New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] What Has Magic Done? My Little Pony, Without The Kiddy

"RECRUIT #2 HAS ALSO FAILED THE THIRD TEST CHAMBER FOR AGREEING TO THE ANALYSIS OF THE RECRUIT #1!"
    Tyrol also fell through the hole, and he fell and fell until he reached the observation deck where Zach was. Zach agained motioned for both him and Scarlet to hide behind his Large, Overstuffed chair. Luckily, Glados hadn't noticed either of the ponies yet.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Scarlet hides behind the chair, very confused.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Soft's Bar

Lone Star still couldn't lift himself off the ground, though he could move his eyes and speak. "So... know any good jokes?"
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-05-30 at 06:58 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #424

With Scarlet now hiding behind his chair, yet Tyrol not getting the memo, Zach stands up right as Glados looks behind her. In a flash he used his tail to unsheath one of his katanas, and then used his tail to throw the katana at Glados' throut. Glados fell dead on the spot. Zach sheathed his blade once more, and pushed Glados' body into the incinerator tube. Zach then grabbed Scarlet by the hand, and ran out of the door with her. He shouted back to Tyrol.
    "You stay here! Press the big green button to learn how to get Eric and Second Guess into the observation room! Now that I had to kill Glados, we have only one way we can announce the disbandment of Celestia's Resistance!"
    Zach lead Scarlet into a dressing room. He motioned for her to go behind a dressing screen, while handing her a wedding dress.
    "Change into that, and follow my lead once we get in there. We won't become officially married, don't worry, but we have no choice now, this is the last option. The only times Celestia's Resistance can be disbanded is either when we get new recruits, or when the current leader gets married. I didn't tell you about this option, because I truly hoped I didn't have to resort to it."
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

"...oh god no." she groans.
    But she DOES take the dress, and go behind the screen!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    With Scarlet now hiding behind his chair, yet Tyrol not getting the memo, Zach stands up right as Glados looks behind her. In a flash he used his tail to unsheath one of his katanas, and then used his tail to throw the katana at Glados' throut. Glados fell dead on the spot. Zach sheathed his blade once more, and pushed Glados' body into the incinerator tube. Zach then grabbed Scarlet by the hand, and ran out of the door with her. He shouted back to Tyrol.
    "You stay here! Press the big green button to learn how to get Eric and Second Guess into the observation room! Now that I had to kill Glados, we have only one way we can announce the disbandment of Celestia's Resistance!"
    Zach lead Scarlet into a dressing room. He motioned for her to go behind a dressing screen, while handing her a wedding dress.
    "Change into that, and follow my lead once we get in there. We won't become officially married, don't worry, but we have no choice now, this is the last option. The only times Celestia's Resistance can be disbanded is either when we get new recruits, or when the current leader gets married. I didn't tell you about this option, because I truly hoped I didn't have to resort to it."
    "Sir, you're definitely not making sense," Tyrol said as Zach left the room, confused. The whole thing was a big mess, as far as he can tell. He shrugged and pushed the green button as indicated.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-30 at 07:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427

Zach steps out of his screen, now wearing a tuxedo, his katanas now gone. As he fixes his tie, he looks over at Scarlet's screen, she should be out in any moment.
    "Um, everything okay over there?"
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Right when Tyrol pressed the Green button, cords dropped down, and suctioned onto his head. Information swam through his brain, he was now in control of the test chambers, and could bring Eric and Second Guess easly to the observation room, where Tyrol himself was right now.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-05-30 at 07:23 PM.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

She comes out in the dress, looking very pretty. Apart from the face like thunder.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Right when Tyrol pressed the Green button, cords dropped down, and suctioned onto his head. Information swam through his brain, he was now in control of the test chambers, and could bring Eric and Second Guess easly to the observation room, where Tyrol himself was right now.
    ((I'm thinking we should wait for Crisis21 before we get too far ahead?))

