New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIII: DeeganBallZ

If this is an illusion and Snuggly is going to fall for it, then he fails as a cosmic eldritch horror.

2. - Top - End - #1442

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmyst View Post
    Edit 2: Prediction: Tomorrow's strip will contain one of two things; Dom using lobstermode to crush this projection of Snuggly, or Snuggly fleeing in panic from Dom-that-now-looks-like-a-destroyer-thing. Anyone fancy betting against this?
    I'm sure I'll lose, so I'll take that bet. I've found another piece of pony art that I've been meaning to share, and this should be a good enough excuse.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

Nothing from here can go well (Hope to despair in 3 days! New record?). Even the best case scenario, where Snuggly swats this trick aside with disdain, renders todays strip purposeless and thus a waste of time, as well as showing up Mookie's depressing affection for generating cheap suspense.

Any other result... well, This. Except even worse, because this isn't just a matter of defeating an indescribable horror from beyond imagination after research/preparation/gathering resources/etc... , this is Dom doing so WHEN IT AMBUSHED HIM. If Snuggly cannot beat Dom now, in this time and place of its own choosing, then it will never be able to do so and thus is utterly worthless as the purported Big Bad of the last four years.

Either Mookie can see this, or he can't. I don't know which is worse. Either way, his creative license needs to be revoked before he can hurt any other innocent ideas.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm... it's par for course. Well done Terracciano, you made another Saturday cartoon scenario. Still, guess I'm ok with this strip as long as Dominic's newfound power doesn't turn out to be a blessing from the destruction lobster,
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2011-03-24 at 01:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Pixie in the Playground

So apparently whether or not you can do anything in this scenario depends on whether or not you believe you can. Dominic indeed has the greatest power of all here: Conciet.

6. - Top - End - #1446

AssassinGuy

Nothing from here can go well (Hope to despair in 3 days! New record?). Even the best case scenario, where Snuggly swats this trick aside with disdain, renders todays strip purposeless and thus a waste of time, as well as showing up Mookie's depressing affection for generating cheap suspense.

Any other result... well, This. Except even worse, because this isn't just a matter of defeating an indescribable horror from beyond imagination after research/preparation/gathering resources/etc... , this is Dom doing so WHEN IT AMBUSHED HIM. If Snuggly cannot beat Dom now, in this time and place of its own choosing, then it will never be able to do so and thus is utterly worthless as the purported Big Bad of the last four years.

Either Mookie can see this, or he can't. I don't know which is worse. Either way, his creative license needs to be revoked before he can hurt any other innocent ideas.
    I just hope this turns out to be a case of Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu. Hopefully something more significant than temporary deafness played for cheap laughs or missing limbs and teeth that never seem to inconvenience Dominic unless it's played for cheap laughs.

C'mon, even in Shounen manga upgrades like this tend to have serious and possibly permanent consequences.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Edit 1: Oh god no... If Mookie pulled this trick out of his rectum just so he could wrap things up by Friday for the purposes of getting back to Luna/Facebath/Smugreg as soon as possible without altering the status quo...
    Facebath will write a song about this. This is a fact. The only variable is when.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

8. - Top - End - #1448

NecromancerGuy

I . . . *starts to walk away* . . . You can't . . . *ditto* . . . What? *ditto squared*

Normally I just mock the story or something and avoid any kind of "It's personal." crap but now? I mean seriously? I think I actually hate Mookie now.

My defenses have been worn down. I'm just not sure I can take DD anymore without going to an ugly place.

It hurts.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

okay, I didn't expect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    You couldn't predict this stuff if you tried. It's brilliant.
    Yeah, that'll teach me.

"Aha, you have made me powerless? Time to show you the true extent of my power! Have at thee!"

Oh, how I wonder if it will ever be explained...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Is it bad that the thing I focus most on in this strip is trying to figure out how Dominic's specs are staying on?
    The specs stay on because he wills them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Yes. YES. YES. This is what I've been missing from Dominic Deegan. It makes no sense, has that fresh asspull scent and Dominic is turning into a giant lobster to fulfill Mookie's sudden crustacean fetish. If that were a poster, I would buy it and hang it over my bed.
    Man, I hope he makes that thing a wallpaper.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-03-24 at 04:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1451

"Believe it, Beast!"

That line's giving me Aardvark flashbacks...

EDIT: Long Swordsage'd by Castel. That's what I get for not reading up on the pages I missed.
    Last edited by Rappy; 2011-03-24 at 05:05 AM.
    LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #1452

RedWizardGuy

Well, now Dominic is a lobster type lycanthrope?

The monster depowered him. Severed his connection to the standard magic sources. I would believe if he still could get away with oracle power second sight style. But i guess that is the snuggly weakness - morphing people. Celesto is a bird, Dominic is a lobster, i guess Luna shall be a warthog and Greg is Aardvark Awkward.

Now Jacob just has to turn in a lone wolf, or maybe a buzzard.

No, wait - the only defense against the beast is the power of the change, the transformation of the own being - ALTERISM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

13. - Top - End - #1453

So, uh.
    By newspost, this is all happening on the Psychoplanes. Sooo... I guess Dominic not having his other leg is the equivalent of him being caught with his pants down? Maybe?
    And on the psychoplanes regular magic doesn't really matter anyway because everything is determined by strength of mind? And Dominic's mind is probably at least as strong as some alien monster's?

