New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

I take somebody started with Monster Whistle? Otherwise, I'm left quite clueless as to how it can be used... But anyway.

Your friendly neighbor Wakka speaking. I have no real plan, other than the one that was laid down before the game even started and no, you can't know what it is. But you can probably guess it.

To any Spiran power role out there, especially Lulu/Kimarhi. I don't expect you to contact me, but if one of you could scry me, that would be nice. Hopefully, not both of you will do it on the same night, but I'll leave it to your own device.

To Auron. I don't expect you to bane me. In fact, I would prefer if you don't bane me.

To Cid. You are the only one I would really like to speak with.

To the Remnants. Come and get me, if you dare.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2011-07-08 at 10:21 AM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I take somebody started with Monster Whistle? Otherwise, I'm left quite clueless as to how it can be used... But anyway.
    At the start of the game several items were in play across the player base. The Monster Whistle was one of those. That's as much information as anyone is going to get.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Fair enough, just let me know what you want to do when you make a decision. It's inevitable someone will autolynch at some point, so don't worry too much about Mustiado. My favourite cowboy will get in the game eventually.
    Alright, well now that you've gotten me killed in Classic, I think I'll stick around. I just wasn't able to really get into two big games at once. My interest in this growing anyways.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-07-08 at 01:00 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isa solemnly helped collect the dead cadet's belongings, carefully wrapping them in a kerchief to give to his family. Handing that duty off to someone else, she sat in the dirt and began playing the same sad song she played for her lost parents. Flashes of the cadet in life, his smug grin, the way he threw his head back when he laughed, the flexing he did in front of pretty young girls, all was seen by the villagers. Those who knew him in life mourned his loss while smiling at him trying to balance on his head. Those who didn't know him suddenly wished they had.

((Can I go ahead and request to be the official bard of this game? If it looks like you are going to be selected for a lynching, let me know your fave song so I can ding it for you to inspire bravery!))
    Last edited by Diva De; 2011-07-09 at 07:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Nice to see Fleeing Coward survived.

There was discord among the people. That was good.
    As the village fled, one villager had stood his ground, and had elected to fight the vile creature. Instead, the villager turned upon another, electing to sacrifice one they thought would be unable to defend himself. But then a second creature came, and the unable villager stood triumphant, while the hero was overwhelmed and slain. The brave villager had fallen, and now the fleeing coward stood in his place. That was good. It was excellent. It was perfect.

Few things pleased him more than discord. Nothing pleased him more than heroes dying.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

The chocobo and rider glide through the forest, headed towards the town of Besaid to offer what help they could. With the edge of the forest in site, the rider spurs his mount on. Suddenly the Behemoth chooses to strike, taking the Chocobo out with a pounce and throwing the rider into the air.

Unable to control his fall, Edgar lands with a thud. He quickly draws his auto-crossbow, firing at the beast before it eats his mount.

The Behemoth shrugs off the arrows, but turns to look at this new threat... or rather new meal. It charges, and Edgar falters, knowing this could be the end. But inspiration strikes, and he quickly draws his Noiseblaster. He plugs his ears and cranks the amp to 11...

With a blast of pure noise the Behemoth stops in its tracks, but quickly regains its senses. The attack had no effect! With a single swipe, it claws Edgar, sending him flying, out of the forest and landing with a *slam* in the center of town. Instead of following, the beast returns to its easier meal.

Edgar tries to sit up and look around. The crowd of Spirans was sparse since most were hiding in their homes.

"Anyone *cough* got a potion?"

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

7. - Top - End - #157

I'll be away until the 22nd (or thereabouts), and while I might be able to get a vote in, it would be great if you could not auto-lynch, lynch, or NK me.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Message received Bill.

Night phase over, update later today.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

The funeral for Otakuryoga concluded, and the residents of Besaid filtered back towards their homes in pairs and small groups, their thoughts dark and conversations muted. The Behemoth still lurked somewhere out amongst the trees, and somewhere out there the Remnants went about their evil work.

Fleeing Coward walked back to his hut alone, hurrying along on legs that still were not quite steady after his near death experience that afternoon. He looked around in all directions as he walked, every shadow an enemy, every whisper on the wind a Remnant plot. He owed the dead cadet his life, it was certain, but to his growing horror he realised that what he appreciated most was that it wasn’t he who had died. He would have to run quicker next time, that way the blood of another have-a-go hero would not be on his hands.

He came upon his house as full darkness fell, peering over his shoulder even as he messed with the lock. Finally he wrestled open the door, closing and locking it behind him.

There was a lantern lit in the kitchen.

“H-hello?”

He lived alone, and had enough ability with elemental flame to be diligent about snuffing fire risks before leaving the house. He took a faltering step towards the light, his already unsteady legs turning to jelly.

“A-anyone here? I killed the Ochu, so you’d better watch yourself!”

One more step. Another. He was almost at the archway to the kitchen when he realised there was no-one inside.

“Boo.”

He didn’t even have the chance to turn around. Loz rammed his gauntleted hand into his back and activated the materia, throwing Fleeing Coward bodily into the kitchen and through a table. The Remnants strode forward and plucked the dazed Spiran out of the wreckage, lifting him off the floor easily with one hand. Smiling with every sign of enjoyment, he put his gauntlet against the side of Fleeing Coward’s head.

“Lights out little bird.”

The next morning the residents of Besaid found Cowards headless body in the centre of the village square, propped up against a part built market stall. The day was better, almost sunny, but a cloudy mood pervaded over everyone as they came to terms with the task of burying another of their dead.

