New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Let's Play Pokemon Crystal!

I’ve been inspired to try a Let’s Play of Pokemon Crystal because of others I’ve seen here. I’ve never done a Let’s Play before, and I’d like a chance to stretch my creative and writing muscles. So please bear with me if things are a little rocky or unpolished at first. Any suggestions or critique is welcome.

I have chosen Pokemon Crystal for several reasons. The second generation has always been my favorite iteration of the games. I remember being so excited when I got both Red and Blue for my 13th birthday, and playing them extensively. In fact I was the first kid at my school to collect all 150 (and I still have that save game on my original cartridge of Blue). Then, when Gold and Silver came out, the new pokemon and types were fascinating and pulled me back in. But what cemented my love for this generation was completing Jhoto, and then discovering that I could return to Kanto, my old stomping grounds, and stomp around all over again. I loved it. And I never got a chance to play Crystal, so it seems the perfect choice.

As I’m sure you’re expecting, this will be using a Nuzlockesque rule set to make the game more interesting and challenging.
    1. If a pokemon faints, it’s dead. It must be released into the wild.
    2. I may only capture the first new pokemon I encounter in any given area.
      • If it faints, flees, or I am otherwise unable to catch it, I get no pokemon from that area.
      • A pokemon is “new” if I don’t have it’s full pokedex entry.
      • Legendaries are exempt from this rule.
      • Event-based pokemon, such as fossils and trades, are exempt from this rule.
    3. Use a Set battle mode, for more “realistic” battles
    4. Each pokemon must have a nickname and a personality.
    5. You, the readers, will have voice in naming my pokemon and deciding their personalities (and deciding my starter).

And for everyone reading this and enjoying it, I ask you to please speak up and toss in some votes. The more people involved, the more fun I think we’ll all have!

Let's Play!

Characters

Spoiler
    Show
    Mammon

Our protagonist. Waking up in New Bark Town with a massive headache and no idea what is going on, Mammon is slowly learning to accept the insanity he sees all around him. His goal is still to find out what is going on and why he is in this crazy world, even though everyone else seems to think his goal is to take the Pokemon Gym Challenge.

With two Gym Badges now in his possession, Mammon is feeling more comfortable in this strange world. His leading theory is that he is in a coma and the entire world is a strange fabrication of his mind. The various personalities he has encountered have not been encouraging indicators of his mental health.

Mr. Snaps

Given as a gift from Professor Elm to help Mammon run some errands for the Professor, Mr. Snaps is a brave a loyal companion who doesn’t hesitate to protect his “boss.” That said, he enjoys making jokes as Mammon’s expense, usually based on Mammon’s ignorance. A desire to protect Mammon and his fellow pokemon have awoken a noticeable anger within Mr. Snaps, and triggered a transformation into a Croconaw.

Grawk

A veteran of numerous campaigns against the spearows for Route 46, this pidgey has defended her next against all types of invaders. Holds a grudge against Violet City Gym Leader Falkner, as his obsession with bird pokemon has been a danger and harassment to all bird pokemon in the area for years. Determined to get stronger and not fall behind, Grawk evolved into a Pidgeotto shortly after Mr. Snaps.

Gem

Sporting a passion for jewelry and nearly anything shiny or pretty, Gem is an otherwise reliable pokemon. When not focused on her “pretties” she is a reliable and trustworthy pokemon. One of the few that seem rather stable, all things considered.

Nappa

Nappa is a ghost. The amazing ramifications this implies is largely ignored by the world, save Mammon. For unknown reasons he insists on referring to Mammon as “Vegeta,” and grows excited or distracted easily.

Panzer

Mammon was initially thrilled to catch this pokemon, a nice simple dog. Panzer’s hair-trigger and inclination to burn down his opponents have shown him to be just as off as everything else in this world. He enjoys traveling with Mammon, primarily because it affords him the opportunity to meet and burn a large variety of new opponents.

Pokemon in reserve

Spoiler
    Show
    Vakk

Now a Butterfree, Vakk was found and captured as a caterpie, as seems to have an intense hatred of trainers and any pokemon owned by them. Disgusted with being captured, he constantly threatens others, including Mammon, and fights to grow stronger only so that he may bring an end to all trainers in the world. He was abandoned by a trainer early in life, which lead to his hatred of all things trainer-related. After attempting to attack Mammon, Vakk is now in the care of a professional Day Care.

