New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

I'm sad now.

A hundred stars just disappeared from Semper Fidelis. It also dropped from 4.9 to 4.8. Always Sunny was at 5.0 before I posted the second story.

Conclusion: seventy pages and two months of waste. I'd felt that way about a lot of it before, but now it's sort of confirmed in my subconscious. Sigh.

Thoughts on second season:

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was too fast for my tastes, but I could understand why, when they had to jam so much into it. Discord's a cool guy, he bendz reality and doesn't afraid of anything. I'll be curious to see if he's a recurring character; I wouldn't mind it. Also cool, mention of Luna. Overall, not my favorite episode by a longshot, but there's some good stuff in it.

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it. Parts of the fandom I used to love are just sorta meh, and there's other stuff I just don't feel like loving and tolerating anymore.

It's been a good run. Keep on truckin', ponythread.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-09-23 at 12:14 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm sad now.

A hundred stars just disappeared from Semper Fidelis. It also dropped from 4.9 to 4.8. Always Sunny was at 5.0 before I posted the second story.

Conclusion: seventy pages and two months of waste. I'd felt that way about a lot of it before, but now it's sort of confirmed in my subconscious. Sigh.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was too fast for my tastes, but I could understand why, when they had to jam so much into it. Discord's a cool guy, he bendz reality and doesn't afraid of anything. I'll be curious to see if he's a recurring character; I wouldn't mind it. Also cool, mention of Luna. Overall, not my favorite episode by a longshot, but there's some good stuff in it.

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it.
    Hey, what the heck? I lost about three hundred stars in OitC/Moonlight/Dating combined! Thankfully, none of them went down from their averages, but why the heck did it do that? It's not the first time, either, but it's the first time in a long time, and it's definitely the biggest drop I've experienced.

Also, I'm really sad to hear that, bobcat. We're gonna miss you around here, but you need to do what you need to do.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    yes...as part of my descent into(Embrace of? ) ponysanity when i came across a poster of pony themed drinks and posted it someone asked why there wasnt one for the town drunk... here it is if you are curious
    warning: LARGE
    Spoiler
    Show

well the poster has 4 drinks each line so you cant add just one..so i came up with 4 new ones...and thats how Equestria was
    i got my element of booze

for Berry Punch
    Berry Punch-- Blackberry Schnapps, Pear Vodka, Apple juice, Sprite, Baja Luna Black Rasberry, garnish with a strawberry half

for the CMC
    Flaming Crusader-- Bombay Gin, Cointreau, Apple Vodka, add a spoonful of maple syrup, serve flaming

for Gummy
    Swamp Water--Mtn Dew, Apple Vodka, Midori Melon Liquer, Lime juice, optional: top with shredded Nori(dried seaweed)

and for OUR fanon
    Midnight's Kiss or Midnight Bliss-- Mtn Dew Pitch Black, Blackberry Schnapps, Blue Raz Vodka, Baja Luna Black Rasberry

I make no claim that these would be any good, but hey, they fit thematically
    Oh dear. Ponies on alchohol. I hear angry motheres calling in about the show already...

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Eek! It was a compliment, princess! No Stare me, please?
    Oh, yeah... Ponies have genders/sex. Heh. I didn't actually think about that part when I made my one. Someone reminded me the other day actually, I guess I forgot again.

Actually, I genuinly thought Applejack and Rainbow Dash were guys until I was told otherwise.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-09-23 at 12:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sad now.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why does losing stars make your work a waste?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why does losing stars make your work a waste?
    Actually, I misreported the order of events. It was 5.0 before, I posted story 2 and after a few months of voting, it had dipped to 4.8 before I lost the stars.

Just sorta made the really really mixed reaction hit home harder. It's entirely emotional.

Not that this is what's making me decide to give up full time ponythreading. I've been absent for more than a week now. Double checking it and seeing that is what made me think of letting the thread know.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-09-23 at 12:24 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sad now.

Spoiler
    Show

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it. Parts of the fandom I used to love are just sorta meh, and there's other stuff I just don't feel like loving and tolerating anymore.

Sorry to hear that. Don't get discouraged by the stars though, look at what people say not what they vote.

That's my advice after my story got kinda low ratings, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Hey, what the heck? I lost about three hundred stars in OitC/Moonlight/Dating combined! Thankfully, none of them went down from their averages, but why the heck did it do that? It's not the first time, either, but it's the first time in a long time, and it's definitely the biggest drop I've experienced.