At least, that was until little green tendrils began to snake their way out of the gaping wound that had replaced Coward’s head.

“Oh gods not again!”

Unfortunately that seems to be the case, and the Remnants have sent you another little Ochu to play with. I guess if it works once it should probably work again. But who will be the hero today?

Summary

Fleeing Coward was killed by the Remnants. He was a Spiran Civilian.

An Ochu is beginning to sprout from Fleeing Coward's earthly remains. Blame the dice roller!

The following players must vote today or be autolynched:

I’m Da Rogue
    Orzel
    The Fiery Tower
    Thufir

Day 2 begins now and ends on Wednesday
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-07-11 at 08:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

WW Classic - killed Night 1
    Phantom WW - killed Night 1
    FF WW - killed Night 1
    It might just be me but I think I'm starting to see a pattern here
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    WW Classic - killed Night 1
    Phantom WW - killed Night 1
    FF WW - killed Night 1
    It might just be me but I think I'm starting to see a pattern here
    ((If you live past night 1 you're a wolf?))

Edgar's healing wounds aside, he struggles to his feet when he hears the town is under attack by another Ochu.

Sir, you can't! Even at full strength you couldn't defeat it, and you are in no shape to even try!

I must. Who else will be brave enough to stop it? Dragoon? Edgar falters and covers his stomach with his arm in pain. When he pulls it back, it is covered in blood- his wounds had reopened. On second thought, maybe I should rest. With that, he passes out.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

12. - Top - End - #162

((sorry, no rp for now - one vote for Reinholdt ))

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Carbuncle had trouble sleeping the previous night with The Phantom whispers of villainous movements in the night. Or perhaps because it hadn't found any place better to sleep than on a thatched roof. It felt all ichy now. It flew around the village and noticed the blossoming Ochu. It decided to watch the events....from somewhere high up and out of the way. It wouldn't want to impede anyone trying to kill it. Especially not by being eaten.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Reinholdt because i'm being petty.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

15. - Top - End - #165

Flashbullets. Never go anywhere without them, as without using them, Logos would have never have gotten past the Behemoth. Now, since the conditions are not right for the reason he came here, logic says that the people making the conditions wrongs have to go. (Internet Flea)

16. - Top - End - #166

Isa points a wavering finger at Fin, not trusting him. He gave her the creeps.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

17. - Top - End - #167

Sea sang shanties
    Heavenly habitat hallowed
    Elusive enlightenment effervescent
    Dead dirge delivered

Quiet warbling whispers hung around the hunched broken figure who hung from the bough of the mighty oak. He swayed in the breeze like some sort of demented swing; his arms extended beneath, knuckles brushing the crown of the soil with each pass.

From frothing Fabul
    Eviscerating eternal enchantments
    Avenging adroit aldermen
    They thrust toward

How long had he been there? None could say. He had appeared one day after the fall of Sin; a broken thing on a broken world that thought itself at last whole. He had been among the Al Bhed; had studied them as they studied him in turn.

And now he was here, little more than a flea hopping about, singing nonsense songs upside down in a tree in a garden in a place of no account.

But that was changing.

((Internet Flea))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I'll point at Fin
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

Two attempted bandwagons against me in as many days. I'm growing suspicious of this.

It was ruined. The night had undone all the gains of yesterday. The coward was dead. The discord was gone, replaced by useless fear. The white-haired fiends had ruined everything.

He felt his knuckles tighten. He watched them turn white. There was meaning in that. The Remnants had made the first blow. He would make the next. The Remnants thrived on fear, but hatred would conquer fear. Hatred conquered all.

But there was another meaning. His hands still reacted by instinct. He had forgotten what instinct felt like. He had forgotten who he was. But there was still hope. There was still the chance to remember what living meant.

A smile curled his lips. He had a body again. It was his. It was more than his; it was him. He was not there, but the body was him.

Perhaps it was time to test it. It was fragile, but so were the humans. So were the Remnants. He wondered how much damage this body could do. He wondered how much pain it could inflict.

Perhaps Helgraf would learn.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Internet Flea because I'm not sure whose good or bad right now.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

My dice seem to think I should take this one. After the events of the previous Day phase, I'm not sure if I should go with that or re-roll...

I'm thinking re-roll.

Second attempt at random: bladescape
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'm going with Internet Flea.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Mid-day Update

12/36 votes in.

Current vote leaders to face the Ochu:

Internet Flea - 4
    Reinholdt - 2
    Fin - 2

Orzel, The Fiery Tower and Thufir ar still up for autolynch.

Billtodamax has posted an away message, and is therefore protected from autolynch.

Mustiado, you may have to be prepared to join the fray Day 3!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Fin. Because if I don't vote for you in this game, I may never have a chance to vote for you ever again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clouds head swam...yeah. Definetly too much.

A remedy should cure all ills!

*Chug*

---

...all ills save hangovers apparently. Drat. Looks like i'll be out of the action for a while. ThePhantoms had better not attack while I sleep this off!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Reinholdt*

For aboveness and a tie for second

EDIT: *shakes fist at Qwaz*
    Last edited by Aemoh; 2011-07-12 at 02:26 PM.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    EDIT: *shakes fist at Qwaz*
    Shake quieter please...some of us have hangovers here

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lamech for bandwagoning and also that quote in his signature.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

I vote for Diva De to face Ochu today.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

The orphan scurried away from his usual begging spot as the market was again beset by monsters. He paused as he turned a corner. I didn't see Thufir yesterday...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.