Scott

Evading capture initially, Scott seems to have a knack for dodging and evading opponents.

Dawn

Hatched from an egg given to Mammon from Professor Elm, Dawn is constantly cheerful, finding happiness and silver linings everywhere.

George

George was rescued from the Slowpoke Well after his tail had been harvested by Team Rocket. He isn’t particularly quick, and is fearful of having his tail removed yet again.

Tinsley

Tinsley is rather annoying, and takes delight is mocking others.

Drake

An aggressive rattata, Drake has a greatly inflated sense of her own importance and abilities. She took the name Drake because it sounded powerful and dangerous.

Fern

Fern, much like Gem, can essentially pass for normal. Absentminded at times, he is a generally happy pokemon.

Areas and caught pokemon

Current list of suggested names and personalities for future pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a list of all the suggestions received for pokemon names and personalities. If you have an idea for one (or more), please post it! A pokemon can have more than one suggestion – in fact that would be preferred if possible!

• Ditto – Mimi, Copies the personality of whatever it is currently copying.
    • Drowzee - likes Mammon for his vivid imagination
    • Dunsparce - a bit slow and silly, thinks too hard sometimes.
    • Hoothoot - Withers, an old, sleepy, person.
    • Ledyba - Believes itself to be lucky
    • Nidoran F - Padame, Wants to find her lost love Anakin
    • Nidoran M - Anakin, Wants to find his lost love Padame
    • Paras – Sporella, Nerdy, knows and talks all about Fungi and parasite
    • Phanphy - Adamant, a tough little (gender) who won't quit.
    • Scyther - Leeroy, Always wants to battle, never wants to retreat
    • Scyther – Slash, Completely lunatic, favorite pastime is slicing and dicing everything in the vicinity.
    • Spinarak – Charlotte, Wants to entrap all flying types ever
    • Sentret - Ferrow, a perky person who runs all over the place.
    • Spearow - Fletch, a pilot-type who for some odd reason likes poetry.
    • Sunkern - Refuses to talk at night
    • Venonat – Kkav, Believes the first gen rumor that Butterfree, and Venomoth switched sprites. Calls itself the true butterfree
    • Yanma - Hates that it can't evolve this gen

Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-12-18 at 06:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Pokemon Crystal!

Prologue

Spoiler
    Show
    Mammon: Oh…oh god, my head. Ugh…it feels so stuffed…where…where am I?

Mammon: What...? Who…? I’m…a boy…

Mammon: …Hello? Where did you go? Where is everything?

Mammon: Ahh! It got so bright, where is this light coming from?! It feels like it’s drilling into my skull! Where did you come from? What do you mean, waiting? Where am I?
    ???: Welcome to the world of pokemon!
    Mammon: The what now?
    ???: My name is Oak. People call me the Pokemon Professor.
    Mammon: Ok…and this is a world of pokemon…is this your world then? Did you bring me…well, wherever we are right now?

Mammon: Whoa, what the hell is that?! And where the hell did you go?! What’s going on here!?
    Prof. Oak: People and pokemon live together by supporting each other. Some people play with pokemon, some battle with them.
    Mammon: Ok, I guess that makes…wait, battle with them?! Did you say battle?!

Prof. Oak: There are still many mysteries to solve. That’s why I study pokemon every day.
    Mammon: Great, you study them. Now get back to the point where you tell me what is going on here!

Mammon: What? How do you know my name?!
    Prof. Oak: Your very own pokemon story is about to unfold. You’ll face fun times and tough challenges. A world of dreams and adventures with pokemon awairs! Let’s go!
    Mammon: What’re you talking about?! You still haven’t told me where we are or what’s going on! What do you mean my story is about to unfold?! Hello? HELLO?!

Mammon: Oh…God my head hurts…Where am I now?

Mammon: Huh…my bedroom…well at least it seems like I’m back in reality now. What a weird dream…I gotta write it down before I forget the details.

Mammon: Wait a minute…this doesn’t look like my computer…

Mammon: It can’t be mine! My email is gone, empty! Just what is going on here!?

