New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I'm not seeing any of the real Exalts?
    Were there no Infernals in 1e? I need a 1eologist.
    You're right, there aren't any Alchemicals. They got everyone else important though.
    Last edited by a_humble_lich; 2011-05-09 at 09:08 PM.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post
    You're right, there aren't any Alchemicals. They got everyone else important though.

Well done, sir.

---

Unrelated, the more I read about Abyssals, the more I think Autochthon may have intentionally built a crazy switch into the Solar Exaltations.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Nope, there's two things that taint the view of Abyssals-

1) The guy making the book didn't like em (or so I heard)
    2) They are Solars corrupted by the Deathlords, they are set to crazy by default.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

The two psychotic unfounded conspiracy theories I'm working on so far are:

1) Autochthon built a crazy switch into the Solar Exaltations just in case their sparkliness wasn't sufficient to kill the Primordials. This is what he was modeling the Soulsteel Castes for, and this is why Solars can actually become a different Exalt type without dying (either via monstrance, or Nephilpal said that there's a theoretical charm that would allow a Solar to do the conversion on his own power).

2) Because the Unconquered Sun was created as a specific inversion of the Dragon's Shadow, his very nature to be the defining opposite of something else, when he infused his Exaltations, he also gave them the nature of being a defining opposition of something far more terrible.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scroll of Errata p54
    The original Exalted Limit track was originally designed by the gods and Autochthon to act as an ablative defense against madness-inducing Primordial magic. Unfortunately, Limit created an unintended backdoor vulnerability that the dying Primordials exploited and corrupted with their Great Curse, bypassing anti-Shaping defenses through this hidden imperfection.
    The section on Abyssal Redemption is most insightful in this regard.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

This is what he was modeling the Soulsteel Castes for, and this is why Solars can actually become a different Exalt type without dying
    Except Solars weren't designed to be corrupted, it took one of (if not the) most dangerous of all the Yozi to figure out how to do it. And Soulsteel existed before the Usurpation.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Solar Exaltations are a fragment of the perfection of the UCS.

When applied against a human soul, the Solar Exalt is a perfection of human ability.

The Abyssals, for all they are 'death and destruction ho!' are the same. They've reversed the energy feed, but it is still a perfection applied to a human soul. However, they've just said 'anything that isn't kill everything related hurts'.

The Infernals are still a perfection. However, they've been hooked up to a new powersource, the Yozi. In addition, they are no longer being allowed to perfect the soul they are attached to, instead they are given direct access to said Yozi power.

It is no wonder the Infernals are baby-Primordials. The power of the UCS' perfecting touch applied against Yozi power means the owners of the Exaltation shards mean they're going to go above and beyond the broken Yozi.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    The section on Abyssal Redemption is most insightful in this regard.
    Oooo, cool. I may have to use this conspiracy theory in my tabletop game at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Except Solars weren't designed to be corrupted, it took one of (if not the) most dangerous of all the Yozi to figure out how to do it. And Soulsteel existed before the Usurpation.
    Nothing you've said here actually refutes this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    stuff
    Okay?

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Just a random thought.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Oooo, cool. I may have to use this conspiracy theory in my tabletop game at some point.
    If you're referring to what I quoted, the Scroll of Errata is canon. Moreso than most of the other books. Not sure where it stands compared to Alchies, as they're withholding errata on that for the moment.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If you're referring to what I quoted, the Scroll of Errata is canon. Moreso than most of the other books. Not sure where it stands compared to Alchies, as they're withholding errata on that for the moment.
    No, I mean that what you quoted is canon, and it adds an interesting bit of info for my first conspiracy theory, so it has enough basis that I might actually want to use it for an adventure.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Hmm, top left just below the Incarna are the Terrestrials. Someone I don't know, Peleps Deled, Mnemon fighting with Tepet Ejava, then Tepet Arada having a nap next to some Pattern Spiders.
    Someone you don't know? You don't recognize Sesus Nagezzer, the most awesome Terrestrial to ever Terrestrial the Terrestrial out of that Terrestrial?

