New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Day over, update to follow later today.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

The Zuu rebounds off another hut, shattering the wall and half collapsing the structure, and finally manages to get its huge clawed feet underneath it. It shrieks and buffets its wings, leaving ugly grazes in the wall on either side of the alley and sending civilians staggering away in the vortex of wind it creates. Craning its sinuous neck up to the sky, it shrieks again and peers around for a space large enough to allow take-off.

Two people stand at the end of the alleyway, their argument cut off by the Zuu’s disastrous flight. Tilt turns to Murska and points at the massive raptor.

“You say you are not one of the grey-haired beasts, yet my auguries and instincts say otherwise. Best this bird then, and prove your loyalty to our village and our world.”

Murska smirks, and unsheathes the huge great sword strapped across his back.

“I’ll slay your turkey, but don’t pretend that my actions will clear me. This proves my combat prowess and regard for my continued existence, nothing more.”

Without another word Murska pivots and charges headlong at the Zuu, massive blade held high and back ready to strike. With the larger airborne creatures it was all about getting them out of the sky, then stopping them from getting back up again. The Zuu had done him the favour of landing itself; he just had to hit it before it took flight once more.

The Zuu saw the oncoming threat and again put its wings in motion, an awkward and messy task in such a cramped area. It would never fly from such a place, but if it could gain enough height to bring its huge claws to bear it would be dangerous indeed.

True to his word, Murska never gave it a chance.

Slowing only a little from a full speed bull-rush, Murska skidded to a halt scant few yards from the bird. The Zuu ‘s ugly head shot out towards him on its uncoiling neck as its sought its opponents delicate eyes with its razor sharp beak. With its head only inches from his Murska finally bought his sword around in a fast rising arc, making contact with the beasts outstretched neck.

“Thundaga!”

A thrum of electricity surged through Murska’s blade and into the Zuu even as the wound began to open. The strike alone would have been enough to decapitate the creature, but he was always one to make a show.

The Zuu’s head exploded.

The monsters body tensed then sagged to the floor of the alley, blood fountaining from its writhing neck. Murska sheathed his sword and walked back towards Tilt and the square beyond, where many of Besaid’s civilians had gathered to watch the violence. He stopped in front of Tilt, covered in blood and not caring as bright red rivulets flowed down his cheeks and hands. After all, it wasn’t his.

“The Remnants are amongst us, but it will take more than a mere bird to flush them out. A pity, I’d like to test my blade against them.”

Murska shoulders his way through the gawping crowd without another word, leaving Tilt and the watching crowd to consider if the day has told them anything at all.

Summary

Murska defeated the Zuu.

Night 3 begins now and will end approx 10am (BST) on Wednesday

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Huh. Yazoo can only kill two encounters, but I suppose it might've been either bad luck or item interference.

Anyway, there's still a 50% chance I'm a claimed true town seer, so I'd strongly suggest that I be baned tonight.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I'm four votes ahead of the closest bandwagon, so it seems likely that I die today. So I'm here's an infodump for town's benefit. I'm the villager seer (or the fool). Sorry I didn't have time to claim earlier or in a more subtle fashion.

I have scried Murska as the devil (Yazoo).

If you guys have time to turn the bandwagon around, lynching Murska first would be good -- if he's the devil, I'm the seer and you should protect me. If he's not, I'm the fool (or a lying wolf) and you can lynch me.

If against all odds I survive this day, I'd encourage villager baners to bane me.

(Also, avatar: not an Angry Bird.)
    You are a liar or a fool. The latter, in more ways than one.

The wolves have a disguise, do they not? There is no possible situation in which Yazoo would scry as Yazoo, being the only one the Remnants cannot afford to lose.

I am a Civilian, and you claimed to save yourself, just happening to accuse the one closest to you in votes, late in the day when you by your own words feared it would be too late? A move of desperation, not the calculated decision a Seer would do. Plus, you would have had a proxy by now, and even if you didn't, you'd have PMd somebody you thought likely to be trustworthy, such as Mordokai who had claimed Mason, and told them to proxy for you.

