New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Mind sharing what you can kill like the rest of us, Mangosta?
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

What's the point? Would you believe me if I claimed?

I've already been judged and condemned.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #843

Well, I guess my gut was wrong about the reasoning there. *Heads Desk*

Huh, I'm definitely voting mangosta71.

*goes off to find role pm e-mail notification to find out what I can kill*
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delete it Grimmace. I've stopped myself saying similar already. It's for living players to find out.
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-09-14 at 05:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

*waves at the dead people*

"Tidus begins the game in contact with Yuna." From the role description on the first page.

(I was about to make a gloating comment there and realized I wouldn't much like to be on the other side of this situation and be gloated at.)

6. - Top - End - #846
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Tidus begins the game in contact with Yuna.

Yuna begins the game in contact with Tidus.
    Straight from the, pardon the pun, horse's mouth.

Mangosta71 now that the votes are closer, I really want to see who you are.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. I missed that when I read through them. Too much work, too little sleep for the past couple weeks.

Anyway, you guys want to know what I can beat? So do I. I got weapon morphed night 5. The only reason I knew I could kill the sand worm was that I started the game with an antarctic wind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

8. - Top - End - #848

Well, it is a bit later than asked, but I can kill, Flan and Zuu.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Mangosta are you sure you've been weapon morphed? I might have to reconsider something if that's the case.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-09-15 at 05:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Day over, update to follow in a while.

V
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-09-16 at 05:26 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #851
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dead] Wait... wasn't it day? I'm so confused... *Rolls in his grave* [/Dead]

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

The refugees were desperate,, today the decision was quick. If many more lives were lost the whole of Spira would be forfeit.

Mangosta.

Suspicious gazes focus on the man, who bristles under the unwanted attention.

“What? Am I alone responsible for our summoners death? None of us could protect her from all this forever…no-one. I killed a Sandworm of razor sharp glass for you people, and this is how you repay me?”

The crowds faces are hard, unmoving. They have made their minds up, for better or worse.

“A final trick of Kuja’s maybe, to gain our trust. Maybe the Cactuar can turn you into a pin cushion and answer our question for us.”

Mangosta smirks and draws the same heavy sword that shattered his previous foe. It doesn’t look fast enough to best the Cactuar, but then again, nothing in the last few weeks has turned out to be what it seemed.

“Unlikely. Cactuars are a pest, nothing more than a particularly bristly rat. Your grandmothers could take care of this wretch with their eyes closed.”

Mangosta turns and faces the bobbing Cactuar, and darts purposefully into range. The creature whistles and as expected throws out a fusillade of wickedly sharp needles. Fortunately Mangosta expects them as well. Bringing his heavy blade around in a sweeping arc, he deflects the rain of death back at the bristling plant with a flourish and a muttered word under his breath. Cactuars are fast, but even they aren’t fast enough to dodge their own deadly attacks. The creature is immediately lost in a shower of its own needles.

“I however, prefer to keep my eyes open. I suggest the rest of you do the same, both night and day.”

The victorious warrior stalks back to his tent, shoulders hunched.

“Try again tomorrow if you must, I’m sure nothing I can say or do will change your minds.”

Summary

Mangosta71 defeated the Cactuar.

Night 14 begins now and will end on Monday

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Considering that my role PM says Ochu and Bomb, yeah, I'm pretty sure. The PM I got saying that my encounters had been changed was a pretty good tipoff, too. Unfortunately, I don't know what they were changed to.

Well, other than one is apparently Cactuar.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Considering that my role PM says Ochu and Bomb, yeah, I'm pretty sure. The PM I got saying that my encounters had been changed was a pretty good tipoff, too. Unfortunately, I don't know what they were changed to.

Well, other than one is apparently Cactuar.
    "Weapon Morph – Kadaj can pick a target to have the type of encounters they can defeat randomised, and the new selection will be permanent, unless Kadaj targets the same player again. The target will not be made aware that they have been targeted, or what their new defeatable encounters are."

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Would you mind not reading the rules any more? It makes it hard to get away with this stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Would you mind not reading the rules any more? It makes it hard to get away with this stuff.
    Said with dignity, wit, and style.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Night over, update to follow later today.

18. - Top - End - #858

Bye guys.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Tidus slept at the camp now, hoping that the Fayth would stop their daydreams so he could once more fade into oblivion. After all, he had failed to protect Yuna, and without her he had nothing to live for. Hell, there wasn’t even a blitzball team anymore. Maybe tonight would be the night the Fayth ceased dreaming.

“Here’s to hoping.” He said, and drifted into nightmare-laden sleep, where Yuna died over and over again, and every time he was helpless to save her.

Mercy comes in many shapes. Sometimes it comes in the shape of a blade.

Yazoo and Sephiroth stalked silently through the abandoned tents and drifting sands, intent on their target. They found Tidus writhing in the mouth of a tent, the long watery blade of the Brotherhood half covered by sand near his hand. Sephiroth hunkered down and retrieved the blade, standing back to beckon Yazoo forward. The smaller Remnant loomed over the prone man, stifling the mad giggles and laughter that pressed at his lips to escape. It was so close, he couldn’t fail Mother now.

He waited for Sephiroth’s signal.

“Wake up!”

Tidus opened his eyes to find the gaping barrel of Yazoo’s gun inches from his face. He grasped for the blade that should have been beside him, finding only sand. The last thing he saw before blessed oblivion was the One Winged Angel over Yazoo’s shoulder, spinning the Brotherhood between his slender hands.

