New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVI: There's a Pony for That!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Comic con poster they are going to give out, I recognize every pony on there except the pegasus above Big Mac, who is that?
    Rainbow Day / Bubble Gabble

I have no idea why she's on the poster.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-07-20 at 12:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Comic con poster they are going to give out, I recognize every pony on there except the pegasus above Big Mac, who is that?

Spoiler
    Show

edit: Photo Finish and Hoity Toity is together, Beyond Forever is canon!

double edit: I seem to have the talent of grabbing the last post on a page....
    I opened it, then spent five minutes looking for various ponies, noting that Luna was on the dang thing, etc.

Then I realized I was at work.

NO ONE MUST KNOW *flee*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Rainbow Day / Bubble Gabble

I have no idea why she's on the poster.
    from a comment in ED
    She is a very common backgrounder that just nobody seemed to pay much attention too. Most prominent during the baked bads incident, and the one that told Dash about Ditzy Doo going the wrong way in Winter Wrap Up.
    obviously we have ignored this poor pony, quick pony thread, give her a story!!!

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I opened it, then spent five minutes looking for various ponies, noting that Luna was on the dang thing, etc.

NO ONE MUST KNOW *flee*
    does this count as a pony slip up? were you the one that bet on how long until you slip up and reveals pony? or is my brain just telling me lies?
    Well! Are you brain! I'll make you talk!
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-07-20 at 12:53 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

4. - Top - End - #334

NO ONE MUST KNOW *flee*
    You're gonna get some odd looks at work now.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Odd looks or Brohooves.

Unfortunately my boss is not a brony.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #336
    Firbolg in the Playground

Watching MLP:FiM right now.

Fluttershy tells the dragon at the end of Dragonshy to pack his things and find somewhere else to sleep. But then he just immediately takes off, carrying nothing. Does he just leave his horde behind? Even if he's intending to come back for it, why doesn't Rarity just duck in while he's out and grab some goodies?

Discuss.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post

Fluttershy tells the dragon at the end of Dragonshy to pack his things and find somewhere else to sleep. But then he just immediately takes off, carrying nothing. Does he just leave his horde behind? Even if he's intending to come back for it, why doesn't Rarity just duck in while he's out and grab some goodies?

Discuss.
    Dragons obviously have a small extradimensional space inside their bodies, so that they can swallow up and carry their hordes around with them, that way they can easily pick up and move when they need to.

In other news, apparently, I am going to have to apparently roll 1d4 every day now to find out which avatar I'm going with for the day.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just finished reading Bittersweet.
    ...So I just finished reading Bittersweet...
    Why did I just read Bittersweet?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    You're gonna get some odd looks at work now.
    I still don't know if the guy in my office has noticed and just hasn't said anything, or I've been hiding my ponies better than I thought. Clearly I have to employ some half-baked, sitcom-worthy schemes and shenanigans to find out what he knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post

Discuss.
    Bags of holding.

Bags of holding everywhere.

10. - Top - End - #340

I still don't know if the guy in my office has noticed and just hasn't said anything, or I've been hiding my ponies better than I thought. Clearly I have to employ some half-baked, sitcom-worthy schemes and shenanigans to find out what he knows...
    And, of course, those antics will fail, and instead reveal your bronydom to all of the office in the most embarrassing way possible, and it'll turn out that he didn't know anything about it in the first place!

Cue laugh track, roll credits, insert local news promo.

Tonight at eleven, a new group of sickos stalks the Internet, luring your children with the pastel colors of ponies! They are The Bronies! How can you protect your children against them? Stay tuned for Channel 5 News at 11, with Don Chilado.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-20 at 01:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341

random thought process. (Or how my mind likes to lead me to mental squick.)

hey, blueblood --> related to celestia distantly on her mother's side ---> what if there was a 3rd alicorn---> need a celestial body/diurnal name ----> midnight works---> Cousin Midnight?---> why would an alicorn bear only unicorn descendents?---> She gave up her immortality and alicorness for love---> so thousand years or more ago an alicorn became mortal for love, named Midnight----> What if Midnight I was also a descendent? ---> that means Trixie has royal blood!---> Wait! Midnight II is related to Blueblood ----> Double wait! Celestia had a relation ship with Midnight I -----> welll, distant cousin is not incest right? right? ---> oh my celestia why have you betrayed me brain!!!!!
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-07-20 at 01:25 PM.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Bags of holding.