It is especially suspect since you accused me when I was away and unable to defend myself in any way.

I call it now, here we have either a Remnant or a Neutral.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Auron, if you feel bold enough, I would really like a word or two with you now.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isa stifles a scream as the giant bird destroys a home before Murska challenges it. She doesn't even notice the fight, her gaze locked on the crumbling ruins of what was once a home - her home. The house where she had grown up, the home that contained their business as well as their beds - gone. Her knees weak, Isa crumples to the ground and sobs. At 19, she had never spent a night away from home, aside from the month she spent training as a bard in the capital. Memories of meals, birthdays, holidays - all flashed before her eyes and then were gone. Unable to speak the words that - to her - would make it real, Isa looked at her neighbors, tearful green eyes silently begging someone to offer her a place to stay.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I am a Civilian, and you claimed to save yourself, just happening to accuse the one closest to you in votes, late in the day when you by your own words feared it would be too late? A move of desperation, not the calculated decision a Seer would do. Plus, you would have had a proxy by now, and even if you didn't, you'd have PMd somebody you thought likely to be trustworthy, such as Mordokai who had claimed Mason, and told them to proxy for you.
    This is my third WW game, and my first with anything resembling the standard town-vs-wolves setup. I don't know all the standard ploys.

Besides, getting a seer role doesn't magically grant me more time to devote to calculated decisions, that's nonsense. I wasn't able to react to the situation until it was already desperate, at which point a desperate move was appropriate.

There is of course a 50% chance I'm the Fool, though.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    You are a liar or a fool. The latter, in more ways than one.
    Ouch! Burn-sauce

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    Isa stifles a scream as the giant bird destroys a home before Murska challenges it. She doesn't even notice the fight, her gaze locked on the crumbling ruins of what was once a home - her home. The house where she had grown up, the home that contained their business as well as their beds - gone. Her knees weak, Isa crumples to the ground and sobs. At 19, she had never spent a night away from home, aside from the month she spent training as a bard in the capital. Memories of meals, birthdays, holidays - all flashed before her eyes and then were gone. Unable to speak the words that - to her - would make it real, Isa looked at her neighbors, tearful green eyes silently begging someone to offer her a place to stay.
    Down the street, the hunched figure meanders, as though unaware of the many dangers around it. He twisted and tangled, slipped and sprung. Turning a crazed cartwheel, he came to find himself before a memoria of sorrow. Paused, he, tilted head to one side as he regarded the wren.

"Shells break so that new birds may fly. A nest is a nest for the birds within; not for the twigs and leaves that weave it."

"Can you sing, pretty wren, when all is smoke and ashes?"
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Tilt, most Seers don't claim in thread, unless they have to. I'll be surprised if you survive the night.

And no, his survival won't prove or disprove his claim. Banjo made it quite clear in ItP that he ws the seer, and the wolves intentionally let him live.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-07-18 at 07:37 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #251

Well, considering we've got a claimed Mason who is looking alright to me and hasn't been counterclaimed, we could have any other seers contact Mordokai. That way he knows how many Seer claimants there are, and then can work on getting rid of the non-real ones?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Guys, I would be remiss not to present the possibility (especially after I think they used the trick in either three or two to beat us) that Murska is possibly just a remnant, and they purposefully put him forth on an encounter he could defeat to gain the item.

There's so many layers that the remnants can be using here against us, and Murska is a master, both at this particular game in general. This isn't a condemnation or an exoneration, just noting that he's been in as many of these as I have, has been in practice more recently, and can manipulate a paranoid crowd easily.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, we did that in three. I warned them of it back on day one, actually.

