New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ITP- Battle for Alarra

I figured that since there's no proof I am who I'm claiming to be (switching Seer/Fools) my life's best spent supporting a (possible) Seer/Fool to stay alive. After all, there's plenty of targets for the wolves, and no real reason to kill me.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Given the circumstances, you've just prevented wolves from making a mistake of claiming themselves at which point then your claiming would have actually been useful. So basically all you've done now is stopped the wolves from slipping up if both seer claims are true, gave the wolves one more target if you're with the village and tried to set yourself up to look trustworthy by saying a seer had correctly scried you which is what I'd expect a wolf to do.

With your history and the facts that IP has been voided 2 nights in a row, I just can't trust you especially in a game where neither of the seers could ever be sure if their scries are right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

I'm getting a bit suspicious of you here. You're just drawing logical-sounding nonsense out of thin air to sound like you'd be on the village's side while trying to cast doubt.

Wolves would never claim in such a situation. Ever. It's like saying I prevented the wolf team from coming out on day one and shouting 'hey we're the wolves guys' - I've done nothing of the sort and they'd never do that anyway.

I'm always a target for the wolves - by claiming(which I haven't done, by the way, just supported IP's claim) okay, heavily implying a villager, I've lessened my value as their target if they haven't scried me yet. This would technically slightly increase the chances of another un-outed powerrole being hit by a random kill but that's negligible.

And I've repeatedly and pointedly made clear that because of the Seer/Fool mechanics of this game, I am not trustworthy, especially since I haven't even told any of you my role. I just figured that it's best for the baner to be aware of the fact and protect the Seer/Fool instead of a proxy.

IP has been voided two nights in a row. IP has been in contact with me for what, five nights in a row? There's a distinct lack of correlation here.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

........Matt K, I guess. Seer days are boring.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm getting a bit suspicious of you here. You're just drawing logical-sounding nonsense out of thin air to sound like you'd be on the village's side while trying to cast doubt.

Wolves would never claim in such a situation. Ever. It's like saying I prevented the wolf team from coming out on day one and shouting 'hey we're the wolves guys' - I've done nothing of the sort and they'd never do that anyway.
    And if IP had any sense at all, he shouldn't have claimed in public in the first place unless he had reason to believe Lady Tialait is lying. Once he claimed there was 2 target and still manageable since there is a careless baner out there too. Now if you're indeed innocent, by claiming all you've done is thrown in another name that potentially needs protecting which makes the baner's choice harder than it has to be.
    It was never about whether the wolves may or may not have claimed which is never certain unlike what you say. Your claim and IP's were both unnecessary and does prevent the wolves from making a mistake if they were thinking about it.

I'm always a target for the wolves - by claiming(which I haven't done, by the way, just supported IP's claim) okay, heavily implying a villager, I've lessened my value as their target if they haven't scried me yet. This would technically slightly increase the chances of another un-outed powerrole being hit by a random kill but that's negligible.
    By supporting IP's claim, you are virtually claiming that you ain't a wolf and almost certainly a villager. You didn't need to outright say it so stop going into a technicality when the intent is there. Apart from what you just said if you were a villager, you've also provided yourself with the perfect excuse if you continue living if you're a wolf which is why I'm pointing at you.

And I've repeatedly and pointedly made clear that because of the Seer/Fool mechanics of this game, I am not trustworthy, especially since I haven't even told any of you my role. I just figured that it's best for the baner to be aware of the fact and protect the Seer/Fool instead of a proxy.
    If you call saying you're not trustworthy the post after I pointed at you as repeatedly and pointedly then we have very different meanings for that term.
    Are you trying to say that Lady Tialait is a proxy? Like I said before, IP shouldn't have claimed in the first place and you backing him up when there was no need to do so doesn't help the situation at all and the only person I see potentially benefiting from it is you or the wolves.

IP has been voided two nights in a row. IP has been in contact with me for what, five nights in a row? There's a distinct lack of correlation here.
    And if you were a wolf and you decided with your teammates after he contacted you that you're going to use him instead of kill him, would you wait a night or two or would you void him immediately?

I'm speaking out today because there's pretty much no chance of anyone else been lynched today. It's a good chance for us to discuss the situation and put out who we think could potentially be wolves because of their actions or their votes without the distraction of having to also decide who to lynch immediately.

All I'm asking for is for people to look at things logically and make up their own minds about the situation and not just blindly follow bandwagons or just point without a direction. If Matt does in fact turn out to be the killer, it'll leave us in a situation of 11-12 villagers against 6-7 wolves and virtually no room for error if we want to win this which means we can't just all just take the back seat and hope someone else do the work for us.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

6. - Top - End - #276

Haruki to make it less boring
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

If I was a wolf, and a Seer/Fool trusted me, I'd never void him/her. That just gives him/her warning that the wolves know him, while stopping him from scrying, which is exactly what the wolves want him to provide.