Bags of holding everywhere.
    False! All dragons are capable of teleport breath. When a dragon needs to move their horde they teleport it to the First Dragon Bank of Equestria. There it is kept safe until they teleport a letter requesting a withdrawal from the bank.

Unfortunately dragons never got out of their old habits of keeping their hordes with them at all times. The result is the bank charging massive service fees, leading to dragons keeping their hordes with them at all times, leading to yet larger service fees. Yeah, nobody quite thought that part out very well.

13. - Top - End - #343

random thought process. (Or how my mind likes to lead me to mental squick.)

hey, blueblood --> related to celestia distantly on her mother's side ---> what if there was a 3rd alicorn---> need a celestial body/diurnal name ----> midnight works---> Cousin Midnight?---> why would an alicorn bear only unicorn descendents?---> She gave up her immortality and alicorness for love---> so thousand years or more ago an alicorn became mortal for love, named Midnight----> What if Midnight I was also a descendent? ---> that means Trixie has royal blood!---> Wait! Midnight II is related to Blueblood ----> Double wait! Celestia had a relation ship with Midnight I -----> welll, distant cousin is not incest right? right? ---> oh my celestia why have you betrayed me brain!!!!!
    That thought process makes the joke I made in Moonlight about Blueblood trying to set up a marriage between his son and Midnight all the more frightening and squicky!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Luckily I don't have an office mate. Otherwise, I'd be a lot quieter, or have to get much more creative at hiding pony...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just recalled my dream from last night. Ponies have officially invaded my dreams. I'm slightly ok with this. But also slightly terrified.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    I just recalled my dream from last night. Ponies have officially invaded my dreams. I'm slightly ok with this. But also slightly terrified.
    You lucky little...
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

What did you dream, if you don't mind me asking? I am a curious little droid, as I have never dreamed of electric sheep ponies.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-07-20 at 01:45 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Banned

Daemon

Just wondering: why exactly are these threads getting so big? There hasn't been any MLP:FIM for two months and there likely won't be for three months after that. But you guys have gone through 6 threads since Grand Galloping Gala. What is going on around here? Also wasn't this sort of thing what got you guys in trouble with 4chan (other than the fact that there are a lot of other problems with that forum).

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing to be afraid of. Just the next stage in full herd integration. It's all perfectly natural.

SOON YOU SHALL JOIN THE PARTY. SOON YOU SHALL BE COMPLEAT

Yep. Allllll perfectly natural.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Just wondering: why exactly are these threads getting so big? There hasn't been any MLP:FIM for two months and there likely won't be for three months after that. But you guys have gone through 6 threads since Grand Galloping Gala. What is going on around here? Also wasn't this sort of thing what got you guys in trouble with 4chan (other than the fact that there are a lot of other problems with that forum).
    We're big because we've basically made ourselves a self-sustaining community. We keep producing work to discuss, crazy ideas to speculate on, and general shenanigans to be had.

I think the whole 4chan deal was two parts:

1) It's 4chan. They pretty much hate everything.

2) The ponies were exploding all out of their designated threads.

We keep ponies (not so) safely contained in this thread (and our 11+ sister threads) and don't go throwing it in everypony's face. If you want ponies, you know where to find us. If you don't, then stay out of the pony thread. So it's not really the same thing as what happened on 4chan.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-07-20 at 01:51 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350

it's just friendship, sunshines and parties all up in here.

but seriously, it's not like we are spamming ponies in other (non-pony) threads. And we have moved on from discussion of show to discussion of characters and fan community works.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

21. - Top - End - #351

What the others have said. We've been sustaining ourselves on user-created stuff and general 'we're all friends here'. And the 4chan thing, from my understanding since I never actually go to the site, is that the ponies were spilling out everywhere, while here, we keep things largely self-contained in here.

