe if you have paid attention to the efforts to combat the crops-killing virus you will have seen their effectiveness. We think they would suit your nation well, seeing the distances affecting your trade.

We will provide you with their designs as well as designs for their main form of defense, light anti-air gunships carried onboard, for either (+ Econ) or (- Econ) now and another (- Econ) during the two following turns.

Other than that, we would like to open trade negotiations with your nation. Even if you do not purchase the designs, we can use our own fleets to transport goods faster and cheaper than any of our competitors world-wide. We're both major producers of raw materials, but Russia has plenty of industrial goods and luxuries and you possess great quantities of things we do not have, such as certain precious minerals and stones, machinery adapted to arctic conditions and of course your own brands of luxury items. I am sure we could arrange for a mutually beneficial taxing and import/export solution for these.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

GM-Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even before the Nepalese government asks permission, my 'special agents' will be trying to uncover what the mystery is behind this captured civilian, as well as execute any rebel leader of importance after questioned if they are given the opportunity for either.

Great Fleet (and rest of world)
    Do not wipe your hands free of guilt. For one citizen who is as of yet unnamed, you would execute civilians and soldiers, a gross violation of all that is decent. Should you murder any more citizens of Nepal who do not fight back, and Sanctum will hold the Great Fleet and rebel forces trying to usurp the rightful authorities at fault.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Nepal Assassination
    Kumari Lilavati, leader of the Vaishnavist Hindu church of Nepal has been assassinated. The Vaishnavists are currently part of the rebel faction in Nepal. The new leader of the Vaishnavists reports they will be continuing to support the rebels, though it is obvious that she lacks the fervour of her predecessor.

Sanctum - Greater Japan (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Understandable.

1. Japan signs the accord
    2. Japan signs the military pact
    3. Japan adds their voice in support of trade across the pacific
    4. The Mongolian rebellion is not going well. Japan has greater resources and manpower, but they fear other nations are secretly funnelling supplies to the rebels.

5. The Japanese leadership maintain an air of rightness; they speak and act as if they only trying to help their people. But given enough time, one starts to get the feeling that it is somewhat of a façade.

On Alsandra, the Japanese are mostly apathetic. Whereas some people are offended by her genetic modification, the Japanese seem more jealous than anything.

Sanctum - Nepal (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Nepal leaders thank you for any help you can offer.

After some investigation, you find that the hostage held by the Nepal government is Jessica Cyclin herself. (One of the Great Fleet's VIP's. Heres what Forum Explorer wrote about her:

'Captain Gwen's fiercest rival and captain of the submarine Black Knife. Infamous for her inflitration abilities, the greatest being the poisoning of an entire crew over the span of a week. She is also one of the few captains to control multiple ships with proxy captains. Recently she has managed to replace the captains of all other underwater vehicles in the Fleet with her supporters.'

Nepal was planning to capture several other captains, to cripple the Great Fleet, so it would have to stop raiding their shores.

The questioning of Kumari Lilavati doesn't reveal much you don't already know. The Vaishnavists support the rebels because they believe these attacks by the Great Fleet were caused solely by the loyalists actions.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

Greater Japan-GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the thank yous and formalities are followed as Alsandra leaves.

USA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sanctum, the Russian Federation, and now Greater Japan have signed the Accord to ask the Triumverate to leave Korea and Indonesia. This leaves you as the only non-Warlord power left in the region.

Nepal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your consent. We have discovered that the supposed missing person is Captai nGwen of the Black Knife, sheddign some light as to why the Great Fleet would go so far. Our investigation has also found that she was captured by your government and there were plans to do so to other prominant Captains. Here are the options we would reccommend.
    1) If you have her, turn her over. This is not the time and place to deal with the Great Fleet
    2) If you are unaware of her presence, that is only a minor faction is responsible, pull your resources into finding her
    3) If she is not in Nepal, and somewhere else safer while Nepal is falling apart, ask for the neighboring countries.
    4) Consider changing the top of your leadership to stall the Great Fleet. Of course, we suggest if you go this path, make sure those who replace are trusted and loyal
    GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to take a closer look at this Shadahah group a little.

Eden Archeologies
    Alsandra arrives in the Himilayas to meet with Eden leaders.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

The Great Fleet

Another broadcast is sent from the Great Fleet. Unlike the last it does not orginate from the Audacity or even the same ocean. Its also much more professional with clear picture, good sound, and even multiple camera angles. It shows the inside of a yauht, specifically its ballroom. However its filled with dark blue robed figures sitting down in prayer as a large figure covered in a similar robe but with gold trim preaches at them and the audiance from stage.