If I wanted him gone, I'd kill him, simple as that. Now, two voids in a row is pretty good indication that the wolves know who IP is. With the Baner target 100% on Tialait, who's probably a proxy (Seer has plenty of innocents proven by now, she even said she did), IP'd be as good as dead tonight without the claim. So yeah, it was worth one. And no, there should be no protecting me because any attacks on me are a complete waste - I don't have much of a powerrole.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

If I can interject on Murskas behalf I contacted him Night One. Both Night One and Two, a random Playgrounder was killed. Why kill them when you can have a go at the Seer?

Also, I did worry about whether to claim, given Tialaits claim, but I have the feeling that if I didn't claim, I would certainly die. Now who the wolves kill/villagers bane is up in the air, so there is a chance it would be favourable to us.

(If I didn't claim, I have the feeling Baner would bane Tialait, I would get night-killed.)
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-01-31 at 02:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279

You claimed in public, that's the problem - you could have just passed the information on to Tialait via PM and hope she's in contact with the baner or will be in contact if she's telling the truth.

Even then, there's 2 baners alive last I checked and even though one of them is a neutral, they lose nothing by helping the villagers since they can't bane themselves anyways.

It was entirely unnecessary to come out in public until you were sure that there was no way you would be baned which would only happen if the baner never gets into contact with Tialait. Basically, you've just made things alot harder for the villagers if you're telling the truth unless the neutral baner cooperates and Murska muddied the water even more with his confirmation when there was absolutely no need to.

The there's also the fact that for all I know, the wolves may have scried the baner and this is all just a ploy to make sure he ain't protecting himself.

Basically, coming out in public like that should always have been the last resort when you've exhausted all other options but you outed yourself when other options were still available.

Murska: Tialait may be a proxy but there's only been 5 nights. With uncertainty of scries combined with the potential of scry targets getting killed, I'd say there'd be just as good a chance that Tialait really is the seer.
    As for you claiming IP would definately be dead, see what I said above.

Regarding IP only getting voided rather than killed, I can definately see you doing exacty that in this sort of game since with the changes to who's the seer and who's the fool neither seer/fool can trust any of their results especially since Lex never mentioned how she'll dictate the swaps and as such it doesn't really hurt the wolves at all to keep one alive if they can lead the seer/fool around with suggestions.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-01-31 at 02:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

While I considered contacting Tialait, I had no reason to believe the claim is true, and I'd rather not put my life entirely in an unknowns hands.

I have reason to believe the wolves know my role, what harm is it if the villagers now know it too?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I know both baners, one is baneing me, and the other is baneing the other baner. So, there is a chain there.

I am not worried about getting night killed. I really don't want to leave the baner open to night kill at the moment, but yeah, IP you really did put me in a spot here.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Psycho View Post
    While I considered contacting Tialait, I had no reason to believe the claim is true, and I'd rather not put my life entirely in an unknowns hands.

I have reason to believe the wolves know my role, what harm is it if the villagers now know it too?
    If Tialait was a wolf, then you'd lose nothing since like you said, you believed the wolves already know. By coming out, you've made it tough for the baner to decide who to bane.

On the other hand, if you had contacted Tialait first and she was in contact with the baner, there'd be a good chance that you would have been baned and the wolves might have wasted a kill if they really did know you were seer - given the choice between an outed seer and one they think noone knows about, I'd definately have attacked you if I was a wolf.

Basically I think you came out way too early. Should have at least waited until the day phase ended to see what Matt K actually is. If he's a wolf. Tialait is probably telling the truth and you could trust her but if Matt turned out to be innocent, you could have come out then since at that point you have reason to doubt whether you should put trust in Tialait.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-01-31 at 03:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Why would Tialait have believed IP?

I mean, if I was an outed Seer and knew a single (trustworthy) Baner, I'd not tell him to bane a person who contacted me claiming to be another Seer and known by the wolves without a shred of evidence.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Yeah, that all works out. But the thing is, at the moment we have me who knows two baners, both are trustworthy (enough....kinda...) and IP has outed himself with me.

The wolves are going to swarm, and try to kill both me and IP, however the baners are going to protect me and eachother. We are hoping this is going to work out.

Yes, I am outing the plan, I have nothing to lose at this point. Basically the baners are stuck protecting me and each other till the end of the tame. IP has make it so he is going to die this night phase. It's kinda sad. If my scries are wrong, then this game will be over soon. As we will lose the villagers killer and one of the scriers.

So, that leaves the hope that Matt K is a wolf, and that the wolves do not go after IP because they don't trust this post.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

15. - Top - End - #285

Why would Tialait have believed IP?

I mean, if I was an outed Seer and knew a single (trustworthy) Baner, I'd not tell him to bane a person who contacted me claiming to be another Seer and known by the wolves without a shred of evidence.
    Tialait knows 2 baners. One might not be "trustworthy" but he's got no real reason to backstab team good. If IP was the only seer to have contacted Tialait, she'd have little reason to trust him especially if Matt K is a wolf and no other "seer" contacts her.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground

Checking on the timing....yep, day ends I believe. One sec as I write up a scene....
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default A very musical day's ending....

[Music = Here It Goes Again by Ok GO]
    It could be him,
    but then again,
    I can't remember who's the fool
    and who is the seer.
    Throw on your guesses,
    we'll clean up the messes,
    and you lynch him
    kick him far way from here.

