New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 II: Zii's 'Z' Top - Sharp Dressed Girl

I should go to bed now. No bad dreams after reading this...

... tempting fate...
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

edit: Oops, that was for another thread...

Uhm... well, Gary is happy... yay? Kiley's missing out.
    Last edited by Kato; 2012-01-05 at 05:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, no real progression here, and if there was a joke, I don't get it.

One good thing is that Gary suggested "your thesis" and not "TRANSFORMERS!!1" as a subject. That's progress. Also it does seem that Kiley is interested in seeing him again, from the sounds of it on a friend-with-development-possibilites basis. Sounds good to me.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that last panel was pretty much my reaction as well after my first time. And ooph awkward morning afters are...
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-01-05 at 08:47 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Well that last panel was pretty much my reaction as well after my first time. And ooph awkward morning afters are...
    My reaction as well!
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    The walk of shame can occur anywhere where there are people to see you coming in early in the morning looking disheveled, even if it's only the walk from the person's car to their front door/apartment. Though in this case, given that the characters seem to make frequent use of the mass transit system it's almost a walk and train ride of shame.
    It is also identified if the person is wearing clothes fit for a nightclub or a bar early in the morning. Someone wearing sweats and disheveled hair early in the morning probably just went out to run errands. There is also definitely a sexist component to it (the walk of shame is rarely used to describe men)as well as the obvious moral judging. Finally, someone may be doing the "walk of shame" for non-sexual reasons, such as crashing on a friend's couch.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    It is also identified if the person is wearing clothes fit for a nightclub or a bar early in the morning. Someone wearing sweats and disheveled hair early in the morning probably just went out to run errands. There is also definitely a sexist component to it (the walk of shame is rarely used to describe men) as well as the obvious moral judging. Finally, someone may be doing the "walk of shame" for non-sexual reasons, such as crashing on a friend's couch.
    It is? I've always heard it used for both genders sexes equally.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    The only "shameful" way a man can have sex is with a relative or an animal.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    The only "shameful" way a man can have sex is with a relative or an animal.
    What if it's relatively an animal?

That was bad I should go to sleep
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

10. - Top - End - #880
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's pretty well rooted in the casual misogyny of college campuses as far as I've ever been able to tell, though it's as often used so by women as it is men. Possibly more, because in the traditional setting, it's the women who stayed home or made it back to their own bed that are watching the women who did not make it back to their own beds the night before during the alcohol fueled festivities at a frat house and commenting upon it or filing it away for later gossip or fuel for slut shaming/hatred or x.

And unless it was a major beer goggles incident, a notch on a guy's bedpost is a notch on a guy's bedpost.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-01-05 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #881
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Thread hopping. Love this comic. I'm sure someone already posted this, but Gary is amazing for landing two Lonely Island songs all by himself over the series...

Still, let's sing it with him "I JUST HAD SEEEEEEEX, AND IT FEEELT SO GOOOD!"

The other was...

You know, on a first read I though Zii was amazing and awesome, but, rereading it, she's such an insensitive, selfish prick...
    "Start slackin' off a little, then you slack off a little more, and next thing you know, you've turned all lazy and flabby"

12. - Top - End - #882
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Thread hopping. Love this comic. I'm sure someone already posted this, but Gary is amazing for landing two Lonely Island songs all by himself over the series...

The other was...

You know, on a first read I though Zii was amazing and awesome, but, rereading it, she's such an insensitive, selfish prick...
    At least she's better than Senna.

13. - Top - End - #883

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

Awesome song. Just.... awesome.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #884
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Senna is really being a prick. Flanderization?
    "Start slackin' off a little, then you slack off a little more, and next thing you know, you've turned all lazy and flabby"

15. - Top - End - #885

No, that's taking one trait of a character and exaggerating it - the little we saw of Senna before was flirting with Gary. She's not a three-dimensional character who was flattened, she's just a one-dimensional jerk.

