New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Maybe I should open up my White and actually get to play it, it seems an actual improvement has happened instead of just a pokemon number addition.

However, my main wonder is if the post-game content is at least moderately interesting....
    Good lord, I missed a big avatar switch, didn't I? I just realized it was you, August.

Anyway, yes, I recommend it. But ohmygod, the Marts are in the Pokemon Centers now!
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

2. - Top - End - #932
    Banned

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Maybe I should open up my White and actually get to play it, it seems an actual improvement has happened instead of just a pokemon number addition.
    I'd recommend it.

However, my main wonder is if the post-game content is at least moderately interesting....
    There's not a ton, but more than previous games had. Not a lot of post-game story, but that's on par with the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    But ohmygod, the Marts are in the Pokemon Centers now!
    Unova is in the age of efficiency.

Anyway, I like it because it just feels more like a world with actual towns and industry as opposed to early gens "Random cobble of houses in the middle of nowhere". In Unova, practically every town feels like it belongs. But that's just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-13 at 10:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I'd recommend it.
    I just have to open it and play it, so no investment, it sounds like a good idea... don't quite remember why I left pokemon...

There's not a ton, but more than previous games had. Not a lot of post-game story, but that's on par with the rest of the series.
    I guess it will be back to inbreeding and IV EV insanity after all the fun is done, like the rest of the series...

Unova is in the age of efficiency.
    Wouldn't it be Land of efficiency?
    Anyway, I like it because it just feels more like a world with actual towns and industry as opposed to early gens "Random cobble of houses in the middle of nowhere". In Unova, practically every town feels like it belongs. But that's just my thoughts.
    Hmmm, I like the sound of this, actual towns...

Is there a make your Secret Base stuff like in previous generations?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, and another thing about the new generation: It has an actual plot! That's actually pretty good! In my opinion, anyway.
    Now, I'm finished with my White version, and I need a new postgame mission to go on. Rae suggested fishing for a shiny Magikarp, but that's Rae. He's crazy. Should I just keep training up new Pokemon? Anything else?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

5. - Top - End - #935
    Banned

I guess it will be back to inbreeding and IV EV insanity after all the fun is done, like the rest of the series...
    Yeah, that always sucks.

Wouldn't it be Land of efficiency?
    Perhaps both.

Hmmm, I like the sound of this, actual towns...

Is there a make your Secret Base stuff like in previous generations?
    I don't think there is Secret Base stuff. Not anything I can remember off the top of my head anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Oh, and another thing about the new generation: It has an actual plot! That's actually pretty good! In my opinion, anyway.
    Oh yes, this is the big one for White/Black. An actual plot that's actually good! And for once, the Elite Four doesn't feel like a tacked-on extra chapter, like it did in the previous games, especially Diamond/Pearl.

Also Blue, you could give shiny fishing/hunting a shot. They changed some variables, so shinies are more common in this gen. I found a shiny Boldore just randomly grinding in Victory Road!
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-13 at 10:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and another thing about the new generation: It has an actual plot!
    Whatever happened to being the very best, like no one ever was?
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Now, I'm finished with my White version, and I need a new postgame mission to go on. Rae suggested fishing for a shiny Magikarp, but that's Rae. He's crazy. Should I just keep training up new Pokemon? Anything else?
    Learn IV and EV inbreeding, it adds three years to a game lifespan. Also, the existence of a plot is tempting...
    Yeah, that always sucks.
    But the results are woth it.

Perhaps both.
    Did the weird patch of destroyed land remain in the final version?

I don't think there is Secret Base stuff. Not anything I can remember off the top of my head anyway.
    Is there a: Design your house-like stuff?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Whatever happened to being the very best, like no one ever was?
    It turned out pretty much everyone post-Elite Four already was. Which makes you wonder how the Elite Four keep their jobs.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

It turned out pretty much everyone post-Elite Four already was. Which makes you wonder how the Elite Four keep their jobs.
    Union, also they manage the gyms, which results in a region-wide monopoly of trainer accreditation.

Was there a post that suddenly disappeared above me?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-13 at 10:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Banned

Also, the existence of a plot is tempting...
    It's worth it. I do warn you, the plot kinda starts up slow, but picks up a lot later on. It's well worth it in the end.

But the results are woth it.
    Well, yeah. Back in D/P, I just used a Save Editor to hack myself a trained team. All withing legal movesets and stats, and radnomised IVs to be fair. Really, all I'm saving myself is time, so I don't get the stigma of hacking even if I keep it legal.