Also, I'm really sad to hear that, bobcat. We're gonna miss you around here, but you need to do what you need to do.
    I think I've lost about 50 votes and went slightly up. I don't get how this happens either. I know you can change your vote, but for so many people to do that all of a sudden doesn't make sense to me.

A glitch in the system maybe?

7. - Top - End - #937

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I think I've lost about 50 votes and went slightly up. I don't get how this happens either. I know you can change your vote, but for so many people to do that all of a sudden doesn't make sense to me.

A glitch in the system maybe?
    I also thought maybe that there's some 'time limit' on stars, that purges them at a certain date, or maybe we all get a whole lot of identical votes, and the system eventually picks up on them and purges them.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

I also thought maybe that there's some 'time limit' on stars, that purges them at a certain date, or maybe we all get a whole lot of identical votes, and the system eventually picks up on them and purges them.
    Hmm, that second option seems more likely to me. Maybe they were spam votes.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

Very frustrating to pretty much lose all of my Semper Fidelis votes in one go. None of my other fics went down much. Frikkin' website.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Witness l'Grandè è l'Formidablè Trixiè!
    Hm, I don't like Trixie's voice actor in this version. Lacks the pathos of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I feel like that every day at the moment. On the up side though, I'm pretty sure that ponies contributed to me getting a summer associate job with one of the best law firms in the United States. Thus, it's impossible to actually feel bad about my schedule.
    Glad to hear that. Also a little jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    If Hasbro wants to steal my ideas, I would be ecstatic. Can you comprehend what an enormous head start that would be to my career? "Why yes, actually, I have written commercially. I've been employed by Hasbro to write children's entertainment."

Basically, I'm going to write a lot of things in my time, so if a few of those things go into the world without me seeing payment then that's a price I'll cheerfully pay for name recognition.
    Every employer will be excited to hear that. Especially the part where you work for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    The list of non-fatal Australian animals is: some of the sheep?
    Sheep are the most brutal killers of them all. They destroy the environment and eliminate the livelihood of all creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Wait was yesterday your birthday? Happy birthday! Today is my birthday. Yep I am officially 25 years old and to celebrate I am totally watching ponies all day to prove to myself that I am not getting old also to recover from the impromptu celebration some of my friends threw for me. (and here I thought they had just forgotten my birthday when they all said they were busy this weekend but it turns out since they were busy they decided to do stuff leading into my birthday. Yay.)
    Happy birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Just something...

This is your singing telegram,
    We hope it finds you well.
    You're invited to a party
    'cause we think you're really swell!

DD's turning one* year old,
    So help us celebrate--
    The cake will be delicious,
    The festivities first-rate!

There will be games and dancing,
    Bob for apples, cut-a-rug!
    And when the party's over
    We'll gather 'round for a group hug.

No need to bring a gift,
    Being there will be enough...
    Birthdays mean having fun with friends,
    Not getting lots of stuff.

It won't be the same without you,
    So we hope that you say "yes."
    So please, oh please, RSVP
    And come and be our guest!

(I've been wanting to use that for a while now, and today I can!)

*Strictly true only for large values of one
    Huh, I did skiped that? Also happy birthday, belatedly.

I'm sad now.

Spoiler
    Show

That is sad. I anticipated your return and your posts. (Not that I had the time to read them now.) Soes this mean the third part of the ASiF trilogy is on hold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #941
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm sad now.

Spoiler
    Show

There's most certainly a glitch in the system somewhere. My little story from the end of July has suddenly lost somewhere around 60 stars and dropped .1 in the ratings. No way that was because of anything I did. I wouldn't worry about your ratings dropping.

Even if some posters did downrate you after you write it, Semper Fidelis was a great read, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, particularly if they're doing so because they were expecting a light shipfic and got a tale of Soarin being a big damn hero.

If you've gotta take a break take a break, but do not under any circumstances take away the idea that you need to write only what pleases the masses and never stretch yourself artistically. Terry Pratchett once said that if he had listened to what the fans wanted he would have written 20 books about Rincewind. I like Rincewind, but he is by far the least interesting character Pratchett has ever written.