Yazoo pulled the trigger, and the Fayth ceased their dreams.

“Not again! You can’t do this, this is enough!”

The voice came from behind Sephiroth, close and laden with the false bravado of extreme fear. He sighed and whirled around, bringing his blade up to clash with the blow aimed straight across his neck.

“Oh TsukikoJ, must you really throw away your life like this? I have bested the finest warriors Spira has to offer, night after blood drenched night.”

Sephiroth pressed forward, forcing the smaller man off balance. Gritting his teeth, TsukikoJ growled and redoubled his efforts.

“Someone has to do something…this…isn’t over!”

Suddenly Sephiroth's blade wasn’t there, and Tsukiko found himself pushing against empty air. He tried to right himself and failed, staggering forward. Sephiroth loomed behind him and plunged his blade right thorugh his torso.

“I’m afraid it is, my poor Spiran.”

Sephiroth smiled and gave his blade a final vicious twist, laughing as TsukikoJ slid off it and into the growing pool of blood at his feet.

“I think you’ll find we’ve already won!”

The next morning the remains of the refugee camp are awoken by an immense sound that bypasses their ears and vibrates straight through their insides. For a moment you think that the comet has hit the beach, that the Remnants have grown tired of their games and decided to end it there and then. But the comet still hangs fatefully in the brightening sky, watching the latest twist unfold.

The roar and vibration intensifies as a ragged looking ship rises from behind a rocky outcropping far out to sea. Once a vessel designed for the oceans, the Al-Bhed’s Salvage Ship now has the whole of the sky and the space beyond it to explore. Carefully modified to escape the atmosphere of doomed Spira, the craft soars into the early morning sky, and is soon lost amongst the ugly grey rainclouds. The Al Bhed have set off for pastures new, and left the Remnants to their deadly games.

No sooner has the ship left than another object in the sky makes itself known. The Remnant’s hovering comet pulses once with malevolent crimson light, and when the glow fades a new threat writhes amongst the few remaining survivors clinging to existence on the blasted beach. A Marlboro chitters and sways amongst the half-collapsed tents and abandoned supplies. It pulls its gaping maw into a predatory grin and slithers forward, ready to spill its vile putrescence on the first to oppose it.

There are so few of you left to face the foe, is anyone still capable of defeating it?

Summary

Ramsus was voided by Sephiroth, then killed. He was Tidus!

TsukikoJ was personally killed by Sephiroth. He was a Spiran Civilian.

Billtodamax (Brother) and V.Z. (Cid) finished modifying the Salvage Ship and escaped Spira, earning their victory condition!

A Marlboro has drifted down on the red pulses from the comet, ready to slay the few remaining survivors.

Remaining Players:

Dragoon
    Fin
    Gray Mage
    Khal
    Mangosta71
    RogueNine
    The Phantom

Players at risk of autolynch unless they vote today:

Khal

Day 15 begins now and ends on Wednesday
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-09-19 at 07:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Pixie in the Playground

It's lynch or lose today gentlemen. Mangosta71 lied about being weapon morphed and all but confirmed he was remnant. Let's hope he cannot beat Sand Worms, Cactaurs, AND Marlboros.

EDIT: PM'd Khal to freakin' vote already.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-09-19 at 10:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

Mangosta71 cause of the fact that I think he is a remnant. I am too tired to essentially repeat the above argument...
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

*snerk* Maybe you should try some day I can't beat the encounter, Rogue Nine. Though I'd love to actually get my hands on Brotherhood so it's even harder to kill me...
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, figures the voiding the beast thing works the way it most favors the wolves and least favors town.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Oh, figures the voiding the beast thing works the way it most favors the wolves and least favors town.
    You mean, the way voiding any ability ever does?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Pixie in the Playground

*snerk* Maybe you should try some day I can't beat the encounter, Rogue Nine. Though I'd love to actually get my hands on Brotherhood so it's even harder to kill me...
    Mmm. Nice bluff. Almost made me change my mind.

Anyone else want to vote for me and come out as the other Remnant?

Hey Banjo, I wrote this up if you want to incorporate it into my inevitable death:

Spoiler
    Show
    Edgar (Rogue Nine) knew his time was near. He sat in his tent, unconsciously closing and opening his pocket watch. He hadn't done what was foretold, he hadn't really helped save Spira at all, only barely postponed the end. They were too strong. But he would make them pay. Or at least give them a fight they'd remember. The time read 6:10:50 and he smiles grimly. Fitting, really. He pulls his favorite weapon out from under his cot and holds his breath, not making a sound.

Listening. Waiting.

His tent flap twitches with the barest whisper. With a sigh- of resignation, or of joy no one but he would ever know- he lowers his mask, fires up the beast and charges.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, you already have it? Oh well. Guess I'll just have to kill you tonight and hope for another Marlboro tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mangosta71, and I hope this works.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    You mean, the way voiding any ability ever does?
    Pretty much, as far as night action flow goes, night kills happen last, so they're affected by all other night actions i.e. the void.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

I was referring to voiding a beast during the night making their power not work at night where it favors the wolves but it doesn't make that power not work during the following day where it would favor town. I'll elaborate on this topic more post game.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Well there's 4+1 wolves and 2 beasts on Town side.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.