"Uh... okay." Tyrol struggled to make sense of the information being fed to him. He was just an ordinary guardpony after all, not a science pony made for Science!

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    She comes out in the dress, looking very pretty. Apart from the face like thunder.
    "Uhhhh, wow. Might I be the first to say that you look very,ummm what's the word, pretty."
    Zach then realizes that Eric and Second Guess and Tyrol needed to be here. After all, Zach needed a best Stallion, and Scarlet would need a Mare of honor to make this believeable.
    "*Sigh*, guess we have to wait for Tyrol, Eric, and Second Guess to get here. I need a best stallion, and you need a mare of honor. So, wanna play cards, or something?"
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie winces at Glados's death, but Zach wouldn't be able to tell that.

It's a bit of a shame there really is no such thing as a reset button and it's not possible to make. Smoothie says sadly.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-30 at 07:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Bugbear in the Playground

((I'm going to take a stab at the nature of the third room and say that it's an illusion.))

Eric blinked when two of the group were failed in as many seconds after entering the third room and dropped out of sight.

"Fantastic, a test with a sense of humor," he muttered.

Figuring that this was an elaborate illusion, and having no way of knowing what was happening in the control room, he signaled silently for Second Guess to try and dispel any illusions in the room.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

"Uhhhh, wow. Might I be the first to say that you look very,ummm what's the word, pretty."
    Zach then realizes that Eric and Second Guess and Tyrol needed to be here. After all, Zach needed a best Stallion, and Scarlet would need a Mare of honor to make this believeable.
    "*Sigh*, guess we have to wait for Tyrol, Eric, and Second Guess to get here. I need a best stallion, and you need a mare of honor. So, wanna play cards, or something?"
    "Of course I look pretty." she mumbles with irritation. "I thought you said you'd heard of me?"

She takes a deep breath, and then sighs. "...sure. Why not. Cards."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Soft's Bar

Lone Star still couldn't lift himself off the ground, though he could move his eyes and speak. "So... know any good jokes?"
    Aero Naught had quaffed the root beer and was now numbing a bump on his head with the ice. He looked at the pony on the ground and decided to oblige him with a joke. Not a good one, mind you...

"What's blue and smells like red paint? Blue paint." He chuckled, but not because there was anything very funny about that pun. "I'm sorry." Aero reached down to help him up. "Would you settle for a fortune telling instead of a halfway decent joke?"

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Aero Naught had quaffed the root beer and was now numbing a bump on his head with the ice. He looked at the pony on the ground and decided to oblige him with a joke. Not a good one, mind you...

"What's blue and smells like red paint? Blue paint." He chuckled, but not because there was anything very funny about that pun. "I'm sorry." Aero reached down to help him up. "Would you settle for a fortune telling instead of a halfway decent joke?"
    My sister does fortune telling too y'know. she says pointing to the solid metal door.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd settle for the ability to move my legs. Or failing that, have that blasted 3-week old order come in... Or even the one i made today." Lone Star grumbled. "Soft, are you sure that thing just gives you a sugar rush?"

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd settle for the ability to move my legs. Or failing that, have that blasted 3-week old order come in... Or even the one i made today." Lone Star grumbled. "Soft, are you sure that thing just gives you a sugar rush?"
    Well, it also gives you an awesome rush, but you not being able to move your legs is entirely unrelated to either of those things. She tells him.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star chuckled. "Well yeah, ok, the rush was awesome, but i don't-" He stopped, anmd thought for a moment. Then, very slowly, asked... "... There wasn't any wheat in there, was there?"
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-05-30 at 10:31 PM.

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Not unless somepony else put it in there. I don't put anything besides soda, Sugar, and liquid awesome in there. she responds.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    My sister does fortune telling too y'know. she says pointing to the solid metal door.
    Aero peered at it, then turned back to her. "So I take it your town isn't wanting for somepony who can read the Arcana?"

"What's this about an order?" If the trip wasn't too far, he might be able to fly far enough to retrieve it.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-05-30 at 10:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star blinked and looked at his front legs, still bandaged up. "... So why can't i move my legs?"