Mammon: Where is this place? New Bark Town, where is that? And Jhoto? Is that a country or something? This isn’t where I live! I live…I…live…why can’t I finish that sentence? Why can’t I remember where I live? What is wrong with me? I gotta get out of here…

Mammon: Oh good, some people. Maybe they can help me. I hope they don’t freak out because I’m in their house…Excuse me!

Mammon: What?
    Lady: he said he wanted you to do something for him.
    Mammon: Okay…but I don’t know who this professor is…wait, there was a professor in my weird dream! Who is this professor…and more importantly, where I am?
    Lady: Oh! I almost forgot! Your Pokemon Gear is back from the repair shop. Here you go!

Mammon: Umm…thanks? And this is…?
    Lady: Pokemon Gear, or just PokeGear. It’s essential if you want to be a good trainer.
    Mammon: Good trainer..? Wait, pokemon gear, is that what you called it? That’s the same thing from my dream just now!
    Lady:By the way, do you know how to use the phone?
    Mammon: Yes, of course I know how to use a phone. Now get back to this pokemon thing! And tell me about this professor!
    Lady: Professor Elm is waiting for you. Hurry up, baby!
    Mammon: Baby? That’s disturbingly familiar for someone I don’t know. Lady?

Mammon: Fine then, maybe someone else will shine a light on what is going on here.

Mammon: That’s nice. Why do you all know my name?
    Visiting Lady: Mammon, have you heard? My daughter is adamant about becoming Professor Elm’s assistant. She really loves pokemon!
    Mammon: Alright, if you don’t want to fill me in either, I guess I need to figure this out myself. Thanks for not calling the cops, I guess.

Mammon: Okay, time to get a grip. Things out here look pretty normal for nighttime…aside from not know where the hell I am, of course. Hmm…maybe I’ll recognize an address or something.

Mammon: What the…my house?! Okay, this has officially gone past weird and is well into creepy territory.

Mammon: Excuse me, Sir?

Man: I hear Professor Elm discovered some new pokemon.
    Mammon: Riiight. So apparently this whole town is in on it. Well unlike all those horror movie corpses, I’m not sticking around to have the mystery kill me. I’m outta here!

Mammon: Oh great…maybe I can just ignore her…

Mammon: Ahh, what the hell lady?! Let go of me!
    Grabby Lady: It’s dangerous to go out without a pokemon! Wild pokemon jump out of the grass on the way to the next town.
    Mammon: So you’re saying I’m trapped here then? I can’t leave this creepy town? Not without one of these pokemon things you all are talking about? Well that’s just great…I guess I don’t have any choice but to try and figure this crap out. Guess I’ll need to ask around then.

Mammon: Hello? May I come in? Hi there, do you mind if I ask you a few questions, ma’am?

Red-head: I was amazed by Professor Elm’s findings. He’s so famous for his research on pokemon evolution.
    Mammon: Professor Elm again? Pokemon evolution? Please ma’am, what can you tell me of this Professor Elm?
    Red-head: …*sigh*…I wish I could be a researcher like him…
    Mammon: Uhuh. Okay, well thanks anyways.

Mammon: Elm’s house, eh? Well this is the guy everyone seems to be talking about, and that one lady did tell me to talk to him. I guess this is where I need to go.

Mammon: Hello, I’m looking for Professor Elm, is he in?

Mrs. Elm: When he’s caught up in his pokemon research, he even forgets to eat.
    Mammon: Your husband? So he’s out doing research? Okay then. And what about you little one, do you know where the professor is?
    Kid Elm: When I grow up, I’m going to help my dad! I’m going to be a great pokemon professor!
    Mammon: You do that kid. Follow your dreams. Just don’t make them someone elses, okay?

Mammon: Bingo, this is what I’m looking for! Wait, what’s that guy doing? Maybe he knows something…

Mammon: Excuse me…

Mammon: Damn, that hurt. Okay, I’m not talking to that crazy SoB again. Well, lets see what is in this lab of the professor’s.

Mammon: Hmm…Looks pretty standard. Who’s that in the back, he looks rather official and on top of things here. Maybe he’s this Elm everyone is talking about!

Mammon: Hi there.

Mammon: Yes, here I am. The way you say that like you know me is really weird guy. How do you know my name?
    Prof. Elm: I needed to ask you a favor.
    Mammon: No one here will tell me what is going on, and you want to ask me for a favor?
    Prof. Elm: I’m conducting new pokemon research right now. I was wondering if you could help me with it, Mammon. You see…I’m writing a paper that I want to present at a conference. But there are some things I don’t quite understand yet.
    Mammon: Yeah, there are a number of things that I’m not understanding myself right now, and you’re really not helping clear things up.
    Prof. Elm: So! I’d like you to raise a pokemon that I recently caught.
    Mammon: You want me to…raise one? So…their like a pet or something? And you want me to take care of one of these weird pokemon things? Hmm…Well that lady outside did say I’d need one to get out of this town. Okay Professor, I’ll play your game for now. I’ll raise one of these pokemon for you.
    Prof. Elm: Thanks, Mammon! You’re a great help!
    Mammon: Your enthusiasm is making me wonder if I’d be better off just staying here…
    Prof. Elm: When I announce my findings, I’m sure we’ll delve a bit deeper into the many mysteries of pokemon. You can count on it!
    Mammon: Umm…yay?

Prof. Elm: ….Hm…Uh-huh…I have an acquaintance called Mr. Pokemon. He keeps finding weird things and raving about his discoveries. Anyway, I just got an e-mail from him saying that this time it’s real. It is intriguing, but we’re bust with our pokemon research…Mammon, can you go in our place?
    Mammon: Wait, so you’ve got a second job for me now too? Well I guess I’m not getting out of here without agreeing, am I? Alright, I’ll go check this thing out for you.
    Prof. Elm: I want you to raise one of the pokemon contained in these Balls. You’ll be that pokemon’s first partner, Mammon! Go on, Pick one!
    Mammon: Alright. So one of these balls on this table? What’re these, like kittie carriers or something? Whatever. I guess I’ll take a look at these things.

• OK guys, what do you think so far? And which pokemon starter should I pick?
    • First up will be Route 29, where I could encounter a Pidgey, Sentret, Rattata, Hoppip, or Hoothoot.
    • Then I'll could come to Route 46, where I could meet a Geodude, Spearow, Rattata, or Phanphy.
    • Route 30is up next, offering Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Ledyba, Hoppip, Spinarak, Hoothoot, Poliwag, and Zubat. Wow that's a lot of options!
    • Then we've got the option to step into the Dark Cave, where Geodude, Zubat, Dunsparce, and Teddiursa lurk.
    • Finally, in route 31 we're offered up the chance to capture a Bellsprout, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Ledyba, Hoppip, Spinarak, Poliwag, Hoothoot, Zubat, or Ghastly!
    • Oh, and Sprout Tower, where I could find a Rattata or Ghastly.

And if I get a Bellsprout, I'll have the option to trade it for an Onix.
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-09-03 at 03:31 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I dig me some Cyndaquil, personally.

Also, you may want to transcribe some of the dialogue, since Pokemon cuts all of the dialogue scrolling in wierd ways. Just flows better.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

OHGODTHEPICTURESAUUUUUUUUUGH

Also, in other news, I don't see more than one pkmn there. I mean, the firerat is pretty cute, so it's not like we need other choices or something.

Alsoalso, why not HeartGold/SoulSilver? I mean, I loved Crystal too, but HG/SS ended up surprising me and taking Crystal's place in my heart as my favorite.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I dig me some Cyndaquil, personally.

Also, you may want to transcribe some of the dialogue, since Pokemon cuts all of the dialogue scrolling in wierd ways. Just flows better.
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    OHGODTHEPICTURESAUUUUUUUUUGH

Also, in other news, I don't see more than one pkmn there. I mean, the firerat is pretty cute, so it's not like we need other choices or something.

Alsoalso, why not HeartGold/SoulSilver? I mean, I loved Crystal too, but HG/SS ended up surprising me and taking Crystal's place in my heart as my favorite.
    Two votes for the little fire...mouse?

I know there's a lot of pictures, I tried to keep them to just displaying the relevant info. In the future I'll try transcribing speeches and such.

arguskos...are the other two pics not actually showing up for you, or is that your way of saying cyndaquil is the only option?

