New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion II: No Longer Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Well, seeing as this has been brought up (sorta); Are you the actual author of Keychain of Creation, or just a fan who makes the threads for it here?

(Also, this still needs a new ST)
    The author goes by the name of Jukashi. He does have an account here, and has poked around a few times, but doesn't really frequent this particular forum much.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Well, seeing as this has been brought up (sorta); Are you the actual author of Keychain of Creation, or just a fan who makes the threads for it here?
    Who, me? No, I'm not the writer. Padraig is. I'm just the guy who happens to be around at the time of creating the new thread (along with EvilDMMk3).
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I can't help but notice that there seems to be rather few ST's on this forum, and I'm thinking about remedying this by joining their ranks.

I'm not sure yet, but I'll toss a concept I've been thinking about for a while out there.
    How about a sort of Harry Potter-esque sort of game, where the Players are all Terrestrials going through secondary school? It would most likely take place in either Cloister of Wisdom or House of Bells, not sure yet, although an exchange student from the Heptagram could certainly fit in. Anyone interested in this as an idea? If so, then I'll get a recruitment thread up.
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2011-02-09 at 02:57 PM.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

4. - Top - End - #694
    Banned

(Also, this still needs a new ST)
    Who, me? I'm Jokasti, not Jukashi. Unrelated. I had this handle before I came to GitP, which is where I found KoC.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    Well, I can't help but notice that there seems to be rather few ST's on this forum, and I'm thinking about remedying this by joining their ranks.

I'm not sure yet, but I'll toss a concept I've been thinking about for a while out there.
    How about a sort of Harry Potter-esque sort of game, where the Players are all Terrestrials going through secondary school? It would most likely take place in either Cloister of Wisdom or House of Bells, not sure yet, although an exchange student from the Heptagram could certainly fit in. Anyone interested in this as an idea? If so, then I'll get a recruitment thread up.
    A lot of people like Terrestrials, and that's one of the game styles in the Storytelling section, so it's pretty awesome straight up. But if it's HP-esque, why not all Heptagram?
    Last edited by Jokasti; 2011-02-09 at 01:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post

I would certainly be interested. But if I may ask, if your going for a Harry Potter feel, why the Cloister of Wisdom or House of Bells; when the Heptagram fits far better.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I would certainly be interested. But if I may ask, if your going for a Harry Potter feel, why the Cloister of Wisdom or House of Bells; when the Heptagram fits far better.
    Yeah, it really does. Or The Academy at Valhawksen. More mortals but a larger student body in general.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

7. - Top - End - #697

Harry Potter was an inspiration yes but, for one thing, I didn't want to shoehorn players into being a sorceror if they want to be something else, and I didn't want the game to feel like a rip off of Harry Potter. It's more inspired by Harry Potter as in, supernatural adolescents go to school and master their talents, rather than necessarily spells.

Plus, I'm not really all that fond of Harry Potter, it's just inspiring

If everyone else really wants the Heptagram then I'll change it.
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2011-02-09 at 01:16 PM.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

I could be interested in that. That said, I really wanna make characters in general right now, so... xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I could be interested in that. That said, I really wanna make characters in general right now, so... xD
    Y'know, someone could make a thread like "Exalted Character Repository", for people to just make and post characters, and have them linked in the first post organized by type, caste, and experience points.

We could set some sort of guideline like:

CharGen

50xp

100xp

150xp

200xp

300xp

500xp

>500xp

Then, that could be a home for all the characters we'll never get a chance to personally play. And then, prospective Storytellers, either in meatspace, or in PbP games could pick them up as NPCs, or players who aren't feeling a lot of inspiration could peruse and either use one to inspire a new character for a game, or steal it wholesale.

There could even be...!

Wait. I think I'll just go make this thread.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Makes sense, but I think most people like to play their own characters.
    Also, as much as I like making them, I can't really summon the effort if they're not for a game.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Y'know, someone could make a thread like "Exalted Character Repository", for people to just make and post characters, and have them linked in the first post organized by type, caste, and experience points.