Sorry if I come off as too aggressive, but I've kinda been waiting for Banjo's game and now that I have very limited internet access and am unable to defend myself, getting fool/devilwagoned made me a bit mad.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Guys, I would be remiss not to present the possibility (especially after I think they used the trick in either three or two to beat us) that Murska is possibly just a remnant, and they purposefully put him forth on an encounter he could defeat to gain the item.
    I can see Remnants sacrificing Loz. Yazoo? Very much not so. And if Murska is in fact a Remnant and anybody else than Yazoo, this is a very thinly veiled plot by Remnants indeed. And I've seen Murska did much better.

Much as it pains me to say, I think Murska is innocent, at least until better evidence against him shows up.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

A tall man with a sword strapped on his back pushes the hunched figure away from the the crying girl and places a hand on her shoulder. Relax it's going to be fine. Come with me I have an extra room that you could use... it's going to waste anyway staying empty all the time.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    A tall man with a sword strapped on his back pushes the hunched figure away from the the crying girl and places a hand on her shoulder. Relax it's going to be fine. Come with me I have an extra room that you could use... it's going to waste anyway staying empty all the time.
    The hunched man tilted his head to the right, one eye peering at the giant with the sharpened metal bit. One might almost notice the slight distaste and annoyance that flickered across his broken features - if one bothered to pay attention to the him at all; as apparently he had not.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Down the street, the hunched figure meanders, as though unaware of the many dangers around it. He twisted and tangled, slipped and sprung. Turning a crazed cartwheel, he came to find himself before a memoria of sorrow. Paused, he, tilted head to one side as he regarded the wren.

"Shells break so that new birds may fly. A nest is a nest for the birds within; not for the twigs and leaves that weave it."

"Can you sing, pretty wren, when all is smoke and ashes?"
    Isa startled at hearing the voice, then regarded the man without the customary disdain most of the villagers had. She wiped at her eyes, the tears leaving clean trails down through the dirt that stained her cheeks. A chair is still a chair, even when there's no one sitting there, but a chair is not a house - and a house is not a home, when there's no one there to hold you tight. Her voice sounded steady, clear, and as it rang out across the square, the others who had lost their homes looked at their loved ones and held them, feeling relieved.

Isa smiled faintly, her eyes still locked on the strange little man who had seemed to flit around the edges of the village for as long as she could remember. Thank you. I had forgotten...a house is a building, and without those you love inside it, it might as well be empty. Th-thank you. Words failing, she stood and bowed politely, graciously, to the man...whose name she didn't know, come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    Isa regarded the stranger warily, stepping closer to the bent man. I don't even know you. And there is no need to be rude to...to... She gestured at the other man. While I appreciate your offer, I don't know you, and you don't know me. I'm not sure what kind of girl you think I am, but my parents raised me better than that. Holding her chin up, she nodded slightly. Then, smiling faintly - not wanting to be rude - she bowed her head. But thank you. Again.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

I say we just kill everybody Why not let the other maybe-seer scry some of these guys, and contact a confirmed good? That way, either the seer is safe in the hands of Team Good, or the fool gets done in by the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Tilt, most Seers don't claim in thread, unless they have to. I'll be surprised if you survive the night.
    Hey, at least he didn't panic, try going Orwell on the original post, laugh at his teammates for their suspicion and then point fingers at another innocent when guaranteed to be lynched. That would've pretty much sealed his fate as Most Helpful Teammate and branded him with an everlasting shame that would eat him alive.

...Um, not that I would know.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Hey, at least he didn't panic, try going Orwell on the original post, laugh at his teammates for their suspicion and then point fingers at another innocent when guaranteed to be lynched. That would've pretty much sealed his fate as Most Helpful Teammate and branded him with an everlasting shame that would eat him alive.

...Um, not that I would know.
    Yeah.

I'm just giving the possibly first-time seer a little hint for next time.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-07-19 at 10:05 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Night over, PMing the result of Night actions then update to follow.

...This might take some time.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-07-20 at 04:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Ho boy... this is usually not a good sign.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Wakka stayed behind on the beach way after his Aurochs finished their practice, watching the sun go down over the ocean, its broiling waves still crashing against the scarred sand. He still made the Aurochs practice, as much for his own sake as theirs. He needed something to take his mind off the Remnants, the strangers that wanted all of his friends dead.

