New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    829: I am no longer allowed to use this song for Inspire Courage (Some Lyrics may be NSFW)
    830: Nor may I use this for Inspire Greatness.
    831: Using this for Fascinate is Right out.
    832: I am no-longer allowed to play a Bard.
    Darn you and your Fascinate.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Dwarf in the Playground

833. I will stop using the environment to make climactic encounters trivial.
    833a. I may not vent the hanger to space when the BBEG gets out of his ship.
    833b. I may not use thermal detonators stuffed in the ceiling to drop the cavern/stonework/ice cave on top of the four high level dark Jedi advancing on my level 4 character.
    833c. I may not use Stone Shape to bring down the prison with all the guards inside.
    834. I may not use Magic Aura to prevent party members from even being aware of magical items when I lay claim to them.
    885. I may not spread black sand in the captain's bed.
    Last edited by TheRiov; 2011-08-02 at 03:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483

SwashbucklerGuy

886. I may not split up the loot in such a way that the other PCs get all the treasure, while I get x ordinary stones (where x is the number of other PCs in the party).
    886a. I may not try my hardest to convince the other PCs that they are indeed plain, worthless stones that don't offer any bonuses whatsoever at all.
    886b. Furthermore, I may not finally relent to their demands that THEY get the stones and all I get is all the gold.
    886c. If I failing to follow the above statements, it is a good idea to GTFO BEFORE they cast "Detect Magic" and realize that I was telling the truth about their non-magicalness... and realize that I just absconded with all the loot.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

4. - Top - End - #484

Devil

887: The Animate Object spell is not a way to engage in necromancy sans alignment consequences.
    888: While a Hand of the Mage can be used to intercept grenade weapons and return them to their original owner, it lacks the ability to shove them into orifices.
    889: No longer allowed to make trip attacks against snakes.
    890: We are no longer allowed, upon encountering a dungeon, to spend the next two sessions researching it, rather than, I dunno, GOING IN.
    891: It is not peanutbutter jelly time, they are not taking the hobbits to Isengard, it's not a small world after all, and I do not shake it like a polaroid picture.
    891b: No longer allowed to play a bard, or anyone else with the Perform skill.
    892: My character is allowed a phrase or a short sentence for dying words. SINGULAR. I cannot have 30 different sets of dying words, reprised from every film that I can remember.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    886. I may not split up the loot in such a way that the other PCs get all the treasure, while I get x ordinary stones (where x is the number of other PCs in the party).
    886a. I may not try my hardest to convince the other PCs that they are indeed plain, worthless stones that don't offer any bonuses whatsoever at all.
    886b. Furthermore, I may not finally relent to their demands that THEY get the stones and all I get is all the gold.
    886c. If I failing to follow the above statements, it is a good idea to GTFO BEFORE they cast "Detect Magic" and realize that I was telling the truth about their non-magicalness... and realize that I just absconded with all the loot.
    893: I may not borrow any ideas to mess with my team or the DM from Order of the Stick.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #486
    Pixie in the Playground

894. My friend and I should keep away from playing the monk cannon...unless the DM REALLY has it coming.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    893: I may not borrow any ideas to mess with my team or the DM from Order of the Stick.
    893a: And neither can I borrow ideas from DM of the Rings.
    893b: Or Darths and Droids.
    893c: Or Nodwick.
    893d: Goblins is unacceptable as well.
    893e: You know what... just don't borrow any ideas from webcomics.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

894. I may not use the strength of my Druid/Shifters Girallon shape to pick up another enemy and use them as a weapon.

9. - Top - End - #489

SwashbucklerGuy

896. The Lizzipede in not a viable PC. Don't even think about making it.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-08-03 at 02:04 PM.

*It does.*

What.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Double 894s.