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Aero peered at it, then turned back to her. "So I take it your town isn't wanting for somepony who can read the Arcana?"
    Nope. Plus she's got that creepy mystifying and ominous thing going on for her. Soft says. I'm sure she'd be willing to read your future if you wanted her to. Soft says.

Lone Star blinked and looked at his front legs, still bandaged up. "... So why can't i move my legs?"
    Soft shrugs and says No darn clue.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    ((I'm going to take a stab at the nature of the third room and say that it's an illusion.))

Eric blinked when two of the group were failed in as many seconds after entering the third room and dropped out of sight.

"Fantastic, a test with a sense of humor," he muttered.

Figuring that this was an elaborate illusion, and having no way of knowing what was happening in the control room, he signaled silently for Second Guess to try and dispel any illusions in the room.
    [Tyrol, plugged into... the Labs]

The guardspony slowly played with the all the equipment he suddenly had access to. Hm, what does this do... An entire room in the Test Chambers suddenly collapsed, crushing everything underneath. Tyrol winced, and hoped nopony was inside.

Uh... ok. How about this? The floor opened up around Eric and Second Guess, leaving both standing on an island. Ah screw this. I'll just talk to them directly and hopefully figure out a way to get them down.

"Sir? It's me, Tyrol. Uhh... I think you need to jump down. It's leads down to where I am." he said, channeling his voice to the speakers where Eric and Second Guess was.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-31 at 12:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    [Tyrol, plugged into... the Labs]

The guardspony slowly played with the all the equipment he suddenly had access to. Hm, what does this do... An entire room in the Test Chambers suddenly collapsed, crushing everything underneath. Tyrol winced, and hoped nopony was inside.

Uh... ok. How about this? The floor opened up around Eric and Second Guess, leaving both standing on an island. Ah screw this. I'll just talk to them directly and hopefully figure out a way to get them down.

"Sir? It's me, Tyrol. Uhh... I think you need to jump down. It's leads down to where I am." he said, channeling his voice to the speakers where Eric and Second Guess was.
    Eric shrugged on hearing Tyrol's voice and leaped into the pit, accompanied by Second's half indignant, half panicked, "sir!"

A few seconds later, he had landed in the room with Tyrol.

"Well, whaddya know? it worked," he said upon seeing Tyrol at the control board. He got up and brushed himself off before walking over to the other pony.

"Hey, Second, jump on in, it's fine!" Eric called into the same device that Tyrol had used to project his voice.

A few moments later, Second Guess also landed in the room. "With all due respect, sir, you're crazy," he said to Eric.

"Yep!" Eric responded cheerfully.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Eric shrugged on hearing Tyrol's voice and leaped into the pit, accompanied by Second's half indignant, half panicked, "sir!"

A few seconds later, he had landed in the room with Tyrol.

"Well, whaddya know? it worked," he said upon seeing Tyrol at the control board. He got up and brushed himself off before walking over to the other pony.

"Hey, Second, jump on in, it's fine!" Eric called into the same device that Tyrol had used to project his voice.

A few moments later, Second Guess also landed in the room. "With all due respect, sir, you're crazy," he said to Eric.

"Yep!" Eric responded cheerfully.
    Tyrol quickly unplugged the cords from his head, now that the two was down here with him. The foreign feeling his head disappeared, and he sighed with relief. Tyrol found the sensation of being in control of an entire building... disturbing and alien.

"Good to see you, sir. The resistance leader and Scarlet went that way, through that door. I'm not sure why though," Tyrol scratched his head sheepishly.

26. - Top - End - #446

Tyrol quickly unplugged the cords from his head, now that the two was down here with him. The foreign feeling his head disappeared, and he sighed with relief. Tyrol found the sensation of being in control of an entire building... disturbing and alien.