We could set some sort of guideline like:

CharGen

50xp

100xp

150xp

200xp

300xp

500xp

>500xp

Then, that could be a home for all the characters we'll never get a chance to personally play. And then, prospective Storytellers, either in meatspace, or in PbP games could pick them up as NPCs, or players who aren't feeling a lot of inspiration could peruse and either use one to inspire a new character for a game, or steal it wholesale.

There could even be...!

Wait. I think I'll just go make this thread.
    Great idea, I'll link to it in the first post.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm avoiding PbP games for the time being (because my work load always jump-spasms or I lose Internet access for two weeks or some damn thing and I have to quit), so I have a fair number of characters I don't expect to play, so I'm very happy to see this idea. I'll go put a couple up on that thread now.

And also link it, for anyone who doesn't see it on the main page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Great idea, I'll link to it in the first post.
    Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    I'm avoiding PbP games for the time being (because my work load always jump-spasms or I lose Internet access for two weeks or some damn thing and I have to quit), so I have a fair number of characters I don't expect to play, so I'm very happy to see this idea. I'll go put a couple up on that thread now.

And also link it, for anyone who doesn't see it on the main page.
    Glad to know the idea is of interest. I also put a link in my sig.

Also, does anyone have a copy of all those character sheets that are typically used in the PbP forum? I'd like to post them in the first post of the repository.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-02-09 at 04:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Banned

Awesome.

Glad to know the idea is of interest. I also put a link in my sig.

Also, does anyone have a copy of all those character sheets that are typically used in the PbP forum? I'd like to post them in the first post of the repository.
    They're in the first post as well.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

They're in the first post as well.
    Oh crap. That first post is really useful.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Banned

Oh crap. That first post is really useful.
    I'm trying to make it that way, yup.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Bugbear in the Playground

You're going to want to edit some bits, such as Khantalas' name here being The Rose Dragon. Anything too long, as well. Any "ST?" that's not a yes is a no, unless they said maybe, DK for Dragon Kings and DB for Dragon Bloods, tonberrians second choice can be edited down, and the favored game types are supposed to be as the ones described in the Storytelling chapter of core.
    Okay, changes made. Didn't touch the last column though since I don't know what their preference is. So anyone who's posted a table, can you find your entry on the one below and let me know - either here or via PM - what to change that last column to. Like Jokashi said; it should be one of the types in the Storytelling chapter of the core book. I assume "Just about anything" and variants thereof are still a valid entries?

Some of the ST entries have been changed just to an asterisk, if you see that in your row, let me know what you want in there. It's a yes, no or maybe answer to "Are you willing to be a Storyteller?" If you've STed before but aren't willing to do it again, then your answer would be a No.

Weimann, I had to change your Player column to an asterisk as well because "In particular cases" isn't an answer to a yes or no question.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

18. - Top - End - #708

In that case, put me up as a Maybe, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savant
    Who wouldn't want to go to the desert though? Cecelyne is hot.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Banned

Here's mine.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Maybe I should post my own info.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

so I recently found out that dragon-Bloods were way weaker than I previously thought and that the teamwork thing wasn't optional and was actually needed for survival.
    for most of my dragon-blood concepts this is ok, since they are smart enough to stay and work in the group or otherwise use their head.

except one. a Valor 5, Temperance 1 Air aspect who would stop at nothing to protect his sister see? problem is his sister became Solar, the guys older bro was an Earth Immaculate, the Air Aspect sort of took his sisters side despite all that "Anathema are possessed demons" propaganda cause he is rebellious and stubborn, duked it out and now he is this lone rebel guy trying to find his sister against all odds and everything standing in his way.

and basically from what I gathered, said Air Aspect would basically be committing suicide every time he charged into battle against Celestial Exalts where I thought previously he would only be slightly committing suicide by attacking celestial Exalts, not complete suicide as I was informed.

so my question is: should I change his Exalt type to something more fitting for his character? cause he isn't supposed to be a guy that relies on teamwork that is not the character concept, he is more supposed to a reckless martial artist who kills anyone who harms his sister type of deal.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Do you expect to fight Celestial Tier Exalted? There are only, what, a few hundred of them? If it's a Dragonblood focused game then I don't see the problem.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Do you expect to fight Celestial Tier Exalted? There are only, what, a few hundred of them? If it's a Dragonblood focused game then I don't see the problem.
    From what I've gathered from Exalted's version of optimization threads, even a party of Godbloods or Terrestrials is expected to face 4-5 full circles of Celestial Exalts every day.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Banned

From what I've gathered from Exalted's version of optimization threads, even a party of Godbloods or Terrestrials is expected to face 4-5 full circles of Celestial Exalts every day.
    Only with Paranoia combat...