897. I am not allowed to refuse a powerful NPC's offer of tea based on the fact that the DM only mentions tea when it's poisoned.
    Last edited by Bobby Archer; 2011-08-03 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Ninja'd
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

11. - Top - End - #491
    Firbolg in the Playground

898. I may not eat other party members. Unless they've already been turned to stone (by me).
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2011-08-03 at 04:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kerman View Post
    894. I may not use the strength of my Druid/Shifters Girallon shape to pick up another enemy and use them as a weapon.
    Wait, now I'm confused. That's NOT a valid tactic?

899: I can't have an octopus as a familiar. Especially not if I need to carry it around in a bucket.
    899a: No, not even if it's a seagoing campaign.
    900: The Summoner needs to stop shouting : "I CHOOSE YOU <name>!" whenever they use Summon Monster spells. _Now_.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NNescio View Post
    893a: And neither can I borrow ideas from DM of the Rings.
    893c: Or Nodwick.
    893d: Goblins is unacceptable as well.
    893e: You know what... just don't borrow any ideas from webcomics.
    893f. One Piece: Grand Line 3.5 is right out. I cannot make a 1/16th giant 1/16th fishman who gets full bonuses as if they were half of each, who takes the short flaw and a feat that makes you over 7 feet tall so he ends up just under 6 feet tall, and who has a sword that can be used in the mouth by anyone with a bite attack (which being 1/16th fishman gives).

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Wait, now I'm confused. That's NOT a valid tactic?
    They even have a feat for it!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-08-03 at 07:51 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NNescio View Post
    Actually, borrowing from the Darth and Droids DM wouldn't be that bad of an idea. He seems to be a really stellar DM, all things considered.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

894: I'm no longer allowed to one-shot an NPC 4 levels higher than me with Death Attack DC 13.
    894a: If above happens, if we are surrounded by an army loyal to him, after we're all dead I will be hit on the head with the rules compendium.
    894b: If I somehow survive with 2 hp after shot 41 times by cannons I'm not allowed to feign death.
    894c: After I FINALLY die, I'm completely allowed to get into a legal battle with a Diva to True Resurrect/Time Rewind/Miracle where only I remember the bad things that happened.
    894d: Forget it, I'm not allowed to play anything chaotic/evil.

(This happened tonight!!!! The first time they let me do a plan we got TPKd. IT SHOULD HAVE WORKED!!! Why did the NPC army get ONLY crits!?!?!!)

16. - Top - End - #496

ElfRogueGirl

895. I'm not allowed to take Trickery Devotion again. Ever.
    895a. Especially not on a DEX based character where the feat description clearly states that only STR gets cut in half.
    896. Also I'm not allowed to take Dire Charge with a dual wielder ever again, but that's not an issue since due to Dire Charge we won't be running epic level's again, ever.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Actually, borrowing from the Darth and Droids DM wouldn't be that bad of an idea. He seems to be a really stellar DM, all things considered.
    893b clarification. Not allowed to do anything Jim or Pete did.
    My Steam profile

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    893b clarification. Not allowed to do anything Jim or Pete did.
    893ba. Especially no Summon Bigger Fish.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-08-04 at 03:52 PM.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have one, but just as a note, you guys should be up to 903, so next post should be 904.

Perhaps people should note the number the next person has if they are quoting another post?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    893f. One Piece: Grand Line 3.5 is right out. I cannot make a 1/16th giant 1/16th fishman who gets full bonuses as if they were half of each, who takes the short flaw and a feat that makes you over 7 feet tall so he ends up just under 6 feet tall, and who has a sword that can be used in the mouth by anyone with a bite attack (which being 1/16th fishman gives).
    It's beggining to look a lot like 1/16 Giant Tiny Fishmen.
    Excellent Ponsoon avatar by Akrim.elf!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red XIV View Post
    Everybody outsmarts Nale. Including Nale.
    I will be unable to post for an undetermined amount of time due to medical problems and family problems. Just a notice.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Actual source: link one, link two, link three.
    My Steam profile

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    I don't have one, but just as a note, you guys should be up to 903, so next post should be 904.