Just when you think that you're in control,
    just when you think that you've got a hold,
    just when you get on a roll,
    Here we vote,
    here we vote,
    here we vote again.
    Oh, here we vote again.
    You should have known,
    should have known,
    should have known again,
    but here we vote again.
    Oh, here we vote again.

It starts out easy,
    something simple, something sleazy,
    something inching
    past the edge of the reserve.
    Now through fingers
    the stench it lingers
    your car is pulling
    off of the curb.

Here we vote,
    here we vote,
    here we vote again.
    Oh, here we vote again.
    You should have known,
    should have known,
    should have known again,
    but here we vote again.
    Oh, here we vote again.

I guess there's got to be
    a break in the monotony,
    but Jesus, when it rains
    how it pours.
    Throw on your guesses,
    we'll clean up the messes,
    and we'll lynch him
    Yeah we'll lynch

Here we vote,
    here we vote,
    here we vote again.
    Oh, here we vote again.
    You should have known,
    should have known,
    should have known again,
    but here we vote again.
    Oh, here we vote again.
    [/music]

And now ladies and gentlemen, a guest performance by.....

Neil Diamond!
    [Music America by Neil Diamond]
    Far
    We've come along so far
    We lost pudding troll
    And now we've lost Alarra

Free
    Only want to be free
    Away from the real life
    Hang on to a dream

On the webs and on forums
    Who took her from our playground?
    Never looking back again

Home, sit at my desk today
    Oh, surfing the web today
    In the light of my room
    In the light of my room

Surf, to a new and a shiny place
    Roll our dice, and then grab my mace,
    We'll stop them from taking us
    We'll stop them from taking us

Alarra helped us to this world
    Every thread that we unfurl

Got a dream we'd like to share
    Where's Alarra to protect us there

Matt K!
    Matt K!
    Matt K!
    Matt K!
    Matt K!

The playground we are free
    Matt K!
    Who took her literally?
    Matt K!
    Of thee I sing
    Matt K!
    Of thee I sing
    Matt K!

Matt K!
    Matt K!

[/music]

Frenzied by the lyrics of Neil Diamond, the playgrounders gather up and grab Matt K

You may take our Mod, but you'll never take
    OUR FREEDOM!

And with that, they hand him over to Zeb the Troll.

Matt K! Let the punishment fit the crime. You are hereby BANNED* from the game. Let your real life heresy take you back there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Matt K. was lynched. He was the Doctor! (Who?) and a member of team Real Life.

*By banned, I mean simply removed from the game. You of course are welcome to ghost in the thread and as always, are welcome at any other place in the playground to share your views and opinions.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2011-01-31 at 01:19 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Missed 1 Day
    Orzel

Missed 2 Day
    Korias

Night 6 Begins
    It lasts for 24 hours.
    Please Send all Night Actions to Lex-kat & Supagoof. Thank you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

And the wolves will now waste their kills on me.

20. - Top - End - #290

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

"Whoo! High-five!" cheers Fullbladder, high-fiving his alternate future self from beyond time and space as you understand it.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Matt K
    Guest in the Playground

Well that was fun. No hard feeling since it turns out I was the Doctor.

Good luck to my remaining real worlders and their fight to bring Alarra's corpse into the real world.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    Well that was fun. No hard feeling since it turns out I was the Doctor.

Good luck to my remaining real worlders and their fight to bring Alarra's corpse into the real world.
    Sorry Mattie, you had to die. Alarra must not be lost to the playground!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Night 6

Ramsus ran into his room, tossing his math books onto his bed. Real Life had been trying to keep him from the Playground, but he wouldn't let it.

He logged in, and checked on his favorite Werewolf game still going, ItP- Battle for Alarra.

As he read the latest night narration, he had a spooky feeling he was being watched. How was Lexie seeing what...

Hey!!! Stop that!! he shouted, even as he read the narration say that he was...

Knock it off, Lexie! He growled, feeling weirded out by the narration.

He heard a giggling noise coming from under his desk, and quickly ducked under it to catch the mischievous pixie. But she wasn't there.

He sat back up and was surprised by the next part of the narration.

This Playgrounder protected by Zeb the Troll.

Elsewhere, the Professor was about to give Ramsus a failing grade on his math homework. But for some unexplained reason, wrote A, instead of F, and then continued on grading papers.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ramsus was Baned.

Missed 1 Day
    Orzel

Missed 2 Day
    Korias

Day 7 Begins
    It lasts for 48 hours.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-02 at 02:05 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

....why do I get the feeling I was just used as bait?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Zeb the Troll is a cool dude that doesn't afraid of anything.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2011-02-02 at 04:15 AM. Reason: I love being awesome. Keel me Wolves, bring it! You are fail!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems we don't have a seer target today. Korias

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Um....I dunno Um.....Alarra? Just a random point.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll go with gray mage

If Korias misses todays vote he'll auto anyway and I don't like autolynch much. If he posts I'll have a proper think on it.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

korias works for me if he doesnt post
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #300

I'll go with Alarra purely because lynching someone who's going to get autoed is pointless and doesn't tell us much at all.
    Of course, if he miraculously reappears, that'd be a different matter.
    Spoiler
    Show