The sky began to darken around him, and again that same hallucination came like before. Something glowing crimson deep down in the sea. Added to the whispers he had almost grown used to coming up from the depths, and Wakka could half convince himself the stress had driven him mad.
    But was it really a hallucination?

“The weathers been better today, but still the waves keep coming. That comet’s doing somethin’ down there. Somethin’ not good, you know?”

“It’s what’s up here you should be worried about. And leaving that blitzball out on the beach like that? Well, you never know who will stumble across it.”

Wakka tensed, and turned around slowly. Kadaj stood less than ten yards behind him, smirking as he watched the fading light dance up and down the length of his blade. The Remnant looked to be alone, but Wakka could feel several other pairs of eyes on him, watching from the shadows. He was suddenly very aware that his own massively tuned blitz ball sat in a pile with the others twenty yards away.

“What is it with you freaks only comin’ out at night, huh? You scared of the sun or somethin’?”

Kadaj sneered and took a few steps forward as his opponent sank to one knee.

“The sun holds no fear for us Wakka, our pursuits are just more suited to the darkness, as all of Spira will come to understand in time. Stay low then, and I’ll make this quick.”

Wakka sprung backwards and threw a handful of sand right in the Remnants eyes. Then he was running for the bitzball.

“You’ll pay for that it blood worm!”

Wakka pounded up the beach, arcing away from the sputtering Remnant as he gained speed. Blinking red-raw eyes and growling under his breath, Kadaj followed, his blade flashing in the twilight.

Against anybody else, perhaps anyone on all of Spira, there would have been no contest. But the Besaid Aurochs former star player knew blitzball like no-one else, and knew his own blitzball better even than his wife. He got to the pile of blitzballs first, and grasped his own from the pile of mediocre practice balls in a fraction of a second. In one fluid movement he spun and slung the spiked ball with all his strength, just as Kadaj’s sword met his chest and drove home.

The ball caught Kadaj full in the neck, almost detaching the Remnants head.

Already dying, the Remnant's momentum carried him forward even as his head hung slack and his blood fountained out of the fresh red smile across his throat. The pommel of his blade met with Wakka’s torso, and still the brave Guardian was driven backwards even as his own last few seconds of life pattered onto the sand beneath him.

Driven as one, both dying figures plunged straight into the sea and were lost.

“”What happened Brother?”
    “Kadaj has returned to Mother. A little too early, but hardly an insurmountable problem. There are very few on this craven world that can hurt us like that. And every single one of them will pay in kind. This I promise you.”

Sephiroth turned and stalked back into the forest, Yazoo and Loz trailing after him. Things were starting to get serious.

“Wondeful! Wonderful! A dip in the sea for our brave gladiators!”

Kuja capered amongst the temple ruins near the beach, feeling new power thrumming through his body like a raging torrent. It felt good, really good. He wheeled and flicked a lazy hand at a half collapsed wall thirty yards distant. The wall exploded in a cloud of blue fire.

“Oh Kadaj, parting is such sweet sorrow, but what a gift you have left for me!”

Now Spira would see his true power, Kuja would see to that.

It was cold, and dark there. Things skittered across her legs and hissed in the inky blackness. But it was safe, for now, and she could feel the strong comforting arm that kept her close to her companion’s side, even if she could not see it. Still, even that was not enough to free her of the horrible certainty that had suddenly stolen over her.

“Tidus?”
    “Uh huh?”
    “Wakka’s dead, I...I know it.”
    “Nah, Wakka wouldn’t go and do something dumb like that, no way!”
    “He’s dead, I’m sure…but one of the strangers has fallen with him.”

Sure enough, she felt a warm glow coalesce deep in her chest, and felt a hot streak of energy burn through her. It wasn’t a kind heat, but it was powerful, and strangely familiar even after two years of separation.