Did the weird patch of destroyed land remain in the final version?
    There's a desert near the big city if that's what you mean.

Is there a: Design your house-like stuff?
    I don't think so, unfortunately.

Was there a post that suddenly disappeared above me?
    That would be mine. I double-posted, so I went back to merge the two posts, but you'd posted in the meantime, so I re-posted my second post here. @_@
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-13 at 10:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

It's worth it. I do warn you, the plot kinda starts up slow, but picks up a lot later on. It's well worth it in the end.
    So there is an actual plot. That's an actual improvement.
    Well, yeah. Back in D/P, I just used a Save Editor to hack myself a trained team. All withing legal movesets and stats, and radnomised IVs to be fair. Really, all I'm saving myself is time, so I don't get the stigma of hacking even if I keep it legal.
    Serebii Forums would try to burn you at a stake for this...

But how do you use a save editor? I thought the only way left was pokesav through the action replay, unless you used an R4...
    There's a desert near the big city if that's what you mean.
    I meant the back-story of it being something related to a ground zero-esque incident.

I don't think so, unfortunately.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-13 at 10:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Ah, so you must have done something bad while you were there!
    I bought caramel chocolate?

<first post of today from August
    GAH! Why did your avatar change it's hair to the exact same shade my hair IRL turned to overnight!?!?!?!!?!? No, seriously, that is the most friking SCARy thing that's happened in a while. WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING?

ION: What a lot of fun today, I was at the party of a friend's older brother's celeration of going to college, so all his friends were at least a year older. I was ping ponging between a cloud cuckoolander who kept saying all the beer came from Narnia and claiming that the two dimes that somehow ended up in my shoe was to pay the ferryman in the netherworld and the littlest intellectual (you know, the younger kid who is as smart or smarter than the older ones who watch it and are entertained or impressed?) who kept talking about diphthongs and tectonic plates over her fourth popsicle (I was hungry! And they were really good!). Woo.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-13 at 10:48 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943

I meant the back-story of it being something related to a ground zero-esque incident.

There is a plot, but I've never played Pokemon games for the plot anyway. They always seemed to get in the way.

Is that a reference to Unova's inspiration coming from New York?
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

14. - Top - End - #944
    Banned

It is, it is.

Serebii Forums would try to burn you at a stake for this...
    Oh, I know. So would Smogon, and pretty much every 'hardcore tourney player'. Reason is not high on their priorities.

But how do you use a save editor? I thought the only way left was pokesav through the action replay, unless you used an R4...
    My brother has Pokesav and a DS cart USB adapter. It's pretty cool. He's the one who knows how to use it. When we got Platinum, we repurposed his Diamond as the editing cart.

Ohhh, that. I'm pretty certain it was just a coincidence. Though an interesting one I will admit.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-13 at 10:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    GAH! Why did your avatar change it's hair to the exact same shade my hair IRL turned to overnight!?!?!?!!?!? No, seriously, that is the most friking SCARy thing that's happened in a while. WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING?
    Actually it was in development for a while, I've had it since last week, just began using it today when I finished shading though.
    ION: What a lot of fun today, I was at the party of a friend's older brother's celeration of going to college, so all his friends were at least a year older. I was ping ponging between a cloud cuckoolander who kept saying all the beer came from Narnia and claiming tht the two dimes that somehow ended up in my shoe was to pay the ferryman in the netherworld and the littlest intellectual (you know, the younger kid who is as smart or smarter than the older ones who watch it and are entertain or impressed?) who kept talking about diphthongs and tectonic plates over her fourth popsicle (I was hungry! And they were really good!). Woo.
    You may want to step out of the René Clair film you are in...

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Is that a reference to Unova's inspiration coming from New York?
    I meant the very real complaint I read somewhere that there was something similar to ground zero and an in-game incident related to the desert.

Oh, I know. So would Smogon, and pretty much every 'hardcore tourney player'. Reason is not high on their priorities.
    Don't insult us. It's not legality but legitimacy, there is an effort behind each team when you have to inbreed for several generations and trade around, just generating them is in fact cheating since you shave hundreds of hour of study and development.

I used an AR to get experimental teams, but my final teams after getting tested were hand bred.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-13 at 10:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946

Actually it was in development for a while, I've had it since last week, just began using it today when I finished shading though.

You may want to step out of the René Clair film you are in...
    Exactly! You got the shading right, and my hair shaded to that same color! Hey, can you dye my hair blue? Because that would be awesome.