22. - Top - End - #352

it's just friendship, sunshines and parties all up in here.

but seriously, it's not like we are spamming ponies in other (non-pony) threads. And we have moved on from discussion of show to discussion of characters and fan community works.
    And bondage.

...Wait, were we supposed to be convincing them that us being here was okay? Oops. Umm... I meant... hugs. Right, hugs. With ropes (no) love (yes!) in them. Freshly harvested love.

23. - Top - End - #353

Why not? There is a LOT of fan work being created every day, and we find it a fun topic to discuss (read: bastardize). Besides, there's Role Play that goes on here, and general pony related derp. It's fun!

Also, what does 4Chan have to do with this? We're keeping it localized to a single thread, so I'm sure that the moderators won't / don't have an issue with us. This is what this board is for, anyways.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    And bondage.

...Wait, were we supposed to be convincing them that us being here was okay? Oops. Umm... I meant... hugs. Right, hugs. With ropes (no) love (yes!) in them. Freshly harvested love.
    Wait we're harvesting ropes now? How does that work? Can we just transform our love and hugs into pure matter now? HAVE WE BECOME UNTO GODS?
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Wait we're harvesting ropes now? How does that work? Can we just transform our love and hugs into pure matter now? HAVE WE BECOME UNTO GODS?
    Yes. And apparently our love and hugs and friendship and tolerance and magic manifest as bondage equipment.

Daaaamn Ponythread. Just... Damn.

Now all I can think of is this.

Oh dear Celestia, the Diabetus are back.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-20 at 02:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    What? No, silly, we harvest love. From around vital organs. Speaking of which, Esper's love should be ripe again, now. And we haven't harvested his love in so long. It would be a shame to let it go bad. It might become Silly, and we're already at dangerous levels of that (the thread is a mandatory cowboy-hat zone, even).

27. - Top - End - #357
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Comic Con poster is great, I'd love to have one if I actually had a place to put it that was safe from prying eyes.

You know, the first thing I noticed when I saw the poster was Lyra and Bon Bon standing together and smiling at each other. Pony shipping has hijacked my brain.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    The Comic Con poster is great, I'd love to have one if I actually had a place to put it that was safe from prying eyes.

You know, the first thing I noticed when I saw the poster was Lyra and Bon Bon standing together and smiling at each other. Pony shipping has hijacked my brain.
    Right there with you. I noticed Derpy with derped eyes and smiled at the fanon-turned-canon, then my gaze drifted to Lyra and Bon Bon smiling and I wondered, oh how I wondered, just how much the artist(s) might like those smiles to imply...
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-07-20 at 02:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Challenge/Help request for any who play D&D 3.5:

Tonight, my party might make it to the end of a dungeon where they'll face, who else, Nightmare Moon. I'm modifying the stats for a Unicorn (granting flight, higher armor, more spell-likes, etc.) to make it more powerful, and that's where I need help. What spells or spell-like abilities do you think would be appropriate to give her?

The party consists of a Rogue, a Barbarian, a Cleric, and a Ranger, all level 7, all unoptimized (but I've been helping them pick decent feats and such), and all within the core rules. Doesn't mean the spells she has have to be within core, but that's what they have to work with.

30. - Top - End - #360

Challenge/Help request for any who play D&D 3.5:

Tonight, my party might make it to the end of a dungeon where they'll face, who else, Nightmare Moon. I'm modifying the stats for a Unicorn (granting flight, higher armor, more spell-likes, etc.) to make it more powerful, and that's where I need help. What spells or spell-like abilities do you think would be appropriate to give her?

The party consists of a Rogue, a Barbarian, a Cleric, and a Ranger, all level 7, all unoptimized (but I've been helping them pick decent feats and such), and all within the core rules. Doesn't mean the spells she has have to be within core, but that's what they have to work with.
    You could always slap a lich template on her for crunch, but not apply the fluff.

I'd also give her Deathwatch as a permanent effect. Makes her that much more menacing because she knows who in the party is the weakest.

I'm not the best with spells, so I'll leave that to somepony else.

Spoiler
    Show