Man, Snuggly's not looking the best here. Can't kill Dominic. Can't really hurt him. Can't even stop him from his wizardly antics.
    Is it possible that Snuggly's the protagonist now, like in Roadrunner cartoons? The Roadrunner/Dominic's omnipotence is meant to build sympathy for the plight of the Coyote/Snuggly and their doomed quest?
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

So, a question: We all agree Snuggly is the worst Lovecraftian Horror ever... But do you think Mookie thinks he's a good Lovecraftian Horror, or did he change his gameplan after realizing he couldn't do Lovecraftian Horror in a way that amused him?

...I want to say the latter, but this is Mookie. He thinks lobster-Dom is neat. (To be fair, that design would be neat... If kit weren't for the glasses and the little half-absorbed turtleneck. Hard to take those seriously. And if it weren't an asspull. Heck, elements of that design actually could make a decent disturbing, inhuman monster, particularly the mouth. And then I pan up and see little spectactles.)
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-03-24 at 08:25 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

15. - Top - End - #1455

Daemon

Oh I know what Dominic is up to! He is trying to turn himself into Destroyer to make Snugly scarred and make him run away!

Oh! And drummer from above wallpaper. Does Mookie really think someone will buy it?
    Last edited by Cen; 2011-03-24 at 08:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony
    So, uh.
    By newspost, this is all happening on the Psychoplanes. Sooo... I guess Dominic not having his other leg is the equivalent of him being caught with his pants down? Maybe?
    And on the psychoplanes regular magic doesn't really matter anyway because everything is determined by strength of mind? And Dominic's mind is probably at least as strong as some alien monster's?
    I guess our real mistake was trying to use continuity to determine whether Dom was on a psychoplane or not.

And wouldn't it be interesting if Dom found he couldn't fight Snuggly on the psychoplane, because Snuggly's mind was so inhuman that they couldn't even work on the same level? He wouldn't be able to just mind-crush Snuggly, he'd actually have to work out a real solution as to how to defeat it. But no, Dom's a seer, and more importantly the main character, so of course strength of will is going to be enough to defeat Snuggly, even though I'm pretty sure that a eldritch abomination should have a bit more "your mind makes it real" power than some random human.

17. - Top - End - #1457

INSPIRATION: with all of these random forms he has, the Dominus would make an excellent RPG final boss!

You play as Snuggly, a mysterious entity with no past, fighting for its future. Your chief ally is TIM, a man cast out of society, and, ultimately, existence itself.

One or both of them (honestly, probably just Snuggly) should be voiced by whoever played The Kid from IWTBTG.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    And wouldn't it be interesting if Dom found he couldn't fight Snuggly on the psychoplane, because Snuggly's mind was so inhuman that they couldn't even work on the same level? He wouldn't be able to just mind-crush Snuggly, he'd actually have to work out a real solution as to how to defeat it.
    Yes.
    Dominic would be all alright Snuggly here comes my trump card SEE THE TRUTH and Snuggly would kind of pause for a second, and then say something to the effect of "Yeah, I'm pretty awesome," and attack with renewed vigor. He wouldn't say it because that would undermine him further, but you know what I mean.
    Alternately, Dominic would try to scry or whatever on Snuggly, and suddenly be faced with the gibbering insanity that is where Snuggly comes from, a place where Celesto had to stay awake and use all the spells just to keep himself from going crazy through proximity.

Or he could turn into the lobster police which I guess is part of the spell portfolio of a seer yup yup.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

19. - Top - End - #1459

RedWizardGuy

Or he could turn into the lobster police which I guess is part of the spell portfolio of a seer yup yup.
    I got it... this transformation was always on the seer portfolio

Now he is an hermit

Maybe even a Coenobita
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2011-03-24 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    You know, the fact that Snuggly didnt just devour dom probably means something. There are two main ways this can go down.

1) There is something preventing snuggly from finishing him off right away. For example, one story I read involved a man who could kill with illusions, but if you didnt believe they were real, they did nothing. In this case, snuggly isnt actually capable of stealing domonics powers, but was able to make him THINK he had. Dom wouldnt have just accepted death, he needs to be softened up first.

2) Standard arrogant bad guy maneuver and not taking the chance to kill dom now will bite him in the ass, (once he grows one) shortly.

Well well well, looks like it was number 2. With the cause being number 1 to an extent. Its all about belief baby!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1461

Please, please, let the wind change and Dominic gets stuck like that.

Always knew you should never pull faces...

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

**** you i am a lobster

wait what
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

23. - Top - End - #1463

We were in the psychoplane
    Dominic fell into the deep
    Snuggly reached in a grabbed him
    It was a DOM LOBSTER!

Aaaahhhh, aaaahhhh, aaaahhhh, aaaahhhh,
    Dom lobster!

24. - Top - End - #1464

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    **** you i am a lobster

wait what
    Thread # 50 ?

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

25. - Top - End - #1465

AssassinGuy

So Celesto becomes a bird and Dom becomes a crab. I know there's a message there somewhere.

In all seriousness, I'm going to give Mookie the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a desperate illusion bluff intended to scare off Snuggles.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

So we've had Celesto going F*** you I'm a bird, Karnak going F*** you I'm a unicorn bird and now Dominic is going F*** you I'm a lobster.

Way to break the pattern.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    So we've had Celesto going F*** you I'm a bird, Karnak going F*** you I'm a unicorn bird and now Dominic is going F*** you I'm a lobster.

Way to break the pattern.
    Come on now... you don't know he won't grow claw-wings tomorrow. Can you think of any reason he wouldn't, besides "It hasn't occurred to Mookie yet"?

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    Thread # 50 ?
    Seconded.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

thirded
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

+1 for Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIV: F*** You I'm A Lobster
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.