When you get down to it there is a segment of the population who just want to read/watch the same story over and over. If you look in the mystery section of the bookstore you'll see plenty of writers who make a living catering to exactly that crowd, so by some metrics accommodating them is a valid tactic to make a living. But don't ever think that their opinion is somehow better than your own when it comes to what you should be writing.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty much. Why do more sequels when so many people were telling me I'd jumped the shark and I'm just not feeling it? I'll eventually finish Fair Feather, but I can't see myself having the drive to do more pony fics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    There's most certainly a glitch in the system somewhere. My little story from the end of July has suddenly lost somewhere around 60 stars and dropped .1 in the ratings. No way that was because of anything I did. I wouldn't worry about your ratings dropping.

Even if some posters did downrate you after you write it, Semper Fidelis was a great read, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, particularly if they're doing so because they were expecting a light shipfic and got a tale of Soarin being a big damn hero.

If you've gotta take a break take a break, but do not under any circumstances take away the idea that you need to write only what pleases the masses and never stretch yourself artistically. Terry Pratchett once said that if he had listened to what the fans wanted he would have written 20 books about Rincewind. I like Rincewind, but he is by far the least interesting character Pratchett has ever written.

When you get down to it there is a segment of the population who just want to read/watch the same story over and over. If you look in the mystery section of the bookstore you'll see plenty of writers who make a living catering to exactly that crowd, so by some metrics accommodating them is a valid tactic to make a living. But don't ever think that their opinion is somehow better than your own when it comes to what you should be writing.
    It's just a case of me being my own worst damn critic. I just see an enormous pile of flaws and problems, even though after the first day most of the reviews were positive. That rush of negative, angry reviews soured the story for me.

And that isn't the only reason I'm leaving by a longshot. I just haven't felt like keeping up with the ponies; there's too much and large sections of it irk me and a select few things enrage me.

Plus, I kinda wanna go write my own, publishable stuff. Ponies gave me a wide experience of different genres.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-09-23 at 12:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #943

Very frustrating to pretty much lose all of my Semper Fidelis votes in one go. None of my other fics went down much. Frikkin' website.
    Believe me, I can definitely understand, Out in the Cold had just cracked 300 votes, and Moonlight was well over two hundred and on it's way to 3, and now both of them are far away from what they were at.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

Plus, I kinda wanna go write my own, publishable stuff. Ponies gave me a wide experience of different genres.
    Well that's a good thing. Fanfic can be a good way to let off creative energy and practice your skills, but if you want to get published you do have to step away at some point and create your own worlds & characters.

Write what you feel inspired by and don't let the bad reviews get you down. If you need prereaders for any non-pony stuff I'm sure some of the crowd here would be willing to help, I know I would.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

Well that's a good thing. Fanfic can be a good way to let off creative energy and practice your skills, but if you want to get published you do have to step away at some point and create your own worlds & characters.

Write what you feel inspired by and don't let the bad reviews get you down. If you need prereaders for any non-pony stuff I'm sure some of the crowd here would be willing to help, I know I would.
    Thanks. Anyone who wants to chat with me, go ahead and add me to live messenger ([email protected]).

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

My reaction is as follows.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Shapeways also allow one to open up a webstore, in which others can buy prints of your models, for an additional mark-up you place on them; I have done so myself (named Aotrs Shipyards in a moment of whimsy.)
    (actually tempted)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Is the chaos portal ready?
    Yeah, why?
    Eternal Chaos comes with chocolate rain. and a large supply of chaos ships.
    Slaanesh would approve of chocolate rain.

And I do have a fairly solid idea in my mind where *I* picture everypony else is, and who they're with, but I sort have always liked that everypony else might have their own different idea. This, of course, changes when certain aspects of the plot I'm working on requires information on another pony's status.
    Tell tell teeeeell? Pwease?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    OW

OOF

WHAT?!

UrGHle

Ropes?

*SiuiS swings gently from a bundle of ropes, strung to a cross spar high above.
    One eye is a star, one is a commercial at. Pristine hat decorates a battered and cross-hatch scuffed cream pony, babbling to himself in a concussioned daze*
    (goes to help)
    (pauses)
    (takes pictures of bound SiuiS from an angle that hides the injuries)
    (THEN helps down and cuddles)

Right, I guess I'll just get rid of this...

Touch that chocolate, Hopereaver and your spleen will become violently introduced to my fist via your gastro-intestinal tract!