((Also, that is not Roseblack fighting with Mnemon. In the colored version, it is much clearer, since she is wearing red and has black hair. If I had to guess, she would either be Sesus Rafara or Tepet Lisara.))

EDIT: For reference, the colored version:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2011-05-10 at 03:36 AM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

I think something has gone terribly wrong with the Midnight Caste lady in the colored version. Shouldn't those bits below her censor-chain be flesh colored instead of purple? D=

Presuming that she wears an actual dress seems kind of insulting.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

I think something has gone terribly wrong with the Midnight Caste lady in the colored version. Shouldn't those bits below her censor-chain be flesh colored instead of purple? D=

Shh. This is a T-rated picture. We don't talk about c-e-n-s-o-r-s here.

((Also, I will note that Harmonious Jade never wears that much in any of her artwork either.))
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

This is exactly what I though. D=
    I have problems.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    ((Also, I will note that Harmonious Jade never wears that much in any of her artwork either.))
    Oh crap, you're right! I didn't even realize. Yeah, that seems pretty deliberate, which is kinda awful. I'd say it's a case of slut shaming, but there's not really any scantily clad men to compare it to. Which makes me wonder why there are no scantily clad iconic male Exalted. I mean, Panther is topless, but why can't we get like an Abyssal in a thong? He could be like The Todd, and his catchphrase could be "This is totally 'trappings of the grave'. ESSENCE RESPIRATION FIVE!" (insert high five). Or maybe a Water Aspect in a mankini.

Hell, why is their clothing in Autochthonia? Isn't he climate controlled or something? Those textiles could be going to work fixing the Great Maker, citizen. Now relinquish yon pantaloons.

EDIT: Also, squee@foxlix
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-05-10 at 04:22 AM.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Hell, why is their clothing in Autochthonia? Isn't he climate controlled or something? Those textiles could be going to work fixing the Great Maker, citizen. Now relinquish yon pantaloons.
    To keep any... tender bits from getting caught in the machinery.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Oh crap, you're right! I didn't even realize. Yeah, that seems pretty deliberate, which is kinda awful. I'd say it's a case of slut shaming, but there's not really any scantily clad men to compare it to. Which makes me wonder why there are no scantily clad iconic male Exalted. I mean, Panther is topless, but why can't we get like an Abyssal in a thong? He could be like The Todd, and his catchphrase could be "This is totally 'trappings of the grave'. ESSENCE RESPIRATION FIVE!" (insert high five). Or maybe a Water Aspect in a mankini.
    It's probably just that the artist doesn't want to draw 'dirty' artwork. (shrugs)

Halt, citizen. A lack of clothing would lead to unnecessary temptation, which would reduce productivity.

EDIT: Also, squee@foxlix
    Aww, thanks. It's an avvie of Millie from Ozyandmillie, and it's drawn by Rae Artemi.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It's probably just that the artist doesn't want to draw 'dirty' artwork. (shrugs)
    Heh. Have you seen any of Melissa Uran's actual artwork? A good portion is not exactly work safe.
    I use black for sarcasm.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Then maybe she just wanted this piece to be?
    To be fair, chibi+naked is an odd combination. It might be that.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Firbolg in the Playground

To be fair, chibi+naked is an odd combination. It might be that.
    Thanks, Lix - once again, you have contributed to my various horrifying thoughts.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-10 at 07:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Bugbear in the Playground

1) Autochthon built a crazy switch into the Solar Exaltations just in case their sparkliness wasn't sufficient to kill the Primordials.
    Main problem with this theory: Autochthon had no idea that death essence was a thing. You couldn't have made an Abyssal until after the Exaltations were made, when the first Primordial was killed and the Neverborn came to be.

This is what he was modeling the Soulsteel Castes for,
    It also seems pretty clear that Autobot didn't model the Soulsteels on anything. See: Alchemical resonance rules.