I don't know who he is, but what was I doing that was typical of his style?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #947

I haven't played Pokemon since silver version. I should probably remedy that.
    While you left in (IMO) the best generation, Ruby and Sapphire are also very good. If you jump straight into Black and White you may die of shock.

Cypress RP profile

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Exactly! You got the shading right, and my hair shaded to that same color! Hey, can you dye my hair blue? Because that would be awesome.

I don't know who he is, but what was I doing that was typical of his style?
    I wonder if it would work... Goes to shade it Blue...

Surrealist Cinema, most of the surreality of every event of your life...

19. - Top - End - #949
    Banned

Don't insult us. It's not legality but legitimacy, there is an effort behind each team when you have to inbreed for several generations and trade around, just generating them is in fact cheating since you shave hundreds of hour of study and development.
    I shaved hours of development, but not study. Like I said, my end results are indistinguishable from your hand-trained ones. I study as much as anyone else. And boy do I experiment. I have no less than four full teams of experiments. I've found my Trick Room team works rather well. But sorry if that makes me a cheating jerk.

I used an AR to get experimental teams, but my final teams after getting tested were hand bred.
    I used to hand-breed. It took so. damn. long. And my team was still awful because of one mistake, or the wrong nature, or other random junk. If I'm somehow completely illegitimate because I choose to save time, then excuse me.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-13 at 11:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #950

I wonder if it would work... Goes to shade it Blue...

Surrealist Cinema, most of the surreality of every event of your life...
    If you capitalized that Blue on purpose... I don't even want to know what the shippers will think on that.

Wait, how that bit surreal? That was just me being weird. I mean, yeah, a LOt of my life gets really surreal at times, but that was just me being strange, not the universe. And I revel in the position of littlest intellectual, so I do that often. And my life tends to reflect the TvTropes pages I've been reading earlier that day (remember that one day where I was talking about things being like other things which was something?), and I was reading Cuckoolander pages earlier. I've got the Troper Tales tab open right now in fact.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

I used to hand-breed. It took so. damn. long. And my team was still awful because of one mistake, or the wrong nature, or other random junk. If I'm somehow completely illegitimate because I choose to save time, then excuse me.
    It's only a game, guys.

ION: I have a new avatar.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-13 at 11:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Banned

It's only a game, guys.
    I know... lemme explain myself.

It's more a matter of pride. I pride myself on my hacking. I have this device that I could make anything with. And yet, I'm good enough to keep everything legal. I never create a mon that can do anything a hand-raised equivalent can't. In the end, there is no difference between the two, and because I handicap myself by randomising IVs (regular players have no control over IVs, so neither will I) my mons may actually end up slightly weaker than normal.

But I'm treated like a cheating jerk and told my team is illegitimate because I chose not to waste hours upon hours and go through egg after egg (Hint: I went through 29 Charmanders just to find one with a nature I wanted). I don't like being treated like dirt for taking a shortcut when I still keep myself within the rules and honestly, in the end I have no true advantage over anyone else.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

I shaved hours of development, but not study. Like I said, my end results are indistinguishable from your hand-trained ones. I study as much as anyone else. And boy do I experiment. I have no less than four full teams of experiments. I've found my Trick Room team works rather well. But sorry if that makes me a cheating jerk.
    I know the result is the same, but the process of getting there is an effort a lot of people undertake so despite it being them being the same, one has had to invest a lot more time into it.

Some postulate the end does not justify the means.

And I do not meant it as an insult, I do not find a team of Legal pokemons to be better than those of legit, but they are not the same, and one of only the first should not be entered into a tournament asking for legit pokemon, like smogon does for example.

I do not say it is cheating unless one is expected to use legit instead of only legal.
    They are illegitimate because of the definition of the word given for this particular purpose.
    If you capitalized that Blue on purpose... I don't even want to know what the shippers will think on that.

Wait, how that bit surreal? That was just me being weird. I mean, yeah, a LOt of my life gets really surreal at times, but that was just me being strange, not the universe. And I revel in the position of littlest intellectual, so I do that often. And my life tends to reflect the TvTropes pages I've been reading earlier that day (remember that one day where I was talking about things being like other things which was something?), and I was reading Cuckoolander pages earlier. I've got the Troper Tales tab open right now in fact.
    When have I ever shipped anyone (except FE characters)?

When someone starts telling you the coins in your shoe are meant for Caronte or Catón I believe you qualify for surreality.
    ION: I have a new avatar.
    Elemental week?

I know... lemme explain myself.