It's good to have you back, sir!
    YOU'RE BACK!
    (GLOMP)

I think Sunny Skies may qualify as Celestia's OC pony. She even uses her for LARPs...
    Hahahaha. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    (squee) cuuute

We can be hair friends.
    Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    A question to everyone with an OC, if you could get anyone, living or dead, from any point in their life to voice your character, who would it be?
    Jewel Staite for Faithful Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    It is indeed good to have our lich-y one back. Now it will be even more fun to watch when Lix tortures him with Love, Bondage, and her namesake.
    Licking a lich? Okay... xD

@DBC: Will miss you.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-09-23 at 01:05 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the goodbyes everyone. It's the fandom that's soured on me, not you bunch.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-09-23 at 01:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sad now.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm really sorry to hear all that. I agree with what's been said: Semper Fidelis was by no means a waste of time. The flaws you see? Those are lessons to make your next story, pony or not, better. Those aren't reasons to beat yourself up. I do understand why you're not eager to jump back into ponies to the same degree, and I respect your decision.

This is by no means goodbye though. I'll definitely stay in touch, and I hope I can see you around the thread again. Keep on being awesome.

(And before I forget, have some praise for your story: http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony...ny_fanfiction/)

(And on the stars note, New Moon Wanes lost 50 votes as well, the heck.)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-23 at 01:09 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear all that. I agree with what's been said: Semper Fidelis was by no means a waste of time. The flaws you see? Those are lessons to make your next story, pony or not, better. Those aren't reasons to beat yourself up. (And on the stars note, New Moon Wanes lost nearly 50 votes as well, the heck.)

I'll definitely stay in touch, and I hope I can see you around the thread again.

(And before I forget, have some praise for your story: http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony...ny_fanfiction/)
    Praise makes me "d'awww."

Reference to my lost 5.0 makes me frown. But the praise makes me d'awww.

Once again: I am my own worst damn critic. I am never satisfied with anything I do in any facet of life, pretty much.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    YOU'RE BACK!
    (GLOMP)
    Hah!

*there is a brief wuff of smoke comprised of tiny little skulls and Lix is abruptly glomping a 15' high Enrager Heavy Assault Droid. It does not appreciable make any reaction*

I told you I'd made preparations! Muahaha! Can't get me that easily! With a bit of careful research - and a massive power boots - it's amazingly what you can do if you there's a Lix clone standing right behind me, isn't there?

Yep.

Bugger.

Licking a lich? Okay... xD
    Waaaaaaaargh!

Getheroffgetheroff Get-her-offff!!!!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-09-23 at 01:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

So long DBC, you shall be missed.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

23. - Top - End - #953

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    That... was awesome. Anything you produce is amazing Midnight, seriously. Once again, I kind of want to see this turned into a full fledged story.
    Thank to very much. I certainly wasn't expecting to write it when I started writing it, if it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    HEY!! Back off...he needs to resolve that heart attack inducing cliffhangar first!!
    I will, I will! I can manage multiple things at once!

Tell tell teeeeell? Pwease?
    I actually had it written down on the computer that I lost. I'll have to recompile it, give me a little while and I'll let everpony know. :D

(And on the stars note, New Moon Wanes lost 50 votes as well, the heck.)
    Oh, hey, I'm specifically mentioned too!

Once again: I am my own worst damn critic. I am never satisfied with anything I do in any facet of life, pretty much.
    That...that must be a hard way to go through life, never being satisfied with anything you ever do.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the goodbyes everyone. It's the fandom that's soured on me, not you bunch.
    Wait. You're going?
    No! DON'T LEAVE ME WITH THESE PEOPLE! *grabs on to*

*looks around*
    I mean... Heh...
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-09-23 at 01:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Thank to very much. I certainly wasn't expecting to write it when I started writing it, if it makes sense.

I will, I will! I can manage multiple things at once!

I actually had it written down on the computer that I lost. I'll have to recompile it, give me a little while and I'll let everpony know. :D

Oh, hey, I'm specifically mentioned too!