Nephilpal said that there's a theoretical charm that would allow a Solar to do the conversion on his own power).
    Well, Black Mirror Revelation and you're almost already there.

2) Because the Unconquered Sun was created as a specific inversion of the Dragon's Shadow, his very nature to be the defining opposite of something else, when he infused his Exaltations, he also gave them the nature of being a defining opposition of something far more terrible.
    Oooh, I like this idea. But again, the "opposite" wasn't in existence until after the War.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Thanks, Lix - once again, you have contributed to my various horrifying thoughts.
    Sexy, sexy horrifying thoughts.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

The Ebon Dragon is very specifically not a Creature of Death.

He can make himself one, as it is his nature to cheat and subvert all the rules, but natively his Essence is not of Death.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

24. - Top - End - #984
    Banned

So how are Red Moon Princesses and Black Star Viziers getting around to existing? Cause I've been thinking about a coupling based on some lines from a Florence and the Machine song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map.
    And knew that somehow I could find my way back.
    Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too.
    So I stayed in the darkness with you.
    THE STARS, THE MOO-OO-OON

So yeah, Cosmic love, go check it out.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Sexy, sexy horrifying thoughts.
    But... I was just saying how ODD naked-chibi is. xD

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    So how are Red Moon Princesses and Black Star Viziers getting around to existing? Cause I've been thinking about a coupling based on some lines from a Florence and the Machine song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map.
    And knew that somehow I could find my way back.
    Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too.
    So I stayed in the darkness with you.
    THE STARS, THE MOO-OO-OON

So yeah, Cosmic love, go check it out.
    ...you are a great arty type AND you have good taste in music?

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

... would those be hell-Lunars and hell-Sids, or underworld-Lunars and underworld-Sids?

I think having Lunars stay Lunars regardless of who they're working for makes sense. Adaptability is their thing, so adapting to being a servant of the Yozis shouldn't be too tricky for them. (Granted, they need to be at E4 to get Green Sun Child, and E6 for Essential Mirror Form, and I don't remember whether EMF lets them learn Yozi charms or they'd need something else for that).

Regular Sids are trying to figure out the Underworld's astrology so they can use it, though having some turn underworld-y due to improperly messing with the Calendar of Setesh, having a BEST IDEA EVER, etc. is viable. I haven't read the enormous homebrew MoEP: Nocturnals, but I think it could be used for hell-Sids since they apparently have a theme of defying fate and doing the impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Banned

...you are a great arty type AND you have good taste in music?
    I try
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    ... would those be hell-Lunars and hell-Sids, or underworld-Lunars and underworld-Sids?

I think having Lunars stay Lunars regardless of who they're working for makes sense. Adaptability is their thing, so adapting to being a servant of the Yozis shouldn't be too tricky for them. (Granted, they need to be at E4 to get Green Sun Child, and E6 for Essential Mirror Form, and I don't remember whether EMF lets them learn Yozi charms or they'd need something else for that).

Regular Sids are trying to figure out the Underworld's astrology so they can use it, though having some turn underworld-y due to improperly messing with the Calendar of Setesh, having a BEST IDEA EVER, etc. is viable. I haven't read the enormous homebrew MoEP: Nocturnals, but I think it could be used for hell-Sids since they apparently have a theme of defying fate and doing the impossible.
    Hell of course.
    Lunars staying the same makes sense but I think there should be a Knack or something mechanical that can represent Infernal affiliations.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty sure the only way for Lunars to learn Yozi charms is to get Akuma'd - only Solaroids can learn Yozi charms without selling their soul.

Of course if Lunar Exaltations got all corrupted by the Yozis that might change.

And they already have knacks that let them turn into demons.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2011-05-10 at 09:56 AM.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

There is a homebrew knack for red moon princesses. Lemme look.

Ayup.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

There is a homebrew knack for red moon princesses. Lemme look.

Ayup.
    Huh. Neat.

Hey, Lochar?

Take note of that knack.