New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: How much is a shock trooper barbarian/dervish gonna get pounded on in Epic tier?

The new character idea looks cool too.
    Have you checked Dark template (ToM?), as well as the shade template from FRCS?
    Shade I think is LA +4, but gives what I think are slightly better abilities than a teflammar shadowlord. Though of course your saves/skills don't progress due to the LA.

Don't forget that there's alternate versions of Dodge that you can take instead. MoI, ToB, and Races of Destiny I think have the alternate versions.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: How much is a shock trooper barbarian/dervish gonna get pounded on in Epic tier?

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    If you have 384 HP at epic levels, on a BARBARIAN build, you are doing something wrong, sir. You should easily be able to hit 500.
    384 at level 26 isn't too bad.

Consider even with a full 26 levels of Barbarian (which he doesn't have, and some of his levels are lower HD), then you have on average 174.5+(26*con mod) hp on average. That means his con mod is +8. A +8 con mod means 26 con, which is pretty respectable. (14 base + 6 item + 5 tome = 25, for a +7).

500 HP would require a con mod of +12, which he will probably reach while raging/frenzying, but a base con of 34 is pretty hard to reach.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hum. If you're evil and you get a bought off half-dragon template, you might want to consider the following:

2 flaws (assuming you're human)
    dark companion alternate class feature for hexblade

1 Barbarian (pounce and requirement for frenzied berserker) Power attack, cleave, improved sunder, Intimidating rage
    2 Paladin of Slaughter
    3 Paladin of Slaughter Mage Slayer
    4 Hexblade
    5 Hexblade
    6 Hexblade Destructive rage
    7 Hexblade
    8 Blackguard
    9 Blackguard Blind-fight
    10 Blackguard
    11 Frenzied Berserker
    12 Frenzied Berserker Pierce magical protection
    13 Frenzied Berserker
    14 Frenzied Berserker
    15 Frenzied Berserker Pierce magical concealment
    16 Frenzied Berserker
    17 Frenzied Berserker
    18 Frenzied Berserker Divine might
    19 Frenzied Berserker
    20 Frenzied Berserker
    21 War Hulk epic divine might
    22 War Hulk
    23 War Hulk Improved aura of despair
    24 War Hulk
    25 War Hulk Divine shield
    26 Swordsage (for teleportation maneuvers)

Doesn't fix your AC but your saves get quite a bump (twice you CHA to all saves + your CHA to all saves vs spells) and mettle. Your saves get so high you can just take a ring of improved evasion and you shouldn't need to bother with elemental immunities. Since blackguard shares requirements with frenzied berserker it's not much of an investment to get aura of despair, dark blessing and turn undead.

Speaking of which, -6 to all saves (combined with a high Charisma) makes your intimidating rage more likely to succeed and it pumps your allies' abilities to affect creatures too.

Your damage output should still be realy high and you can Chuck Norris spellcasters through the mage slayers feats.
    Last edited by Soranar; 2011-07-26 at 04:43 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by herrhauptmann View Post
    Isn't greater blurring only like 5 or 10 rounds a day?
    That's why I don't like it. I'd prefer that my defensive enchantments are always active, rather than choosing when I'd like to be protected.
    Try 10 minutes, divided up as you need it. Swift Action activation, i believe, so practically forever for combat purposes.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Try 10 minutes, divided up as you need it. Swift Action activation, i believe, so practically forever for combat purposes.
    Okay, that's not so bad then. A surprise round might treat you a little badly, but otherwise, you're solid.

Soranar: Where is Epic Divine Might? Not seeing it in Complete Divine or ELH.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by herrhauptmann View Post
    Okay, that's not so bad then. A surprise round might treat you a little badly, but otherwise, you're solid.

Soranar: Where is Epic Divine Might? Not seeing it in Complete Divine or ELH.
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20031115a

it's from defenders of faith (exactly the same as the feat found in the NWN2 videogame)