That...that must be a hard way to go through life, never being satisfied with anything you ever do.
    The worst part is, it doesn't usually hit until I've already turned it in. I'm satisfied with stuff I accomplish until it's too late to improve it. I'm sort of a retroactive perfectionist.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-09-23 at 01:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

Take care Bobcat. If you start feeling a bit more pony, you know where to find us ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Wait was yesterday your birthday? Happy birthday! Today is my birthday. Yep I am officially 25 years old and to celebrate I am totally watching ponies all day to prove to myself that I am not getting old also to recover from the impromptu celebration some of my friends threw for me. (and here I thought they had just forgotten my birthday when they all said they were busy this weekend but it turns out since they were busy they decided to do stuff leading into my birthday. Yay.)
    Happy birthday! Ponies and cake for you too!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #957

I'm sad now.

Spoiler
    Show

We're really going to miss you around here Darth. You're an awesome person, and ponythread hasn't quite been the same without you. Now knowing you're not coming back... But at the same time I completely understand your reasoning. Sometimes things just wear off. I'm glad to hear we're not the cause. And don't be a stranger. Feel free to pop in and say hi once in a while. Once a friend, always a friend.

*Massive Hugs*

I seriously think there's a major glitch in the system over on Equestria Daily. 4.8 is still an insanely good rating. It means that overall you're story is rated to be 96% perfect. But yeah, I don't know what's up with the voting system. I think that the site might not log votes often enough, and when the system goes through and cleans/purges the more recent votes may be lost? I dunno.

I second this reaction.

The worst part is, it doesn't usually hit until I've already turned it in. I'm satisfied with stuff I accomplish until it's too late to improve it. I'm sort of a retroactive perfectionist.
    I understand how you feel here. There's always improvement, there's always something that could have been better. I can't listen to my own signing, and if a piece of writing of mine is over a few months old I will physically cringe when I go back and re-read it.

But don't let it get you down. Just keep your chin up, and push to make the next one even better. I never go back and re-read my old stuff specifically so I don't have to deal with that type of thinking.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-09-23 at 01:37 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Well done. I now have a ninth link on my favourites bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Dear ponythread, today I found out food poisoning isn't what it's cracked up to be.

I'll resume normal operations just as soon as I remove my face from the sink.

*collapses*
    Well, At least you haven't went completely mad like that one time when I got ill in China.
    Get Well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Once again ponies have entered my dreams.

(Please excuse the sloppy writing, its early in the morning and I'm trying to pull this from memory.)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am somewhere near my house, when I hear someone talking about how they had seen the eagle. For some reason, I decide that I too must see this creature, and hop into my car and drive down the road for a mile or two, at which point I see the eagle (its a bald eagle, by the way). Along the way I am listening in on conversations over the radio, mostly people talking about the eagle and how it kills so many animals and that it helps so and so hunt and so on.

While wondering why the eagle never helps me hunt (probably because I don't hunt...), I forget that there is a curve in the road and veer off into a bog filled with mines (in real life there is a soccer/football field there, so I have no idea where bogs and mines come from). At this point my car turns into a wagon and I begin to scoot out (I scoot, but I'm not a pony quite yet) of the bog onto the far side, where there is apparently a small truck stop.

At the stop I run across a friend from work, who pulls in about the same time I do with three trucks. Turns out he got tired of the grocery business and decided to start a trucking company with his wife and 15 year old son (by the way, I don't actually know if this guy is married or has a child). He asks me to keep quiet on a few things, since he is breaking a small handful of laws, such as having a 15 year old trucker in his company.

I leave the stop, and go to the road that connects the road to where I am to the road that I was originally on (just picture a rectangle, with the bog in the middle). As I'm about to go onto the connector road, I see sirens. Two volunteer firefighters are driving up the road, reach the end, and turn back to where they were.

Curious, I follow them, at which point I turn into Scootaloo, Sweetie Bell, and Apple Bloom. I see all of the firetrucks, and think I see some of the fire, but the view is awkward due to a bunch of trees. At this point, Captain Ido. Nos declares that we must go higher, so we go up the hill a ways, and hit what is apparently a reverse gravity trap, as we are all flung into the air at random directions, and are now in the process of falling to our deaths.

Until Fluttershy arrives in the nick of time and grabs all three of us (I guess the Captain was lost...). Unfortunately, she has also picked up a random mishmash of pirates, knights, marines, and generic villainous characters who had apparently been stalking us from the beginning. The added weight causes her to lose control, and we crash land.

Fluttershy then puts on her ninja outfit, and walks straight up to the leader of the bad guys. He apparently sent the men after the CMC because his boss threatened to turn him into a sandwich if he didn't. Hearing this, Fluttershy then walks away and leads us to safety.

