New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: ITP- Battle for Alarra

done..crossed out....switched...whatever you wanna call it
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks, now we just need either mangosta, Orzel or cd4 to switch to Tialait and things should be perfect unless I screwed up a calculation somewhere
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #393

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Well that serves me right. I forgot I had already pointed.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Well that serves me right. I forgot I had already pointed.
    Betrayer of all Hope...a pox upon thee!

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Day ends. Narration soon.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #396

You have no idea how fun it is to hear you curse at me. Just call me the Prince of Hope, man.

Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2011-02-07 at 08:39 PM.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Fullbladder's awesome.

7. - Top - End - #397

If I was to pick who I think were wolves at the point my list would go something like this if we exclude Tialait:
    Mangosta71
    Tasroth
    Qwaz

I'm still on the fence about otakuryoga and I'd really like the narrator to confirm whether or not wolves were allowed to attack themselves since Ramsus is still bugging me due mainly to my paranoia.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion based on gut feeling as much as any solid evidence. I'm putting it out there since I don't believe I will live to see another day
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-02-07 at 09:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*waits for the narration of a playgrounder getting banned.*

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

@^ You Ninja'd my narration.

Day 8

There was a heated debate going on. Without the Seers, everyone was trying to figure out who was a Real Lifer. Fingers were pointed, voices were raising.

Tialait is a wolf! cried Fleeing Coward, pointing accusingly at her. The neutral seers get one hundred percent scries.

I am not! she shouts back. And that's Lady Tialait.

Not from where I'm standing.

Well, I think we should go after Zanshin, he's a Parent. Gray Mage told me so.

What?! Wait a minute, if Zanshin was a wolf, why didn't you say so yesterday? We could have saved Gray Mage. Qwaz glares at Lady Tialait.

Oh. Lady Tialait backs up, twiddling her thumbs, thinking. Well, I didn't think....

She's lying again!! Get her! someone in the crowd yelled.

Wait, what about Zanshin!? Lady Tialait cried out, hoping to persuade the crowd to see things her way.

It's probably just another wolfish lie.

And although a few listened and tried to lynch Zanshin, the majority of the crowd chased after Lady Tialait.

Luckily, she knew where to go, and headed for the FFRP forums. She ran into the current Outside thread. There she found a huge woodland, where she would be protected from harm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lady Tialait is hiding in a Woodland in Outside. She was a Playgrounder.

Missed 1 Day
    Haruki-Kun
    Zanshin

Missed 2 Day
    Atreyu

Night 8 Begins
    It lasts for 24 hours.
    Please Send all Night Actions to Lex-kat & Supagoof. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-07 at 10:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400

I'm going to double and triple check first but I think we've just found the professor.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, I agree 100% with Qwaz.

*Returns to the grave real world*
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-02-07 at 10:50 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

12. - Top - End - #402

OK, time to out the Professor:

Yesterday
    Voted for Korias:
    Gray Mage
    Qwaz
    Otakuryoga
    Haruki
    IP
    Zanshin
    Ramsus
    Szilard

Voted for Gray Mage:
    Alarra
    cd4
    Murska
    Orzel
    mangosta71

Today
    Voted for Zanshin:
    cd4
    Ramsus
    Orzel
    Lady Tialait
    Tasroth
    otakuryoga
    Fleeing Coward
    mangosta71

Voted for Tialait:
    Murska
    Lord Fullbladder
    Eldritch Knight
    Szilard
    Alarra
    Qwaz

Yesterday, without taking into account powers, Korias should have been lynched as he had 3 votes more than Gray Mage. As both "Lex" and "The Professor" votes only count for 3, both of them needed to be on the Gray Mage wagon.

That means the only people that could be "The Professor" or "Lex" are:
    Alarra
    cd4
    Murska
    Orzel
    mangosta71

Today, without taking into account powers, Zanshin should have been lynched as he had 2 more votes however Tialait got lynched. The only way that is possible is if both "The Professor" and "Lex" were on her bandwagon as otherwise, they'd cancel each other out.

Of the five that could have been "The Professor" or "Lex", only Murska and Alarra were on Tialait's bandwagon. That means Murska and Alarra are "Lex" and "The Professor". As IP trusted Murska, I have to assume that he scried Murska day 1 as "Lex" and I'm going to take on face value Murska's claim to me that he's actually "Lex".

That means Alarra must be "The Professor" and has been trying to take herself away from the playground the whole time!
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-02-07 at 11:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403

Dun dun DUUUNNN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.

14. - Top - End - #404

OK, my belief is that Alarra would choose a mix of older and newer players in her team which combined with the survival of Eldritch Knight puts him as number 3 on my list of wolves behind Zanshin (Beast? Can Ramsus please confirm if this is the case?) and Alarra.

For everything else I'm going to take time to create a spreadsheet and see how things have turned out before I comment further although I have my suspicions.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405

(just an apology for missing the days. I just got back from a weekend retreat.)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Today, without taking into account powers, Zanshin should have been lynched as he had 2 more votes however Tialait got lynched. The only way that is possible is if both "The Professor" and "Lex" were on her bandwagon as otherwise, they'd cancel each other out.