I thought about HG/SS...but I don't know of any way to play those on my computer - do you?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    arguskos...are the other two pics not actually showing up for you, or is that your way of saying cyndaquil is the only option?
    Oh, I see two other pictures, but they have this strange blank image where the pokeymanz should be. It's... it's as though the gods are telling me to push for Cyndaquil (also known as "that damn firemouse"). Yeah, I see 'em fine, but Cyndy is the one I'm voting for

I thought about HG/SS...but I don't know of any way to play those on my computer - do you?
    It *can* be done, but uh, we can't talk about it here. >_> Also, I've never managed to make it work (cause I had a Mac at the time and the software didn't play nicely with said Mac).

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I see two other pictures, but they have this strange blank image where the pokeymanz should be. It's... it's as though the gods are telling me to push for Cyndaquil (also known as "that damn firemouse"). Yeah, I see 'em fine, but Cyndy is the one I'm voting for
    Heh...good, just checking.

It *can* be done, but uh, we can't talk about it here. >_> Also, I've never managed to make it work (cause I had a Mac at the time and the software didn't play nicely with said Mac).
    >_>
    <_<

Yeeeah...pretty much something like that.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

cyndaquil Chikorita. Because Chikorita.

OH MAH GAWRSH SO CUTE AHAHAHA!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Allright, and a vote for the grass...thing.

Don't forget guys, names/personalities can be suggested too!

EDIT: Also, I'll be going through a different few routes!

• First up will be Route 29, where I could encounter a Pidgey, Sentret, Rattata, Hoppip, or Hoothoot.
    • Then I'll could come to Route 46, where I could meet a Geodude, Spearow, Rattata, or Phanphy.
    • Route 30is up next, offering Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Ledyba, Hoppip, Spinarak, Hoothoot, Poliwag, and Zubat. Wow that's a lot of options!
    • Then we've got the option to step into the Dark Cave, where Geodude, Zubat, Dunsparce, and Teddiursa lurk.
    • Finally, in route 31 we're offered up the chance to capture a Bellsprout, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Ledyba, Hoppip, Spinarak, Poliwag, Hoothoot, Zubat, or Ghastly!

Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-09-02 at 12:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

There's still the shiny gold option. Unless you intend to go to Red.

Also Cyndaquil for your starter.
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    There's still the shiny gold option. Unless you intend to go to Red.

Also Cyndaquil for your starter.
    Ok, the vote for fire I understand, but the first sentence? Not so much. shiny gold and Red?

12. - Top - End - #12

Ok, the vote for fire I understand, but the first sentence? Not so much. shiny gold and Red?
    Shiny gold is a hack of fire red I think, that makes a 3rd gen Johto game, however it's not finished, and if you intend to carry this let's play to Red on Mt.Silver then Shiny gold won't work for you.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #13

BlackDragon

• Then I could come to Route 46, where I could meet a Geodude, Spearow, Rattata, or Phanphy.
    • Then we've got the option to step into the Dark Cave, where Geodude, Zubat, Dunsparce or Teddiursa lurk.
    Wants in bold.

oh ma gawrsh Phanphy SO CUTE AHAHAHA!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Shiny gold is a hack of fire red I think, that makes a 3rd gen Johto game, however it's not finished, and if you intend to carry this let's play to Red on Mt.Silver then Shiny gold won't work for you.
    Ahh. Yeah, I was planning on taking this as far as we managed to survive. And thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll steer clear of the hack, at least for now.

15. - Top - End - #15

Ahh. Yeah, I was planning on taking this as far as we managed to survive. And thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll steer clear of the hack, at least for now.
    Okay then, just thought you should know.

If you get a Bellsprout, I'd suggest not trading it for Onix
    Last edited by Illven; 2011-09-02 at 12:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    Wants in bold.

oh ma gawrsh Phanphy SO CUTE AHAHAHA!
    Hmm...being a little more clear, I can't decide which I'll get. Thats is based purely on what I encounter first. Those various options are so you guys can offer up name/personality suggestions.

And I'd like to pick up the Phanphy too, but I've got a pretty low chance of realistically nabbing it...technically, with the rules I laid out, I could avoid route 46 until I caught a geodude, spearow, and rattata, and then I could come back and go through encounters til' I found one, but that'd be gaming the system, which would be against the spirit of the Let's Play.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

A vote for Chikorita! 'Cause Chikorita's super adorable and awesome.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Get Totodile, he will be snarky yet loyal and named Mr. Snaps, without regard to gender.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so far 3 for Cyndaquil, 2 for Chikorita, and 1 for Totodile!

