New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1767
  1. - Top - End - #1651
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Question about Mystic Theurge; if I pick Druid and Sorcerer, and level Druid to level five where he gets Animal Forms without taking Mystic Theurge, do I progress in that skill, as I already have it? Might be a stupid question, but..
    As I understand it, you're asking if your wildshape ability will progress as if you advanced as druid if you take a level of Mystic Theurge. The answer is no; the class only advances spellcasting (spells per day, spell levels available).

2. - Top - End - #1652
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Question about Mystic Theurge; if I pick Druid and Sorcerer, and level Druid to level five where he gets Animal Forms without taking Mystic Theurge, do I progress in that skill, as I already have it? Might be a stupid question, but..
    Originally posted by the SRD
    When a new mystic theurge level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in any one arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class and any one divine spellcasting class he belonged to previously. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.
    It's the same for just about every PrC.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

3. - Top - End - #1653
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, I thought it wouldn't work like that. Then, what happens if I have Mystic Theurge levels so that I'm 15 Druid/15 Sorcerer, and take one class of Druid instead of Mystic Theurge, being 16 Druid/15 Sorcerer, would I THEN gain the class' benefits? (Loopholes. Not that I'd be using them, I'm just curious :P)

4. - Top - End - #1654
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Mystic Theurge levels so that I'm 15 Druid/15 Sorcerer
    That would make you level 30. Is that what you're shooting for? And there are no Mystic Theurge levels in that build at all anyway?

take one class of Druid instead of Mystic Theurge, being 16 Druid/15 Sorcerer
    Mystic Theurge Does Not Work That Way. Not to mention that you'd be level 31.

Read what it says.
    "...He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained."
    You get Spell Levels. That's it. Nothing else. No Familiar Progression, no Animal Companion progression. Nothing. Spell Levels. Not class levels. Totally different.
    No loopholes. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Druid 3/Sorceror 3/Mystic Theurge 9 might be level 15. But is still only a level 3 Druid. And does not have access to Wild Shape.
    Druid 5 / Sorceror 3 / Mystic Theurge 7 does have (an extremely weak) Wild Shape though.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2009-05-30 at 08:11 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

5. - Top - End - #1655
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    That would make you level 30. Is that what you're shooting for? And there are no Mystic Theurge levels in that build at all anyway?

Mystic Theurge Does Not Work That Way. Not to mention that you'd be level 31.

Read what it says.
    "...He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained."
    You get Spell Levels. That's it. Nothing else. No Familiar Progression, no Animal Companion progression. Nothing. Spell Levels. Not class levels. Totally different.
    No loopholes. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Druid 3/Sorceror 3/Mystic Theurge 9 might be level 15. But is still only a level 3 Druid. And does not have access to Wild Shape.
    Druid 5 / Sorceror 3 / Mystic Theurge 7 does have (an extremely weak) Wild Shape though.
    Ah, it works THAT way. Now I get it, I was thinking it a really weird way. Now I understood how it really works. Thanks.

6. - Top - End - #1656
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Hey I've been thinking of making a Rogue1/Ranger2/Barbarian1/Fighter2/Dervish2

We're using a 32 point buy in at lvl 8
    With 27,000 gold to play with.
    Does any one have any suggestions on feats, or changing any of the classes,
    I'm making this character for an undead heavy campaign. Thank you for any and all help.
    Last edited by ChronoDwarf; 2009-05-31 at 03:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1657
    Bugbear in the Playground

Since this thread has the highest concentration of good crunch people, I thought I'd link to my question:

Help Optimize a MoMF's Items and Feats

8. - Top - End - #1658
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm in a one shot game tonight and the group needs some healing. But I've never played a cleric before and would like one with some flavor. I can't think of anything to do with a 2nd level cleric that would be flavorful so I thought I'd come here.

1. 3.5 From scratch to Level 2

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:
    a. No book limitation except for blatantly OP stuff.
    c. Cleric
    d. 12, 9, 16, 12, 12, 9 (Distribute as necessary)

f. House Rules:
    Spontaneous Domain Casting (adapted from Unearthed Arcana)
    Clerics do not get a daily domain spell slot. Instead, a cleric can spontaneously cast any domain spell in place of a prepared spell of the same level or higher. This functions identically with the cleric’s ability to spontaneously cast cure/inflict spells.
    Healing Domain: Clerics with the healing domain can cast healing spells using a d12 instead of a d8.