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    I don't plan my characters for any specific game, I just make them. The point of his character is that he looks at all the super-powerful gods and demigods, including the Solars and tells them "Screw you." and he doesn't fit the Solar mold himself, cause he isn't supposed to be shiny and magnificent, he is supposed to recklessly charge into whatever danger he is facing, to make people go "dude are you crazy!? stop it your going to get yourself killed!" then somehow walk out of things alive that were supposed to have killed him,

Solars....its too expected of them to do that stuff he would only come off as jerk if he were a Solar- cause he'd keep telling the people who are inspired by him "shut up fanboy, go away."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #716

WolfInSheepsClothing

But for real Paranoia combat you have 6 clones, so when your fellow players decided/discover you're a traitorous commie scum who wants to destroy the Computer, you only die once and you still have 5 more clones.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I don't plan my characters for any specific game, I just make them. The point of his character is that he looks at all the super-powerful gods and demigods, including the Solars and tells them "Screw you." and he doesn't fit the Solar mold himself, cause he isn't supposed to be shiny and magnificent, he is supposed to recklessly charge into whatever danger he is facing, to make people go "dude are you crazy!? stop it your going to get yourself killed!" then somehow walk out of things alive that were supposed to have killed him,

Solars....its too expected of them to do that stuff he would only come off as jerk if he were a Solar- cause he'd keep telling the people who are inspired by him "shut up fanboy, go away."
    Slayer Infernal, basically.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

Sounds like a Solar to me. I actually played a reckless charachter for a while. It was fun just throwing caution to the wind and charging in. Luckily, he was a Solar and could back it up. Still, I think I caused the Sidereal in the party no end of trouble, as she had to plan around me always taking the "square peg round hole" aproach.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Only with Paranoia combat...
    Right. Also, Exalts always use their ultimate cosmic power for Dodge charms or stabbing things. They never act like I would and develop stuff like:

Badonkadonk Slapping Maelstrom Protocol
    Cost: 5m ; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Blasphemy
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Mind-Hand Manipulation

There is nothing the Principle of Hierarchy loves more than perfection. Perfection, like a perfectly round, pert - oh god; and then she realized, with horror, the folly of opening her charm set to a horde of demonically tainted low-lives who are, on their best day, only deeply unsettling in their unbalanced mental state.

By first conjuring a font of pyrian essence via a little jig involving pelvic thrusts and faux-slaps aimed low into the air, the Infernal then releases the stored energy in a massive storm of power that covers a full mile radius around him, visibly distorting the air as it does so.

All throughout, localized fluctuations in the fabric of Creation manifest, slapping the asses of all women that are caught in the area of effect. Moments later, a rushing sound reminiscent of chiming crystal bells flows past, proclaiming "Dat Assssssss".
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-02-09 at 07:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Banned

Right. Also, Exalts always use their ultimate cosmic power for Dodge charms or stabbing things. They never act like I would and develop stuff like:

Badonkadonk Slapping Maelstrom Protocol
    Cost: 5m ; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Mind-Hand Manipulation

There is nothing the Principle of Hierarchy loves more than perfection. Perfection, like a perfectly round, pert - oh god; and then she realized, with horror, the folly of opening her charm set to a horde of demonically tainted low-lives who are, on their best day, only deeply unsettling in their unbalanced mental state.

By first conjuring a font of pyrian essence via a little jig involving pelvic thrusts and faux-slaps aimed low into the air, the Infernal then releases the stored energy in a massive storm of power that covers a full mile radius around him, visibly distorting the air as it does so.

All throughout, localized fluctuations in the fabric of Creation manifest, slapping the asses of all women that are caught in the area of effect. Moments later, a rushing sound reminiscent of chiming crystal bells flows past, proclaiming "Dat Assssssss".
    it's....it's beautiful...
    sounds more adorjani than pyrian imo though except for the sound effect