“…Ifrit…”
    “Huh?”
    “Tidus…I’m getting my Aeon’s back…”

The Besaid Aurochs went out to the beach the next morning to practice, as they always did, expecting to find the boss waiting for them, a derogatory comment and a playful smile for each of them. Instead they found a swathe of blood-drenched sand and Wakka’s blitzball streaked with gore.

“Oh boss, no…”
    “Boss? Wakka? You out here? You okay?!”

Keepa wondered over to the patch of bloody sand near the foaming ocean, and stared out across it’s broiling surface.

Just for a moment, he was sure something pulsed red beneath the waves.

“Yo Keepa, watch out!”

The Auroch spun and managed to duck just in time to avoid the spray of super-cooled breath that the Ice Flan had aimed at him. The ugly viscous creature was barely visible in the shallows only a few metres from him, almost its whole stubby body immersed beneath the waves.

“Jeez! Since when did Flans live in the sea?!”

Since the comet hit, it seems, and now the consequences have to be dealt with. But having lost one of Besaid’s bravest and best warriors, a Guardian no less, is there anyone left still up for the fight?

Summary

Mordokai was killed by the Remnants. He was Wakka!

Aemoh was killed by Wakka’s beast ability. He was Kadaj!

Kuja now inherits all of Kadaj’s abilities for the remainder of the game.

Yuna gains the Ifrit Aeon from Kadaj’s death.

A Flan has slithered out of the ocean!

The following players must vote today or be autolynched:

I’m da Rogue
    Sage Montalius
    The Fiery Tower
    Third Emperor
    Thufir

Day 4 begins now and will end on Friday. Try picking the bones out of that night phase!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

What was that? A bad sign? Yeah, I guess that could be counted as one

Oh well, I did my part. Good look to you Spirans. Don't let my death be for nothing, you hear?

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    Isa startled at hearing the voice, then regarded the man without the customary disdain most of the villagers had. She wiped at her eyes, the tears leaving clean trails down through the dirt that stained her cheeks. A chair is still a chair, even when there's no one sitting there, but a chair is not a house - and a house is not a home, when there's no one there to hold you tight. Her voice sounded steady, clear, and as it rang out across the square, the others who had lost their homes looked at their loved ones and held them, feeling relieved.

Isa smiled faintly, her eyes still locked on the strange little man who had seemed to flit around the edges of the village for as long as she could remember. Thank you. I had forgotten...a house is a building, and without those you love inside it, it might as well be empty. Th-thank you. Words failing, she stood and bowed politely, graciously, to the man...whose name she didn't know, come to think of it.
    The odd little man nodded, something that might have been a smile flitting across his craggy features. "Love the world ... and you shall be at home wherever you go, sweet wren" he replied.

25. - Top - End - #265

Isa brushes the dirt off of her clothing and looks towards what is left of the house with a sigh. I guess I had better go see what's left. Hopefully I at least have a toothbrush or hairbrush left. She started to smile, then shivered as she saw Fin watching. Was it just her, or was he smirking?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

The wolves will already know this, so it seems pro-town to admit to it publicly: after today's result I know I am the fool, not the seer. So the reasons I gave for lynching Murska are now void.

Fan. No solid reasons -- he seemed a bit too sure about his reading-based argument for Murska's wolfishness yesterday. Surely Murska's public behaviour doesn't guarantee anything or he wouldn't be known as a good player.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

TsukikoJ pointed at Tilt when the Murska wagon started to pick up. Maybe it's nothing or maybe it's a wolf that panicked when Murska was pointed but wasn't around to defend himself. We'll hopefully find out soon.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rogue Nine
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

Can I ask why Grimmace?

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    TsukikoJ pointed at Tilt when the Murska wagon started to pick up. Maybe it's nothing or maybe it's a wolf that panicked when Murska was pointed but wasn't around to defend himself. We'll hopefully find out soon.
    This somehow rings off for me. Keep an eye on it all my villager friends.

RogueNine for the reasoning mentioned Yesterday.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!