Clerics get both cat’s grace and fox’s cunning as 2nd level spells, along with the other four ability buff spells at that level.

g. Concept: I'm going for predominately healing and don't mind doing nothing else but healing others every round. Although I also enjoy some buffing. I'm leaning towards Cloistered Cleric from Unearthed Arcana right now.
    h. Other: Rogue, Monk, Ranger and Sorceror. I'm going to be helping the Sorceror make their character tonight before the game and would love combo suggestions. Beyond that I don't have much control over other people's choices.
    It will be a dungeon crawl. I know there will be some undead. Heavy on combat (although avoiding combat would also be a plus)

9. - Top - End - #1659

Ubercharger Build Request

I recently turned on a buddy of mine to the wonder of the ubercharger build. He's a relatively novice DM and now wants to use one as a travel guide for the PCs in a level 10-11 game he's running. He's asked me for a build, with a specific request for a large creature (he asked for a firbolg, but I pointed out that the ECL would be so far beyond the party as to be ridiculous). I've suggested either a half-giant (from XPH) or a goliath (from RoS), since Powerful Build is large without being Large.

So I'm looking at:
    ECL 12
    Race: Any large or powerfully built with a no more than a +1 LA
    Abilities (before racial or level adjustments) Str 18 Dex 12 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 8 (or any other 32 pt buy)
    Books: Core (with XPH) plus all Completes, PHBII, and RoS (for goliath). Other splats may be used sparingly, if you reference where you're getting the material and the build could work without it if necessary (no ToB, much though it pains me).
    Classes: Any
    NPC wealth by level
    Goal: The most melee damage possible on a charge - pouncing is encouraged.

The DMs intention is to have this character assist the party with getting across a treacherous mountain range (the only casters in the party are a Dwarven Cleric 10 and a Sorcerer 10 who hasn't gotten Teleport yet), and then be hideously and spectacularly killed by the chief lieutenant of the BBEG, so heavy ranks in Survival are also a must.

Thanks in advance.
    Minstrel Emeritus of the Elan Fan Club
    Elan.
    He's useful!

Join, join, join, join the Elan Fan Club!

10. - Top - End - #1660

This may be too cheasy, but consider a Goliath Spirit-Lion-Totem-Barbarian 1 / wildshaping-ranger 5 / beastmaster 5 with the leap attack, spirited charge and shock trooper feats. He rides a megaraptor which is his primary animal companion (his secondary is an eagle that scouts for him). When he charges, his mount easily leaps 10 feat so that his power attack damage is tripled. He then adds the rest of his damage and triples it again. A full power attack does at least 99 points of damage -- per attack (he gets three).

11. - Top - End - #1661

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    This may be too cheasy, but consider a Goliath Spirit-Lion-Totem-Barbarian 1 / wildshaping-ranger 5 / beastmaster 5 with the leap attack, spirited charge and shock trooper feats. He rides a megaraptor which is his primary animal companion (his secondary is an eagle that scouts for him). When he charges, his mount easily leaps 10 feat so that his power attack damage is tripled. He then adds the rest of his damage and triples it again. A full power attack does at least 99 points of damage -- per attack (he gets three).
    I do think that might be a bit TOO much. My friend's goal is to highlight a melee optimization that might actually be available to his players through retraining via PHB II. The concept needs to be at least somewhat achievable through feats alone. I'm already adding the Spirit Lion Barbarian to the mix. Really, it's the mount that takes this outside the intended flavor.

How might we go about a big charge without the mount?
    Elan.
    He's useful!

12. - Top - End - #1662
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenyx View Post
    I'm in a one shot game tonight and the group needs some healing. But I've never played a cleric before and would like one with some flavor. I can't think of anything to do with a 2nd level cleric that would be flavorful so I thought I'd come here.
    This is what I came up with (in case others find it useful in the future)

We were also given 1,500gp to play with instead of 900gp.

Cloistered Cleric

Domains
    • Healing
    • Good
    • Knowledge (From Cloistered Cleric)

Feats
    Imbued Healing - The DR and the temp hp from this was very useful
    Augment Healing - Although it caused a lot of over healing with Cure Light wounds it made Cure Minor Wounds very useful (since it would heal for 3hp + 2 temp hp). Probably not worth it going into higher levels but since this was a one shot it was good.

Chain Shirt
    Guisarme
    Pearl of Power (1st)

13. - Top - End - #1663
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

TO JACK

Goliath
    Fighter2/Barbarian8
    I assume your using a 32 point buy in.
    Str18
    Dex14
    con16
    int8
    wis8
    cha8

+2 gloves of ogre strength
    +2 Warhammer
    Its early and I got to go to school so I cant get your AC OR HP but this should do for the most part.
    Barbarian gives you your survival.

