New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Let Me Hear You Scream [IC]

A stagnate medicinal smell mixed with the smell of dried blood and rotten flesh floods your nostrils and a constant buzz rings in your ears as you slowly rouse to consciousness, openning your eyes you are temporarily blinded by a light hanging from the ceiling. Regaining your sight, you find yourself in a whitewalled, though bloodstained and dirtied, room with but a single door devoid of life. A single wooden door with opaque glass acts as the only way out and, like the rest of the room, is splattered in blood. Corpses lie on other tables, much like the one you were just on, and are cut open with several organs removed and limbs that seem out of place compared, all are restrained with expressions of pain plastered on their unseeing faces.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note, none of you are in the same room.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Let Me Hear You Scream [IC]

"Whe... Where am i? What is this place... I ..."

Looking at the corpses surrounding him with their entrails sticking out Teo throws up on the floor...

"Haa Haaa... I need to get out of here!"

Stumbling he runs towards the door and tries to open it
    Last edited by Misaat; 2011-03-19 at 07:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

The door swings open into a much cleaner hallway, though the floors are marked with layers of bloody footprints that leave few patches of white tile beneath. Several other doors line the hall, all exact copies of the one you just came out of.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone that comes out of their rooms get the same reply.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Busilisk decides to investigate the bodies and see if any of them are alive. To this extent, she grow a small mouth and a ghostly eye on her right shoulder and start to check for a sign of life in any of them.

Gods, I hope none of these are alive, if only for the pain they'd be in.

Features:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 dread eye (uses up one normal form point and all of her specilized form points)
    1 air tasting,trail tasting mouth (uses up 6 form points)
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2011-03-19 at 08:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ugh, what... Where am I? Dae will look around, and get a bearing on where he is. How unsanitary. Well, who are all you then? (adressing and checking the corpses)

Spoiler
    Show
    Voices in head: Hee-hee, it's just like you to mess up a procedure.

Hey, you never were much of a surgeon. Stick to head doctoring!

Well I believe he would have done it on purpose.

Errgh, another one of my episodes it seems. I think I need some fresh air.

Dae will leave the room.
    Last edited by Yukitsu; 2011-03-19 at 08:48 PM.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

6. - Top - End - #6

Busilisk
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bodies before you tell a very disturbing tale, while no longer alive, you can tell that they were alive when they were cut apart, and likely conscious to watch themselves be vivissected.

(I said that anyone that opened the door saw the same thing as Teo, though they'll obviously see the others as well.)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Jakita

She gags at the sight of the corpses, only barely stopping herself from retching. She had been a thief before she was a doctor, and she stopped being a thief when she accidentally killed a man.

But she also knew that she had a duty to find out whoever had done this; such an individual or a beast was dangerous and judging by the deliberate patterns, malevolent.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal check to determine what happened to the corpses:[roll]1d20+21[roll]
    EDIT: Check in OOC thread.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-03-19 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Walking out the door, Dae will look left and right outside the door, trying to see where the exit is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Voices in head: You know where you are right? You treated one of the lost of this place once. Haha! He kept trying to swallow his own tongue!

You'd have never gotten anything from him, no, not if I hadn't let you delve into his mind, brought you pictures plucked from the depths of his psyche. You remember what you saw there right? You know where he's been right?

Hee-hee. Maybe now, you'll know just how... BENIGN we are compared to the rest of the wide world. If we were in it.

Oh no...

Dae will start flipping through his notes on planar psychosis, as well as his patient case histories relating to planar maladies, dredging up the information that he knows of this place.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.

9. - Top - End - #9

Jakita
    Spoiler
    Show
    The corpses were all harvested for organs and other parts, most of the non-organ parts that were harvester have skin discoloration beyond just the effects of death, you'd guess all these corpses had grafts that were amputated.

Dae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking at your notes, you find a precisely detailed case on one of the patients that was found after escaping the Hostel of Screams, previously a monster hunter of great renown known for distilling poisons from the creatures he hunted, he was nothing more than an emaciated husk of a man that raved of screams no one else could hear and never spoke of anything else. Only your gleanings into his mind brought any insight into what he saw, and most of it was blurred and in shades of grey from his mental breakdown.

You also notice movement from the corner of your eye but are to busy to take note of it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, I'm here, so does this mean I'm supposed to be next?Actually, I'd rather not stay here long enough to find out.

She opens the door, and then tries to see if she can pick up any fresh scent trails from the blood, and follows them.

11. - Top - End - #11

Busilisk
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scents in the hall are muddled by the smell of blood, but you see two others, one looking confused, and the other feverishly looking through his notes.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

(At Busilisk)

Oh goodness. *frantic page flipping* Oh, well I suppose you should be alright then. I don't suppose you saw how we all ended up in here, or more importantly, how to get back out?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, wish I did know the answer to either of those, but I don't. I actually hoped you would since you're the one with notes. That guy *points at Teo* certaintly doesn't look like he has any idea. Wanna go ask him anyway? I tried to sniff out a way out, but the scent of blood is so overpowering that I can't smell anything else, or even single out one being's blood trail.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ah, well my notes do have... Some information about this place from a past patient of mine, but they don't go into much detail. Suffice to say, I don't honestly expect we'll make it out of here alive.

Dae will adjust his glasses and look at Teo.

Oh dear. *More frantic page flipping* What? Well, I suppose a choice of attire of that particular sort is common in some regions of the world. Oh, where are my manners. My name is Dae (Pronounced Die), but please, feel free to call me Dee.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"Who are these people... What is that?!"

Teo looks at the people in front of him as he adresses Dae's comment.

"This... Is my performance outfit... I was in the circus preparing for a big show when... when i..."