16. - Top - End - #886

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    No, that's taking one trait of a character and exaggerating it - the little we saw of Senna before was flirting with Gary. She's not a three-dimensional character who was flattened, she's just a one-dimensional jerk.
    Don't forget she was doing it to deliberately make him uncomfortable when he was obviously emotionally distressed and then flustered from having walked in on them because they were too dumb to lock the bloody door.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #887

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Don't forget she was doing it to deliberately make him uncomfortable when he was obviously emotionally distressed and then flustered from having walked in on them because they were too dumb to lock the bloody door.
    True. Okay, so still not Flanderization, she's just an awful excuse for a human being period.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, to be totally honest, you'd hard pressed to find what you'd call decent human being in Ma3. Gary's the closest, I guess and that says a lot.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

19. - Top - End - #889

Yeah, but when Senna's sole purpose for being a character seems to be for making everyone else, including Zii, look better by comparison, it gets a little odd.

20. - Top - End - #890

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, but when Senna's sole purpose for being a character seems to be for making everyone else, including Zii, look better by comparison, it gets a little odd.
    Well, considering what they've done with Zii, getting her back into sympathetic-ish character territory on her own seems like it'd be a bit tricky.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

We've only seen Senna in three scenes, one in which she was teasingly flirty (and given what Gary interrupted, that's as good a reaction as you can hope for), one where she recruited Sandra and one when she as at work. It might be a bit early to call her a lost cause just yet, 's all I'm sayin'.

Personally, I've no real problem with her. She's doing the model diva thing, exaggerated a bit, sure, but it's comedy. A friend of mine who's worked in the movie business tells me that the latest scene isn't that far from the truth.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, considering what they've done with Zii, getting her back into sympathetic-ish character territory on her own seems like it'd be a bit tricky.
    My guess is, what Coidzor says is the truth. Somewhere down the line, the authors need Zii back in action(lets face, she's been absent for an awful long time) and they need her to look good. Or at least better. They can't do it on their own, without pulling Mary Sue(bigger one, at least), so they introduce a character who's even more obnoxious than Zii. And bam, we have Senna.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

23. - Top - End - #893

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    We've only seen Senna in three scenes, one in which she was teasingly flirty (and given what Gary interrupted, that's as good a reaction as you can hope for)
    ...Why would you think that making things worse after being careless enough to leave the door practically hanging open is as good a reaction as one can hope for?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-01-06 at 12:23 PM.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

openis
    *snickers*

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

...Why would you think that making things worse after being careless enough to leave the door practically hanging open is as good a reaction as one can hope for?
    Well, if I were to picture myself in that position, which is admittedly awfully hard, I'd probably yell at Matt to get that moron out of there because we are busy, or be awfully bummed out and unhappy.

I fail to see what harm Senna has done exactly? She teased Gary, yes. That doesn't seem to have affected him much. In fact, seeing that a hot, experienced girl (for the purposes of this discussion) was flirting with him can very possibly have been good for him, but we've no real evidence for that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    My guess is, what Coidzor says is the truth. Somewhere down the line, the authors need Zii back in action(lets face, she's been absent for an awful long time) and they need her to look good. Or at least better. They can't do it on their own, without pulling Mary Sue(bigger one, at least), so they introduce a character who's even more obnoxious than Zii. And bam, we have Senna.
    Personally, given how little Senna has been in the comic so far and given that she seems to be getting how own comic, implying that her (and Sandra's?) appearances in Ma3 is about to get really scarce, I question this hypothesis. Particularly when it would be much more efficient to, y'know, develop Zii instead.

I think she's just what she seems to be: a diva model who we've only seen the first layer of yet, but who will be developed in her own comic.

26. - Top - End - #896

NecromancerGuy

I fail to see what harm Senna has done exactly? She teased Gary, yes. That doesn't seem to have affected him much.
    She made his emotional distress worse at the time and made aggressive, unwelcome sexual advances on him while he was still trying to recover from his flustration at having walked in on the two of them having sex. She might not have done any lasting harm, but causing short term mental duress and exacerbating pre-existing frustration and angst without long term harm is hardly the best result of that situation.