"Good to see you, sir. The resistance leader and Scarlet went that way, through that door. I'm not sure why though," Tyrol scratched his head sheepishly.
    "If I had to hazard a guess as to why," Eric said, smiling, "it's because the original plan fell through, hard, and we need a new one fast."

With that, Eric marched over to the indicated door and opened it, walking out to search for Zach and Scarlet, certain the other two would follow him.

When he found Zach and Scarlet, they were playing cards and wearing what was obviously wedding attire.

"And when were you two going to tell me this was all a plot to help you elope?"

Eric was in a stance that might have looked stern and foreboding, if he wasn't obviously trying desperately to keep himself from laughing.

((Deadtiming for the night.))
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

27. - Top - End - #447

"If I had to hazard a guess as to why," Eric said, smiling, "it's because the original plan fell through, hard, and we need a new one fast."

With that, Eric marched over to the indicated door and opened it, walking out to search for Zach and Scarlet, certain the other two would follow him.

When he found Zach and Scarlet, they were playing cards and wearing what was obviously wedding attire.

"And when were you two going to tell me this was all a plot to help you elope?"

Eric was in a stance that might have looked stern and foreboding, if he wasn't obviously trying desperately to keep himself from laughing.

((Deadtiming for the night.))
    "Go ahead, laugh, it's the only backup plan I have since I had to kill Glados since Scarlet and Tyrol failed the third test."
    he stood up from his cards and handed Eric a tuxedo.
    "Put that on. Now, someone has to pretend to be a mare of honor, and a minister."
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills/Bar

It took a while but after dropping the indoor temperature five degrees, Grills had enough energy to move and talk. In Fetlock tradition, I am buying everypony a drink before I leave. His voice was too strained ro sound like a joyful yell. More like a pained rumble. The brown pony reached into his saddlebag and dropped enough bits to fill all. At home everypony would gasp as this is an act of a colt who accepted his chances of death but this ain't Mt Fetlock.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills/Bar

It took a while but after dropping the indoor temperature five degrees, Grills had enough energy to move and talk. In Fetlock tradition, I am buying everypony a drink before I leave. His voice was too strained ro sound like a joyful yell. More like a pained rumble. The brown pony reached into his saddlebag and dropped enough bits to fill all. At home everypony would gasp as this is an act of a colt who accepted his chances of death but this ain't Mt Fetlock.
    [Icy Touch]

The blue mare didn't notice the drop in temperature, so used she was to cold conditions that a laughable five degrees was hardly noticable. She did however notice the drunk was offering to buy everyone a drink. Icy nodded her head appreciatively, but otherwise said nothing.

"Go ahead, laugh, it's the only backup plan I have since I had to kill Glados since Scarlet and Tyrol failed the third test."
    he stood up from his cards and handed Eric a tuxedo.
    "Put that on. Now, someone has to pretend to be a mare of honor, and a minister."
    [Tyrol]

"What third test?" Tyrol asked, confused. The guardspony certainly felt way out of his depth here, only partially understanding what was happening around him.

"I'll be the minister if you don't mind," he glanced at Second Guess, a ghost of a smile on his face. "I don't make a good mare of honour."
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-31 at 09:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450

[Tyrol]

"What third test?" Tyrol asked, confused. The guardspony certainly felt way out of his depth here, only partially understanding what was happening around him.

"I'll be the minister if you don't mind," he glanced at Second Guess, a ghost of a smile on his face. "I don't make a good mare of honour."

"The one to make us think that we'd passed when we hadn't yet,"
    Eric said, referring to the fake room that had made Scarlet think it was over.

"I'd volunteer to be the Mare of Honor, but anyone with two brain cells to rub together is going to realize I'm not a filly. Same with Second here," he continued, gesturing to the other guardspony.

"Could you pull off an illusion like that?" he asked Second.

"Visual, sure," the illusionist guard replied. He did not look happy with the idea of being the mare of honor. "Auditory..... maybe."

"Well, unless anypony has a better idea, that's what we're going with."
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-05-31 at 10:02 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!