I once had 6 pony dreams within the space of a week. Let me tell you, getting impaled by Rarity's horn is not fun. At least we got Exp for killing him though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    *Delurks*

Rainbow Dash versus Starscream: Deathmatch!

This just made my Friday afternoon.

*Relurks*
    I'm going to be completely and brutally honest here. It's... Nice.
    But seriously, I don't even know why I bother to watch this any more.
    Warning: Extremely negative in depth analysis/rant coming up featuring hypothetical pony death. You have been warned.
    Spoiler
    Show

The fight:
    Although I've never really been interested in Transformers, My money was in Starscream the entire time. Hey, Don't look at me like that; He's a giant freaking robot, for gods sake! Giant freaking robots tend to be pretty strong. Well anyway, I estimated he had a 66% chance of winning. 33% isn't too Rainbow Dash either. I expected a pretty equal match. God was I wrong.
    Throughout the entire fight, he got only two hits on Rainbow Dash. One had almost no power in it, and the other was a anti-electric laser thing. Wouldn't a true coward just pump her full of lead as soon as she dropped her guard?

And another thing: How could rainbow dash use the tornado to lift Starscream? I did a bit of research and found that Starscream would weigh 15 tonnes at the very least. Also, was I the only one who found Rainbow Dash to be out of character?

The ending:
    When the fight started, I made a prediction. I predicted that the Sonic Rainboom would be done badly. Unfortunately, I was right. Unless done perfectly, the Sonic Rainboom just ends up as a "What do you mean, It's not awesome?" moment.

Since The animators for the actual show are freaking amazing, They pulled it off. Her eyes tear up, You can see the effects of the G forces and there's a real sense of urgency. The Rainboom is beautifully animated as well. It's great.

In The DeathBattle, we get a sprite which overlaps the cone, moves as if it's any other scene and doesn't show any emotion at all. The Rainboom is just an ellipse with a standard rainbow pattern and a hole in the middle. It originates from behind Rainbowdash, which is confusing as she is in the centre of it. It used a backstitch there when it clearly called for a topstitch or maybe a traditional blanket stitch and the overdesign is reminiscent of an effect made in Microsoft PowerPoint and not true Flash haute couture... AND IT'S NOT FINE!

But Wait, There's even more laziness! Instead of getting sliced in half, or smashed through the chest as a result of the Sonic Rainboom, They push him off screen and make parts of his body fly in random directions. It wasn't until several seconds ago that I realised that was supposed to be the Buccaneer Blaze. What a cop out!
    And seriously? Eating him? That's just anti-climatic and totally out of character for Rainbow Dash. How would that even kill him? Couldn't he just phase through her? Or burst out her stomach? I could think of at least three better endings than that.

My thoughts on why it was made:
    Some people are saying they're brave for making a video using ponies. I Disagree. I think this episode was just made to cater to the large amount of Bronies on ScrewAttack. By including Rainbow Dash in an episode, they attract people who would not care otherwise. I think they were scared that the potentially new audience wouldn't enjoy it if Rainbow Dash got hurt. If they were truly brave, they would have had Rainbow Dash get hurt. Or even killed. But nope, they attempted to win people over by taking the obvious route.

Final Thoughts:
    I'm tired of potential being wasted.

GAH! I don't think I've ever written anything so mean spirited since I saw The Last Airbender. Anyway, I need to go watch Super Mario Bros Z now. Maybe it will wash the stench of mediocrity off me.
    Last edited by MBI; 2011-09-23 at 01:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    *Delurks*

Rainbow Dash versus Starscream: Deathmatch!

This just made my Friday afternoon.
    That was awesome. Could've used a voice actor that sounded more like Dash (the Starscream one was surprisingly good), but very entertaining.

Also, the Derpy cameo made me smile.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #960
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    A question to everyone with an OC, if you could get anyone, living or dead, from any point in their life to voice your character, who would it be?
    For Ponyard, who ever does the voice for Ezreal in LoL
    (id really like to voice him myself., tho but it we are going for actual voice actors, this is the man to do it.)

For nightscream: either Ron Perlman
    Or his LoL Counterpart, Nocturne.

Skyrocket: Tristana.
    Or. the ever wonderful Tara Strong
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce