New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIII: DeeganBallZ

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    So, what, that's four guys who can't help but want in Luna's pants?
    Can you blame them?

Luna's great.

So great.

Great.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Looked at the new Wiki site. The articles are a little short to be viewed separately at the moment and one article is glaringly missing: "Snarker" (or are we not supposed to break the fourth wall?)

Also, does one one need to register to view the articles? That's a little unwelcoming to the unenlightened Domi readers.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2011-02-28 at 02:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, this could have advanced some plot, but instead fell back on the tried and true "waste time with pointless conflict" recipe that helped drive dear Trazoi away.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Looked at the new Wiki site. The articles are a little short to be viewed separately at the moment and one article is glaringly missing: "Snarker" (or are we not supposed to break the fourth wall?)

Also, does one one need to register to view the articles? That's a little unwelcoming to the unenlightened Domi readers.
    You can actually see some of the articles? I haven't seen anything yet and I checked a couple of times.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    You can actually see some of the articles? I haven't seen anything yet and I checked a couple of times.
    Well it was a little hard to find them. There is a "list all pages" in the beige menu on the left. A list of all the pages (9 pages long) appears.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

That should get better once stuff is categorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    So, what, that's four guys who can't help but want in Luna's pants? I'm surprised the Dominion has gotten this far without the entire civilization destroying itself due to her radiant beauty.
    Aha! Now I understand so much. This must be the reason why there are so many racist, sexist, homophobic jocks around and in positions of power and mustache.
    The superior gene pool of noble nerds sometimes just produces people who are simply so great that the very thing you just hinted at must have happened several times by now, probably resulting in the complete destruction of what little civilization Dominion Apes have been able to reach. (A possible reason for history starting a few decades ago.)
    Ultimately, this must have led to the surviving nerds internalizing that any kind of aggressive pursuit of one's desires will lead to incoming laz0rs, leading to the rise of the jocks, who vastly outnumbered the nerds at that point anyway.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

I hope they all get run over by a truck......filled with acid covered razors.

8. - Top - End - #488

I guess we're in for a lesson about... *gasp*... friendship.

Don't you see? Mookie noticed people are leaving because the comic is incredibly dull now, so he's trying to imitate what's hip right now... Friendship is MagicMetal!
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Now that sounds like an idea for a slay.
    Of course, I still haven't actually watched anything pony and can't use the idea for the slay-off anyway (since it's not my idea), but somebody's gotta do something with that.

10. - Top - End - #490

My creativity for slaying has been in a coma for a while, so I'll leave that up to whoever comes up with something great.

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    I guess we're in for a lesson about... *gasp*... friendship.

Don't you see? Mookie noticed people are leaving because the comic is incredibly dull now, so he's trying to imitate what's hip right now... Friendship is MagicMetal!
    *chokes in laughter* That one is just too good not to slay. Though I think even Fluttersly would be able to beat Dominic to a pulp.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, I just did some slight tweaking. It's now marginally easier to find some things. Still plenty of work to do in that respect, though. Also holy crap, Fawkes. You matched my karma level after two days. Two days.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, I am in need of Mom-mode Fluttershy telling Dominic off for doing some of the naughty things he tends to do. Or just telling Mookie off in general, that works too. Fluttershy telling off various characters would work in general methinks.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I personally am more likely to search for "Outrage Chief" then "Thuen Gor", and NOBODY will search for anything other than "Warlord Mustache".

Edit:
    @ ^
    To the Greg comment, YES. YES PLEASE. That, or have the page title be Greg(s) Deegan, and have a seperate sub-heading for each Greg.
    I vote for Gregory Deegan being a disambiguation page.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Phantomfox: ...Now there's a great mental image. warms the cockles of me heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I vote for Gregory Deegan being a disambiguation page.
    I second this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

In the interest of not talking about today's comic, could you enlighten me about the depictions of today's random fantasy musing: Hostile Barbarian Tribes?

From what I've seen, HBTs are primitive mongolian/germanic/non-human warrior cultures. They are often recognizable by heads on pikes, and by burly chiefs with ale in one hand and a wench in the other. A HBT's purpose is to:
    (1) serve as a looming menace to civilization, making small children cry and adults curse their name
    until the HBT is examined closer, whereupon one of two things happens:
    (2) it rapes, loots and pillages remote towns before being gloriously massacred under the righteous blades of the good guys.
    (3) it is revealed to be a kind and honorable people that lives in harmony with nature. All that talk of brutality is cruel, unjustified prejudice. The protagonist goes native and marries the chief's daughter.

If the HBT is composed of elves, the chances of #3 rise meterorically.

I'm not half as well-read as I'd like to be. Are there HBTs in fantasy that are not merely sentients whom it's okay to kill, or nature bastards? Is there coexistence with kingdoms? Are there brutal barbarians with genuine good points, heroic barbarians with substantial flaws, or nature bastards who show some sign that lacking agriculture and medicine is a drawback, and who do not just frolic through the woods and act smug at the stupid humans for not doing the same until you want to strangle the blue off their faces?

The closest thing that I know of is District 9, which demonstrated beautifully that oppression is wrong even when its targets aren't sanctified.

Maltakian orcs are actually a really good concept: HBTs who are violent and often repulsive, but who nevertheless have the same right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness than anyone else. If only they had been responsible for their own faults, and for overcoming them!
    Last edited by Kizor; 2011-02-28 at 10:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #497

I want to talk about todays comic, so I will. Is this another attempt to close a plothole? I mean, is it an attempt to explain what all that stuff that happened in maltak really meant? Perhaps even an attempt to add some drama into the mix by tusk mouth liking luna and dominic getting jealous and/or emo for a bit before everything works out just fine? "Omg, he knows what its like to live with that far better than I ever could. Maybe she is better off... blah blah blah"

18. - Top - End - #498

Holy crap, today's comic features Smug Greg and his cronies and they're trying to drag us back into Maltak. It's like Mookie saw all of us vowing to see it through to the end and thought "Some of them are still here?! Okay, what'll drive the rest away?".

But hey, I said I'm in and I meant it! (Actually I did not say that. But I was thinking it! Also I joined up so I could mostly-lurk at the wiki too.)

19. - Top - End - #499

This attitude of Randy is puzzling me. I mean, I guess Luna's meant to be a looker, but surely there are other lookers in a kingdom of wizards. More importantly, there are lookers who don't have this terrible facial aberration.
    On a larger scale, tuskmouths have been soaking in society's disdain all their lives. People who are kind to them are perfunctorily so - most people scorn them, if they even pay attention to them. Remember, mothers who realized their kids had tusks figured the best thing to do was murder them. Randy himself hated tusks so bad that he smashed one of his out (and then decided to go to a concert before doing anything else? yeah I can't explain that either but anyway)
    Given all this, I would suspect that a tuskmouth (a tuskie?) who saw another tuskmouth would act with mingled revulsion and pity. The last thing I'd expect is for it to become part of their conception of beauty.

On a larger scale, I guess, I'm asking if it's reasonable for you to find something beautiful in other people, utterly contemptible in yourself, and also society finds it equally contemptible in both of you.

(sorry Kizor but I couldn't think of any barbarians )

EDIT: I guess I could also be reading too much into the word "gawk"? It could be he's going there to stare at Luna and think things like "Why hasn't she thrown herself into the sea, she's literally the worst thing I've ever seen."
    Of course, it's impossible that somebody would ever think that! No, th-th-that would be heresy of the highest order! Luna's as beautiful as she is brilliant! And she's extremely brilliant!
    DON'T TAKE ME TO ABERTHAST I'M CURED I SWEAR I'M CURED
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2011-02-28 at 11:43 AM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    This attitude of Randy is puzzling me. I mean, I guess Luna's meant to be a looker, but surely there are other lookers in a kingdom of wizards. More importantly, there are lookers who don't have this terrible facial aberration.
    On a larger scale, tuskmouths have been soaking in society's disdain all their lives. People who are kind to them are perfunctorily so - most people scorn them, if they even pay attention to them. Remember, mothers who realized their kids had tusks figured the best thing to do was murder them. Randy himself hated tusks so bad that he smashed one of his out (and then decided to go to a concert before doing anything else? yeah I can't explain that either but anyway)
    Given all this, I would suspect that a tuskmouth (a tuskie?) who saw another tuskmouth would act with mingled revulsion and pity. The last thing I'd expect is for it to become part of their conception of beauty.

On a larger scale, I guess, I'm asking if it's reasonable for you to find something beautiful in other people, utterly contemptible in yourself, and also society finds it equally contemptible in both of you.