"What hapenned to me?"
    Last edited by Misaat; 2011-03-21 at 01:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Jakita nods her head slowly and curtly, hoping that the professionalism of the action would keep her stomach from starting a mutiny. Slowly, and with great care, she backs out of the room.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, look another one. You look like you've seen a ghost. Let me guess:You were doing something, and suddenly you blacked out. When you came to, you found yourself in a room filled with mangled bodies, and you have no clue where we are. No, none of the rest of us do either, so no need asking.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lux

Lux's eyes shot wide open, holding her head. She kept quiet for a bit before the events prior to her passing out went back through her mind. "That's right.... I found master...." She bit her lip, unable to force the last word to leave her lips. The same tears of anger and frustration that she'd been crying before she could now feel begging to want to leave yet again... but for now she tried to mentally compromise with herself to not to do so just yet. I need to figure out where I am first then get out...

Upon realizing she had no idea where exactly she was in the first place, her eyes finally looked up from the floor then began to gaze around... only to wish she hadn't done so. She clenched her stomach as the sights filled her eyes and quickly shoved herself off the table she'd been on. These people had more likely than not been innocent like her master, yet for no good reason had been cut open and murdered like he had. She couldn't help but wonder if somehow she'd gotten teleported to the same person that had killed her only real friend?

The thought made her shudder and hold herself. I have to get out of here if that is true... She thought, nodding again after a couple minutes before her eyes slowly rested upon the door before her. Managing to keep her hands as steady as possible, she opened the door slowly, hoping to see a slightly more pleasant sight than what she'd just seen.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Corbin

As Corbin begins to see the light, per say, he quickly whips one of his picks off his back, getting into battle position, ready to take on anything standing in the room. However, nothing was standing. They were all lying down and looked like they'd been gutted as if for some strange wizard experiment. That or maybe even worse, a flayer experiment. Damn he hated those things.

He studied the bodies carefully though tried to avoid getting too close. Even dead things were untrustworthy as far as Corbin was concerned and he didn't remember killing these. Sure he'd had a lot to drink the last night and his brain always felt a bit fuzzy afterwards but he thinks he'd remember something like this. Not wanting to chance it, Corbin flips his picks around to the flat edges (as opposed to the spikes) and proceeds to hack the heads off the bodies in the room with him. He'd at least feel better ensuring they stayed dead before attempting to find out where he was.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not really examining them so I'm not gonna do a Heal check.. just looking at them. Also, I don't think I have to roll to hit the prone bodies stuck to the beds but if I do, I'll do it later.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Jakita

I don't...I mean...yes. I was heading to treat one of my patients -- I'm the village healer -- and...

She's constantly looking from left to right, unsure of what's currently happening. But her breathing's slowing down. She isn't alone anymore. If not fine, it was better than being alone with the bodies.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Oh, look another one. You look like you've seen a ghost. Let me guess:You were doing something, and suddenly you blacked out. When you came to, you found yourself in a room filled with mangled bodies, and you have no clue where we are. No, none of the rest of us do either, so no need asking.
    Oh, that's not true per se. I have a bit of a clue here. Yes, I do believe I have heard of this place, as it uh, pertains to my work. I think that most of you would be happier not knowing however.
    Last edited by Yukitsu; 2011-03-21 at 01:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

As two more individuals emerge from two other rooms, a scream of agony echoes the halls, the echoes making it impossible to tell which direction it's coming from.

Spoiler
    Show
    The 'other two' being Corbin and Lux
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2011-03-21 at 01:43 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, I suppose if we hurry, we might save another one of us trapped souls. Strength in numbers and what have you, and I don't suppose the owners would let someone die so quickly.

24. - Top - End - #24

Lux

Lux felt a sigh of relief as she walked out to see other people... and not undead ones either. They were speaking too intelligently for that to be true... at least she was pretty sure of that. She had been about to ask where they all were but from the conversation she was hearing,, most of the others weren't too sure. Damn... so much for that... Her mouth began to open to ask another question before a scream caught her attention, making her look around to see where it had come from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check (to try to discern if it sounds like it's coming from one direction rather than another):
    (1d20+13)[32]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

25. - Top - End - #25

Lux
    Spoiler
    Show
    You think the scream came from your right, quite a ways down the hall if you judged it right.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

What the-. Ok everybody, if we plan to stick together, we need to make a decision. Should we run towards that noise, or away from it? If we run towards it, we might find someone who can give us a detailed way out, and maybe some more detail as to why we're here. However, some of us might...

She then tries to hit the point home by tying her right arm so it looks like a noose for a second or two.

Or,we can run away from it, ending up lost, with no clue where to go, but safe (unless we run into something).

I'm fine either way, since if everything goes wrong, I can run away faster than almost anything else.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Teo calms down a little after seeing all of the people together. He feels like he can think better now.

"You know that might not be really necessary. Ive got an spell that can turn me or whoever goes first invisible. Somebody could go see what the problem is and if he sees something he would rather not confront he could come back and tell us about it without being seen. I also have one for all of us to go together but i would rather not use that one now..."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, I'm not going to sit around waiting for them to die while we discuss whether or not we're cowards. You can come with me if you want.

Dae will start opening doors at random.

29. - Top - End - #29

Lux

Lux nodded in agreement as she saw the one boy beginning to open doors. "I think it was more from here..." She said to everyone, heading towards the right where the scream had, to her at least, sounded as if it were coming from. Once she arrives at the door she believes it to have been from, she takes a deep breath before quickly opening it, glad that she at least woke up with her things still with her should there be something.... unpleasant behind the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #30

What you see is... most unexpected, the room is blank, just a vast expance of white far to large for the size of the rest of the place. However, the coppery smell of blood lingers, and screams echo through the emptiness, as if they were captured and stored in this room.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show