Perhaps people should note the number the next person has if they are quoting another post?
    That would probably help a lot.
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

23. - Top - End - #503
    Pixie in the Playground

904. I may not raise my Fighter's base Charisma to 32 with magic berries, nor may I assume said Charisma level causes all the young men or woodland animals she encounters to become followers.
    905. I may not steal items from other player's characters merely because my Sleight of Hand skill is obscene.
    905a. This goes double for healing potions/wands.
    905b. Triple when said potions/wands are our only source of healing.
    906. I may not steal another player's Bag of Holding and attempt to befriend the lawyer mysteriously surviving therein merely because "I'm a Rogue and I might need him in the future."
    907. I may not egg on the Paladin when he is acting in a manner that will force a shift to a prohibited alignment.
    908. I may not steal a gecko and train it to steal small items for me.
    Last edited by Qing Guang; 2011-08-04 at 10:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qing Guang View Post
    904. I may not raise my Fighter's base Charisma to 32 with magic berries, nor may I assume said Charisma level causes all the young men or woodland animals she encounters to become followers.
    905. I may not steal items from other player's characters merely because my Sleight of Hand skill is obscene.
    905a. This goes double for healing potions/wands.
    905b. Triple when said potions/wands are our only source of healing.
    906. I may not steal another player's Bag of Holding and attempt to befriend the lawyer mysteriously surviving therein merely because "I'm a Rogue and I might need him in the future."
    907. I may not egg on the Paladin when he is acting in a manner that will force a shift to a prohibited alignment.
    908. I may not steal a gecko and train it to steal small items for me.
    What? I thought 907 was the reason for Paladins in the party?
    Homebrew PrC: The Performance Artist

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SowZ View Post
    What? I thought 907 was the reason for Paladins in the party?
    Yes, but:
    907a. The Paladin needs to realize that if he and the Ranger are going to go about starting riots and then breaking out of jail after being imprisoned for inciting said riot, his Lawful Good god will forsake him, he will be stripped of his powers, and his brand new shiny celestial tiger mount will thumb its nose at him and run away.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qing Guang View Post
    Yes, but:
    907a. The Paladin needs to realize that if he and the Ranger are going to go about starting riots and then breaking out of jail after being imprisoned for inciting said riot, his Lawful Good god will forsake him, he will be stripped of his powers, and his brand new shiny celestial tiger mount will thumb its nose at him and run away.
    Well, yeah, I always thought orchestrating those kinds of situations that force a Paladin to choose between his life or his strict alignment was why you let them join the party?
    Homebrew PrC: The Performance Artist

27. - Top - End - #507
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SowZ View Post
    Well, yeah, I always thought orchestrating those kinds of situations that force a Paladin to choose between his life or his strict alignment was why you let them join the party?
    Oh, those are quite interesting. Not in this case, though. This case would fall under the following rule:
    908. I may not commit crimes "for teh lulz" if I expect not to be laughed at when I claim to be Lawful Good.
    Last edited by Qing Guang; 2011-08-05 at 01:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508

SwashbucklerGuy

910. May not justify any and all actions done while Lawful Good by stating that it's not against the law somewhere.
    910a. DEFINITELY may not justify it by claiming that I MUST do it according to the law somewhere else.
    910b. Not allowed to make a kingdom with bizarre laws just so I can legally claim the above defenses.

EDIT: Fixed numbering
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-08-05 at 11:25 AM.

*It does.*

What.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

910. I am not allowed to play a female Raptoran Hellfire Warlock.
    911. Or a Raptoran Skypledged Cleric of the same gender.
    912. Or a Hare Hengeyoukai Telepath.
    913. Neither am I allowed to play a Rat Hengeyoukai Diviner.
    914 Tibbit Necromancers are also forbidden.
    914a. Moreso if I try to introduce myself as a "Nekoromancer".
    915. Elan Wu Jens are right out as well.
    916. And so are Elan Golemficers.
    916a. Especially if I try to name my Steel Defender "Shanghai".
    916b. No, I cannot name my Iron Golem "Goliath" either.
    Last edited by NNescio; 2011-08-05 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

30. - Top - End - #510

Numbers are off again, we have two 908s.