Bow down blessed brothers of the faith and reflect upon the truth of the mystery that you have learned. Remember the sacred rules of our Faith! The ocean is the source of all life and inherintly holy! But those who dwell on land have forgotten this fact. Its up to us, her holy few, to protect and sheperd the creatures of the sea from those who would abuse and seek the destruction of the ocean! And in return the ocean shall embrace us and we shall become one with its glory! Us of the Great Fleet reconize that true humans were not meant to live on land but to return to the sea. Those on land were cast out for being unworthy of its majesty!

They travel across the ocean with their filthy ships, killing and raping the ocean's natrual resources. Recources meant for the worthy! They dump their oil and waste into the sea in their hatred of the pure seeking to corrupt us with their filth! And when we act to protect the holy ocean they call us anarchists and pirates! We are merely collecting the intrest owed by humanity. And finally some are getting the message. Russia has developed wonderous new Airships to avoid transgressing, the Eden Archologies have burrowed under the Earth and built their homes their, and the New Way Forward have built a fine home for themselves in orbit! These people should be seen as heroes for understanding that the ocean is a place to be left to her holy ones!

Similarly other land dwellers may be redeemed. I call out to them now. Come join the Great Fleet and cast off your troubles and live the way that humanity was meant to live! Free yourself from your corrupt goverments who care not for the lives of their people! Free yourself from the prejudice of your neighbors who would bring you down so they don't have to try and achive anything of worth! Free yourself and join the Holy Church of Aqua! Break free of the shakles of society and become your true self!

With that the broadcast ends.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    A new VIP is here! Description in nation description will be up shortly.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

United Kingdom
    The British government issues a statement, urging Iran to seek a diplomatic way to resolve any dispute with Syria. It condemns the declaration of war, and notes that the idea that Syria would attack Iran is farcical, given their relative military strength. The UK is prepared to issue economic sanctions, and urges other nations to do the same.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Eden Arcologies

Sanctum (In person)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alsandra arrives at the agreed upon coordinates to find a rather unusual sight. Within the isolated mountain valley, there is no sign of large scale construction, or industrialization of any kind. Indeed, it is hauntingly idyllic, its frozen contours giving the impression that a sculptor created it, rather than nature. Set up on the valley floor was an incredibly advanced tent, next to which was one of the Arcology's gleaming black hovercraft.

As Alsandra's transport touched down, an impeccably dressed Arcology aide walked to meet it, giving a slight bow to the Goddess-President as she disembarked.

"If you'd please follow me, madame president."

Alsandra was led inside the tent, to where a gleaming silver table sat with two chairs. In one sat Gianna Weiss, who stood as she saw Alsandra, extending her hand.

"Madame President, a pleasure. I am Gianna Weiss, leader of Eden Arcologies. Please, sit."

As both women sat, the aide emerged as if from nowhere, a platter carrying a pitcher of water and two glasses in hands. Putting it down, she exited.

"Madame President, the Arcologies feel that an alliance between our two nations could have immense benefits to both our peoples. We both wish to see the influence of the Triumvirate reduced, and the Great Fleet brought to justice, and it is our opinion that these goals would be much sooner in coming if we worked together."

To EU
    Spoiler
    Show

We would of course be interested in entering into a trade agreement with the EU. With your permission, we could establish a surface Arcology in France and begin supplying you with a variety of precious minerals and technical services. Implicit in this of course is that the EU acknowledge our right to sovereign territory once we inform you of our Arcology locations. We can provide the deeds to the tacks we occupy, if that is an issue.

To Iran
    Spoiler
    Show

We are reticent to engage in trade talks under the specter of war. However, as the Syrian government has not denied breaching your territory, and given the tumultuous relationship between your nations, we believe you are in the right. We would be interested in erecting a surface Arcology for trade in the region of your choice, once you recognize us as a sovereign state of course.

To Mediterranean Federation
    Spoiler
    Show

We apologize for not responding sooner. The stress of the relief effort held all of our attention for a time. However, we would be most interested in aiding you in your terraforming efforts and in a trade relationship.

To Russia
    Spoiler
    Show

We have reason to believe that a recent attack perpetrated against us was carried out by the Mongolian Liberation Front. We would ask that you join us in condemning them.

To Nepal Loyalists
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. We are grieved that your stand against the anarchy of the Great Fleet has led to war, and would like to provide what assistance we can. We have no armies, but our research facilities are second to none, as is our technical expertise.