(sorry Kizor but I couldn't think of any barbarians )

EDIT: I guess I could also be reading too much into the word "gawk"? It could be he's going there to stare at Luna and think things like "Why hasn't she thrown herself into the sea, she's literally the worst thing I've ever seen."
    Of course, it's impossible that somebody would ever think that! No, th-th-that would be heresy of the highest order! Luna's as beautiful as she is brilliant! And she's extremely brilliant!
    DON'T TAKE ME TO ABERTHAST I'M CURED I SWEAR I'M CURED
    Well, possibly, he's admiring her not for being pretty, but for *not* removing her own tusks. For being the only other tusk-mouth he knows, and one who had the guts to stay "in the game" in a way he didn't. Of course, he doesn't know how pathetic a being she is, and that's for the best: better to keep what he sees as a courageous, happy figure that he can envy and emulate than the horror of the real --

Ohhhh, hello, dear friends. How is working for the Aberthast Cathedral Redemption Crewe these days? No, no, I'm fine. Just discussing why dear sir Randy, second caste, should love and admire the First Puppet most high. It is for her beauty and courage, as well as he brillaint mind. She's so special. Carry on, gentlemen.

*whipes brow*

...Or something like that. Possibly tusk-mouth produces a natural brand of High Idiocy, and that is the real curse. That girl who removed her tusks but found something "missing" finally realized that people weren't ostracising her for her mouth, but because she always looked like a gassy toddler.

...This would also explain how this is a part of Orcness, and Maltak. In other words, there's a 1:1 correlation between tusks and idiocy. Possibly they're a mind-altering implant put in the Orcish Race by the First Caste, either in more primative forms, or travelling back in time.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

21. - Top - End - #501

What bothers me is, around the time Melna was introduced, she implied that Orc/Most-humanoid-Dominion-Ape hybrids are sufficiently known-about that she can tell whether or not Luna has any Orc ancestry by sight. I don't remember half-orcs coming up since. Is that wrong?

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I want to talk about todays comic, so I will. Is this another attempt to close a plothole? I mean, is it an attempt to explain what all that stuff that happened in maltak really meant? Perhaps even an attempt to add some drama into the mix by tusk mouth liking luna and dominic getting jealous and/or emo for a bit before everything works out just fine? "Omg, he knows what its like to live with that far better than I ever could. Maybe she is better off... blah blah blah"
    Lol that will never happen. For one Dominic 'trusts Luna' (for she's great). And believes she'd never cheat on him (because she's that great). Also Dominic is too self-absorbed with waaaay too big an ego to worry about if he's the right guy for her or not. He's the bestest(tm) catch in the whole Dominion. Any girl would praise herself lucky to be his mate, let alone cheat on him.

23. - Top - End - #503

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    What bothers me is, around the time Melna was introduced, she implied that Orc/Most-humanoid-Dominion-Ape hybrids are sufficiently known-about that she can tell whether or not Luna has any Orc ancestry by sight. I don't remember half-orcs coming up since. Is that wrong?
    Just the one throwaway reference, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Not that I know of... probably a bit of old canon that got ignored/forgotten. Happens all the time.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

If it ever comes up again, their low number will be explained by lynch mobs that regularly formed after Slaughterball games to go piggart-hunting in the streets.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

So, are MWChase and I the only ones who can currently edit the wiki?
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2011-02-28 at 05:21 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

27. - Top - End - #507

According to the control panel, no. According to practicality... *shrug*. Honestly, my solution would probably be more tagging, which I'll work on over the next few days.

Related, I think a nice thing to have for any given page, in addition to the IC accounts, would be an OOC "As near as we can tell, this is what's happening." kind of thing. I just like the idea of having this whole thing also work as a reference. Anybody have any opinions on that? (My thought is that this can collect the results of archive dives, so they're not as necessary in the future.)

28. - Top - End - #508

The reason we haven't seen half-orcs is...

...because they're elves!

...No, seriously, think about it. Mookie's orcs look pretty much like tusked elves anyway, Mookie-orcs have a magical connection with plants and elves are folk of the trees, some other connection I haven't thought of yet...

It's all there, I tell you!

It's a conspiracy!
    Last edited by Rappy; 2011-02-28 at 10:59 PM.
    LGBTitP

29. - Top - End - #509

NecromancerGuy

Sneaky Gate

You're off to a great start. Now all you gotta do is knife him and Luna will be like putty in your arms.

30. - Top - End - #510

Single-tusk's snout defies... everything. My mind can't cope with it.