Take the shocktrooper feat set up.
    A battle between a druid and a Barbarian *psht*
    A battle between a druid and a cleric *psht*
    A battle between a druid and a wizard now that I want to see.

14. - Top - End - #1664

Okay, now I just need a feat progression. Thanks Chrono.
    Elan.
    He's useful!

15. - Top - End - #1665
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

furious Re: Character Builder Thread

Once again to Jack

I recomend you take shock trooper from complete warrior and leap attack from complete adventurer there are prerequisites so look at those as well if theres anything left take improved initiative so he can get to the enemy and get them before they get to him. there is another feat that lets him take a five foot step after killing a guy not sure where it is though, but if you find it it useful for all those nice and tidy close formations.

16. - Top - End - #1666

A charger build does benefit a lot from having a mount. The spirited charge feat *triples* damage when charging on a mount with a lance. The great thing about this tripling is that if behaves mathematically. If you're getting double your power attack penalty as damage, you now get six times.

The downside is that it's hard to combine with leap attack. I figured it could be done using a mount with a high jump modifier, and was very pleased to make it fit into an effective 11th level build, but I'll admit it was excessive.

Even with a normal horse and an x2 power attack, it's still very impressive. A large, +2 lance with 24 strength and full power attack on a spirited charge does an average of 117 damage.

To make it even higher, work in leap attack, use frenzied berserker's improved power attack (with fb's famous drawbacks), or use cavalier's x4 deadly charge (requires lawful).

17. - Top - End - #1667
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Hello :)

I'm quite new to DnD, done one low level campaign, but I have one coming up which will involve pvp. (1v1).

1. Which of the above are you asking for?
    from scratch, lvl 10

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:
    Not allowed to fly.
    5000 gold to spend.
    No custom items.

3. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept?
    I would really like to make a character which can control the movement of my opponent through pins / snares, whilst being mobile myself. I don't really know enough about the classes / races to know what would be ideal for this.

4. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be.
    If this is a really dumb concept for pvp, are there any suggestions of a basic build i could follow / hints about what works?

Thank you for your help :D

18. - Top - End - #1668
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

This is to myndgames
    look at the ubber charger I posted up above instead of a +2 warhammer just take a great axe, read about the barbarian figure out all his raging and stuff, He is Ideal for one on one, he can do around 70 I think on one hit so in a full round he can do 210 roughly, look into this bigtime he could be perfect.

19. - Top - End - #1669
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Requesting a wizard build for someone just getting into the game.

From Scratch. Level by level, level i suppose i only really need to know levels 1-5 at this point although talking about long term options would be great. If someone's feeling mighty generous i'd love to see level by level as far as you care to take it

I have already rolled up some stats and done some provisional adventures with the DMs leave to alter things about the character as i get advice.

Grey Elf Wizard 1
    str 10
    dex 17
    con 12
    int 18
    wis 10
    cha 10

note i can swap these around and they include the grey elf -2con-2str+2int+2dex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

a. Books that can be used to build your character

Our party really like basic SRD because we have all the sourcebooks on hand. In creating this character though i know that bringing in stuff from the outside is probably vital . Ideally this should only be so if i can find the stats or effects of the spell or feat online somewhere so both i and the DM can have a reference for it. I can get away with any level of overpowered combos from SRD but he tends to be stricter on outside materials.

b. Race (including any Level Adjustment Limits)

Grey Elf, no level adjustment
    this is more for RP purposes than the int and dex bonuses (i like the idea of living a very long time .)

c. Class

Well i want to be a wizard because our group doesn't have one and the ability to use arcane magic to shape the world to my will sounds mighty appealing.

That said, i'm reasonably open here if there is a permutation of wizard or the like i can take, just not sure if the DM would wear it

d. Ability Scores (fixed or generation method)

rolled and Provided

e. Alignment

Lawful Good on paper, but don't think for a second that limits the means i will use to achieve an end.

f. House Rules: are there any other requirements or unusual rules imposed on you/your character (e.g. no single level dips, no item creation feats, Track is being given to you as free feat, etc.)

Not that many although i'm sure they'll develop. Bloodlines are involved, my character is toting a gold dragon one for RP purposes. I also for similar reasons have leave to take the Dragon Diciple Presteige class while ignoring all but the language and knowledge arcana requirement although i'm not sure if i'll take him up on that (it would be undeniably cool but there may be better options)

g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept?

I want an effective wizard that can eventually become the most powerful character in the group. at least as a player that would be mighty fine. I have a tremendous rivalry with the sorcerer in the group and being able to prove more capable than him is always a plus (all he does is spam Magic missle though at this point).

The character is a member of the extended royal family of a small nation of grey elves of my own design and houseruled into the game. (on the condition that i can't really receive any support from them unless the DM actually allows us to visit) The reason the royal family is, infact royal is probably given away by the gold dragon bloodline ( i can trash that but i'd be hesitant to do so.)

but in terms of solid concepts. flexible enough to play a role in the team but by the time we get up to the later levels i would hope to be able to walk amongst those mortals as a god amongst men. There is a bit of a V complex going on. At low levels i find myself mage armouring my compatriots and relying on a bow for damage. I think my role will continue to be buff the allies and lockdown the enemies for a while but i chose wizard because with one days prep, "lockdown" could become "blast." We tend to use spells in unconventional ways and apply real world physics and chemical reactions to pull unconventional stunts.

thought about using that dragon class to become a half dragon which would be mad RP

in other words i'm new to the game and not really sure.

h. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be (e.g., what are others playing, the setting is largely wilderness, the DM is threatening to use a lot of undead, or the campaign will be heavy on combat and light on intrigue)?

Capaign even between intrigue and combat i assume. settings as varied although wilderness is overall more common then towns. Monster progression outside of my knowledge base. Full team of (fighter, sorc, cleric, druid, rogue( sometimes x2) , monk and me. Which leaves me clawing to find a role in the team other than sticking mage armour on the front rankers.

Anyway. Thanks for any help. I'm looking for some guidance and a way to make myself a leader of this team rather than that semi useful guy that casts mage armour and hurls arrows without the benifit of decent hit die.
    Last edited by Teivel; 2009-06-03 at 07:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1670
    Dwarf in the Playground

Help request:

A friend of mine wants to run Tomb of Horrors. There will probably be 5-6+ people attending, all with ECL 10 characters. I am looking for build suggestions, as I have no idea what may help. All books are allowed but UA and ToB, but to my knowledge everything is pretty much subject to DM "NO". Stats are 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8. Standard level 10 starting gold (49,000) and can use any monster races, but as expected lowers class levels, up to a total ECL 10 as mentioned above. Thank you, annoymous aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets
    Pico's Law #7: The fastest way around a wall is to blast a hole in it.
    Sorcerer: "I! Am! The! Charismabitch! You WILL like me!"

I'm a teen, not a convict. Please treat me as such.

Looking for a good way to play Warhammer games online. PM me if you find one.

My Games:
    Organized Crime--Adrian Alastar

21. - Top - End - #1671
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

thanks for your help

22. - Top - End - #1672
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Hi, im curently building a focused specialist and need some help.

It will be an human or tiefling (we use the unearthed arcana rules to lower LA), and he will become a shadow adept (the one from the 3.0 FR campaign setting with spell power and the metamagic feat), he uses Shadow weave magic so evocation and transmutation will be cast with a -1 to caster level, but enchantment illusion and necromancy go up by one level. And his clas features increas this to a +4.

We are limited to one PrC. We use mostly core and complete x, but any book is allowed with the dms approval.

I'm going to ban evocation, abjuration and enchantment.

But I'm not sure wich school to specialize in. a little help would be nice.
    Also is the three feat chain in Lost empires of Faerun worth taking for enchantment?
    also any other feat recomendation is appreciated.
    Last edited by Gerion; 2009-06-05 at 06:59 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked Redcloak before it was cool.

Two sides of the sword
    You may think it's nothing but agony
    When you feel the hate
    It is the hand that carries the blade

(I'm not a nativ speaker so if you find a mispelled word just keep it ;) )

23. - Top - End - #1673
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I am currently playing in a campaign with a Kobold character of mine. Its solo and has the potential to reach epic easily. This Kobold through role play and some interesting rituals has the chance to become a Dragon, which is any Kobolds dream, to really emulate those fantastic creatures we are related to. What i want to know is Whats a good way to reach god hood class wise.

He has the potential to do it thru the dragon ritual, his whole tribe will worship him and he can take dragon ascendant at 30 hit dice, but is there any other interesting possibilities, besides just rampant begging towards my dm......

Or is it even smart turning into the dragon to begin with....
    "What, What? Kobold in the butt."
    War Cry of my Kobold while Grappling a hag from behind that had captured and was raping our poor knight.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

A penny saved is a penny earned, a penny filched is a penny you don't have to work for.

24. - Top - End - #1674
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

Hi -- I'm new, and this is my first post, so please forgive any dumb mistakes. I'm moving, and jumping into a Faerun game after playing a long-running Ravenloft game. I need a 13th level character.

