New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Looking for some homebrew Fey/Sidhe related PrCs.

Hi All,

I am currently crafting up a BBEG for a campaign I am working on and require a prestige class which is in some way related to the unseelie fey/sidhe. I have reviewed every book I have (which is most of the core d20 books) and cannot find the "right" fit. What I am looking for is a 5 lvl prestige class that advances arcane (or divine) spellcasting and is associated with the unseelie fey/sidhe. If there are any such homebrew prestige classes here (or anywhere) please let me know. Even if the homebrew is a simple idea please feel free to post it here.

Thanks for any and all comments!

Cheers
    Volf

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for some homebrew Fey/Sidhe related PrCs.

How he have to be a spellcaster? 'cause if you're looking for a villainous fey-related PrC, you're (and I hate to toot my own horn here, but I think it may be true) unlikely to find ANY class better suited to the role Seiškona of the Iron Bands. It require being a Binder though...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Look at the wild soul (Complete Mage p.85).
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple
    Guides for 5E: Practical fiend-binding

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    How he have to be a spellcaster? 'cause if you're looking for a villainous fey-related PrC, you're (and I hate to toot my own horn here, but I think it may be true) unlikely to find ANY class better suited to the role Seiškona of the Iron Bands. It require being a Binder though...
    Glad to see you back Djinn!

I have to 2nd this. I used a Seidkona as a big bad in my game to amazing effect . One of the best classes to show up on these forums.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Glad to see you back Djinn!
    Yeah...I'll be around a little more often these days.

I have to 2nd this. I used a Seidkona as a big bad in my game to amazing effect . One of the best classes to show up on these forums.

-X
    You did? How'd it play out, in terms of both flavor and mechanics? Mind dropping me a PM? 'cause I'm dreadfully curious.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic
    Ugh, now I have to make not one BBEG but two. I love binders and this prestige class is an excellent example of flavour melded perfectly with class mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by jiriku
    Look at the wild soul (Complete Mage p.85).
    Great idea, however, I already used some summoner type baddies in another campaign so I wanted this BBEG to be as different as possible.

Thanks for the input so far!

Cheers
    Volf

Now I am gonna stat up a mini BBEG Seiškona of the Iron Bands.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Volfogg View Post
    Ugh, now I have to make not one BBEG but two. I love binders and this prestige class is an excellent example of flavour melded perfectly with class mechanics.

Great idea, however, I already used some summoner type baddies in another campaign so I wanted this BBEG to be as different as possible.
    Given these two, I'd recommend (if possible) switching the BBEGs around, making the caster the lesser of the two. The Seidkona will automatically be COMPLETELY different from a summoner type (or from any caster), and the lore behind them also gives their presence a MUCH bigger build-up and world effect.

Whatever you decide, I'm glad you like the class though.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Given these two, I'd recommend (if possible) switching the BBEGs around, making the caster the lesser of the two. The Seidkona will automatically be COMPLETELY different from a summoner type (or from any caster), and the lore behind them also gives their presence a MUCH bigger build-up and world effect.

Whatever you decide, I'm glad you like the class though.
    Djinn, out of curiosity, are the Seidkona vestiges still forthcoming?
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature

Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Auron avatar by C-Lam

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Djinn, out of curiosity, are the Seidkona vestiges still forthcoming?
    I wrote a demonic vestige for the Seidkona, I did think of a couple other ones but I thought that the project had lost momentum. So if it hasn't Djinn, I will help you write more.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

That brings something to my mind.. How many fae lords were ever finished for that project? If I recall, only two were ever fully finished, one by Djinn and one by Errant
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    That brings something to my mind.. How many fae lords were ever finished for that project? If I recall, only two were ever fully finished, one by Djinn and one by Errant
    Far as I know that's the only two that were written.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Int he Fae-o-matic thread in my sig, there's the Faerie Knight class, which is complete, though not a spellcaster, and relying on the Hedge, so maybe not for you.

There's also the prestige and base classes in Le Cirque Funeste, which is themed around a faerie circus...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive
    Int he Fae-o-matic thread in my sig, there's the Faerie Knight class, which is complete, though not a spellcaster, and relying on the Hedge, so maybe not for you.
    Thanks for the link! Even though it's melee oriented I might be able to use it for a cadre if Sidhe guardians or some such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive
    There's also the prestige and base classes in Le Cirque Funeste, which is themed around a faerie circus...
    Very interesting read Mulletmanalive! BTW ... "I AM Carnival" is made of awesome. Brings back fond memeries of one of my first jobs.

Cheers
    Volf

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

You're very kind.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!