It's more a matter of pride. I pride myself on my hacking. I have this device that I could make anything with. And yet, I'm good enough to keep everything legal. I never create a mon that can do anything a hand-raised equivalent can't. In the end, there is no difference between the two, and because I handicap myself by randomising IVs (regular players have no control over IVs, so neither will I) my mons may actually end up slightly weaker than normal.

But I'm treated like a cheating jerk and told my team is illegitimate because I chose not to waste hours upon hours and go through egg after egg (Hint: I went through 29 Charmanders just to find one with a nature I wanted). I don't like being treated like dirt for taking a shortcut when I still keep myself within the rules and honestly, in the end I have no true advantage over anyone else.
    It's because of the definition of legitimate, not because of you. It isn't saying that it is amoral or anything, it's like saying it is genetically engineered or not, even if they decided to randomize the crops variables and qualities it would still be genetically engineered.

There is a debate over the morality of it, but there is no question over the definition of legitimacy. The only thing is that you aren't able to take it tournaments (most of them anyway).
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-13 at 11:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

Elemental week?
    I suppose it does fit the theme. Hooray for happy accidents.

25. - Top - End - #955

Rae suggested fishing for a shiny Magikarp, but that's Rae. He's crazy.
    Hey. While this is absolutely true, I prefer to broadcast my craziness myself, you silly blue kirby alien wizard living robes with a hood thingy.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Banned

And I do not meant it as an insult, I do not find a team of Legal pokemons to be better than those of legit, but they are not the same, and one of only the first should not be entered into a tournament asking for legit pokemon, like smogon does for example.
    You're looking down on me and treating me like an inferior for not hand-raising everything and taking a shorter route that hurts no-one and in fact does not guarantee me a better outcome. Yes, it is insulting.

And if I hadn't told you I hacked my mons, you'd have never known. I hope you realise there is a big lapse in logic is here.

All right, I'll let it go here. I just hope you can see my side and why that upsets me, is all.

27. - Top - End - #957

When have I ever shipped anyone (except FE characters)?

When someone starts telling you the coins in your shoe are meant for Caronte or Catón I believe you qualify for surreality.
    No, but imagine if the shippers hear it! Speaking of shipping, Vetinari TOTALLY has a crush on Vimes. Unrequited love, obviously.

I said that! I was up a tree when someone asked me why there were coins in my shoe, and I said the were for Charon since I had no actual answer. Because I didn't even know how the heck they got in there in the first place. (And they were Crocs too, it must have been recently, since they'd have fallen out.)

Also I found out that I am definitely part cat. I love going up trees and then I'm miserable and often get trapped when trying to go down. I really don't why.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-13 at 11:28 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

You're looking down on me and treating me like an inferior for not hand-raising everything and taking a shorter route that hurts no-one and in fact does not guarantee me a better outcome. Yes, it is insulting.

And if I hadn't told you I hacked my mons, you'd have never known. I hope you realise there is a big lapse in logic is here.

All right, I'll let it go here. I just hope you can see my side and why that upsets me, is all.
    I have no qualm with only legal pokemons, I happily play against gamers with teams built on pokesav, I have no issue unless a sudden Wonder Guard Spiritomb appears. The reason I do breed them is that most tournaments ask for legitimate pokemons which by definition are not ARed.

I'm aware of the testing lapse, but I believe somewhere it said Nintendo could detect them.

I see your side and I see the injury in that sometimes some people against only legality get vocal, but there is also a point in the other side, the fact that some people are forced to invert A LOT of time into it and they do invert it since they do not have or want to use an AR, and that Nintendo has already made their stance clear.

29. - Top - End - #959

No, but imagine if the shippers hear it! Speaking of shipping, Vetinari TOTALLY has a crush on Vimes. Unrequited love, obviously.

I said that! I was up a tree when someone asked me why there were coins in my shoe, and I said the were for Charon since I had no actual answer. Because I didn't even know how the heck they got in there in the first place. (And they were Crocs too, it must have been recently, since they'd have fallen out.)

Also I found out that I am definitely part cat. I love going up trees and then I'm miserable and often get trapped when trying to go down. I really don't why.
    You do realize that you're the only one talking about the shipping right now, right? Almost as if you want to get shipped...

Your life really is surreal. I envy you, kind of.

I only use legit Pokemon, but that's only because I have no way of hacking.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

I only use legit Pokemon, but that's only because I have no way of hacking.
    If you've ever traded over the GTS odd are that isn't necessarily true.