Books: I can use Core + Any Complete book
    Race: Half aquatic elf - the non-LA version
    Class: I've heard fighters suck, but I really want to try one out
    Ability Scores: DM hasn't told me the point-buy method he uses -- so go average? I guess?
    Alignment: CG
    Concept: NOT a tank. Graceful/athletic in focus. Former sailor. Uses a (item familiar?) falchion. (Improved Critical a definite possibilty)
    Other: Since I know next to no specifics about this game the build should be faily adaptable.

BTW: Can I use an Ancestral Item and an Item Familiar at the same time?

25. - Top - End - #1675

This build is going to depend a lot on ability scores. For something straightforward, you're going to need strength to wield the falchion, dexterity and intelligence for the movement skills you want and constitution to withstand both attacks and dessication. If you have a lot of high ability scores, you can do this. Otherwise you may need to rethink a little.

Also, can you use Unearthed Arcana? Some of the variants there might be very useful to you.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2009-06-06 at 02:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1676

Quote Originally Posted by MissK View Post
    Hi -- I'm new, and this is my first post, so please forgive any dumb mistakes. I'm moving, and jumping into a Faerun game after playing a long-running Ravenloft game. I need a 13th level character.

Books: I can use Core + Any Complete book
    Race: Half aquatic elf - the non-LA version
    Class: I've heard fighters suck, but I really want to try one out
    Ability Scores: DM hasn't told me the point-buy method he uses -- so go average? I guess?
    Alignment: CG
    Concept: NOT a tank. Graceful/athletic in focus. Former sailor. Uses a (item familiar?) falchion. (Improved Critical a definite possibilty)
    Other: Since I know next to no specifics about this game the build should be faily adaptable.
    Know what you should be?

A Dread Pirate.

27. - Top - End - #1677
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello. Uhm, if one would be so kind, I'm looking for some help building a "gishy" 4e sorcerer-type character with melee aptitude, AoEs, single target spells, and fire. Lots of fire. Also perhaps rage. And did I mention fire?

I still haven't gotten the firmest grasp on the rules, so probably just about heroic tier.

Books: Core and any splatbooks, really. Possibly Dragon.
    Race: Anything elven-looking, really. Preferences are Genasi, Eladrin, Half-elf, Elf. In that order.
    Classes: Sorcerer, maybe a bit of swordmage but I hear those kinda suck.. Barbarian, Wizard, I dunno.
    Ability Scores: 14, 12, 17, 16, 13, 15. Main (casting?) stats should be Charisma and Strength. Maybe with some dexterity to.. Uh.. I dunno.
    Alignment: Good. Evil is icky.
    Concept: A charismatic fiery hero concerned with.. Damage. Damage and swords and fire. I want to rip out pieces of reality through sheer strength, set them on fire with my force of personality alone, and hurl them mightily at foes. Then leap into the fray and cut down what's left of them with my longsword.
    Other: Doesn't hafta be ridiculously detailed. Honestly I just want suggestions and guidelines on what feats to take and stuff.

I hope I'm not too much trouble.

28. - Top - End - #1678
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    Know what you should be?

A Dread Pirate.
    Wait - I remember you recommending this like, three other times. (Don't have the time to go quote them now.) Is it a Prestige Class or a Variant Base Class? I've glanced at it, but can't remember the specifics.

I think it looked cool, though.

29. - Top - End - #1679
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

This is to Missk
    You should look at the dervish
    it wont get nearly as many feats as a fighter but for what your describing I think it would be pretty good and for point buy in I always use 35 points and use this exact buy in everytime
    of course for what ever build change which these are on but basically most classes only need 2 to 3 base stats.

30. - Top - End - #1680
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I'm rolling for my first mid to high level, planar campaign ever, ECL10 to start, basically any source book allowed, but the DM would send send epic wizard NPCs after any downright stupendous cheese is the impression I've gotten but by no means should I not be as powerful as I can.

Anyway, nobody else is casting divine at all, so I'm going cleric. The other PCs so far is an initiate of the sevenfold veil and some kind of possibly insane dwarf fighter, and I'm really unsure how to even begin to itemize for this level of play.

I'm thinking travel domain for one, but the other i'm unsure. I'm also unsure if I should make a melee or archer cleric. Having 5th level spells will definitely round out whatever I choose to do, however, but I really haven't played much up here before. Also, the IotSV banned necromancery and illusion so would trickery be a good idea? Or would mobs at this level have true seeing anyway?

Also, "standard roll" is the stated mode of stating but the wizard is going with 15/16/16/18/12/10 so I'm assuming I should do something similar.