It could very easily have been resolved without harm beyond that to his eyes, but that would have required them to be reasonable facsimiles of adult human beings.

In fact, seeing that a hot, experienced girl (for the purposes of this discussion) was flirting with him can very possibly have been good for him, but we've no real evidence for that either.
    Did you forget the bit where she said she had the best of both worlds and he basically saw her genitalia? As far as I can tell, from Gary's perspective and most males who roughly conform to heteronormativity or at least haven't been steeped in progressivist, LBGTA+ culture, the male genitalia invalidate or at least make hazy the whole "girl" thing.

He seemed quite distressed about it at the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    *snickers*
    *grumbleoldkeyboardsandspacebarsgrumblebgrumblemum blerumble*

Particularly when it would be much more efficient to, y'know, develop Zii instead.
    They seem to be allergic to developing these characters as opposed to their others though, is the main thing. So they have to have a lot of benadryll and take breaks between doing so.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I guess I can see why Gary would have been uncomfortable but I don't hold it (much) against Senna... she didn't really mean to be evil, I think. And the diva stick... well, it's a diva stick.
    Then again, I don't see the need to use her to make Zii look better since I don't hold much against Zii either.

28. - Top - End - #898

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hm... I guess I can see why Gary would have been uncomfortable but I don't hold it (much) against Senna... she didn't really mean to be evil, I think.
    She was purposefully and gleefully exacerbating his condition and discomfit. Evil don't really enter into it just yet, but it certainly weren't benevolent if we're going to dip into that kind of terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    And the diva stick... well, it's a diva stick.
    Did you mean to say shtick or stick? Because those are two very, very different things.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile i have never heard of this concept at all.
    (But then again, i've never been to college.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

She made his emotional distress worse at the time and made aggressive, unwelcome sexual advances on him while he was still trying to recover from his flustration at having walked in on the two of them having sex. She might not have done any lasting harm, but causing short term mental duress and exacerbating pre-existing frustration and angst without long term harm is hardly the best result of that situation.
    I'm sorry, I just don't see that. What I see is Gary being insecure around a hot girl. What else is new? I just can't find any implication that it causes him any greater degree of strain than close contact with any other female specimen does, and that's his problem, right? That's what he's got to work on to get a functional sex life.

Theoretically you could be right, of course, and he's more profoundly shaken by Senna than other girls. Those things don't have to show. But from all I can see, that is not the case. Occam's razor and all that.

It could very easily have been resolved without harm beyond that to his eyes, but that would have required them to be reasonable facsimiles of adult human beings.
    I'm not saying the situation couldn't have been solved more optimally. I'm saying that it was solved well enough to not cause any shade to fall on Senna. Hell, Matt drops his pants right in front of Gary in that scene, and I don't hear anyone ragging on him.

Most things can very easily be resolved without harm, yet still, adult human beings often fail to do so. This is because most often, adult human beings are not half as rational as they like to view themselves.

Did you forget the bit where she said she had the best of both worlds and he basically saw her genitalia? As far as I can tell, from Gary's perspective and most males who roughly conform to heteronormativity or at least haven't been steeped in progressivist, LBGTA+ culture, the male genitalia invalidate or at least make hazy the whole "girl" thing.

He seemed quite distressed about it at the time anyway.
    From what I can see, he doesn't seem all too bothered by it. Yes, he's flustered, but he always is, see above. Also note the little hearts and stupid smile in the last frame. Yeah.

They seem to be allergic to developing these characters as opposed to their others though, is the main thing. So they have to have a lot of benadryll and take breaks between doing so.
    Gary is getting some right now, and Zii has also seen some progression. In any case, that's a side track. My main point is that I don't think Senna is being pushed as a comparison for Zii to look good by.

With all due respect, I think there's a tendency to interpret some characters in the worst possible light and to overrate what "real humans" would have done in their stead. I mean, the people in this comic is far from perfect, but so are "real humans."
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-01-06 at 06:12 PM.