And thus far, only a single name/personality suggestion....for the current last place!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Since I always Chose Totodile, I vote for Cyndaquil.

Also, I think Cyndaquil is supposed to be a shrew.

As for personality... Since a Random word generator gave me "Famished," I'll say that Cyndaquil is Always Hungry. His name will be Black Hole.

I'm sorry, but I change my mind. Snarky Totodile Mr. Snaps please.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-09-02 at 01:16 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

21. - Top - End - #21

BlackDragon

New list of names!

Spoiler
    Show

Route 29
    ~~~~~~
    Pidgey-Grawk, a grizzled war veteran.
    Sentret-Ferrow, a perky person who runs all over the place.
    Rattata-Drake, thinks it's all that.
    Hoppip-Fern, a bit absentminded and happy.
    Hoothoot-Withers, an old, sleepy, person.

Route 46
    ~~~~~~
    Geodude-Gem, fascinated with well-cut gems or Nuggets.
    Spearow-Fletch, a pilot-type who for some odd reason likes poetry.
    Rattata-Drake again.
    Phanphy-Adamant, a tough little (gender) who won't quit.

Route 30
    ~~~~~~
    Caterpie-
    Weedle-
    Pidgey-Grawk again.
    Ledyba-
    Hoppip-
    Spinarak-
    Hoothoot-
    Poliwag-
    Zubat-

Dark Cave
    ~~~~~~~
    Geodude-Gem again
    Zubat-
    Dunsparce-a bit slow and silly, thinks too hard sometimes.
    Teddiursa-

Route 31
    ~~~~~~~
    Bellsprout-
    Caterpie-
    Weedle-
    Pidgey-
    Ledyba-
    Hoppip-
    Spinarak-
    Poliwag-
    Hoothoot-
    Zubat-
    Ghastly-

Sprout Tower
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Rattata-
    Ghastly-

and I vote for Rocky the Onix.

also note, that I ran out of ides, but feel free to move 'em

22. - Top - End - #22

Gastly is GhostNappa. Always looking for Vegeta, and has hilariously
    de-railing one-liners

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

1) I don't see any problem with gaming the system in a Let's Play. If need be give some roleplay explanation for it. You can easily bypass the road without commenting on it, then later on after having seen a phamphy go looking through your pokedex and realize "Oh **** I forgot to go there!". Or a hundred other justifications. If you really want it, go for it.

2) My vote is on totodile. But I really wish you were playing HGSS version, the attacks being split to physical and special by move rather than by type was a huge boost to him.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

24. - Top - End - #24

Prologue
    • OK guys, what do you think so far? And which pokemon starter should I pick?

Chikorita

Hoppip

Geodude

Poliwag!

Teddiursa

Bellsprout

Ghastly

Don't
    10 characters
    Previously known as Dorian Soth.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is:
    0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

If you catch a Zubat, name him Tinsley. He's an annoying sod (with a British Accent if you're letting them talk) who loves to troll people/pokemon and won't go away.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-09-02 at 03:05 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry Seerow, but I'm not able to run HG/SS on my computer. There are certainly advancements like that that I'll miss, but it should be a huge deal since the play through will be primarily for the story, and not competition.

And the voting now stands tied at cyndaquil 3, totodile 3, and chikorita 3! And so far only the totodile has a name.
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-09-02 at 03:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

BlackDragon

I motion for chikorita to be named Sylvana!

28. - Top - End - #28

If the Cyndaquil is female, I motion that it be called Jenna.
    Last edited by Illven; 2011-09-02 at 03:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Any reason for the names? Any personalities thoughts to go with them?

EDIT: Also, we need at the very least a tie-breaking vote. If there is no more input by this evening (PST) then I'll just move forward.
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-09-02 at 06:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Any reason for the names? Any personalities thoughts to go with them?

EDIT: Also, we need at the very least a tie-breaking vote. If there is no more input by this evening (PST) then I'll just move forward.
    In Golden sun the lost age, Jenna is a fire adept (spellcaster with fire magic) I like golden sun. Cyndaquil is a fire pokemon