Of the five that could have been "The Professor" or "Lex", only Murska and Alarra were on Tialait's bandwagon. That means Murska and Alarra are "Lex" and "The Professor". As IP trusted Murska, I have to assume that he scried Murska day 1 as "Lex" and I'm going to take on face value Murska's claim to me that he's actually "Lex".

That means Alarra must be "The Professor" and has been trying to take herself away from the playground the whole time!
    Huh, that's really interesting analysis. I don't have time to go back and check your numbers today, if someone else would, that would be great. Because something you did there must be wrong because I'm not the professor or lex.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Gray Mage indeed said that Zanshin scried as one of the Parents.

FC there's one possible oversight in your plan. If "Lex" was on both of those winning bandwagons and that was the first one to the tie amount then those people still would have died. However this would require that the Professor wasn't on the opposing side. However if the Professor simply didn't vote that would have worked too. Now we just have a list of people who can't be the Professor or Lex and a list of people who could. Murska or Alarra have to be Lex and I'd agree with you that it's probably Murska. This doesn't however prove that Alarra is the Professor. She still could be of course and even if she isn't she could be a wolf.

Anyway as being the um....a proxy for a dead seer who got baned (I'm assuming either LT or Gray Mage was in contact with the baner but I'm not sure how the baner knew I was going to be a target that night but yay I guess) and was correct about LT being a playgrounder I'll urge the Killer to kill Alarra (just to be safe) and then people who didn't vote one of those days. As for the baner protecting Murska since FC outed him would probably be a good plan.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-02-08 at 01:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408

I stand by my numbers.

Korias was leading by 3 and "Lex" or "The Professor" alone would only reduce the margin by 2 so both of them had to have been on the bandwagon against Gray Mage yesterday for Gray Mage to be lynched. I've checked the numbers several times when Gray Mage got lynched and a couple more times before I posted just to be 100% certain.

Unless Lex made a mistake with her counts, my numbers are right as all 5 people who voted for Gray Mage yesterday also voted today so there's no possibility that "The Professor" simply didn't vote.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Admittedly math is not something I am spectacular at.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Lex, can you please check and make sure that there was no narrator error then? Looking at your math, FC, it looks good....but something is wrong because I am neither of those roles. I mean, you can go ahead and lynch me tomorrow if you want to, but it won't help you win the game. Not that my word usually means much in these games, but I swear to you all that I am telling the truth when I say that I am not the professor or Lex.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Night 8

Roland St. Jude stepped into the street of the a long unused thread. He'd tracked an unwelcomed intruder, intent upon disrupting the Playground.

He looked around carefully, trying to see where he was hiding, when he saw the dull red rust color hiding behind the small red face smiley. Step out, Zanshin. You have no where to run.

The HK-47 robot stepped out, holding his gun aimed directly at the long time protector of the playground. You'll never take me alive, Mod! He immediately began firing his heavy laser cannon at the Sheriff of Modingham.

Roland dove quickly to one side, pulling out his two Modified revolvers. As he floated through the air, Matrix-style, he began firing back. The bullets exploded out of the barrels and flew with incredible accuracy at the robot.

BOOM! BOOM! Two bullets struck the robot and flung him out of the thread, mechanical scream could be heard throughout the forum.

An unlucky Playgrounder who was looking through the archives happened to find Roland laying wounded in the thread. One of the laser bolts had struck him.

Orzel ran over to Roland, pulling his famous hat back. Roland! Are you okay? What happened? But as he pulled back the hat, he saw that it wasn't Roland at all.

As Orzel started to help him up, Mangosta saw a shadow approach from behind Orzel. He reached out a hand and tried to pull the playgrounder out of harms way, but was too weak.

Orzel was grabbed from behind, and Mangosta could do nothing but watch helplessly as he was dragged into the Real Life.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zanshin is falling, perhaps forever, in the forums. He was a Parent (Beast).
    Mangosta has fallen unconscious in a unused thread. He was Roland St. Jude (Killer).
    Orzel was taken by the Real Lifers. He was a Playgrounder.

Missed 1 Day
    Haruki-Kun

Missed 2 Day
    Atreyu

Day 9 Begins
    It lasts for 48 hours.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: ITP- Battle for "Alarra

Nooo! Not real life, food cost money there and there are no baked goods made by pixiiiiiiiesssss...
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* That is exactly what I didn't want to happen. Town side really could have used the Killer, we could have easily sacrificed a random playground or even gotten a wolf trying to blend into the crowd killed by the beast.

Guess I'll vote Alarra unless anyone can figure out how exactly the maths would say she isn't the Prof.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Oops. I forgot that the parents were beasts.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

There's no way Alarra isn't the Professor. I even double-checked the maths myself.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Math says Alarra? Must be Alarra.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Well the maths says that two people are lex and the professor. As Alarra denies being either she must be the wolf role and therefore the professor. The only thing I am wondering is whether Lex gave her this role randomly or not?

28. - Top - End - #418

Well, she did just get me killed in Mafia, so Alarra!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finally, I can follow tradition without feeling ashamed about it! Alarra

30. - Top - End - #420

Alarra today.
    Spoiler
    Show