New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Who said he can't use both? Besides, ritual swords aren't meant for combat anyway, he probably uses something else.
    I believe those swords are used in rituals by the orcs BECAUSE Rockwell, their god, uses them. If the Plaavan gods really wanted to team up to kill Salblaze, a god that specialized in ranged weapons would have made the shot. Plus, considering these last few comics, the idea that all three Plaavan gods tolerated each other, much less teamed up long enough to plan and execute an ambush on a demigod, seems laughable.

Besides, I'm not saying that there's a goof in the comic. These discrepancies could show how Astrid and her religion are quite a bit mistaken with how things played out on the Day of Ascent.

My current theory is that all the Plaavan gods descended at the same time, each with the intent of convincing Astrid to come to their race's land first. A fight broke out between the three of them, and a stray arrow hit Salblaze.
    Last edited by Alagaesian; 2011-07-24 at 01:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

My friend made this comment when he read it:

You [Mikol and Hazet] may sound, look, and act like you want each other's skins nailed to the doors but Zivka would actually be more shocked if they tried it for real than if they shut up and started deferring to each other

Also, I knew exactly what I was doing when I made the comic about the Day Of Ascent. You'll all find out eventually!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You [Mikol and Hazet] may sound, look, and act like you want each other's skins nailed to the doors but Zivka would actually be more shocked if they tried it for real than if they shut up and started deferring to each other
    Allright, i offically have begun shipping Mikol <3- Hazet.
    Oh dear gog what is happening to me!?
    I want it black, your black romance.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You [Mikol and Hazet] may sound, look, and act like you want to nail each other against the doors but Zivka would actually be more shocked if they tried it for real than if they shut up and started deferring to each other
    Fixed that for him/her.

Also, I have to agree that by far your greatest strength is characterisation. You've made me care about characters where professional writers, script-writers, film-makers, comic artists and playwrights have failed. Your world-building skills are very strong and everything you've shown us looks quite original, interesting and flavourful, but it's the characters that make this comic pretty much indispensable to me.

I was meaning to ask, however, how exactly would you want me to go about giving you a review? I noticed that you said they were welcome and I'm somewhat experienced on the matter (I've been reviewing fan fiction for years. Trust me, I can spot gold when I see it, and by golly, this webcomic has it).

Anything in particular you'd like me to focus? How "painfully honest" should I be? Anything you'd like me to avoid/aren't interested in hearing about? Anything you've always been curious about? Be as general or as minutely specific as you'd like.

5. - Top - End - #1445

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight12 View Post
    Fixed that for him/her.

Also, I have to agree that by far your greatest strength is characterisation. You've made me care about characters where professional writers, script-writers, film-makers, comic artists and playwrights have failed. Your world-building skills are very strong and everything you've shown us looks quite original, interesting and flavourful, but it's the characters that make this comic pretty much indispensable to me.

I was meaning to ask, however, how exactly would you want me to go about giving you a review? I noticed that you said they were welcome and I'm somewhat experienced on the matter (I've been reviewing fan fiction for years. Trust me, I can spot gold when I see it, and by golly, this webcomic has it).

Anything in particular you'd like me to focus? How "painfully honest" should I be? Anything you'd like me to avoid/aren't interested in hearing about? Anything you've always been curious about? Be as general or as minutely specific as you'd like.
    Aw, thank you! Uh, I don't know about focus. One thing that I'm starting to delve into is that none of the cultures or nations are completely sympathetic or innocent. Uh, so I guess review everything?

6. - Top - End - #1446

And we learn a bit more about Zivka...

#144: A Little Self-Indulgence
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2011-07-27 at 08:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Bugbear in the Playground

Are Serrin and Radic moving foward or backward? Art doesn't make it clear. Other than that, it's a kind of weird comic. I honestly hadn't thought that I could feel anything other than sympathy for a Plavaan, but this seems like the most evil Plavaan character yet. I'm finding the stuff is not overly dangerous yet, but they should PROBABLY move out... FAST.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2011-07-27 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Grammar
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Ooh, a nice one... (Well, not excatly a "nice" comic perhaps, but YKWIM)

It appears Zivka has some serious grudge...

And I agree with McDougal, that it could be made a little more obvious that Radic and Serrin are backing. Movement lines?
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Nah, I think the problem is in the feet. People never stick their their toes in the air when they're walking backwards. I have a couple hilarious marching band stories about that - mostly people trying to transition from marching forward to marching backward. They step on their heel, keeping their toe into the air when they're supposed to be stabbing it into the ground. They try to stop, but their momentum pulls their center of gravity too far forward, and thus they fall flat on their faces.

I think the best way to go would be to leave their front foot flat on the ground, then draw their back foot as if walking forward. You might also pull it off by letting the back foot rest flat and drawing the front one like their toe is angled forward to push off of the ground, but I'm not sure how well that will work with stick figures. It might just look like a straight line.

So, the angles of the feet should be either __ / or / __ but never \ / .
    Last edited by Alagaesian; 2011-07-27 at 05:38 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Amaizing just how much you can improve a Drow woman's day by pretending you killed a Kagoin but not saying how :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451

Quote Originally Posted by Alagaesian View Post
    Nah, I think the problem is in the feet. People never stick their their toes in the air when they're walking backwards. I have a couple hilarious marching band stories about that - mostly people trying to transition from marching forward to marching backward. They step on their heel, keeping their toe into the air when they're supposed to be stabbing it into the ground. They try to stop, but their momentum pulls their center of gravity too far forward, and thus they fall flat on their faces.

I think the best way to go would be to leave their front foot flat on the ground, then draw their back foot as if walking forward. You might also pull it off by letting the back foot rest flat and drawing the front one like their toe is angled forward to push off of the ground, but I'm not sure how well that will work with stick figures. It might just look like a straight line.

So, the angles of the feet should be either __ / or / __ but never \ / .
    Ah, thank you. I'll go fix that now.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Yup, looks better, now the direction of their movement is clear
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Banned

By risk of repeating myself: I like her style. I mean, if that were to actually happen to Lloyd, I'd be seriously disturbed, of course, but as it stands, daaamn... so much wrath. Interesting bit of insight into her character, that. And the goblin suddenly all tactfully foreboding is just gold.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ettin in the Playground

On a side note... This thread has lasted 5 months.

New Record!

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

5 months already? People, we should make a bigger effort.... it is far too long for us.

Besides we are on last page alrady =P
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like we DID stop burning through threads so quickly :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1457

So what do you all think of Zivka now?

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

I find his desires for revenge and rather interesting... urges let's say, quite funny; but I think this will return to bite the party in the donkey
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

19. - Top - End - #1459

This will turn out bad if Lloyd ever shows up. However, the nation of Kago is sounding more and more chaotic neutral, or even neutral evil. Honestly, I think that this will turn out to be really bad when it's found out that Lloyd is actually still alive, and Zivka can no longer act like he's not been killed in nasty ways/ Brave, Brave, Brave, Brave, Sir Robin.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

For those of you that don't get that, go out and BUY Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Immediately. Then run home, and watch it.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2011-07-27 at 11:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finally, a likeable character! =D
    I don't mean to brag - it just sort of happens.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Haha, I met a couple of my fans today (you know who you are). I know I seemed shy and in a hurry (I was), but thank you so much. It's different, meeting fans in the physical world instead of on the internet. But it makes me proud, in a way.

Also, I don't know if I'll be able to update tomorrow, since I'll be out all day.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Meh. We live with other unspecified update times, so, we'll survive.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

Come on guys, let's get this thread ending! I wanna see #7.

Debate topic:
    Zivka's likely alignment.
    Neutral Evil?
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

24. - Top - End - #1464

Debate topic:
    Neutral Evil?
    She doesn't seem evil to me, more like really needs some psycological help. I'd say... Chaotic Neutral with Evil tendencies. However, the Lords of Kago REALLY need someone to buck up against them, and put them in their place.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

If the leadership of Kago DOES change into something that's either for or neutral to the plavaan... I bet (most of) the Plavaan will still be hungry for blood like our now-favorite drow here (though perhaps not quite as psychotically) You don't commit mass genocide without making a few enemies.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Barbarian in the Playground

Except sometimes you do, because you killed them all.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Debate topic:
    Neutral Evil?
    More likely NG, TN, CG, or CN. Doesn't seem all that evil (after all, the Kagoans were the ones who killed his(?) family), but definitely is not Lawful. If I were to bet, I would place my cash on True Neutral.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Pixie in the Playground

Psychotic Plavan alert!Awesome new comic
    Last edited by goldendragon; 2011-07-30 at 05:46 AM.
    Nick
    My avatar is from the abandoned avi's forum, props to them!

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    yea, by now the thread title applies more to the pony thread than this one.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko
    Mission accomplished. Yay for us! And just like that, the point is moot again.